Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i went to EB to return Pokemon and Metriod GBA cuz they didnt work...

got 33 bux for it :) and LOL i got the fire emblem Cel thing for free., didn't preorder.

im like "this is nice.." and i took it and looked at it, and he's like "take it man"

:) man, im making this my fav EB, ( theres 5 eb around my area)

and the guys there are super nice, know me, and they are cool guys.

[quote name='danthemightyone']SF4 preorder red bandana is in EB now! I received mine today. Go claim your share.[/quote]

what? ... that is... shocking 0_0 ganna go to Eb tom, i will certainly ask about it ;)

[quote name='Bencherstyle']^ its just the gaming guarantee at EB and

Game Crazy is giving out "sand" globes to ppl who pre-order..but thats only inthe us :([/quote]

wow are you serious?

why would i want to return my RE5 game after a week anyway. bleh

These are in the latest EB Games Flyer/Catalogue thingy (April 2009).

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - preorder bonus code for in game items.

XMen Origins Wolverine - preorder bonus access to Weapon X Arena.

Prototype - preorder bonus Alex Mercer Figure.

The Magazine didn't specify if the preorder bonus were specific to any systems or for all. I imagine the Wolverine one may depend on the system as it is coming out for all systems.

i saw those infamous codes at eb.. so you should be able to find them

- this isnt really pre-order since the game already came out... but

i got those cell shaded collectibles at EB (just like fire emblem) for resident evil 5.

i mentioned that i pre-ordered it and he gave me one. looks coo l:p

Any new pre-order bonus items for upcoming games? I was hoping on something for ghostbusters after seeing all the stuff the states is getting, but of course i won't hold my breath...

[quote name='saad77']Any new pre-order bonus items for upcoming games? I was hoping on something for ghostbusters after seeing all the stuff the states is getting, but of course i won't hold my breath...[/QUOTE]
EB is giving out a t-shirt

[quote name='greywolf501']EB is giving out a t-shirt[/QUOTE]

Hmm.....intersting, i just called one and they said nothing about that. Have to call a few more tomorrow and see what's going on.

Hey Guys,

I picked up my pre-order for Ghostbusters today and got the t-shirt. I was told that the code for the extra costume was not available in Canada.... Anyone able to get one or do we just get the t-shirt?

[quote name='onemorechanc']I've never pre-ordered a game before, but I'm considering Halo: ODST. Anybody hear if there will be any goodies for that?[/QUOTE]

If you pre-order (at least in the states) you are able to download Sgt. Johnston for use in Firefight.

[quote name='dancrane212']If you pre-order (at least in the states) you are able to download Sgt. Johnston for use in Firefight.[/QUOTE]

What retailer is offering that?

[quote name='onemorechanc']What retailer is offering that?[/QUOTE]

GameStop. Not sure if it is exclusive to GameStop or not.

Here is a picture.

johnson03.jpg

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']GS in the States is getting a poster/T-Shirt with pre-orders of Metroid Prime Trilogy. Is Canada getting the same thing?[/QUOTE]
Probably

If it's the same thing for Canada then I don't really care. I don't put up posters and I doubt I'd ever wear that t-shirt.

That's not really pre-order goodies, but you'll probably have to pre-order it to make sure you an get a copy with the goggles

[quote name='kgroat']That's not really pre-order goodies ...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point, got it mixed up with the special edition crowd. Oh well, I'll leave it in this thread for now ... I'm sure it will cause somebody to start saving their $$$ for it.

Anyone know if Demon Soul's pre order artbooks will be in Canada? i have it pre ordered with amazon.ca currently and im hoping it comes with the art book as well.

EDIT: nevermind, it seems amazon will have it as shows up as Demon Soul's w/ Artbook

[quote name='onemorechanc']Ok, so this is one of the coolest pre-order goodies I have ever heard of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS...Vision-Goggles--.html&feature=player_embedded

Found it here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...dition-Comes-With-Night-Vision-Goggles--.html

Also, it seems to include the original COD as a download for the XBLA:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...al-Call-of-Duty-Confirmed-for-the-Arcade.html

I really, *really* hope this is available in Canada![/QUOTE]

WTH, the preorder with goggles is available in UK and Ireland only?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/18/modern-warfare-2-prestige-edition-exclusive-to-hmv-in-uk-gamest/

Hell, if this only came here on X-Box I'd still buy one for the goggles :hot:

[quote name='Bencherstyle']im pretty sure it will come to canada, and all those come without pre-ordering so.. :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I made a mistake posting it in this thread ... as another poster pointed out, it isn't actually a "pre-order" bonus, just a collector's edition.

I am kind of curious about the NVG though ... I wonder what the specs are. It's probably a Gen 1 design, so just be careful when using them if they are.

For the most part I think the pre-orders from EB are the same as the US Gamestops right? Would it be of any interest for me to go through the US site and make a summary thread for us?

Uhh, no. We miss like 50% (or more?) of what America gets. And what we do get is often random, with no advance notice. That's why this thread is here, to try and give us a heads up for what we actually will get.

[quote name='DoubleStop']Anyone know if Demon Soul's pre order artbooks will be in Canada? i have it pre ordered with amazon.ca currently and im hoping it comes with the art book as well.

EDIT: nevermind, it seems amazon will have it as shows up as Demon Soul's w/ Artbook[/QUOTE]

You can actually get the pre-order bonus' through EBgames in canada as well. It was weird though, one of my eb's had a sign up in the window advertising it, but when I went to my nearby EB they were kinda oblivious but said they would be if the other one was. Musta got a smart cookie working that day :p

[quote name='boba_fett300']Any pre-order goodies for Batman Arkham Asylum? Or how bout Marvel Ultimate Alliance, do we get Juggernaut in Canada's EB?[/QUOTE]

I saw a sign at EB for the Juggernaut code.

I pre-ordered Metroid Trilogy and Scribblenauts: fingers crossed for pre-order bonuses (I know Scribblenauts should get a rooster hat).

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I saw a sign at EB for the Juggernaut code.

I pre-ordered Metroid Trilogy and Scribblenauts: fingers crossed for pre-order bonuses (I know Scribblenauts should get a rooster hat).[/QUOTE]

I hope EBgames Canada gets the Metroid tshirt too!

[quote name='boba_fett300']Any pre-order goodies for Batman Arkham Asylum? Or how bout Marvel Ultimate Alliance, do we get Juggernaut in Canada's EB?[/QUOTE]

they have info on the jugg codes...though i doubt any locations actually have the codes yet (mine didn't but said they would by release)

they better as its the only reason I'm even bothering to buy it day 1 and not wait for a sale

but does anyone have info on Batman: AA? I pre-ordered but the clerk didn't know if they were getting the challenge maps (as gamestop is getting)

Courtesy of Wick98 @ RFD:
Brutal Legend: Tenacious D guitar (in-game, I believe)

NHL 2K10 Wii - Free lithograph Wiimote cover (NHL team logo designs. It showed one for each team.)

NHL 10 - Kane 88 Boost Pack

Need For Speed Shift - exclusive BMW car code

Dragon Age Origins - Feral Wolf Charm and Memory Band

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - Exclusive Stone Cold character

Uncharted 2 - Exclusive Revenge Booster

Forza 3 - Exclusive Audi car code

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - Exclusive Juggernaut unlock code

[quote name='kyle071785']

but does anyone have info on Batman: AA? I pre-ordered but the clerk didn't know if they were getting the challenge maps (as gamestop is getting)[/QUOTE]
I'm trying to find this out. Some comments on youtube said that Gamestop employees say there will be a code inside the game box for it.

I got a call today from my local EB that my preorder for Metroid Triology has come in.

No poster, no T-shirt. :(

I asked them if it'll come in later, and he said that he doesn't know, but he didn't receive anything from their head office in terms of pre-orders for that game.

that sucks.

bread's done
Back