Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TripleQ']I didn't get anything when I picked up DJ Hero.. I forgot to ask though, and was planning on going back to ask if there were the bonus songs.[/QUOTE]

I was told that there are no pre-order bonuses for DJ Hero.

So I called the EB closest to me that and they said they didn't know if there was a bonus item for pre-orders of Dragon Age, and if there was one they would get it closer to release. I called another EB and they said there definitely was a bonus item and they would hopefully get the cards for it closer to release day. I would assume that all the stores get the cards at the same time, except some, like my store, throw them all in a big box, and some stores, like the one i called, tape them to the pre-orders. I know i should probably go to the other store, but i use transit, and it's such a pain to get to, so i'll try my luck at the closest store and hope for the best. lol

anyone gotten a code for the left4dead2 demo yet? i called today and was told my store hasn't gotten them yet, but they'd call me. i pre-ordered months ago...hopefully i get it, but if not no huge loss.

[quote name='cm matty']anyone gotten a code for the left4dead2 demo yet? i called today and was told my store hasn't gotten them yet, but they'd call me. i pre-ordered months ago...hopefully i get it, but if not no huge loss.[/QUOTE]

My store knew of no pre-order bonus yet so I am confused as to what is going on with the codes. I know people have got them but I think they are from the States. I also figured a torrent would have gone up for the demo but so far nothing? Really weird imo

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Oh also there's a Pumpkin Head for Little Big PLanet tight now on PSN.[/QUOTE]

It's the same one as last year, which kind of sucks if you already have it, but good if you just got the game. Grab it while you can!

Picked up my copy of Dragon Age this morning. EB Games in downtown Vancouver only received a box of a ton of PC pre-order bonus cards (way more than they needed, according to the CSR), and none for the Xbox 360.

I have my receipt that shows I picked up a pre-sell copy. Do you guys think I'd have any luck checking at another store tonight to see if they have any cards left, or should I check the store I picked my copy up from over the next couple of days to see if they get any in? Just wondering if another store would give me one (provided they had extras) even though I purchased it at a different store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cthulhu8u, A store I was in today didn't get any 360 cards but the manager said he read that the PC Coded Cards work on the 360 market place. He couldn't verify or guaranty it would work but he was giving one to everyone that bought the 360 version and if they don't work just come back in a few days.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Cthulhu8u, A store I was in today didn't get any 360 cards but the manager said he read that the PC Coded Cards work on the 360 market place. He couldn't verify or guaranty it would work but he was giving one to everyone that bought the 360 version and if they don't work just come back in a few days.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I might be able to pop back in during my lunch hour and see if I can get them to give me one. Was just doing a bit of research online, and it seems the code is entered in the in-game content menu, not through LIVE and doesn't even have enough characters for LIVE anyway. So going by that, it would seem that it's possible the codes could be the same. Thanks for the info.

So there actually is a separate card for the gamestop/EB dragon age preorder bonus items?
The EB i went to this morning said they didn't get any and they thought it was included in the game packaging, they called another store and confirmed this. I think they are mistaking the other bonus items that come with the game, even though i tried to explain i was talking about the gamestop/EB preorder items.

Anyway, i don't even have the game yet because they didn't get their shipment in for the PS3 :( I even waited in the mall all morning for the delivery guy to show up at the store and they still didn't get it. They were baffled as well because they were certain it was on that shipment, as it was supposed to be airmailed to the store. So now i have no clue when i will be able to get it, hopefully tomorrow, but i'm not gonna hold my breath. meh!

I was told (without asking) that they didn't receive the separate pre-order bonus cards, and I will be contacted when they come in.

Debating whether I should use my Dragon Age pre-order items or eBay it for about $10. I have the CE and that came with DLC items too.

Also, someone else was getting the 360 version and it was already gutted. :whistle2:(

Hi Guys,

I was just curious if anyone got $5 off for pre-ordering Left 4 Dead 2 at ebgames? I know the US is running that promotion but, I was unsure if we got the same deal.

I was also curious if anyone got a T-shirt with Assassin's Creed II? I picked mine up on Tuesday but, they only had the pre-order dlc code.

[quote name='supergrover99']Hi Guys,

I was just curious if anyone got $5 off for pre-ordering Left 4 Dead 2 at ebgames? I know the US is running that promotion but, I was unsure if we got the same deal.

I was also curious if anyone got a T-shirt with Assassin's Creed II? I picked mine up on Tuesday but, they only had the pre-order dlc code.[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing the $5 off advertised somewhere... They had the same promotion for L4D1. It was in the flyer last year, but when I asked about it, they tried to explain to me that the $5 I use to pre-order a game goes towards the price of the game... So I ended up paying full price for the thing cause I couldn't find the flyer afterwards.

No T-Shirt for me either for AC2. I never knew about it. Got the DLC code though.

Those of you who pre-ordered L4D2 should have got it for $64.99+tax. But if you did a Trade-3 you don't get any money back. My eb still had the L4D2 ads hanging from the ceiling, so they knew full well about the deal.

For Assassins Creed 2 I didn't see any t-shirts, but I didn't pick it up until later in the afternoon (preorder bonuses are generally rare for my eb) but I did get the bonus map.

[quote name='TripleQ']No sign of any AC2 t-shirts at my eb when I picked up my pre-order.. didn't ask though[/QUOTE]
Apparently my store got a bunch of AC2 hoodies, but the employees quickly snatched them up.

I just got my preorder bonus for Dragon Age (PS3) today. They finally got it in. They had all 3 platforms availble. Just thought I'd let people know.

Has there been any info at all about that 100 page book for Darksiders that EB should have.

This is something I really need and if it isn't going to be available here, I will need to order from the US.

EB/GS All confirmed for Canada

Bioshock 2 - Code to unlock Blanche the actress and Zigo the fisherman in multiplayer mode.
Bayonetta - Posters of Bayonetta in 8 seductive poses (lol - I played the demo and don't find her attractive at all)
Darksiders - In game harvester weapon
Dante's Inferno - Figurine - click here for pics
MAG - in-game character S.V.E.R. (Seryi Volk Executive Response)
Mass Effect 2 - In-game Terminus Armor and M-490 Blackstorm

The God of War III demo codes are in at the EB in Kanata. The skin code didn't work yet but the demo code worked fine. It's a 2GB download so start downloading a good while before you want to play it :)

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The God of War III demo codes are in at the EB in Kanata. The skin code didn't work yet but the demo code worked fine. It's a 2GB download so start downloading a good while before you want to play it :)[/QUOTE]

Can I ask you, is it a different demo from the one that came with the Collection?

It's the same E3 demo that comes with the God of War collection. I just haven't picked up the collection yet it's on my Christmas list :)

[quote name='telepathy']it's probably the same, the one that comes with the collection is just a code that you download from the psn right?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It's the same E3 demo that comes with the God of War collection. I just haven't picked up the collection yet it's on my Christmas list :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Gamestop.ca lists my copy of Darksiders as shipped, but for the pre-order bonus art book it says "Pending." Anyone experiencing this, or know if it's a bad sign or just standard?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Gamestop.ca lists my copy of Darksiders as shipped, but for the pre-order bonus art book it says "Pending." Anyone experiencing this, or know if it's a bad sign or just standard?[/QUOTE]

I have 2 entries:

DARKSIDERS - PS3 Pre-order Ships 05/01/2010

DARKSIDERS COMIC Backordered

To me, pending sounds better, heh.

I emailed them back on Dec. 24th when I pre-ordered and at that time the comic had been removed from the US site but was still shown on .ca, this was their response:

"We show that it is still listed on the Canada website, therefore, you
should still be eligible to receive the art book. However, please keep
in mind that all bonus items are free and are limited quantity."

Well, the game arrived today at 11am (nice service) but didn't have the art book OR the weapon code. I realize the code is universal so I don't need it, but the game was supposed to include it. If it was a unique code I'd be pissed. Game is incredible so far, though.

I picked up DarkSiders today and got the artbook. The Harvester pre-order bonus is NOT a download code but is already in-game. The inside back cover of the artbook has instructions on how unlock it. I'll put up the instructions here so that anyone can get it (even those who didn't pre-order):

Step 1: While in the game, enter the pause menu.
Step 2: Select options.
Step 3: Under game options, select enter code.
Step 4: Enter the words "The Hollow Lord". Note: It's case sensitive. Select done.
Step 5: The next time you visit Vulgrim, the harvester will be available for purchase from the weapons menu.

I assume this method works on both the 360 and PS3. Have fun!

No wonder I didn't get the code, if it's part of the art book. I thought it would be a voucher or something. Anyway I realize it's universal so it's no loss to me but I want the damn book. I've avoided unlocking the Harvester so far cause I don't want an unfair advantage that lets me progress too easily.

Apparently Final Fantasy XIII will have a 'bonus book' from the gamestop.ca site, anyone know anything about that?

It says it on the homepage but when you click the link to the products, there's no mention of it for either version.

Nothing on Gamestop.com... Perhaps they're shrinkwrapping over the package a collectable, high quality, full colour, french manual :lol:

Anyone know if BB and FS will have the Inferno armor ? I want to preorder it there but i want to make sure they will have the codes.

I have never had any luck with preorder bonuses with BB or FS before so i doubt this will be any different.

BB and FS if you preorder something... Don't you get a legit preorder box always? Generally, that's the only time I've ever heard of someone getting a code.

Hi,

I'm wondering, did anyone receive their code for the "GameStop exclusive Phantom of Chaos character skin" for God of War 3 [when ordering in store]?

"In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: A pre-order card containing a code and instructions on how to download the skin will be available at time of reservation."

I preordered the game yesterday but totally forgot about it.
I forgot to ask for the demo code as well, but I don't really need it since I plan on getting the God of War Collection.

Also, did anyone get their preorder things for Dante's Infero?
- the "Dante’s Inferno collectible figurine" and "Extraction Mode" code

I was thinking about preordering that, but I was just curious if anyone had received their preorder bonuses in store.

This is the first I've heard of a bonus book with Final Fantasy XIII. I hope they update the site with more information soon.

Thanks

AndyTwobeats The demo code and the Phantom of Chaos character skin are on the same card. My EB had it since Dec. 15th, the skin code didn't work in December but I haven't tried it since then.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']AndyTwobeats The demo code and the Phantom of Chaos character skin are on the same card. My EB had it since Dec. 15th, the skin code didn't work in December but I haven't tried it since then.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the help/reply :D
My EB didn't have any code cards left, but I"m hoping they'll email them to me if I contact support.

Did anyone get the bonus cards for preordering Tatsunoko vs Capcom yet? When I went to preorder last week the guy had no idea what I was talking about, so I assumed they would get them on the release date. However, people on gamefaqs and other sites have already mentioned getting them, but I think that just might be in the US....just wanted to make sure, so I thought I'd ask. :p

Anyone know what the pre-order bonuses are for Final Fantasy XIII specifically 360, if there are any?

[quote name='RchrdJ']Anyone know what the pre-order bonuses are for Final Fantasy XIII specifically 360, if there are any?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop Canada is giving out a bonus book with a FFXIII pre-order.
The book is either the art book, or the prologue manga.

So yeah, Gamestop preorder for either FF13 is on display on their counter; ministrategy guide and a poster or something. Random shit but no one's buying this for the extras. :applause:

Has anyone been able to preorder Record of Agarest War for Xbox 360 in Canada? They keep telling me they can't, I might as well just order from Gamestop.ca or something if they don't get it in soon, waste of time for me to keep asking.

[quote name='Icetron']Has anyone been able to preorder Record of Agarest War for Xbox 360 in Canada? They keep telling me they can't, I might as well just order from Gamestop.ca or something if they don't get it in soon, waste of time for me to keep asking.[/QUOTE]I preordered 2 copies just last week. Didn't have any problems doing so. As it turns out they aren't even ordering the "regular edition" :)

bread's done
Back