Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[quote name='chrisryans']This is pretty much a general shipping question. I won a PS3 through a draw the other day. I already own one so I'm looking to sell it, so far it seems ebay is the only one that will secure me a sale. I'm just wondering what the cheapest and best method of shipping would be, and how much would it be?[/quote]

Just sell it local on craigslist or kijiji or rfd or something. Shipping is a pain.

I've been trying kijiji and I've been getting nothing but horrible offers. I was looking for atleast the 350-375 range but people seem to think they can get it for $200. Though I am pretty suprised at the amount of people sending me emails about it, some people seemed to be willing to discuss the offer but most are just being ridiculous. Can't blame them for trying though haha.

Where are the live points deals? There are finally things worth buying on XBLA and I don't want to taint those purchases with the sour, fetid stench of the standard overpricing of points cards.

Since now Blockbuster has a bunch of games at great prices when do you think they'll have their next sale ? Early september ? If someone remembers from, last year it would be great.

[quote name='MrGone']Where are the live points deals? There are finally things worth buying on XBLA and I don't want to taint those purchases with the sour, fetid stench of the standard overpricing of points cards.[/quote]

you pretty much have to wait till the next BB for FS sale where they discount accessories knocking a few bucks off the cards.

That's what I was afraid of :(

I really hate microsoft's entire marketplace deal. Everything about it seems to have been carefully engineered to poke us with sharp things in tender areas.

[quote name='chrisryans']I've been trying kijiji and I've been getting nothing but horrible offers. I was looking for atleast the 350-375 range but people seem to think they can get it for $200. Though I am pretty suprised at the amount of people sending me emails about it, some people seemed to be willing to discuss the offer but most are just being ridiculous. Can't blame them for trying though haha.[/quote]

Expect lowballs. The 40GB is on the way out to make way for the 80GB this fall, plus it's not that hard to get a new PS3 for less than retail. No receipts and BNIB raise flags as well.

It might help to package it with a game or two so you can sell it for more, but most people shy away from package deals unless they're the games they really want.

I don't know if it's been asked recently but I'm looking for a good cheap ass deal on an Xbox 360 wireless controller, preferably black to match my elite console. My last extra controller just literally stopped working, I tried to charge it but the light would just stay red and wouldn't last 10 minutes if I unplugged it. Thanks for any leads :)

[quote name='chrisryans']I've been trying kijiji and I've been getting nothing but horrible offers. I was looking for atleast the 350-375 range but people seem to think they can get it for $200. Though I am pretty suprised at the amount of people sending me emails about it, some people seemed to be willing to discuss the offer but most are just being ridiculous. Can't blame them for trying though haha.[/quote]

If you get a win at $350 on ebay you're still going to lose at least 20 bucks in PP/ebay fees. Put it up for 300-350 and it will sell somewhere I'm sure. Just say its firm and leave it at that.

[quote name='CrushEm']I don't know if it's been asked recently but I'm looking for a good cheap ass deal on an Xbox 360 wireless controller, preferably black to match my elite console. My last extra controller just literally stopped working, I tried to charge it but the light would just stay red and wouldn't last 10 minutes if I unplugged it. Thanks for any leads :)[/QUOTE]

Have you tried to clean the battery connectors with alcohol and a Q-tip or try using the just the AA battery pack. I had the hardest time trying to get one of my controllers to charge but once I cleaned the connectors on the controller would charge.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Have you tried to clean the battery connectors with alcohol and a Q-tip or try using the just the AA battery pack. I had the hardest time trying to get one of my controllers to charge but once I cleaned the connectors on the controller would charge.[/quote]

That's actually a really good idea. Mine seem to work just fine, but I'm definitely going to do this.

Anyone know if The Source has similar sales as Circuit City in the states, cause i really wanna pick up Eternal Sonata for 16 bucks and Goomba doesn't live near a Circuit City.

[quote name='afterburn999']Anyone know if The Source has similar sales as Circuit City in the states, cause i really wanna pick up Eternal Sonata for 16 bucks and Goomba doesn't live near a Circuit City.[/quote]

Definitely not. Check The Source's website for deals; there are hardly any.

I apologize for the noob post, but I'm hoping I can get some clarification on the Amazon.ca $10 coupon codes talked about in this thread. Two codes are mentioned there and are said to both work, but how exactly are the codes used? Are they specifically for video games? Or are they for new users? Or are they just a code found that is being used by people who shouldn't be? :p

Also is it possible to use both codes for one purchase and/or use the same code for different purchases? I'm not looking to abuse it, just want a few questions answered to know where to walk and where to tiptoe.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']I apologize for the noob post, but I'm hoping I can get some clarification on the Amazon.ca $10 coupon codes talked about in this thread. Two codes are mentioned there and are said to both work, but how exactly are the codes used? Are they specifically for video games? Or are they for new users? Or are they just a code found that is being used by people who shouldn't be? :p

Also is it possible to use both codes for one purchase and/or use the same code for different purchases? I'm not looking to abuse it, just want a few questions answered to know where to walk and where to tiptoe.[/quote]You can use one, either of them, on your first purchase at Amazon.ca and that's about it. Any purchase over $40.00 before tax.

[quote name='afterburn999']Skate is on sale at my Rogers Video i saw last weekend, it was in the 2 for 30 section.[/quote]
Ooo.
Does anyone know of a deal on skate at anywhere other than rogers?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Hey guys,

Anybody know if there are going to be any Midnight Launches for Madden 09 in Canada?[/quote]

Talk to the guy who said he can get an EA game for 40 bucks, i think he said he could get it a week earlier.

hello again! =) this time i'm looking for deals on "rock band vol. 1" expansion for the wii. anyone know how 2 get it for less than $30?

(oh and i saw the 'online only' deal at best buy yesterday, but that only saved like $3.)

thanks! u guys are awesome.

Has anyone seen any decent deals for Overlord for the 360? I've wanted this since it came out, but I never wanted to pay full price for it - and I just haven't seen it cheap. Anyone have any ideas for where I should start looking?

[quote name='craig64']Has anyone seen any decent deals for Overlord for the 360? I've wanted this since it came out, but I never wanted to pay full price for it - and I just haven't seen it cheap. Anyone have any ideas for where I should start looking?[/quote]

I think I saw it for $32.99 or something odd like that at Blockbuster.. can't remember if it was new or used. I've been playing it recently, it's fun but not as slick as some of the newer AAA titles.

I know tuesday is the release date, but sometimes games ship on that day and aren't in stores until the day after. Hopefully it will be tuesday.

This thread is a testament that Canada should have its own forum, and not just for "hot deals". I don't see the big fuss about using the forum for general questions, etc anyway.

[quote name='turgore2008']since labor day is soon what sales can I expect ?[/quote]

Probably nothing gaming-related. However if you're looking for computers, printers, and school supplies go nuts.

Did you guys get the pre-order armour for Too Human? My EB (Pacific Centre) insists they've never heard of it.

My EBG has not yet received it. If you go into Future Shop they may have it on the sale rack thingy for $1 and then when EBG gets it just take it back to Future Shop and get the dollar back lol.

[quote name='moosebox']$25 for Lego Indy 360 still.[/quote]

I'm wondering if this should be in the trade-in value post? If it does trade in for $25 I should just buy it from Rogers for $29.99 and trade it in before the value drops... actually, I might just do that! (I hope this is the trade in value and this isn't refering to something else!)

hey i was wondering if anyone knew how to get a cheaper version of 'OKAMI' for wii (cheapest i've seen is $40). my friend is looking for it, so any help would be awesome. thanks!

Anyone here able to pick up a copy of Tales of Vesperia CE ?

I heard rumours that the stupid french manuel has delayed this possibly to next week, any truth to this ?

[quote name='afterburn999']Anyone here able to pick up a copy of Tales of Vesperia CE ?

I heard rumours that the stupid french manuel has delayed this possibly to next week, any truth to this ?[/quote]

My EB still doesn't have the CE (they do have the regular edition), I hope it isn't delayed for too long...they never told me a date.

Has anyone received a beta code for pre-ordering SOCOM from EB? The beta starts on September 1, 2008 for those with the pre-order code.

[quote name='Zyzomys']Has anyone received a beta code for pre-ordering SOCOM from EB? The beta starts on September 1, 2008 for those with the pre-order code.[/quote]

I've heard/read the beta codes were supposed to be out this week in Canada. I'm actually going to check later on today. :)

EDIT: Employee said it has it in their system as coming in today (August 28), but nothing was in yet :( However, they should call all those who pre-ordered when they do arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TronB']My EB still doesn't have the CE (they do have the regular edition), I hope it isn't delayed for too long...they never told me a date.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Had no call for preorder pickup yesterday so I went to store but left with nothing in hand. It doesn't seem like it came in today either.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Same here. Had no call for preorder pickup yesterday so I went to store but left with nothing in hand. It doesn't seem like it came in today either.[/quote]

I called my EBgames today and they told me its guaranteed to be there tomarrow around 1. Apparently Corporate sent out an email telling stores it would be in on friday for sure.

I've been desperately trying to get my copy. Called twice on Tuesday and stopped in on my way out of work yesterday and today. It wasn't the French that delayed it. The regular game shipped on time but Namco was retarded and didn't ship the CE at the same time -_-; Metrotown EB sold out of the regular edition by 2:30 yesterday. What a clusterfuck. People in the States are absolutely livid with Amazon.com for taking WAY more orders than there were CEs and then randomly shipping them so those who ordered on the 20th were getting it but those who ordered on the 9th weren't...

EB should have it tomorrow morning.

[quote name='AJD23']I've heard/read the beta codes were supposed to be out this week in Canada. I'm actually going to check later on today. :)

EDIT: Employee said it has it in their system as coming in today (August 28), but nothing was in yet :( However, they should call all those who pre-ordered when they do arrive.[/quote]Did you get your code for the SOCOM Beta? It starts Monday September 1, 2008.

Tales of Vesperia SE was shipped on 29th. I picked up mine's' today. Yeah I got 2 :) This store only received 3 and I snatched 2 of them. Hehe.

Anyway, my question is...

How does BBV pay you for tradeins if I don't spend it righ away? I know they do store credit or giftcard, but do they every pay in cash?

bread's done
Back