Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[quote name='PapaLau']Anybody know if you can use Best Buy Rewardzone Certs towards a preorder?[/QUOTE]

You can't. You can use them when you pick up the preorder but not before.

[quote name='afterburn999']You can't. You can use them when you pick up the preorder but not before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have 30$ expiring in feb and not sure what I'll spend them on by then, had a glimer of hope I could throw them down on ME3. Guess I could always get points cards.

[quote name='PapaLau']Thanks! I have 30$ expiring in feb and not sure what I'll spend them on by then, had a glimer of hope I could throw them down on ME3. Guess I could always get points cards.[/QUOTE]

You can give it a shot but last time i tried they only wanted to charge 10 bucks for the preorder and the rest when you pick up.

Anyone know the best place to get a cheap deal on eneloop batteries? They're supposed to be the best right? I read they work with any regular old NiMH chargers, is that correct? I'm buying this cheap rc helicopter and someone decided it'd be a good idea to require 6 AAs for the remote control, on a plane that lasts 5-8 minutes per charge of it's internal battery.

Kinda answered my own question, Canada Computers has a 4pack of "second generation" AA for $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Anyone know the best place to get a cheap deal on eneloop batteries? They're supposed to be the best right? I read they work with any regular old NiMH chargers, is that correct? I'm buying this cheap rc helicopter and someone decided it'd be a good idea to require 6 AAs for the remote control, on a plane that lasts 5-8 minutes per charge of it's internal battery.

Kinda answered my own question, Canada Computers has a 4pack of "second generation" AA for $15.[/QUOTE]

IF you are willing to wait it out, Shoppers Drug Mart sells "Duraloops" for $6.99-$7.99 quite regularly. This is for a 4-pack, just make sure they have the white tops. If you don't know what "Duraloops" are, they're just the Duracell branded Eneloops.
Alternately, Costco sells Duraloops for $25. They are basically a 6 pack AA + 6 pack AAA, that may suit your RCs needs better (if you have a Costco membership).

[quote name='afterburn999']Have the announced when Zellers will officially become Target ? I have a couple Zellers gift cards i need to use.[/QUOTE]

Zellers isn't becoming Target, just some of the Zellers stores have been sold to Target to come in. Zellers will still exist as its own company, just in less retail spaces than before.

Don't have a membership, do you pay an annual fee or what? Thanks for the info, will wait and keep my eye out for a deal at Shoppers. I have some ancient NiMH batteries that should hopefully last a bit longer.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Anyone know the best place to get a cheap deal on eneloop batteries? They're supposed to be the best right? I read they work with any regular old NiMH chargers, is that correct? I'm buying this cheap rc helicopter and someone decided it'd be a good idea to require 6 AAs for the remote control, on a plane that lasts 5-8 minutes per charge of it's internal battery.

Kinda answered my own question, Canada Computers has a 4pack of "second generation" AA for $15.[/QUOTE]

What about Dell?

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...e_bnrank=5&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

[quote name='retro.elite']Does EB/GS give only store credit on cancelled pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

No. They will return your money if you paid cash and ask for it back.

If you used trade-in credit however, then yes they will only give you store credit on a gift card.

Dooooh! Shoppers had Duraloops for $7.99 Sunday and Monday! 9.99 rest of the week, still a good deal probably. I don't know if they're 2nd generation eneloops though.

So I want to preorder Kid Icarus: Uprising from Best Buy (so I can save $5 xD), but my credit card expires in November of this year. The game comes out in March, but they have it listed as one of those 12/31/2012 releases, and won't let me complete the preorder since my card will expire before the "release date" on their site. Anyone know what I can do in this situation?

I have never done this but I thought I read about someone putting in a fake year for their CC and then updating it when they get the new credit card. Doesn't seem like it'd work but someone said they did it somewhere.

It works. But it might raise a flag, when the card is charged. Put the preorder on a gift card that should work as long it has enough credit.

Hmm guess I'll look into that gift card idea. I wouldn't want to raise flags by changing the expiry date on my card, all over $5. xD

Goomba, I just placed and order for $46.94 (PayPal ID #96K84203RN717015D) but I never received a confirmation receipt from GFC like I usually do. I just want to make sure that the order was received properly.

[quote name='goomba478']J-P, wrong thread :) I'll check it out for you though when I get back to the office later. Thanks![/QUOTE]LOL, yeah I just realized that. Thanks :)

Here are some 3DS price drops:

Ghost Recon: 29.99 (most places)
SSIV: 29.99 (Best Buy, Future Shop, Gamestop)
Pac Man/Galaga: 29.99 (Gamestop)
Lego Star Wars III: 19.99 (should be everywhere)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: 19.99 (Gamestop)
Steel Diver: 19.99 (Best Buy)
Cubic Ninja: 19.99 (Best Buy)
Bust a Move: 19.99 (BB, FS, Gamestop)
Dream Trigger: 14.99 (Best Buy)
Asphalt: 9.99 (Gamestop)

This isn't even all of them.

[quote name='afterburn999']How bout Nintendo first party games like Starfox ?[/QUOTE]

Steel Diver is a Nintendo First Party game. I think it was $9.99 a couple of weeks ago at EB games. I also saw Nintendogs and Cats for $20 and Pliotwings resort for $20.

I have not seen any sales on Starfox yet (or any of Nintendo's bigger first party games like Zelda OoT, Super Mario 3d, Mario kart 7, etc.)

For any future 3DS releases, bestbuy normally offers 5-10$ off when you pre-order in the form of reward zone certificates, which is about 25% off at launch.

Does anyone know how Best Buys trade in system works? Can you only trade in 1 game towards a pre-order with their promos?

Has anyone, or does anyone know if walmart is doing in-store preorders for the Vita First edition bundle? I have no BB or FS nearby, and if I were to order online it would most likely get to me by the actual release date (defeating the purpose of an early release).

Did EB stop loading trade in credits on the EDGE card?
I went to trade in a game last week, and the clerk said they got in trouble with the law for avoiding tax, and that only gift cards are used now.

It was inevitable, as I had experienced preordering two copies of Xenoblade last weekend. Why cover the taxes yourself when EB could charge tax on top of the tiv spent like what Futureshop and BestBuy does and Blockbuster did. This move pretty much makes buying virtual money the best option in terms of getting rid of low value trade ins.

Does anyone know if they sell iTunes cards at EB Games? They don't have em on their website. I have a $30 EB gift card and can't find any use for it since they have the worst prices on new games.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Does anyone know if they sell iTunes cards at EB Games? They don't have em on their website. I have a $30 EB gift card and can't find any use for it since they have the worst prices on new games.[/QUOTE]

I went to EB today, and they had some 10-30$ iTunes cards.

Does anyone know which Final Fantasy I should start with between 7 & 9?

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Does anyone know which Final Fantasy I should start with between 7 & 9?[/QUOTE]

Play 7 first. Then play the one that's actually good, 9. This way you won't be disappointed by going from a great game to a mediocre one. ;)

Seven has historical merit, some good minigames, and some well-written parts.

Nine has a really strong opening and a neat aesthetic.

Both have aged terribly.

Tales of the Abyss is coming out tomorrow, but I want to buy it right away. I have it preordered at EB Games and Amazon.ca as a backup, and now the order says shipping soon, but I've confirmed TotA is already at a store where I can easily pick it up tomorrow as soon as they open.

Since it's shipping soon Amazon won't let me cancel the order, could I just play the copy I buy at EB Games but return my Amazon copy to EB? Or is that considered ethically wrong (of course the Amazon copy will stay sealed and be in new condition).

I don't see anything wrong with that. I returned FFXIII-2 collectors edition to EB that was shipped from FS. EB will ask for photo id when you do a return, just in case the TotA turns out to be a block of clay or something. There is a chance that your amazon package might arrive before your EB opens.

Ok thanks, so I'll go ahead then. I find that with my Amazon orders, I've been receiving them much later in the afternoon, sometimes even close to 6pm. I'd rather just pick up Abyss on the way to school since I doubt it'll arrive before 10am anyway.

I'm looking for an Uncharted 3 limited edition but not looking to pay the 99 price tag.
I found one at a local Source but it was beat up pretty bad and also still at the 99 price point.
Anyone have any leads?
(I'm in Calgary)

Can you select ISPU when making a pre-order at BB.ca? I don't see that option available to me when filling out the pre-order. Online shipments always get to me 2-3 days after release date...

Secondly, is BB's 800 RZ points ($10) the best deal out there on SSX (PS3) without having to trade? Don't think any of the games I have would work for T2+$10 at EB Games.

Thanks.

Edit: Figured I'd put this here since it'd get seen. Also have a 25% off coupon code for your next Origin purchase. If you use Origin, just let me know and I'll PM you the code. Expires March 22-23ish.

No the $5 off on a preorder works only for online orders, no ISPU is available unfortunately.
I just ordered Syndicate on the weekend to get the $5 off, and it got to me two days after release. Slow shipping is the price we pay for getting it for $5 less :whistle2:(

[quote name='Jamaal23']Can you select ISPU when making a pre-order at BB.ca? I don't see that option available to me when filling out the pre-order. Online shipments always get to me 2-3 days after release date...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']No the $5 off on a preorder works only for online orders, no ISPU is available unfortunately.
I just ordered Syndicate on the weekend to get the $5 off, and it got to me two days after release. Slow shipping is the price we pay for getting it for $5 less :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah, SSX is one of the games that gets the 800 RZ points. Guess I'll pre-order online to get the deal and maybe pick up a copy in-store and return the online store copy later.

Hrm, here's a question I can't seem to get straight answer on:

Can we buy direct download content from Amazon in Canada? Has anyone managed it? I seem to remember having to have an American address attached not just to your Amazon account but to your credit card as well?

It's kind of ridiculous, really, seeing that every other PCDD retailer treats NA as one region. But then what do I know about the intricacies of selling digital content across borders?

Is it just me or is ebgames.ca really really bad?

I put the wrong expiry date on my CC and I can't even edit it. I changed it in my account but I cannot update it FOR the order.

Hey, are any of you folks still doing the Live Rewards thing? There was a promotion in January that was supposed to net 800 points for a 12-month Live renewal, which I did, but I can't find any mention of it in my Rewards statement. Are long delays on processing these deals standard?

Anyone know where I can get a new wired 360 controller for $30? Best I can find is on Newegg.ca for $40 with free shipping. Seems like all the deals are for the wireless one, I want wired for playing PC games. The US gets such good prices, Amazon.com has them for $30 but I won't be making a trip to the states any time soon.

bread's done
Back