Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I've never used store pickup at Bestbuy before, can someone confirm for me that I can use my rewardzone certificates when I get there and not be locked into paying with my credit card? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I've never used rewardzone cards but I have, on multiple occasions, used a different debit/credit card than the one I ordered online with (some even under a different name). My money is on the certificates being taken, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I've never used store pickup at Bestbuy before, can someone confirm for me that I can use my rewardzone certificates when I get there and not be locked into paying with my credit card? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can... I've done that exact thing you are describing...
If you do in store pickup your card doesn't get charged at all... I think maybe they just need your card to hold onto the item for you????

They need a valid form of payment on BestBuy.ca before they pass on the order to your store. They don't even need the credit card or any form of ID for the pick-up, as long as you have the email.

Thanks a ton guys. Everything says you need to bring the same credit card and that it will be charged at time of pickup, but I recall hearing that you could pay via other methods so I wanted to be sure. Going to pick up Star Wars original trilogy and redeem the $25 they accidentally sent me.

Maybe I'm being paranoid here... but if I talked to Futureshop support on the phone and had the price adjusted on a game pre-order, how soon should I expect the new price to be reflected in my order status on their site? I thought it would be pretty immediate but now it's been 9 hours (some of those weren't business hours, I don't know if that matters) and it's remained the original price. If it hasn't updated by tomorrow afternoon I think I'll call and make sure they changed it. The guy said he did it.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Maybe I'm being paranoid here... but if I talked to Futureshop support on the phone and had the price adjusted on a game pre-order, how soon should I expect the new price to be reflected in my order status on their site? I thought it would be pretty immediate but now it's been 9 hours (some of those weren't business hours, I don't know if that matters) and it's remained the original price. If it hasn't updated by tomorrow afternoon I think I'll call and make sure they changed it. The guy said he did it.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me once and the price was never reflected online, because for some reason they actually entered it as a partial refund to be processed after the initial charge. It still might be worth calling to double-check, but when I did so in that situation the response suggested that this is the (strange) way they always do it.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']$6 in your price range? If not go for the $5 used option. Not sure about stock though

http://www.gamestop.ca/ps3/unreal-tournament-iii/202904[/QUOTE]

That is what I would like but it is not in stock. :(
Is there another place or a way to get GameStop to stock up?

Also, I am having a problem with GameQuestDirect. I ordered Heavy Rain and a God of War with Controller bundle last month from Amazon.ca (with Amazon as the seller). I got them all a few days later. At the same time, I ordered Mirror's Edge from Amazon.ca (with GameQuestDirect as the seller). The estimated shipping date was August 31-September 8. I paid my bill weeks ago and I am pissed. I still don't have Mirror's Edge. I have contacted them and they said that they can't tell me where it is. It doesn't help that Amazon says that has been in transit this past month. I made an A-z guarantee claim so I don't have to pay shipping. I haven't gotten a reply. I also contacted the seller again. This time, I let them know that I am pissed. Still no reply.

This is the first time I have ordered a game. My parents don't like when I order online because they think that there are too many dishonest people online. They think that I got robbed of my $23 now and don't want me ordering online again. I definitely won't be dealing with stupid GQD again but I still want what I paid for.

Has anyone had a similar problem before? Should I just try to get my money back or do I wait? Will it even come? :cry:

I just got my game but I already filed an A-z guarantee claim. I clicked the "refund me on shipping and I'll keep the game" one. Now I just got a scary email from Amazon. I don't know what they want.

"Hello,

We are writing to confirm that we have processed your refund in the amount of CDN$ 23.65 for your Order (number) from GameQuestDirect.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Mirrors Edge
Quantity: 1
ASIN:
Reason for refund: Account adjustment

Here's a detailed breakdown of your refund:

Item Refund: CDN$ 18.66
Shipping Refund: CDN$ 4.99

Your refund is being credited as follows:

Credit Card: CDN$ 23.65

These amounts will be returned to your payment methods within 10 business days.

Have questions about our refund policy?
Visit our Help section for more information:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=915466

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.ca.

Sincerely,

Amazon.ca Customer Service
http://www.amazon.ca"
I don't know what to do... Am I supposed to return the game? I've already opened it... If I don't give them the game will they accuse me of trying to steal money? What the hell am I supposed to do? :(

Edit: I have a second question. I just noticed Amazon.ca ran out of Dark Souls Collector's Editions. How long does it take for them to stock up? Would it ship on release day because Best Buy ships it on Oct 5- Oct 10 for $13. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
They said estimated shipping date ranged to the 8th, and you were pissed on the 21?? 9 business days, waaaay too impatient. It was coming from the USA too, completely normal. lots of feedback and a professional website

You should contact them or amazon and arrange to repay the money

[quote name='zoro69']They said estimated shipping date ranged to the 8th, and you were pissed on the 21?? 9 business days, waaaay too impatient. It was coming from the USA too, completely normal. lots of feedback and a professional website

You should contact them or amazon and arrange to repay the money[/QUOTE]

I got my other two items on the correct date. I've only started ordering things this summer and everything I've ordered so far has been on schedule. I ordered it on the 20th of last month and got it yesterday. This is the first time I've dealt with something like this so I was worried. I got an email from Amazon quoted in the post above yours. I'm not sure what it means. Please help. :(

The email just says amazon is refunding your money. its not feasible to send one from the usa with tracking so seller cant prove you got it. the right thing to do of course would be to say you got it and repay, or stop them from refunding

items form amazon itself will almost always arrive fast if they are in stock. the marketplace sellers are like ebay, could be located anywhere, could be large business or someone at home. Time from the states can vary huge

[quote name='zoro69']The email just says amazon is refunding your money. its not feasible to send one from the usa with tracking so seller cant prove you got it. the right thing to do of course would be to say you got it and repay, or stop them from refunding

items form amazon itself will almost always arrive fast if they are in stock. the marketplace sellers are like ebay, could be located anywhere, could be large business or someone at home. Time from the states can vary huge[/QUOTE]
Oh. That's interesting... I tried to refund the shipping cost only and they want to give me back all of my money? Well... I guess I could forgive them if they did that. Thanks! :D

amazon has decided they will give you back the money because you claimed you didnt receive it. its like a paypal dispute, the seller has no choice,its just taken from them. as you did receive it you need to pay for it

[quote name='zoro69']amazon has decided they will give you back the money because you claimed you didnt receive it. its like a paypal dispute, the seller has no choice,its just taken from them. as you did receive it you need to pay for it[/QUOTE]

But since it when through the U.S. they can't find out if I received it. So it is all automatic and Amazon will pay for it, end of story. Please tell me that's right. :)

amazon doesn't pay for anything, the seller is out the money. you've defrauded the seller of their game and the money, despite the game arriving within the timeframe that should have been expected with the shipping date ranging to sept 8. would you want someone to do that to you?

[quote name='zoro69']amazon doesn't pay for anything, the seller is out the money. you've defrauded the seller of their game and the money, despite the game arriving within the timeframe that should have been expected with the shipping date ranging to sept 8. would you want someone to do that to you?[/QUOTE]

I think their is a bit of confusion. I ordered the game on August 20. They said it would come between August 31 to Sept 8. I got the game Sept 22. So I think it is fine. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that I made the claim last weekend.

[quote name='ShoryukenII']I think their is a bit of confusion. I ordered the game on August 20. They said it would come between August 31 to Sept 8. I got the game Sept 22. So I think it is fine. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that I made the claim last weekend.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's just immoral. You got your item and you think it's fine not paying for it...

[quote name='ShoryukenII']I think their is a bit of confusion. I ordered the game on August 20. They said it would come between August 31 to Sept 8. I got the game Sept 22. So I think it is fine. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention that I made the claim last weekend.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ever heard of customs? Sometimes they check things, sometimes they don't. It can easily add 2-3 weeks to shipping time. And it's not the fault of the seller in any way shape or form...

Check the postmark on the package. If it shipped out on the 20th or 21st you really should pay the seller back everything.

I think I know the answer to this, but can anyone confirm? If you add a gift card to an online pre-order at Bestbuy or Futureshop, then spend the card in the meantime, when it comes around to filling your order will they just ignore the gift card once they see it's been redeemed and charge the full amount to your credit card? It wouldn't cause any problem with your order would it? One time I spent part of a gift card balance and they just took the remaining amount.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']will they just ignore the gift card once they see it's been redeemed and charge the full amount to your credit card?[/QUOTE]

Unless something has changed in the past couple of months you are correct.

Indeed. Although I've had an instance where a gift card I used on a pre-order was charged right away, and then the balance taken off my credit card at time of shipping, so watch out for that.

Alright, thanks guys. What I did was apply the card to a late November pre-order, and then applied it again to an early Nov. game. I was paranoid if they used the card with the first game then it could possibly screw up the second order when they found the gift card has no value. I was pretty sure it works the way you guys say so I'm confident it'll be fine now.

Does anyone know if it's possible to contact EB Games/Gamestop about specific games? Mega Man Dual pack was cancelled in Canada, and I was told on the Capcom forums that it was because the pack was exclusive to Gamestop (and I was told by EB that there was an email saying it was cancelled by the publisher despite it being released in the US)...but we have Gamestop in Canada, so why aren't they selling it? I can only find email addresses to order questions, website issues, etc.

[quote name='Grandpa Green']Can you return one of your E3 preorders to the store without it messing up the other games in the order?[/QUOTE]

I did no problem. They took 3 weeks to ship my pre-order for God of War collection so as soon as it arrived I returned it. This didn't affect my order or price for Batman AC. Just make sure you print off the receipt before you go into the store.

Hope this helps.

did anyone else pre-order the arkham city steelbook from fs and receive just the regular edition, i don't even see the steelbook on their website anymore

*edit: called fs customer service seems as if no one received the steelbooks and they are just going to be shipping out empty steelbook cases later

I don't really preorder many games...but I think my love for the Uncharted series will warrant one for Uncharted 3. Knowing Canada, preorder bonuses don't really get here that often and I'm extremely jealous of the American GameStop preorders that come with a poster.

Anyway, with that being said, I was just wondering what the best preorder bonuses for Uncharted 3 were and where I should purchase the game.

For example, Best Buy nets you 800 Reward Zone Points ($10) for preordering with the Regen Booster Multiplayer bonus and EB Games has the Creepy Crawlers Kickback Multiplayer bonus...

Also, should I get the collector's edition or should I just wait for it to drop in price? Will this CE be rare in the future, or will there be plenty (Ie, Bioshock 2 Special Edition is now ~$30)

[quote name='Musikal']I don't really preorder many games...but I think my love for the Uncharted series will warrant one for Uncharted 3. Knowing Canada, preorder bonuses don't really get here that often and I'm extremely jealous of the American GameStop preorders that come with a poster.

Anyway, with that being said, I was just wondering what the best preorder bonuses for Uncharted 3 were and where I should purchase the game.

For example, Best Buy nets you 800 Reward Zone Points ($10) for preordering with the Regen Booster Multiplayer bonus and EB Games has the Creepy Crawlers Kickback Multiplayer bonus...

Also, should I get the collector's edition or should I just wait for it to drop in price? Will this CE be rare in the future, or will there be plenty (Ie, Bioshock 2 Special Edition is now ~$30)[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure who has the best bonus, but in my experience Canada nearly always gets the same bonuses as the US. The stuff we don't get is usually related to promotions with other companies like the Subway thing with Uncharted 3 or there was one for Need for Speed and a soft drink.

I think this might've been mentioned someone on CAG, but I can't find the exact area for the life of me so I'll post in here. It might've been Sold-Snake-Eyes that mentioned it, actually!

Has anyone noticed a large increase in RZ points lately? I've looked at my account and viewed some recent purchases, and there's no way I bought anything they are listing. There's like a a DSLR, two 42" TV's, a laptop, pretty much nothing that I actually ordered. I wanted to call in and ask if the points will be added for some purchases in September, but I don't want them catching all those extra points awarded!

I've never heard of someone being awarded for items they never purchased. I did mention getting points a second time for things I had actually purchased a long time ago and then phoned in to receive the points that should have been awarded to me but weren't cause their system is broken. So I got double points on a few items, about $15 worth.

[quote name='game_fanatic']I think this might've been mentioned someone on CAG, but I can't find the exact area for the life of me so I'll post in here. It might've been Sold-Snake-Eyes that mentioned it, actually!

Has anyone noticed a large increase in RZ points lately? I've looked at my account and viewed some recent purchases, and there's no way I bought anything they are listing. There's like a a DSLR, two 42" TV's, a laptop, pretty much nothing that I actually ordered. I wanted to call in and ask if the points will be added for some purchases in September, but I don't want them catching all those extra points awarded![/QUOTE]

Could someone else have one of your RZ account cards? Maybe they're using it when purchasing things. Or its a mistake on their part, maybe someone else's purchases are being credited to you by accident. Worst case, if you have a RZ credit card, then your account is being used by someone to buy a lot of stuff. Hopefully not the latter.

There was one time that I wasn't getting points for in-store purchases, I eventually called the support number and they somehow had my card associated with someone else's account. They manually applied the points I was entitled to, and I guess removed the mistake.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Could someone else have one of your RZ account cards? Maybe they're using it when purchasing things. Or its a mistake on their part, maybe someone else's purchases are being credited to you by accident. Worst case, if you have a RZ credit card, then your account is being used by someone to buy a lot of stuff. Hopefully not the latter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah those two options are the only real things I can think of. There's no suspicious activity on any of my or my parents' credit cards, so I'm unsure how to approach the situation. Given that there's no real negative I might just leave it as is.

Also, does anyone know when pending points are actually supposed to appear? I made a large order about a month ago, back when Thor and X-Men were released, and none of the points for that transaction have appeared it. I'm thinking it's because I have some items that have not shipped yet, i.e. MW3.

The points aren't given til the item ships, and I've found that if you order something far enough in advance that when they give you the points they date them way back when you ordered and it never shows up on your 90 day history or however far back they show you. You kind of have to monitor the total points to know if anything was added or not. If you ordered online they have a real problem with not automatically giving you points and you have to email or call in to get your points.

Bought a used game at EB Games that isn't working. I know they'll give me another one if they have some in stock, but what happens if they don't? Do they give me back my money?

[quote name='Hyunkel']Bought a used game at EB Games that isn't working. I know they'll give me another one if they have some in stock, but what happens if they don't? Do they give me back my money?[/QUOTE]

That happened to me in the past, and I was given store credit.

Looks like Best Buy awarded me some more RZ points out of nowhere, at least that's all I can tell. 1849 points, strange amount. Last time I looked there were no pending points. Daddy likes.

They also emailed me that you get double points on all video games now.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Looks like Best Buy awarded me some more RZ points out of nowhere, at least that's all I can tell. 1849 points, strange amount. Last time I looked there were no pending points. Daddy likes.

They also emailed me that you get double points on all video games now.[/QUOTE]
That happened to me before. They gave me 1000 bonus out of nowhere.

[quote name='ZeusHammer3']Noob question:

Does EBgames put a sticker that seals the case when you buy a used game??[/QUOTE]
They do put a sticker that "seals" the case when you buy used. It's like the stickers when you buy some hardware.

[quote name='Shinn23']That happened to me before. They gave me 1000 bonus out of nowhere.

They do put a sticker that "seals" the case when you buy used. It's like the stickers when you buy some hardware.[/QUOTE]
Me too, and now it's happening again. :bouncy:

I wish they would, cause they just sent me another $25 worth of certificates that I didn't earn! I have to find something to spend it on that I wasn't planning to buy cause I do all my game pre-orders online.

bread's done
Back