Capcom - Wondrous Third Party Game Developer Or Sir-Milks-A-Lot?

i dunno about Capcom these days... Capcom Fighting Evolution had basically nothing to offer besides 5 new characters. I swear they have 2 departments... one for originality, and one for exploitation. i mean, almost all their titles have to go up to number 3. Devil May Cry, Onimusha, Street Fighter, these games stop then, and then they come up with games like Monster Hunter, Crimson Tears, Shadows of Rome, and The Nightmare Before Christmas. so really, they're only halfway milkers, but still a great and respectable 3rd party company.

Yes, I do buy Capcom games regularly. I don't care if they continue to milk series, because most of them are my favorite, and I'd gladly like to buy every one. Capcom milks most of my favorite series, but I badly want a Breath of Fire VI right now for PS2.

Capcom used to be a powerhouse, but lately the quality has definately tapered off. Granted, the Japanese gaming industry as a whole has been going through hard times, but you could argue it's because of milking franchises that they wound up in this situation. It's not just sequelitis that's their problem either though, they put out endless amounts of mediocre titles like chaos legion and pn03.

bread's done
Back