Capcom's nefarious plan to kill Mega Man revealed!

JasonTerminator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/08/15/new-mega-man-game-rockman-x-cross-over-announced-for-ios/

Well, to all of you who have been wondering about what’s next for Mega Man games, here is perhaps the answer. Capcom has announced “Rockman Xover” (cross over), a social RPG, for iOS 4.0 and above. Few details are available so far, but the game promises to being together the heroes and villains across each Mega Man series. The story goes as follows:
It’s a world where all the worlds of Rockman have crossed over. The gulf of space-time has been closed thanks to the efforts of Dr. Wily, Sigma and other villains to Rockman and co.! Dr Light and Dr. Cossack work together in creating a new robot to oppose this crisis. A production model, this robot uses “battle memory” that has been scattered over the world, and possesses infinite potential to transform and increase his power. The player battles evil as this new type robot. Create your own Rockman, and battle with others to protect peace!
To speak on iOS compatibility, it will run on iPhone 3GS/4/4S, and iPod Touch models beyond generation 3. It is playable on iPad, but the game is not designed for the iPad’s resolution (probably meaning it will be pixelated on the iPad, like Mega Man X originally was).
The game will release in Japan Autumn of this year. Other details, such as the price and how the game plays, are yet to be heard. We’ll keep you posted!

With this release, Capcom can point to this whenever us MM fans complain about the lack of games, and when this fails really, really hard, they'll point to it to show the "lack of interest" in the MM franchise.

So, yeah. fuck Capcom.

They are releasing a game to a very fast growing new market. How is this a bad thing? If it fails on that then they wont do it again. They wont kill off a money making franchise because iPad users dont like it.

Eh, MM has been dead to me long before they killed off the franchise. Somewhere around the SNES days I just stopped playing them, even though I'm sure a lot of them afterward were stellar. I think after x2 or x3 I just got bored doing the same thing in each game. In fact, now I remember the last game I played was Adventures of Tron Bonne on PS lol. Only reason I checked it out was because it was something completely different. Awesome game too from what I remember.

While I'm not a huge fan of the MM games, I do have some fond memories of past games(SNES and prior) and how many there were. Now it seems that the series is straying far from it's roots with this kind of crap, even the Legends games were pretty bad, but they were fun and I've seen that a large part of the fanbase are wanting MML3. WTF Capcom?

I love Mega Man... This one looks like poo. :cry:

... I have no idea why Capcom decided to cancel Mega Man Universe and Mega Man Legends 3.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I love Mega Man... This one looks like poo. :cry:

... I have no idea why Capcom decided to cancel Mega Man Universe and Mega Man Legends 3.[/QUOTE]

Cause Keiji Inafune left,which was the only reason those games were being made.

You all know they're just trolling at this point, right? It's really quite obvious when you consider they're billing it as the 25th Anniversary game. A fucking iPhone social game is the 25th Anniversary game of a classic 2D action series? Yep, trolling.

[quote name='themaster20000']Cause Keiji Inafune left,which was the only reason those games were being made.[/QUOTE]
Capcom won't even let him work on the games. Granted hes with another company but lately capcom has let anybody work on their market franchises and then they bomb horribly.

Oh you mean like how DMC likely will GUNNM?

I don't hate Conspiracy Theory but that design looks shitty. I especially hate that stupid rave part. The boss and that b&w mode are the only things that look cool in it.

It's sad what happened to the franchise, but IMO the parts of it that I liked took sharp dips in quality well before they "ended." Mega Man X1-3 and MMBN1-3 were the best of their individual series. Still, I'd love to see someone good get a chance to make them shine again, like what Retro studios has done with some Nintendo IPs.

Also, I'm still irritated that Capcom never allowed X to be in any decent but flashy fighters.

Edit: Also, if anything is being missed by me, it's the fantastic music that the franchise brought with it, as well as the subsequent high quality fan remixes, the likes of which I still listen to today.

[quote name='ID2006']It's sad what happened to the franchise, but IMO the parts of it that I liked took sharp dips in quality well before they "ended." Mega Man X1-3 and MMBN1-3 were the best of their individual series. Still, I'd love to see someone good get a chance to make them shine again, like what Retro studios has done with some Nintendo IPs.[/QUOTE]

X4 is way better than X2 and X3.

X4 was really fun because you got to play as zero. After that was meh.

X1 is so fucking fun I play the iphone version and still have fun with it.

[quote name='themaster20000']X4 and X5 were really good.The series went downhill with that disaster X6.[/QUOTE]

X8 was great. Hard as hell but a good challenge.

I'll never get rid of my MM Collection discs. I still fire up MM2 every now and then.

Xover looks like garbage. fuck you Capcom.

[quote name='themaster20000']X4 and X5 were really good.The series went downhill with that disaster X6.[/QUOTE]

I thought X4 and X6 were the good ones and that X5 and X7 were the crap-fests when I played through them.

Dunno why everyone slags X6 over X5, they added ducking, the Z-Sabre and some rocking tunes that I felt were sorely lacking from X5. Even though the series was getting long in the tooth at that time. I felt it was a nice ending to the PS1 games and I looked forward to the future of the X titles to be rewarded with X7 :drool:, Command Mission :D, and finally X8 ;)

X6 had some issues, like collecting companions which got a little frustrating after awhile and some stages took forever to get through (the trash compactor) but overall I think it is a quality addition to the series.

X5 was the one where the bosses were named after the Guns n Roses. Axel the Rose, Duff McWhalen, Grizzly Slash. I thought that was kinda cool.

I enjoyed both X5 & X6. Niether as good as X4 but still fun IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole thing almost makes me wish Capcom would go out of business so another company could pick up the rights to Mega Man in the liquidation. Then again, knowing those fuckers they'd probably set up another company just to transfer and hold the rights to Mega Man into perpetuity...

[quote name='GUNNM']^Keiji wants to take over the MM franchise capcom said no.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think I remember hearing about that after all that Mega Man Legends 3 stuff went down. Ugh, they don't want to put any decent resources into developing a game for Mega Man but they consider it enough of an asset to keep it in their portfolio. It's just plain annoying.

bread's done
Back