Captain America: Super Soldier XBox 360 $37.49 at Amazon

[quote name='jollydwarf']And on a sidenote to the sidenote, I'll also be interested to see what the 'core community' reaction to The Dark Knight Rises will be next Summer, leading up to its release. I'll bet the old 'Man, Heath shoulda been in this' resentments will bubble back up to the surface. Nolan won't be able to win with some people on that. Their loss.

Also wondering if we might get a couple quality games out of the final (?) Nolan Batman movie, as well as The Avengers.* No reason to think we should, except that those are two very different, but incredible opportunities to do something fun with the gameplay mechanics.

*--No quicktime events, unless they're Black Widow facesitting maneuvers, okay? Yeah, I'm pathetic.[/QUOTE]
I expect an Avengers game to be announced and that it will be an adventure RPG kind of like MUA or X-Men Legends.

I'm hoping for a Dark Knight Rising game, but I doubt it. I really loved the Batman Begins game.

[quote name='jollydwarf']

2.) When did Iron Man 2 become such a 'shitty' movie? Nerd/Internet sociology often fascinates me like watching a disgusting time-lapse carcass decomposition.
[/QUOTE]

Compare it to the first one, nuff said. Plus, worse and lamest boss fight ever in a movie. It was nothing but a joke. I wasted a good 40 dollars on IMAX to see that trash. Wish I never did.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I expect an Avengers game to be announced and that it will be an adventure RPG kind of like MUA or X-Men Legends.

I'm hoping for a Dark Knight Rising game, but I doubt it. I really loved the Batman Begins game.[/QUOTE]

Only way a RPG type like MUA/Legends game can happen with the Avengers if Raven Software is behind it and I don't see that happening. And if I did see that happen, I rather much see it not related to the movie at all.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']I don't get the criticism either. X-Men First Class is essentially a Magneto Movie. If you'd have told me a year ago that they'd make a movie about Magneto I'd have laughed it off as I did the rumor that this X-Men movie was going to feature Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan made young via CGI (thank God that turned out to be false or someone pulled their head out of their arse). Oh, and the only thing dissapointing about Iron Man 2 was the villain -- yet another crazed dude in a beefed up suit of power armor going on a rampage that Iron Man must stop.

As for the Captain America game, it looks like Batman AA ... but something seems to be missing. I've watched most of the preview videos and I can't place my finger on it, but it seems like Diet Pepsi to Batman AA's Coke.[/QUOTE]

You do realize, that the majority of Iron Man's primary enemies had "beefed up suits of power armor" right? Other than the Mandarin who they are obviously saving.

[quote name='stripwhite']I'm with you. Thor was an overrated piece of crap and Green Lantern looks bad. Captain America is the one I'm looking forward to.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more! I couldn't believe how lame Thor was...

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Only way a RPG type like MUA/Legends game can happen with the Avengers if Raven Software is behind it and I don't see that happening. And if I did see that happen, I rather much see it not related to the movie at all.[/QUOTE]
I really didn't think MUA2 was that bad. With the exception of the horrible glitches I liked it.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Compare it to the first one, nuff said. Plus, worse and lamest boss fight ever in a movie. It was nothing but a joke. I wasted a good 40 dollars on IMAX to see that trash. Wish I never did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really don't see how anyone could watch Iron Man 2 and not realize how completely horrible the boss fight was. It was over in like, less than a minute. They spent more time fighting the drones. Completely anticlimactic.

Not to mention the film's pacing problems, Black Widow's out-of-placeness/lack of development, and the fact that Tony solves his health problems with virtually no logic or explanation to the viewer. I mean, I don't hate the movie, but it's riddled with big problems.
Oh yeah, and Pepper is really annoying in part 2 also.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I really didn't think MUA2 was that bad. With the exception of the horrible glitches I liked it.[/QUOTE]

MUA2 was alright but wasn't as good as the first one and Legends. It wasn't developed by Raven Software. I think that and Wolverine Origins came out the same time but I could be wrong. I know Raven was def. behind Wolverine which was the reason the game was extremely good.

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, I really don't see how anyone could watch Iron Man 2 and not realize how completely horrible the boss fight was. It was over in like, less than a minute. They spent more time fighting the drones. Completely anticlimactic.

Not to mention the film's pacing problems, Black Widow's out-of-placeness/lack of development, and the fact that Tony solves his health problems with virtually no logic or explanation to the viewer. I mean, I don't hate the movie, but it's riddled with big problems.
Oh yeah, and Pepper is really annoying in part 2 also.[/QUOTE]

To me, it felt like it suffered the Spider-Man 3 syndrome. Don't forget out the part out of no where, James Rhodes knew how to control the suit like he was some sort of genius. Movie was too silly and there were a lot of unnecessary scenes. Especially replacing his alcoholism with oil? WHAT THE FAWK? I know it's a PG-13 movie but come on, I don't think alcoholism can rate the movie with a R rating. Only realistic and true fans can see these things and understand it in a perspective. People come in and say OH IT WASN'T THAT BAD, listen mother fucker, seems like you don't know much about comics in general lol. I can go into detail with X-Men First Class but I won't.

I saw that Gamestop has an Ultimate WW2 Captain America skin as a pre-order bonus.

I'm surprised because neither Thor or GL had anything.....I wonder if any other stores will have another bonus.

I am really looking forward to the movie, Captain America is a neat character.

I played Captain America on PS3 at E3. A typical Sega license game = terrible.

Too many good games to play to waste time and money on this one.

[quote name='GreenSpark'] There hasn't been a bad Marvel movie made yet, people are so hard to please. [/QUOTE]
More like you're easily impressed. Spiderman 3 was garbage (Sandman with 5 minutes of Venom at the end?), X-Men 3, Punisher, Hulk directed by Ang Lee, I could go on.

I have no doubt this game will be sub par at it's best but seriously, IGN is the last website I would trust enough to cancel my preorder on.

The only people dumber than the reviewers on that site are the people dumb enough to base their buying tendencies on what they have to say.

Yeah, I saw the IGN review and the Eurogamer review (both 5.0 reviews) and Im still getting it. The gameplay is stripped from Batman Arkham Asylum (which I love) and the platforming "holds your hand and is brain dead easy like Prince of Persia 2008 (which I also loved, platformy platformers are my gaming kryptonite for some reason). And it features a cool looking Captain America beating up enemies and is on Amazon.com with release date delivery under $40 bucks.

Im game. :)

[quote name='exileinoblivion']The only people dumber than the reviewers on that site are the people dumb enough to base their buying tendencies on what they have to say.[/QUOTE]
And the only people dumber than that are the ones that post biased garbage like this without backing it up. Why do you consider it dumb to base buying tendencies on the number one review site in the US? Even if a single 5.0 isn't enough for you, what about the 5 from Eurogamer? Or are they just as "dumb"?

Preorder canceled.

[quote name='kevgret']Looks like IGN is first in with a review.. 5.0

Go Cancel your orders while you still can and pick it up for $9.99-14.99 in a few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHU_TnJqes[/QUOTE]

Like I said, great character, probably a good movie. Terrible game.

In contrast to the review, I felt the graphics were ok, not stand out but not bad. However the animations suck. Level layout is bland and boss battles lame and unfair. This is ok for button mashing but sadly lack any pacing and drama. The boss fights make Captain America feel like a wimp, as the bosses are lame and unimpressive. Maybe worth $10 at clearance..

I hope the move is better.

Sadly, like all IGN review's, "if the game is licensed and has terrible game play", then they automatically say the graphics are bad too.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I have no doubt this game will be sub par at it's best but seriously, IGN is the last website I would trust enough to cancel my preorder on.

The only people dumber than the reviewers on that site are the people dumb enough to base their buying tendencies on what they have to say.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, IGN uses retarded monkey's for reviewers.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I have no doubt this game will be sub par at it's best but seriously, IGN is the last website I would trust enough to cancel my preorder on.

The only people dumber than the reviewers on that site are the people dumb enough to base their buying tendencies on what they have to say.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, IGN uses retarded monkey's for reviewers.

After seeing the trailer one has to ask...WHY WHY WHY! It should be easy to make a good game fighting Nazi's! Yet, this one fails.

The new movie trailer looks great.

I will perhaps pick this game up when I can nab it for less than $10.

I however did just sketch out a cool Red Skull picture in anticipation for the movie and figured I would throw it up here!

RedSkullSketch.jpg

IGN is the only big site I look at for reviews. Gamespot is horrible because they always give higher or lower than everyone else just because.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']More like you're easily impressed. Spiderman 3 was garbage (Sandman with 5 minutes of Venom at the end?), X-Men 3, Punisher, Hulk directed by Ang Lee, I could go on.[/QUOTE]

Those weren't made by Marvel Studios.

It's a movie game made by Sega. Nuff said.

If you're paying this price for it, pls don't whine when it's on sale for $20 in Sept when the good stuff starts coming.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I will perhaps pick this game up when I can nab it for less than $10.

I however did just sketch out a cool Red Skull picture in anticipation for the movie and figured I would throw it up here!

RedSkullSketch.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sick!

[quote name='kevgret']
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHU_TnJqes[/QUOTE]

The whole time he was bashing the game I was thinking "That looks fun... oh there's shooting in it too...graphics look nice..."

I don't plan on buying it, but it was weird how big of a contrast there was between what the reviewer was saying and what I was thinking seeing the game in action.

It's a shame that the game isn't just unabashedly awesome, but anyone who was already excited for the game and had realistic expectations shouldn't be dissuaded. Despite the big 5.0 and some whining about trashing art pieces (who cares?), it still looks fun and easy to me.

My take on the Marvel films:

Really good: Spidey 1&2, X-men 1&2, Iron Man, Blade

So-So: Thor, 1st Punisher w/ Dolph, Elektra, Wolvie, 2nd Hulk, X-men 1st Class

Horse turds: 1st Hulk (BORING!!!), Punisher w/ T Jane, Daredevil, F4 (all), Iron Man 2, X-men 3, Spidey 3, Capt. America (90's one), Ghost Rider is easily the worst of the bunch.

Will wait for reviews on Cap.

Well, X-Men Origins: Wolverine wasn't good enough to make my collection, but it was worth a rent. This game looks to be on the very same level. Satisfying combat, but that's it. So I guess I'll give it a rent.

I'm sick of movie licensed games, though. It's fucking stupid to make the characters look like dressed up actors. What's the point of that shit? Make them look like the actual characters, that's the point of dressing up the actor in the first place. I don't want to play as an actor in a movie, I want to be fucking Captain America.

Horse turds: 1st Hulk (BORING!!!), Punisher w/ T Jane, Daredevil, F4 (all), Iron Man 2, X-men 3, Spidey 3, Capt. America (90's one), Ghost Rider is easily the worst of the bunch.

Don't entirely disagree with you, though I liked THOR and DAREDEVIL a lot more than you did.

Personally I'd come up with a 4th level, b/c SPIDEY 3 even with all the hate it receives from fans (I don't think it's that bad myself) is infinitely better than the '90s Captain America, the Dolph Lundgren Punisher and Ghost Rider.

[quote name='ShockandAww']And the only people dumber than that are the ones that post biased garbage like this without backing it up. Why do you consider it dumb to base buying tendencies on the number one review site in the US? Even if a single 5.0 isn't enough for you, what about the 5 from Eurogamer? Or are they just as "dumb"?

Preorder canceled.[/QUOTE]

Just because Walmart is the number #1 retail store in America doesn't mean I'm going to shop there and not expect to get shit. Frankly anyone that bases their buying power solely off reviews is an idiot. Try it out and form your own opinion of it. I've played and enjoyed plenty of games that the high and mighty IGN has rated lower.

And I'll note this again, I'm not saying this game is going to be good but basing a preorder cancellation on IGN is just stupid.

[quote name='AugustAPC']

I'm sick of movie licensed games, though. It's fucking stupid to make the characters look like dressed up actors. What's the point of that shit? Make them look like the actual characters, that's the point of dressing up the actor in the first place. I don't want to play as an actor in a movie, I want to be fucking Captain America.[/QUOTE]

This. Most movie games are crap because they get rushed compared to the normal games that go through their standard development cycle (i.e. Transformers: Dark Moon = fail).

Glad to see a review of this before it came out. Preorder is canceled. Sucks that it sounds like all the other Sega superhero games, I was really excited for this.

[quote name='destro4eva']My take on the Marvel films:

Will wait for reviews on Cap.[/QUOTE]

I think I'd have to disagree on your opinion of the Thomas Jane Punisher. Otherwise, carry on.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Don't entirely disagree with you, though I liked THOR and DAREDEVIL a lot more than you did.

Personally I'd come up with a 4th level, b/c SPIDEY 3 even with all the hate it receives from fans (I don't think it's that bad myself) is infinitely better than the '90s Captain America, the Dolph Lundgren Punisher and Ghost Rider.[/QUOTE]

What system did the Daredevil game your talking about come out on? I thought they canceled the PS2 version. So which system?

[quote name='Backlash2332x']I think I'd have to disagree on your opinion of the Thomas Jane Punisher. Otherwise, carry on.[/QUOTE]

yeah i also liked that movie

[quote name='dopehat']The extended edition of it was better imo.[/QUOTE]

huh never seen that guess ill be checking that out

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']What system did the Daredevil game your talking about come out on? I thought they canceled the PS2 version. So which system?[/QUOTE]

It didn't. They're talking about the movies.

[quote name='dopehat']The extended edition of it was better imo.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it either. Gonna have to dig up a copy of that and check it out.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Just because Walmart is the number #1 retail store in America doesn't mean I'm going to shop there and not expect to get shit. Frankly anyone that bases their buying power solely off reviews is an idiot. Try it out and form your own opinion of it. I've played and enjoyed plenty of games that the high and mighty IGN has rated lower.

And I'll note this again, I'm not saying this game is going to be good but basing a preorder cancellation on IGN is just stupid.[/QUOTE]
If you literally mean solely off reviews then sure I agree with you and that's the end of it. I'm not going to go buy Madden or most fighting games no matter how positive reviews are; they just don't interest me (with some exceptions).

However when looking at a title that may interest me I will almost always look at reviews. For example a game like Deus Ex...it sounds very interesting to me, but if the execution is seriously flawed somehow I'll avoid the game altogether. I'll base my final decision off of reviews.

The same will go for Dead Island. It looks and sounds like something I'd enjoy a lot. However if it gets say 70 or below on metacritic I'd definitely stop and read through reviews to see what went wrong and probably decide to either wait for a good price drop or avoid it altogether.

Then there are some games (sequels) that I will buy just because they interest me and I enjoyed the last one. For example Batman, Uncharted, Skyrim etc I will buy regardless. Saints Row I've never played but SR3 looks ridiculously fun so I've already paid off a preorder for it.

So bottom line is yes it would be silly to go only off reviews and nothing else but they're definitely a big factor for me and I don't think that's dumb in any way. I value my time and money too much to waste it on crap games when there are plenty of good/great games.

bread's done
Back