Captain America: The Winter Soldier Steelbook $24.99 @ Best Buy

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know some others here have had their eye on this one. Winter Soldier Steelbook (Best Buy Exclusive) is now $24.99 ($5.00 off) and available for pre-order for in-store pick up. These things sell fast and if you tried to get a copy of the Thor: The Dark World one you know how difficult they can be to find release day.

BestBuy.com was giving me a lot of trouble today (cart wouldn't load). If you have the same issue try checking out at m.bestbuy.com instead.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=3261951&type=product&skuId=7750005&st=winter+soldier+steelbook&cp=1&lp=1

Also of note:

It's worth noting that next week, Best Buy has a promo where if you buy Captain America: TWS + a $14.99+ TV show, you get $10 off Captain America: TWS.

This will probably be stackable with the 'buy 3 TV seasons, get 25% off' promo, which is continuing next week.
Don't forget Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 comes out Tuesday as well (Target has it for $39.99 on Blu, Best Buy appears to have it for $44.99 barring any sales release week). May be possible to pre-order the Steelbook to reserve your copy, cancel in store pick up once in the store and then get it with Agents, with price match to Target for a grand total of about $55. At current Best Buy prices it would be ~$60). YMMV on a couple of factors of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can't charge more since the order is finalized and there is no money left on that gift card. I could have been a dick according to you by price matching Walmart's or Target's 3D price for the Best Buy's steelbook. I wish someone would leak next week's Best Buy ad so I could see price of The Big Bang Theory Season 7. Best Buy raised the price of some TV Shows by $8 because of this promo. In past Best Buy has screwed me before by not doing a price adjustment when they lowered the price within 2 weeks on an item because it was part of a bundle.
Regardless of how you deciced to "get around it", it's still a dick move.

[quote name="shrike4242" post="12082494" timestamp="1410367267"]Regardless of how you deciced to "get around it", it's still a dick move.[/quote]
Fyi next weeks Best Buy ad is on blu-ray.com. I don't plan on doing the same thing next week with Godzilla. I wish that Best Buy would change it from $14.99 and up TV Show to $14.99 and up TV Show or movie for future promotions like this.

Fyi next weeks Best Buy ad is on blu-ray.com. I don't plan on doing the same thing next week with Godzilla. I wish that Best Buy would change it from $14.99 and up TV Show to $14.99 and up TV Show or movie for future promotions like this.
They won't. If you think they should, go on their forums and suggest the idea.

They can't charge more since the order is finalized and there is no money left on that gift card. I could have been a dick according to you by price matching Walmart's or Target's 3D price for the Best Buy's steelbook. I wish someone would leak next week's Best Buy ad so I could see price of The Big Bang Theory Season 7. Best Buy raised the price of some TV Shows by $8 because of this promo. In past Best Buy has screwed me before by not doing a price adjustment when they lowered the price within 2 weeks on an item because it was part of a bundle.
They may not be able to charge you more but they might ban your account if enough people did this and they decide to take action.

Anyway, was very surprised to find several steelbooks still in store last night at like 8pm so just bought that and agents, used a movers coupon to make Agents a bit cheaper and was happy. I totally misread the Agents price at Target and thought it was the Blu-Ray, don't want it on DVD.

If anyone in the Minneapolis area is still looking for steelbooks the MOA Best Buy still have a handful at closing last night. Can't guarantee they are still there but since locals avoid the mall as much as they can and it is the off season for MOA there is a chance.

If you go to blu-ray.com forums you will see other people posting that they got Best Buy to price match Target and Walmart price for the steelbook. What about the people pricing match the TV Show. Best Buy could have/did price some TV Shows higher because of this promotion. I have price matched Best Buy exclusives before with The Store Manager approving it and guess what the cashier and manager are still there months later. They have Express Laned movies in store before because 1888 bestbuy refused to price match because bestbuy.com didn't have The Low Price Guarantee logo on that movie that was online only.
You JUST said you did this over the phone.... not in store. Don't change your story now.

And yeah, there will always be someone sleeping with the manager or something in exchange for big discounts and iffy price matches. But any employee/manager who even remotely understands what they are doing wouldn't give it to you for the steelbook for Target's price. Not if they were interested in coming back to work tomorrow.

That's all irrelevant anyways. You shouldn't be going out of your way to screw up this promotion, that's all everyone is saying.

Last edited:
Well, there are cheapies here and swindlers, and I think we all know which one that guy goes under. I'm cheap but ever since I came to this site what some of you guys will do to literally save a couple of bucks amazes me lol. Whether it's harassing management or some poor soul over the telephone or giving attitude to a cashier who doesn't deserve it, just not me.

I just wanted to add, I really like the look of this steelbook. Also, the slip cover for Agents of SHIELD is pretty awesome. Actually kind of wish the actual cover matched as the actual cover just looks like a generic crime TV show.

I just wanted to add, I really like the look of this steelbook. Also, the slip cover for Agents of SHIELD is pretty awesome. Actually kind of wish the actual cover matched as the actual cover just looks like a generic crime TV show.
Did SHIELD come with a DMR or digital copy? Or do ABC shows not do that?

[quote name="rcerboss" post="12084632" timestamp="1410439450"]You JUST said you did this over the phone.... not in store. Don't change your story now.

And yeah, there will always be someone sleeping with the manager or something in exchange for big discounts and iffy price matches. But any employee/manager who even remotely understands what they are doing wouldn't give it to you for the steelbook for Target's price. Not if they were interested in coming back to work tomorrow.

That's all irrelevant anyways. You shouldn't be going out of your way to screw up this promotion, that's all everyone is saying.[/quote]
I am NOT changing my story. I was stating with a different movie I got Best Buy in store to price match Toysrus to Best Buy's exclusive edition of the movie. Also if they denied me I would simply get the regular edition of the movie without a word said to the cashier or manager and not mention it on the survey when I give them a good score. I always take the survey and answer the question the way corperate wants the stores to act/offer the Best Buy credit card. Since I work retail myself I know good surveys keep you off your district managers bad list and sometimes get you bonuses.

No digital copy. I actually have only ever purchased one "TV Show" that had a digital copy and that was BBC's Africa. Definitely not as common as it is with movies.
It's common with any new/recent show that is produced by Warner Bros. (since they own UV) I know recently, Breaking Bad, Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest, and Arrow to name a few all included UV copies. (obviously since this is Disney I would not expect UV, more like their movies) But surprised no DMR at all.

No digital copy. I actually have only ever purchased one "TV Show" that had a digital copy and that was BBC's Africa. Definitely not as common as it is with movies.
There have been a number of TV shows that come with digital copies. From what I own, this comes to mind off-hand:

Walking Dead S4

Game of Thrones S1 (re-release), S2, S3 (plus S4 when it releases)

Boardwalk Empire S3

Plus others, just to name a couple more:

Dexter S7

Breaking Bad Complete Series

Well, there are cheapies here and swindlers, and I think we all know which one that guy goes under. I'm cheap but ever since I came to this site what some of you guys will do to literally save a couple of bucks amazes me lol. Whether it's harassing management or some poor soul over the telephone or giving attitude to a cashier who doesn't deserve it, just not me.
Agreed. We know where this person should be filed under.

I am NOT changing my story. I was stating with a different movie I got Best Buy in store to price match Toysrus to Best Buy's exclusive edition of the movie. Also if they denied me I would simply get the regular edition of the movie without a word said to the cashier or manager and not mention it on the survey when I give them a good score. I always take the survey and answer the question the way corperate wants the stores to act/offer the Best Buy credit card. Since I work retail myself I know good surveys keep you off your district managers bad list and sometimes get you bonuses.
Sounds like you did change your story. Good to know you're shifty as well as sneaky.

Yeah, most of AoS' promo pics were generic looking garbage. I reversed the cover on the AoS blu-ray since I like the inside art a little more.

Ended up getting a good deal.

Got the steelbook, Agents of SHIELD as well as Community S5 and Once Upon a Time S3.  I missed out on the initial releases of Community and Once Upon a Time, so I don't know how much they were, but I'm glad I was able to get a bulk discount for everything I got.

Only catch was waiting for Best Buy's slow shipping.  Amazon Prime has spoiled me.

[quote name="thelaughingmann" post="12090781" timestamp="1410618779"]Has anyone had any luck getting PM on the Steelbook of CA2 for $18 from Amazon?[/quote]
Some people have got Best Buy to pm Target $19.99 price for the 3D. The steelbook includes 3D, 2D Blu-rays NO DVD, and DMR/Digitil copy codr. Good luck finding a steelbook in store. If you do I would look at the condition carefully as they maybe online returns.

Looks like its sold out online and in stores too here in buffalo ny

Yep, i was thrilled to get the digital copy of Breaking Bad when I bought the complete series and each season of Game of Thrones.  Was not expecting those at all!  

I nabbed two extras for trade; looking for Thor: The Dark World - Best Buy exclusive Steelbook [new/factorysealed].

like for like trade, PM me.

I nabbed two extras for trade; looking for Thor: The Dark World - Best Buy exclusive Steelbook [new/factorysealed].

like for like trade, PM me.
LoL, one item has a monetary value at least $20 above the other. This is why people don't barter anymore. Somebody is always getting screwed.

bread's done
Back