Captain America: The Winter Soldier Steelbook $24.99 @ Best Buy

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know some others here have had their eye on this one. Winter Soldier Steelbook (Best Buy Exclusive) is now $24.99 ($5.00 off) and available for pre-order for in-store pick up. These things sell fast and if you tried to get a copy of the Thor: The Dark World one you know how difficult they can be to find release day.

BestBuy.com was giving me a lot of trouble today (cart wouldn't load). If you have the same issue try checking out at m.bestbuy.com instead.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=3261951&type=product&skuId=7750005&st=winter+soldier+steelbook&cp=1&lp=1

Also of note:

It's worth noting that next week, Best Buy has a promo where if you buy Captain America: TWS + a $14.99+ TV show, you get $10 off Captain America: TWS.

This will probably be stackable with the 'buy 3 TV seasons, get 25% off' promo, which is continuing next week.
Don't forget Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 1 comes out Tuesday as well (Target has it for $39.99 on Blu, Best Buy appears to have it for $44.99 barring any sales release week). May be possible to pre-order the Steelbook to reserve your copy, cancel in store pick up once in the store and then get it with Agents, with price match to Target for a grand total of about $55. At current Best Buy prices it would be ~$60). YMMV on a couple of factors of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a clip that showed sif from asgard as well. Does this also set up Thor dark world as well ?
There is an episode that takes place directly after Thor: The Dark World, but its more of an easter egg than anything. The Sif episode comes later, and hints at possible things for Thor 3. The series starts off fairly slow, but gets much better further in.

Joss WHEDON! Jesus.

Also, his contribution to the ongoing show seemed pretty minimal. He (and Marvel) had input on overarching stuff, but he only had one writing credit for the entire season.
I ment to edit that earlier lol. And yea I thought he just got I'm put to the story line like how he mentioned how winter soilder would effect the shows storyline. I'm pretty sure he didn't do any of the writing for the first season but I could be wrong

*AOS spoilers in case any one here hasn't seen the whole season*

I have to jump into the AOS discussion. I had such high hopes, as I've always been a huge SHIELD fan in the comics(Nick Fury being one of my favorite characters) and fell in love with Coulson. The first episode gave me hope, but it really didn't live up to the hype. It was ok, but not spectacular. After Cap 2 it finally started to find its footing. I think the problem was they really couldn't evolve the show that much until the Hydra reveal, and I think that hindered the beginning. From interviews, the creators and writers all knew before going in what was going to happen in Cap 2 and how it would affect the show, I just feel they couldn't break out a lot of the big guns until later. I do have hopes for season 2, seeing as their going to be essentially starting SHIELD from scratch and expanding more with comic characters. 

I have to jump into the AOS discussion. I had such high hopes, as I've always been a huge SHIELD fan in the comics(Nick Fury being one of my favorite characters) and fell in love with Coulson. The first episode gave me hope, but it really didn't live up to the hype. It was ok, but not spectacular. After Cap 2 it finally started to find its footing. I think the problem was they really couldn't evolve the show that much until the Hydra reveal, and I think that hindered the beginning. From interviews, the creators and writers all knew before going in what was going to happen in Cap 2 and how it would affect the show, I just feel they couldn't break out a lot of the big guns until later. I do have hopes for season 2, seeing as their going to be essentially starting SHIELD from scratch and expanding more with comic characters.
I wish that stark, banner, thor, hawkeye, black widow and Steve Rodgers would make cameos during the series. That would make me scream lol

I wish that stark, banner, thor, hawkeye, black widow and Steve Rodgers would make cameos during the series. That would make me scream lol
I'm actually ok with them not showing up. I feel they would overpower the show, when it really needs to stand on it's own. I think they handled the Nick Fury and Maria Hill cameos great, not gratuitous but only when the show called for it. I will say I'm very much looking forward to the introduction of Mockingbird, and Lucy Lawless's character, as she is just a wonderful actress in whatever she does. I am a little sad they killed off Victoria Hand, I thought she could have been a good character going forward, but again, it helped advance the story.

Joss WHEDON! Jesus.

Also, his contribution to the ongoing show seemed pretty minimal. He (and Marvel) had input on overarching stuff, but he only had one writing credit for the entire season.
Haha oops my bad. I just went by how strait spelled his last name. Thanks a lot strait! :D

Running the risk of sounding repetitive, but most people agree....Agents of SHIELD gets better as it goes on.  Which is funny when you look at the ratings and see that they actually dropped a bit into the second half.  A lot of that could be connected to the god-awful release schedule they were on.  We'd get a new episode, three weeks off, a new episode or two, and then a few more weeks off.

The show actually plays a lot better in succession, like one would do with Netflix binge-viewing or the blu-ray.  The show starts off feeling very network "safe", with little in the way of real intrigue or interesting developments.  Some episodes to note: Ep8: The Well, dealing with the aftermath of Thor:TDW (don't expect any cameos), Ep14: TAHITI - dealing with Coulson's resurrection and the Ep:16 End of the Beginning is the prelude to Cap2:WS, and then Ep17: Turn, Turn, Turn takes place right after.

There aren't a ton of MCU cameos, but we do get a few in Fury, Sitwell, Hill, and Lady Sif.  Lots of minor Marvel characters get referenced or show up, and there are a few teases to the Galaxy.  It's worth watching for sure.  Doesn't quite live up to expectations, but they do pretty well.  The show-runners are Joss Whedon's brother Jed and Maurissa Tancharoen  (Jed and Maurissa are married).  They all collaborated on things like Dr Horribles Sing-a-long blog, so I'm sure there's plenty of collaboration.  I'm hoping we see more back and forth with the next movies and possibly even the Netflix series.

yeah, AOS got better as the season went on.  Definitely starts out slow but the end of the season is much better.  I'm almost tempted to mix that with my Cap 2 Steelbook for the $10 off

My view of AOS was that it started slow, and did get better towards the end. But the characters that sucked were still there, and it isn't even in the same stratosphere as Arrow which is better than it on pretty much every level.

My view of AOS was that it started slow, and did get better towards the end. But the characters that sucked were still there, and it isn't even in the same stratosphere as Arrow which is better than it on pretty much every level.
One thing I like is that AOS is canon with the films which adds even more value to it. From the look of the season 2 trailor They Seem To Want To Kick It Up A Few Notches following the fallout from winter soilder :D

$10 off is live now.

Ordering on BB.com also stacks the 'buy 3 TV seasons get 25% off' and '$10 off Cap 2' promos.  Not bad.  Now I'm off to bed.

So does it mean if a store doesn't have it for store pickup does that mean that store will not have it Tuesday morning

Does best buy set aside some of these for shelves, walk in customers? Right now I don't show any of my local store giving the store pick up option

[quote name="El Rey" post="12073608" timestamp="1410116070"]

Does best buy set aside some of these for shelves, walk in customers? Right now I don't show any of my local store giving the store pick up

On release they will be in a cardboard display

yeah, glad I preordered 2 for store pickup and have 1 coming online.  Not gonna hoard, just want one undamaged.  The rest I'll probably sell to CAG's at cost

I'm familiar with best buys set up in store. The question is if each store will sell their whole allotment via online store pick up or if some are set aside for walk in customers to buy
They will most likely have some set aside for walk ins.

So for BB in-store pickup preorders, am I charged when I place the order or when I pickup? If it's at pickup I'd like to wait until Friday for one of my two paychecks to clear but from reading stories on here it seems like if I don't pick it up on Tuesday it will be gone even with a preorder.

I missed the Thor 2 Steelbook and have been lucky getting the near to last copies of the last 3 DC Animated Steels at a local Target (since those can't be preordered reliably) so I don't want to miss Cap.

I'm familiar with best buys set up in store. The question is if each store will sell their whole allotment via online store pick up or if some are set aside for walk in customers to buy
But just remember if they do decide to have some set aside for walk ins the people picking up copies of destiny might grab those ones too

So for BB in-store pickup preorders, am I charged when I place the order or when I pickup? If it's at pickup I'd like to wait until Friday for one of my two paychecks to clear but from reading stories on here it seems like if I don't pick it up on Tuesday it will be gone even with a preorder.

I missed the Thor 2 Steelbook and have been lucky getting the near to last copies of the last 3 DC Animated Steels at a local Target (since those can't be preordered reliably) so I don't want to miss Cap.
I was charged once the order was placed, I'm hoping customer service will just refund me some back after price matching it

I got an email today saying the date for my in store pick up has been changed to today, and to wait for my pick up email before going to get it?

It's up for preorder again for shipping. I checked the store pick up options and many are listed as unavailable.

For those that previously ordered, can you confirm if the sku is 7750005? The picture shows the steebook, but the title description does not mention the Best Buy exclusive or the 3D.

It's up for preorder again for shipping. I checked the store pick up options and many are listed as unavailable.

For those that previously ordered, can you confirm if the sku is 7750005? The picture shows the steebook, but the title description does not mention the Best Buy exclusive or the 3D.
The Google cached version of the page includes "steelbook" and "3d" in the title description lists the same sku - 7750005. So I think it's good.

I decided to order.  Hope it comes with the steelbook.  I ended up ordering the Ghost in the Shell 25th anniversary edition blu-ray to get cap at $15.  Was going to order that anyway.

I might go to the store tomorrow and get a steelbook just in case.

I decided to order. Hope it comes with the steelbook. I ended up ordering the Ghost in the Shell 25th anniversary edition blu-ray to get cap at $15. Was going to order that anyway.

I had to check this. And it's true. Somehow, it snuck into the promotion and qualifies. Spend $35, get a SB for CA2 and a remaster of an anime classic.

I just placed an order for CA: TWS SB ($14.99) and Hannibal Season 1 ($16.99).  The order total was $28.xx after tax, free shipping, and a $5 myBestBuy cert, but then I had a gift card to cover the entire order.  Excited!  

Oh, and if you're not watching Hannibal, you're crazy!

I decided to order. Hope it comes with the steelbook. I ended up ordering the Ghost in the Shell 25th anniversary edition blu-ray to get cap at $15. Was going to order that anyway.

I had to check this. And it's true. Somehow, it snuck into the promotion and qualifies. Spend $35, get a SB for CA2 and a remaster of an anime classic.
wow, it is 14.99 for winter soldier + 19.99 ghost in anniv. blu = $35 Total.

That's really good. I wonder what other weird options we have besides ghost in the shell, because it seems they confused it with a tv series lol

So breaking it down for me since captain america standard blu ray will be 10$ If I pair it with aos. My 5$ rz coupon and movers coupon will make the total around 45$. Great deal !

I'd love to make an online order or cancel my in-store pickup order at time of pickup to pick up some TV series sets to go with it, though picking up the new items that are coming out tomorrow (Homeland S3, AOS S1, Supernatural S9, Vampire Diaries S5) seem like a waste even at 25% off the release price.  Most of these seem to end up cheaper during the BF timeframe more times than not, so waiting it out will net them for cheaper than the $30 - $33 seems like a better option.   Some of the cheaper stuff I've picked up for that price or cheaper here and there, so it's a harder sell this time around a few weeks ago for ASM2.

EDIT: Best I could find for my purposes would be Sleepy Hollow @ $23.99, Homeland S3 for $20.24 and South Park S17 for $20.99 bundled with CA: TWS for $14.99.

I'd love to make an online order or cancel my in-store pickup order at time of pickup to pick up some TV series sets to go with it, though picking up the new items that are coming out tomorrow (Homeland S3, AOS S1, Supernatural S9, Vampire Diaries S5) seem like a waste even at 25% off the release price. Most of these seem to end up cheaper during the BF timeframe more times than not, so waiting it out will net them for cheaper than the $30 - $33 seems like a better option. Some of the cheaper stuff I've picked up for that price or cheaper here and there, so it's a harder sell this time around a few weeks ago for ASM2.

EDIT: Best I could find for my purposes would be Sleepy Hollow @ $23.99, Homeland S3 for $20.24 and South Park S17 for $20.99 bundled with CA: TWS for $14.99.
This is part of why I'm grabbing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with Winter Soldier. Being that it is Marvel and Disney it probably won't have much in the way of a sale for quite some time.

This is part of why I'm grabbing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with Winter Soldier. Being that it is Marvel and Disney it probably won't have much in the way of a sale for quite some time.
Getting the standard blu version of c.a for 10$ with this promo is the best deal you will get for a loooooooong time lol. Since that's the case I highly recommend this deal.

Got my copy about an hour ago. They look good together.

[attachment=8033:picture_0012.jpg]

[attachment=8034:picture_0013.jpg]

Got my copy about an hour ago. They look good together.

attachicon.gif
Picture_0012.jpg
attachicon.gif
Picture_0013.jpg
In the mail right? How was it package and what carrier? They do look nice?

In the mail right? How was it package and what carrier? They do look nice?
Yep got it in the mail.

UPS 2 Day shipping and it came in the brown corrugated packaging.

And yeah it looks nice, no major dents or scratches.

Also on a side note. People at br.com have been reporting that those with email saying they can pick up their instore pickups today have been able to.

Not sure if this has already been posted but you can order one of each format (3d, reg blu, and dvd) at bestbuy and get all 3 discounted in one order and only one tv series is needed. Just in case someone would want extra copies for some reason.

I was able to order the Cap steelbook and Toy Story Terror and get the promo.

CAWS - $14.99

TST - $14.99

Had a $5 reward cert too. Cool.

Went to the Destiny midnight opening, and picked up Cap 2.  They had a Cap 2 cardboard stand filled with blu-rays and DVDs for sale.

bread's done
Back