Carpet cleaning

NTolerance

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Been living in the same apartment for 4 years now. The carpet is mega-cheap and I don't believe it was designed to be used as long as it has. There's a high turnover rate here and I frequently see a van with carpet hanging out the back shortly after the moving trucks leave.

Anyways, my carpet is in bad shape. There's lots of stains and discoloration as well as high-traffic spots that are nearly flattened due to the cheapness I suppose. I know there's not much I can do about the flat spots but I'd like to clean up the stains. Is there a cheap and easy method to go over all the carpet and get rid of some of the stains? I'm a homemaking n00b. 8-[

Check with your apartments management. We are given a free carpet cleaning when we renew a lease. You might even get them to replace it.

Rent a carpet cleaning machine and do it yourself. I got one for 24 hours (I think it was about $40-50) from Lowe's or Home Depot when I sold my condo and it did an AMAZING job at refreshing the carpet.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Check with your apartments management. We are given a free carpet cleaning when we renew a lease. You might even get them to replace it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great from a cost perspective but I'm sure this would happen when I'm at work and I don't like strangers in my apartment when I'm not around. On top of that I've got so much crap in my place it would take months just to get the floor clear enough to pull up the old carpet.

[quote name='bmachine']Rent a carpet cleaning machine and do it yourself. I got one for 24 hours (I think it was about $40-50) from Lowe's or Home Depot when I sold my condo and it did an AMAZING job at refreshing the carpet.[/QUOTE]

Will look into this. Is it as simple as a vacuum cleaner where you turn it on and run it over the carpet or is it more involved?

I'd also like to add that I need a new vacuum cleaner. I've got a really old one now that's not so good at cleaning up all the kitty litter that my cats spread around everywhere. What's a good vacuum that won't break the bank?

[quote name='joe2187']I am seriously dissapointed in this thread[/QUOTE]

It was my intent to entertain. In other news I had sex with a table and then took a big dump on it.

[quote name='NTolerance']Will look into this. Is it as simple as a vacuum cleaner where you turn it on and run it over the carpet or is it more involved?[/quote]

Yeah, it's pretty simple...fill it with hot water and cleaning solution and run it over your carpet. It'll be wet for about 24 hours so you'll have be tactical about which rooms you do and in what order...pick a nice sunny, breezy day so you can leave the windows open to dry it out.

Overall, I was REALLY impressed with how effective this was.

bread's done
Back