Cash America offering FREE video games under $10

FidgetyCorpse

CAGiversary!
Saw that Cash America is once again offering a FREE video game under $10 for Video Game Day.

The coupon states it expires 7/8/13, but the Tweet itself was posted this morning.

See the coupon below...

https://twitter.com/cashamerica/status/486506364249055232

proxy.jpg

Picked up Dead Space 3 (360) and then my wife went and got Titanfall (xbone). All for free and they didn't ask for IDs. Now I just need to figure out how to get the 360 version of Titanfall for free/cheap...

Sabrina! :p

Before today I had only been inside one of these once, even though I've lived near one all my life. (that was sometime last year when I stopped to check and noticed they had AssCreed 1 PS3 tagged $54.99) (prices have improved since)
it was tempting trust me

I went to one that had all the prices (surprisingly good prices) scribbled in marker on the side and then another one that was much trashier and didn't have prices on anything (and didn't bother to take off GameStop tags)

Grabbed Dead Space PS3, God of War Collection PS3 and Mortal Kombat 2011 (PS3) while my GF went home with Batman Arkham City on her 360. All in all nice find, just wish I had more time in the day to have gone to more than one location. 

Hit 3, last one with my wife. Got GTA V (PS3) from the first one for $10+ tax after coupon. Glad I got it there, since it was $24.99 at the second store and $29.99 at the third. That was the only game I paid for. Got Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) with a beat up case from the second store, and I had my wife with me at the last store, got GTA IV complete (360) and Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate (PS3). Last store had some crazy pricing like Fighter Within for $40.

No thanks only place near me is in the worst parts of town would rather not get stabbed or raped by Bubba for a copy of Sneak King

Lol I was thinking about you Alfa

The cash america on highpoint road correct ?

I picked up that collection but ended up putting it back because I have all the games digitally downloaded

Walked out with dragons dogma dark arisen
Thanks doc, yeah High point road. I figured local CAGs would have picked it dry by the time I got there. Glad I was able to find something I've been looking for. LOL now every one knows one of my secret spots. I've scored some good stuff there before. $10 Nintendo titles and relatively newer games for PS3. My best find was a gold Zelda Wii mote in great shape for $15. Pro tip , if the cashier is cool ask if they have anything in the back that they haven't put out yet. I have a few times and and got great deals on games they haven't priced yet.

mine had a horrible selection... and the ones that were under $10 i all had already. but i did manage to spot and snag something worth my time, Retro Game Challenge for the DS. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. I found out about this late. Left the house at 5:15 and they all closed at 7:00. Luckily they're all by each other. Was surprised when I put it in the store locator.. Anyways I went to 7, but only got 4 games. The selection was so bad at two of them, I left with nothing. The otherhad everything priced at $12.99.

Picked up all for 360

Red Dead Redemption - wanted it to to play all the dlc
Secret Service
Final Fantasy XIII - need to beat it so can beat the other two
Fist of The North Star - Kens Rage 2

Thanks OP. I found out about this late. Left the house at 5:15 and they all closed at 7:00. Luckily they're all by each other. Was surprised when I put it in the store locator.. Anyways I went to 7, but only got 4 games. The selection was so bad at two of them, I left with nothing. The otherhad everything priced at $12.99.

Picked up all for 360

Red Dead Redemption - wanted it to to play all the dlc
Secret Service
Final Fantasy XIII - need to beat it so can beat the other two
Fist of The North Star - Kens Rage 2
Last summer those would have made you a pile of money at BBY. :rofl:

No thanks only place near me is in the worst parts of town would rather not get stabbed or raped by Bubba for a copy of Sneak King
I'm probably too paranoid, but I decided to put a big sharp box cutter in my pocket before I stepped out of my car at the Pawn shops today. If someone wants to jump me for some reason, they will at least get injured as well.

I'm not going to fight some idiot and hurt my hands. I'd be pissed if I broke a bone in my hand on some idiot's face and couldn't play videogames. I should probably buy something better like a taser or pepper spray.

It's a long story, but I did avoid a fight once when I reached for a knife strapped to my belt. Of all places it happened coming out of a movie theater. I'm glad there are lots of cops there now all the time it seems since the Aurora shooting.

And just an aside but I found the people that worked at the super pawns I went to were really nice.

I'm probably too paranoid, but I decided to put a big sharp box cutter in my pocket before I stepped out of my car at the Pawn shops today. If someone wants to jump me for some reason, they will at least get injured as well.

I'm not going to fight some idiot and hurt my hands. I'd be pissed if I broke a bone in my hand on some idiot's face and couldn't play videogames. I should probably buy something better like a taser or pepper spray.

It's a long story, but I did avoid a fight once when I reached for a knife strapped to my belt. Of all places it happened coming out of a movie theater. I'm glad there are lots of cops there now all the time it seems since the Aurora shooting.
I carry a CZ 75 P-01. If thugs want to play a silly game, they'll win a silly prize.

Wish I had found out about this earlier since there apparently 7 Cash America's in my area lol.

Anyway I only had time to hit 3 stores and made off pretty well.

At the first store I was able to snag God of War Ascension (PS3) for free as well as God of War 2 (PS2) and Soul Caliber 2 (PS2) for 50 cents a piece.  Second store I found Dante's Inferno (X360), and the third I only found a loose copy of Fable 2.

Nothing spectacular but you can't beat free.

Went to the only one in the area, was able to get Red dead redemption... They didn't have prices and just said pick one and it's yours... Just some old sports games, dishonered, and can't really remember what else.

Also they did a weird thing to the transaction, put the item for a dollar and I walked out without paying the $1 I owed...

Kid in the store freaked when he saw the coupon and was like how did I not know about this!!

Stopped by two Cash Americas today (was going to go to a third, but it was a bit out of the way) and got some pretty solid free games: Arkham Origins and Killzone 3. I browsed a bunch and the second store and they had some pretty nice stuff for cheap, so I decided to pick up GoW: Ascension, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and Condemned 2 all for ps3. Only 12 bucks!

Wish I had found out about this earlier since there apparently 7 Cash America's in my area lol.

Anyway I only had time to hit 3 stores and made off pretty well.

At the first store I was able to snag God of War Ascension (PS3) for free as well as God of War 2 (PS2) and Soul Caliber 2 (PS2) for 50 cents a piece. Second store I found Dante's Inferno (X360), and the third I only found a loose copy of Fable 2.

Nothing spectacular but you can't beat free.
Where do you live?

Seriously, look how many are within 20 miles of my zip code. If I knew about this earlier, I would have hit up as many as I possibly could. I only had an hour and 45 minutes to work with.

Really sad I missed this.

There are literally 8 of them within 10 miles of me and it's a college town so they would probably have tons of stuff.

I went to cash America and showed them the coupon and they said I was stealing from them and they wanted to call the police for "fake coupon fraud" not even kidding

I believe. Manager and employee thought my friend and I were stealing from them with the coupon. Luckily the manager found on their system where to make the game free. I swear, I love these promotions but management never knows or tells employees about these things. We could have been out the store in 5 minutes but took 30 minutes.

I think i was the only person in my town who got a free game, i told a few others but noone really cared. All the decent games were over 10 anyway. AC3 was 10.99 I even tried offering to pat the .99. That didnt work. So i ended up getting Atari Classics for PSP for a friend of mine.

havent been in a pawn shop for years.   yesterday was mothers birthday so    was  too buzzy to hit pawn shops.   they have not had a single  ds/3ds or vita game in their shop for at least the last 4 years 

I think i was the only person in my town who got a free game, i told a few others but noone really cared. All the decent games were over 10 anyway. AC3 was 10.99 I even tried offering to pat the .99. That didnt work. So i ended up getting Atari Classics for PSP for a friend of mine.
It was $9.99 at my store, but since I already had it I passed. I think they just make the prices up because Dead Space 2 was $15.99. ALso Borderland 2 was $13.99 but the 2k Rogues and Outlaws Collection which has Spec Ops, Borderlands 2, and Mafia II was only $9.99. So I picked that up along with LBP 2, GoW Ascension, LotR War in the North, Heavy Rain, and Mortal Kombat.

Picked up skylanders starter pack for the ps3 for free. Had a 14.99 price tag on it she changed it to 9.99 and didnt pay the difference. Also got metal gear solid 5 for 4.99.

Yea the store I went to didn't have prices on any games and just let me pick what I wanted.  Not sure if they saw the $10 max on the coupon or the games were priced at $10?

I got Red Dead from one store, and at another grabbed Max Payne 3 (which was 7.99) and decided to try the coupon they posted on their Facebook, with no price limit on it and a different code than the 9.99 or less one, on Ghosts for the xbone.

The old lady got so mad at me. She kept saying "this promotion is for games $7.99 or less" just basing her "pricing" off of Max Payne's price lol. I kept going "hey though, if you look they're different coupon codes, and there's no price limit on this one" and she'd cut me off to keep repeating "Again, this promotion is for games $7.99 or less." At one point I even forced her to look at the coupons on their Facebook and showed her the differences in the coupons, but she repeated herself yet again.

Oh well hahaha. Oh yeah I live in the Winston Salem, NC area, two stores within a mile or so of each other and one that closed too early for me to try.

I got Red Dead from one store, and at another grabbed Max Payne 3 (which was 7.99) and decided to try the coupon they posted on their Facebook, with no price limit on it and a different code than the 9.99 or less one, on Ghosts for the xbone.
The old lady got so mad at me. She kept saying "this promotion is for games $7.99 or less" just basing her "pricing" off of Max Payne's price lol. I kept going "hey though, if you look they're different coupon codes, and there's no price limit on this one" and she'd cut me off to keep repeating "Again, this promotion is for games $7.99 or less." At one point I even forced her to look at the coupons on their Facebook and showed her the differences in the coupons, but she repeated herself yet again.
Oh well hahaha. Oh yeah I live in the Winston Salem, NC area, two stores within a mile or so of each other and one that closed too early for me to try.
Do people have anything more to do then buck the system.... Then get mad when companies up prices and stop offering deals to offset losses.....?

Cause this is 2014 not 1990 try harder big boy
NO, I am referring to the actual type of business that it is, this isnt some big retailer that has warehouses where they ship online goods from like an Amazon or Best Buy. This is a PAWN SHOP, most independently ran from one another where the stock they get is from things local people bring in

Way to be a douchebag in your response big boy

bread's done
Back