Castle Shikigami 2 (ps2) Pre-Order $9.99 at ebgames.com!!!

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245170.asp
this is suposed to be a good shooter and you cant go wrong with that price!

heres some screens:
s24278_xb_4.jpg

s24278_xb_2.jpg

s24278_xb_1.jpg

s24278_xb_3.jpg

s24278_xb_6.jpg

punq, that looks awesome! I just picked up a complete Thunderforce V (for $5!) about a week ago, so I'm fiending for more shooters, esp cheap :D

while I'm talkin about cheap ones, how is Mobile Light Force 2? keep thinking about picking it up, just not sure if it's worth the $10 or so.

mobile light force 2 is awesome, it was brought to the us by the same guys that are pulishing this game. if you keep an eye out for it, eb has is used for $6-coupons often

I ordered it but YOU KNOW this is going to be a price mistake. NO ONE is going to get this at this price.

Let the "I'm gonna bitch if they cancel my order/don't sell it to me at this price" whining begin!

[quote name='daphatty']I ordered it but YOU KNOW this is going to be a price mistake. NO ONE is going to get this at this price.

Let the "I'm gonna bitch if they cancel my order/don't sell it to me at this price" whining begin![/quote]

Actually, I was just wondering if I should I order it or not. I still have to cancel my order of the Donkey Kongas from Media Play....

As a point of information, Mobile Light Force 2 IS the American version of the original Castle Shikagami. It's not the best shooter in the world but worth the $10-$15 you'll pay for it.

[quote name='punqsux']this is being published by XS games, most of their titles are 9.99 or 14.99 i doubt this is a wrong price[/quote]

Pre-order on the way then.

EDIT: Thanks!

[quote name='psiufoxx']As a point of information, Mobile Light Force 2 IS the American version of the original Castle Shikagami. It's not the best shooter in the world but worth the $10-$15 you'll pay for it.[/quote]

so how does the original PS Mobile Light Force fit into this?

[quote name='punqsux']mobile light force 1 is gunbird 1 (gunbird 2 came out in the states for dc)[/quote]

holy god, I have about ten more shooters to buy!

I just picked up Gunbird 2 for DC at TRU about two weeks ago, time for some Mobile Light Force action ;)

[quote name='The Gifuto'][quote name='daphatty']I ordered it but YOU KNOW this is going to be a price mistake. NO ONE is going to get this at this price.

Let the "I'm gonna bitch if they cancel my order/don't sell it to me at this price" whining begin![/quote]

Actually, I was just wondering if I should I order it or not. I still have to cancel my order of the Donkey Kongas from Media Play....[/quote]

Actually I think media play cancelled all of those orders automatically.what ever happened to that thread anyway??

Nice find... Those screenshots look awesome (even though I'm not a fan of most shooters). This might be my first preorder...

[quote name='jer0009'][quote name='The Gifuto'][quote name='daphatty']I ordered it but YOU KNOW this is going to be a price mistake. NO ONE is going to get this at this price.

Actually, I was just wondering if I should I order it or not. I still have to cancel my order of the Donkey Kongas from Media Play....[/quote]

Actually I think media play cancelled all of those orders automatically.what ever happened to that thread anyway??[/quote]

Hey, you're right. I guess I should check my inbox once and awhile. Thanks.

[quote name='maxflight']so gunbird 2 = MLF2 or something totally different?[/quote]
nope mlf2 is castle 1

XS did a really bad job of titling these games

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='maxflight']so gunbird 2 = MLF2 or something totally different?[/quote]
nope mlf2 is castle 1

XS did a really bad job of titling these games[/quote]

^ understatement of the year :)

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='maxflight']so gunbird 2 = MLF2 or something totally different?[/quote]
nope mlf2 is castle 1

XS did a really bad job of titling these games[/quote]

The titles are a minor offense compared to the 'Charlie's Angels' cover art. The character descriptions are pretty whacky, too but those might be direct translations.

MLF2 is hilarious, I had to laugh at they way the story has nothing to do with the game. It says to find the murderers. It's great when it's showing the intro which has nothing to do with the name then all of a sudden MLF2 comes onto the screen. I'll definatly have to get this game, I hope they don't take tate mode out this time, that was a dumb idea to take it out of MLF2.

[quote name='epobirs']The titles are a minor offense compared to the 'Charlie's Angels' cover art. The character descriptions are pretty whacky, too but those might be direct translations.[/quote] Oh wow, I had no idea this MLF thing was THAT game. Wow. Honestly, I completely blew that game off just because the cover was so bad. I had no idea it was a shooter.

I think I posted a thread about this a while ago when it came up in the ol' CAG-O-Matic, but it wasn't really a deal thread. Anyhow, I didn't see an xbox listing. I still hope they plan on publishing the xbox version here in the states. I want to put my scores up on Live and what not.

And yeah really all they had to was use this Japan Box art and slap an english title on there. Instead they release the craptastic messs that is the MLF 2 packaging. Here's what the female version of the Xbox JP cover looked like:

PA.02408.001.jpg

Castle Shikigami 2 is a phenomenal shooter! I have played a burned copy for the Dreamcast and was TOTALLY impressed. I would suggest that anyone who enjoys shooters should pick up this game! :D

a bit off topic but hey call me crazy or wouldnt the dual screen set up on the Gamboy DS be the perfect set up for games like raiden and this game ¿?

btw thanks for bringing this title to light.

Oh my god, i can't believe that XS actually had the balls to realase 2 completely different games with the same exact art. Especially when the art is so bad... maybe i'll pick up the first and see if i like it enough to get the second, and make my own cusom art or something, because i couldn't even stand that in my collection.

This game looks a whole lot like Mars Matrix (for Dreamcast) from the screenshots, with coins instead of gold boxes. I loved that game.

I just pre purchased it at EB games. its 10 bucks in change and they said that they will have it on 11.15

I've never seen MLF1 for sale anywhere but I did really like Gunbird in the arcade. (Yes, I have the Dreamcast Gunbird 2.) Even with its flaws I'd be tempted to grab MLF1 if it turned up for some throwaway price likr three bucks.

Mobile Light Force 2 was/is $9.99, and as that is the prequel to Castle Shikigami 2, I don't see why that price would be a mistake. Basically, these shooters are unfortunately limited to a niche market, so selling them cheap might encourage more people to make an impulse buy. I love these games, so I'll be getting it on the day of release, without question. It was supposed to be out yesterday, but they pushed it back, to my disappointment.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Damn, and I paid $70 for the LE import. :D[/quote]

Where'd you get it from? Cuz I'm pretty sure play-aisa had it for like 62 shipped. I thougth about importing it for Gamecube until I saw that XS gaes would bring it here, then I knew it was gonna be much cheaper.

Wait a minute!

This:
mlf2cover.jpg

Is this?:
mlf21.jpg

I always thought it was some stupid all-girl FPS or something. Every time I see it in stores (always for $9.99 or less), I think, "Mobile Light Force...that sounds like a shmup I've heard of," but then I look at the box art and think, "Nah....." :lol:

[quote name='Drakken']Wait a minute!

This:
mlf2cover.jpg

Is this?: //kidfenris.com/mlf21.jpg

I always thought it was some stupid all-girl FPS or something. Every time I see it in stores (always for $9.99 or less), I think, "Mobile Light Force...that sounds like a shmup I've heard of," but then I look at the box art and think that's not possible. :lol:[/quote]

yes ;)

[quote name='lain21us']I called XS games and confirmed it. 9.99, just like its prequel.[/quote]you ask them about the XB version?

they need to update their site, they still have it listed as coming out 3 Sept

bread's done
Back