castlevania 1-3 and contra

oleander

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I saw a cd for sale on a website (that I don't currently recall the name of), and it had the first 3 castlevania games and 2 contras for pc. It was about $11 with shipping. Does anyone know about this compilation? It seems pretty impressive (as the castlevania in the NES collection alone goes for $20), although I'm always a little worried about the old console games that are ported to pc. Also, if it is a good deal, and anyone's interested, let me know and I'll put up a link when I get home.

Yes, I have it. It's called the Konami Castlevania and Contra Collector's Edition. I paid $19.99 for it new at EB when it came out in 02 I believe. I'm not an expert but in my opinion they are good ports but I've yet to find a half decent controller for the PC to take full advantage of these types of games (Side Scrollers).

if anyone is interested, I could probably score a copy for like $5-6. I work at Menards and they have copies of this collection mixed in with the other stuff.

[quote name='rynomite']Yes, I have it. It's called the Konami Castlevania and Contra Collector's Edition. I paid $19.99 for it new at EB when it came out in 02 I believe. I'm not an expert but in my opinion they are good ports but I've yet to find a half decent controller for the PC to take full advantage of these types of games (Side Scrollers).[/quote]

How about one of these controllers for your old-school gaming needs?

http://www.sealiecomputing.com/retrozone/

-Brian P

i always look for this friggen game and i can never find it, if anyone comes across it for hella cheap, i would pay like 7 bucks shipped for it :/

[quote name='Wshakspear']$3 at TRU green tag clearance[/quote]

I'd better check my local TRU stores because I'd gladly pay $3 new for an official PC port. Then again, if I could just get my POS old NES system to work right without too much of a fight I could just dust off and play the original cartridges.

bread's done
Back