Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate Gamestop case question

I have no idea but thank you for mentioning this. I have a preorder in at Fry's for $29.99 plus s/h but these are the type of things I like to collect so I'm going to get one at GS as well.

I would guess it is a 3DS original sized case but I have nothing to base that off

Yup I do believe this is for the original 3ds, You can tell by the little space for the stylus near the cartridge area. the XLs stylus is on the side.

This has to be about the worst preorder bonus I've ever received. The case is clear and they've provided 2 crappy stickers to place on the top of the case.

Anyone that got this already - does it come with a manual? A friend picked up a copy at gamestop today and the guy said they aren't' coming with manuals.... just a couple of inserts in the case..... just curious if that was true, or if it just got lost/stolen before he got it....

This case is for the regular 3DS and it's trash. I thought it would be nice like the Revelations case, but it's not.

It's two pieces of clear plastic and you put on the Castlevania sticker yourself. I was pretty shocked when I got it. I'll always be reminded that it was a free item whenever I look at it though due to the awfulness of it.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Anyone that got this already - does it come with a manual? A friend picked up a copy at gamestop today and the guy said they aren't' coming with manuals.... just a couple of inserts in the case..... just curious if that was true, or if it just got lost/stolen before he got it....[/QUOTE]

I got it on Tuesday at BBY and can confirm that it does not come with a manual.

[quote name='UndyingForce']Too bad the reviews were not so good. Was looking forward to this game.[/QUOTE]

Reviews look great to me.

Why would that stop you from picking it up and just forming your own opinion haha.

[quote name='UndyingForce']Too bad the reviews were not so good. Was looking forward to this game.[/QUOTE]

Reviews were mostly good to great. I've played the game a bit and I'm on Act II now and I love it.

I loved the old Castlevania games, but I love the new series too. It's nice to see a new twist on a familiar story and characters.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/castlevania-lords-of-shadow---mirror-of-fate
7.3 / 7.5 on metacritic
There's a demo so decide for yourself.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']Anyone that got this already - does it come with a manual? A friend picked up a copy at gamestop today and the guy said they aren't' coming with manuals.... just a couple of inserts in the case..... just curious if that was true, or if it just got lost/stolen before he got it....[/QUOTE]

It's a trend. From the home screen, you can read the digital manual by highlighting the game and clicking "Manual" on the bottom screen.

3rd party Wii U games are also doing this.

I thought the demo was pretty good but I'm torn over picking up the game now since the reviews are all over the place. Might wait for a sale or price drop.

[quote name='Killbomb']I thought the demo was pretty good but I'm torn over picking up the game now since the reviews are all over the place. Might wait for a sale or price drop.[/QUOTE]

You should trust your own opinion over a reviewers. You know what you like better than they do.

I played the demo and I liked it so I decided to get the game.

[quote name='whoknows']You should trust your own opinion over a reviewers. You know what you like better than they do.

I played the demo and I liked it so I decided to get the game.[/QUOTE]

True but I like to use critic reviews along with demos when it's a game I'm not 100% sure that I want. I enjoyed the MoF demo but it didn't grab me and have me thinking that I must buy it no matter what reviews say like the Etrian Odyssey IV demo did.

Anyway, most of the feedback on the boards seems fairly positive so I went ahead and grabbed MoF today using my $10 GC from Target that I got a few weeks back.

Quick question-got mine from Gamestop.com (had it preordered) and it comes in what looks like store wrapped shrinkwrap, not the fancy factory stuff that's folded over if you know what I mean.

Do some 3DS games come like that from the factory? 'cause I don't want something that's been used, don't want to risk gumming up my DS and thus wrecking my library...

Regarding the preorder bonus, it's ultra lame. Some bent up sticker and piece of plastic that I guess fits on an original DS for some reason.

Yep this game comes with a heat seal or whatever the correct term is. Launch copies of RE Mercenaries came the same way and copies of RE Revelations that did NOT have the misprint were mostly sealed that way as well.

Thanks guys! Makes me feel better about my copy!

Regarding the game, I literally know nothing about it save that graphics in a screenshot looked surprisingly decent and hey, it's castlevania lol. Always up to give a portable game a shot.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Quick question-got mine from Gamestop.com (had it preordered) and it comes in what looks like store wrapped shrinkwrap, not the fancy factory stuff that's folded over if you know what I mean.

Do some 3DS games come like that from the factory? 'cause I don't want something that's been used, don't want to risk gumming up my DS and thus wrecking my library...

Regarding the preorder bonus, it's ultra lame. Some bent up sticker and piece of plastic that I guess fits on an original DS for some reason.[/QUOTE]

My copy from Target was wrapped that way as well and I thought the same thing you did...lol. Did a search and found that others got it the same way. Companies are really skimping on packaging lately especially on 3DS. Ghetto shrinkwrapping and no manuals...what a shame.

[quote name='Killbomb']My copy from Target was wrapped that way as well and I thought the same thing you did...lol. Did a search and found that others got it the same way. Companies are really skimping on packaging lately especially on 3DS. Ghetto shrinkwrapping and no manuals...what a shame.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! You guys have put my mind at ease! :)

[quote name='Gamer SDP']ghetto shrink wrap and no manual? guess I may have to reconsider a 3rd 3ds game for Target's promo next week[/QUOTE]

Those are great reasons not to get a game.

bread's done
Back