Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Xbox 360 $26.99 at Newegg & Amazon

Thanks OP bought it for $7 more then I should have but couldn't wait on Frys/Other retailers to mark down. A loser is me!

would bite but I'm waiting on a deal for the PS3 version and there's no Fry's in Maine to my knowledge so I don't think Best Buy will PM :/

thanks TC I may not be able to get it at BB for $20 since there is no frys around, but at least I can get it for $23 less than what most places are selling it for

Tempted to bite, but kinda curious if there will be another sale for 20 sometime soon. Think I'll be sitting this one out unfortunately, despite wanting the game.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I wonder GOTY Edition coming out soon?[/QUOTE]
Was it a GOTY anywhere?? Plus I doubt it, I haven't seen any DLC yet.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']I'm waiting for $30 or lower on the Collectors Edition.[/QUOTE]

You stole the words right out of my mouth.. That version has been stuck at around $60 for months.

As for other people stating that the PS3 version is superior, I would ask that you please explain (aside from the obvious argument that the 360 version is multi-disc).

[quote name='MaelstromB']You stole the words right out of my mouth.. That version has been stuck at around $60 for months.

As for other people stating that the PS3 version is superior, I would ask that you please explain (aside from the obvious argument that the 360 version is multi-disc).[/QUOTE]
There is also less slowdown in the PS3 version.

Huh. I was just stopping by to say I submitted it as a lower price to Amazon a couple hours ago. Nevermind, then. ;)

[quote name='ultrapimp']this game will be under 20 bucks in a month or three[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm waiting. My backlog has grown (and will continue to grow) into a monstrosity that I do not think I could conquer in a lifetime if I tried. I'm very much excited to play the game, but at this point, even if I wanted to, I would not realistically get to C:LoS for another few months. I actually purchased the Limited Edition version day one from Amazon. I received it, and it sat lonely on the top of my stack on my bedroom floor. After little consideration, I decided to send it back and get my $80 refunded for the very reasons listed above.

In this day and age, the msrp of games falls extremely quick, so unless you're planning on playing on day one, you're better off waiting and saving yourself the financial hurt.

[quote name='MaelstromB']That's why I'm waiting. My backlog has grown (and will continue to grow) into a monstrosity that I do not think I could conquer in a lifetime if I tried. At this point, even if I wanted to, I would not get to C:LoS for another few months. I actually purchased the Limited Edition version day one from Amazon. I received it, and it sat lonely on my the top of my stack on my bedroom floor. After little consideration, I decided to send it back and get a refund for the very reasons listed above.

In this day and age, the msrp of games falls extremely quick, so unless you're planning on playing on day one, you're better off waiting and saving yourself the financial hurt.[/QUOTE]

Or...
1. Buy the game you really want to play on day 1.
2. Beat it relatively quickly (say a week or two). The faster, the better since prices really start going down after the first week.
3. Sell it back on ebay/craigslist for anywhere between 70% - 90% of your money back.

Sure, you can say just rent the game, but they may not have the game day 1 or you might not be able to get the game for a few days/weeks due to demand. If you have a backlog, by all means, wait. But this is what I personally do.

Cool - thanks for the heads up - I got a $10 "we miss you" promo in email from newegg today, so that drops it down to $16.99 for me! I've been waiting for it to hit under $20!

Few days ago, I called Best Buy to verify they had it in-stock then I walked in to customer service & they were able to price match Fry's $20 price. Today was the last day for the sale at Fry's.

bread's done
Back