Cat. Name. Thread. :)

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
KittenPic1+Edit.jpg

Here’s our cute little angel of a kitten. We saw him at a local pet shop today and we knew immediately he had to come home with us. As you can see from the picture, his body is almost completely white except for the little grey spot on his head. Also evident from the picture are his alert eyes which are sort of spooky and cool at the same time. (I don’t think the flash helped either.)

So we are now looking to name him and would love to hear some suggestions. The Mrs. and I don’t want to name him something plain like Mike or some other such silliness. So what do you think? Got a good suggestion for a cat name?

EDIT: Here is a better picture.

DSC00645.jpg

- DaPhatty

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Isn't the name obvious? You must call it Gorbachov.

They must be related.[/QUOTE]
:applause:
How about DaCatty......Gorbachev......Jr.

OBAKE

Obake (お化け, Obake?) and bakemono (化け物, bakemono?) (sometimes obakemono) are a class of monster or spirit in Japanese folklore. Literally, the terms mean a thing that changes, referring to a state of transformation or shapeshifting.
These words are often translated as ghost, but primarily they refer to living things or supernatural beings who have taken on a temporary transformation, and these bakemono are distinct from the spirits of the dead.[1] However, as a secondary usage, the term obake can be a synonym for yūrei, the ghost of a deceased human being.[2]
A bakemono's true form may be an animal — such as a fox (kitsune), a raccoon dog (tanuki), a badger (mujina), or a transforming cat (bakeneko) — the spirit of a plant — such as a kodama — or an inanimate object — which may possess a soul in Shinto and other animistic traditions. Obake derived from household objects are often called tsukumogami.
A bakemono usually either disguises itself as a human or appears in a strange or terrifying form such as a hitotsume-kozō, an ōnyūdō, or a noppera-bō. In common usage, any bizarre apparition can be referred to as a bakemono or an obake whether or not it is believed to have some other form, making the terms roughly synonymous with yōkai.[3]

Grandpa. Think of all the great conversations you can have then. "Grandpa just pee'd on the rug again so I locked him in the basement". Classic.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Isn't the name obvious? You must call it Gorbachov.

mikail.11.jpg

They must be related.[/QUOTE] Nice. But I'd just go with Mikhail.

Watch its behaviors and personality and find a name to match it. Give it an important name that means a bit more then "sir whitey McScary eyes" or whatnot.
Although Gorbachev is spot on imo. ;P
Theres no rule that says you have to name him right away. Take your time and get to know him before blessing him with a suitable moniker. :)

He's a very cute kitten! :)

[quote name='The Crotch']My brother named his cat "Captain Stinky Pants". He no longer uses that name, and simply refers to her as "Cat". I think we all agree that it is a marked improvement.[/QUOTE]

Same here. We always just call her cat instead of her real name "Azrael." (Gargamel's cat from The Smurfs and its fitting because she is indeed evil)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Same here. We always just call her cat instead of her real name "Azrael." (Gargamel's cat from The Smurfs and its fitting because she is indeed evil)[/QUOTE]

Yeah we would just call our (recently deceased :cry:) cat "Kitty."

[quote name='daphatty']Mrs. DaPhatty really liked Cotton. Gorbachov and DaCatty made me lol. :D Keep 'em coming. :)[/quote]

is mrs. daphatty wearing any clothes?

name the cat Skeezix.

We've had four cats -
Rocky - We got him in '88 and he just passed away late last year as documented by a thread on this board.
Zenith - We got her the day we won a big screen Zenith TV in November of '94 - the named seemed to fit, and she passed away in '99.
Gracie - Named after her 'graceful' manner of falling off of every surface in the house.
Spud - Kind of a random name, but it worked since she's a small fry, and seemingly always will be. She was Rocky's pal, and is now doing the things he did before he passed away.)

Gracie had two sons (and Spud's her daughter) who were named Tom and Jerry by a friend we gave them to. Both later ran out into the wilderness never to be seen again at different times.

If the kitten was mine and he appeared to be a book lover or even somewhat serious, I think I'd name him EeeBee after E(lwyn) B(rooks) White. If that didn't suit his personality, I also like the suggestion for Gorbachov a lot even though it's a mouthful. You could always call him Gorby for short.

bread's done
Back