Catherine: Love is over Deluxe Edition (360/PS3) $69.99 at Amazon.com

Hahaha, holy crap. People thought this was going to be rare, too. I'm actually surprised myself due to it being Atlus.

LOL. And I can add 999 to my cart....I think I'll just wait for Black Friday on these, Amazon might get desperate to clear these out at some point hopefully. My ideal price would be $40 :lol:

If they have this many copies and dropping the price on an Atlus special edition then that's the final nail in the coffin that, yes, I am waiting on the Uncharted 3 CE.

Wasn't it $60 on day one at Fry's?

Also this dotw can't be a coincidence after the first Catherine tournament stream went up tonight. Catherine for EVO2012

[quote name='Kitoro']Made to order my ass![/QUOTE]

I don't know why anyone believes this shit anymore. They say this about sooo many things simply to get larger preorder numbers. I'm surprised a gamer hasn't tried suing a company for false advertising yet.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I don't know why anyone believes this shit anymore. They say this about sooo many things simply to get larger preorder numbers. I'm surprised a gamer hasn't tried suing a company for false advertising yet.[/QUOTE]

because its a crapshoot on what IS made to order. I.e. try finding a copy of hyperdimensional neptuna right now. Its really hard to guess what will be buyable later at a discount and what wont be.

And here I sit with my unopened love is over edition I bought on release day hoping it was gonna become rare and make a profit. Finally I can open that crap and play it. Like he said, made to order my ass...(opens the damn package)

No surprise there. I posted as much in the original Catherine pre-order thread. No way was the "Love is Over" edition going to be as rare as some thought it would be.

I'm still amazed that there is still an impression of Atlus premium editions being valuable, when not one game of theirs this gen (except Demon's Souls) has seen the kind of price increase common from their PS2 games (which has been negated thanks to their own reprints of the stuff anyway).

[quote name='Kenshindono']because its a crapshoot on what IS made to order. I.e. try finding a copy of hyperdimensional neptuna right now. Its really hard to guess what will be buyable later at a discount and what wont be.[/QUOTE
I actually found a great deal at a pawn Shop, NEptunia, Trinity Universe and Ar Tonelico Ps3 all complete for $45 total, For $20 more i got Uncharted 1 and Pokemon Black. So there is hope.
Also back on topic, there was $20 "promotion" applied to my order and with the FSSS it came up to $54 and change, Not Sure what It was applied for But I am definitely not complaining!

[quote name='Buuhan1']I don't know why anyone believes this shit anymore. They say this about sooo many things simply to get larger preorder numbers. I'm surprised a gamer hasn't tried suing a company for false advertising yet.[/QUOTE]

Because you go ahead and prove that they didn't have the preorders and made them +reasonable extra stock for potential damage. And then argue that there weren't enough people who preordered and cancelled. Yep, let's subpoena the records of amazon, gamestop, etc just for a frivolous lawsuit. That makes total sense.

So sick of everyone instantly going to the legal card at every opportunity.

Bah. Back on topic, I'm gonna wait this one out as well. Totally cool CE but if there are 999+ left, this is a black friday sale for me.

Pretty much the same price with NEWCUSTOMER10 + this game on Newegg. Amazon isn't always free shipping + no tax for everyone. Just a reminder, so I'm going to wait till it hits at least $60.

[quote name='ithebigc']LOL. And I can add 999 to my cart....I think I'll just wait for Black Friday on these, Amazon might get desperate to clear these out at some point hopefully. My ideal price would be $40 :lol:[/QUOTE]

xbox is down to 983, put ps3 still has over 999 in stock

[quote name='chingychink2005']And here I sit with my unopened love is over edition I bought on release day hoping it was gonna become rare and make a profit. Finally I can open that crap and play it. Like he said, made to order my ass...(opens the damn package)[/QUOTE]

Of course, another person trying to make a damn profit off someone who just wants to play this and add it to their collection, like me. Don't care about the made to order, I just want the goodies and to enjoy the game.

Anyway, not a bad drop. Get it, people.

ill bite when it hits 40. I can put it my every growning backlog of collectors editions waiting to be played.

on a side note how do you check stock levels on amazon items? ive never seen anything that gives total units left.

I've been saying this for a while. I love Atlus for taking risks but I honestly don't like how they basically keep pounding the whole "OMG, it's gonna be so RARE!!! BUY IT NOW!!!" thing with every game.

The game's not really my thing (from the demo and from what I've read/seen) but I'd bite if it ever drops to $40.

I really am shocked to see how many people have said "waiting for black Friday" over the last several months. Seems people think every single game and CE will be over half price at every retailer on the planet, and they'll all have a ton of stock of everything.

This is what black friday really is if you are buying something that isn't clothes: ass ton of black Friday ads come out. Most have 1-3 holy shit deals on the front and everything else is nothing better than the sales in any weekly ad. There is always a lot of "this tv/ipad/blu ray player is $100 off! (still costs $800)". Then, the real good deals that black Friday is for some reason known for work out like this:

People show up at best buy and walmart at 3 am to get the 90 inch hd tv that normally sells for $7000 and is marked down to $400 for the day. But the companies don't want to lose all sorts of money. So the night before, the entire stock of the sale item, with the exception of 1-2 units is moved to the back for the day, and they hide the in stock quantity in their inventory look up so they can show demanding customers "see! It's all sold out!".

2 lucky people get their item, the other 3000 in the store don't want to leave empty handed so they buy the video game that's marks $5 off or the last gen iPod nano that's marked 70% off.

Black Friday sucks.

Not to make your rant completely useless, but when people say Black Friday on here I think many of them are banking on Amazon. They not only have their own BF deals, but for the last 2 years or so they've been matching all the major B&M deals too.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I really am shocked to see how many people have said "waiting for black Friday" over the last several months. Seems people think every single game and CE will be over half price at every retailer on the planet, and they'll all have a ton of stock of everything.

This is what black friday really is if you are buying something that isn't clothes: ass ton of black Friday ads come out. Most have 1-3 holy shit deals on the front and everything else is nothing better than the sales in any weekly ad. There is always a lot of "this tv/ipad/blu ray player is $100 off! (still costs $800)". Then, the real good deals that black Friday is for some reason known for work out like this:

People show up at best buy and walmart at 3 am to get the 90 inch hd tv that normally sells for $7000 and is marked down to $400 for the day. But the companies don't want to lose all sorts of money. So the night before, the entire stock of the sale item, with the exception of 1-2 units is moved to the back for the day, and they hide the in stock quantity in their inventory look up so they can show demanding customers "see! It's all sold out!".

2 lucky people get their item, the other 3000 in the store don't want to leave empty handed so they buy the video game that's marks $5 off or the last gen iPod nano that's marked 70% off.

Black Friday sucks.[/QUOTE]

someone is bitter about a slow connection on black friday.

Surprising that a company like atlas would print too many copies of a game. You would think they'd know that their game wouldn't sell to well.

[quote name='naruto98']Surprising that a company like atlas would print too many copies of a game. You would think they'd know that their game wouldn't sell to well.[/QUOTE]

so many things wrong with this post

[quote name='ssjmichael']Not to make your rant completely useless, but when people say Black Friday on here I think many of them are banking on Amazon. They not only have their own BF deals, but for the last 2 years or so they've been matching all the major B&M deals too.[/QUOTE]

Amazon>all

Also, you did make his rant useless.

[quote name='Vinny']I've been saying this for a while. I love Atlus for taking risks but I honestly don't like how they basically keep pounding the whole "OMG, it's gonna be so RARE!!! BUY IT NOW!!!" thing with every game.

The game's not really my thing (from the demo and from what I've read/seen) but I'd bite if it ever drops to $40.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe that no one remembers Steal Princess. Atlus sends out a newsletter with the "OMG this is going to be our lowest-print game ever so get your preorder in TODAY!!!!" message and even charges $35 instead of the usual $30 for DS games. It proceeds to have such a printing surplus that it's sub-$10 in a few months.

Anymore they just create a panic by sending a really small first wave of a game to retailers that instantly sells out. When the inevitable second print comes out a few weeks later, people who would otherwise be on the fence jump on the "BURRRR! It's gonna be rare, yo!" wagon and Atlus sells more than they otherwise would have with a single, adequate print run. It's happened with stuff like Crimson Gem Saga, Hexyz Force, and Radiant Historia, among others. Though they did go back to the old tactic of straight-up misrepresenting scarcity with Catherine: Love is Over.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Not to make your rant completely useless, but when people say Black Friday on here I think many of them are banking on Amazon. They not only have their own BF deals, but for the last 2 years or so they've been matching all the major B&M deals too.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I kept seeing so many CAGs say they don't bother going out and stuff so last year, I decided to do the same and I'm glad I did. Amazon matched every single deal and I didn't have to bother with all the assholes who had too much "Christmas spirit".

[quote name='fwbweux']Though they did go back to the old tactic of straight-up misrepresenting scarcity with Catherine: Love is Over.[/QUOTE]

And Devil Summoner 2 ("we'll only have enough to cover early pre-orders, maybe"). And SMT Nocturne ("we swear, no more reprints!").

[quote name='confoosious']someone is bitter about a slow connection on black friday.[/QUOTE]

actually I havnt done any black Friday shopping online or otherwise in years

[quote name='Vinny']And Devil Summoner 2 ("we'll only have enough to cover early pre-orders, maybe"). And SMT Nocturne ("we swear, no more reprints!").[/QUOTE]

Hah, Nocturne. I guess keeping their word to customers was nothing in the face of that GameQuestDirect money :roll:

Ironically, for the few Atlus games this gen that actually did become rare like My World, My Way and Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, there wasn't a peep concerning potential rarity in any promotion leading up to their release.

i'm waiting :) its a fantastic game but im cheap , lets go $30 on black friday, i want that shirt but hmmm isnt it a XL , grrrrrrr

I'm sure Amazon has decent deals and it's cool that they price match. But it seems like people think that one way or another to get virtually every halfway decent/known game that has come out since janurary for half price on black Friday.

It's fine and good to check out the deals and try and get in on them, but I have seen a ton of people essentially relying on black Friday to get half the games they want this year.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm sure Amazon has decent deals and it's cool that they price match. But it seems like people think that one way or another to get virtually every halfway decent/known game that has come out since janurary for half price on black Friday.

It's fine and good to check out the deals and try and get in on them, but I have seen a ton of people essentially relying on black Friday to get half the games they want this year.[/QUOTE]

You're right about that. I think BF just represents the possibility of "what if" for any game that someone wants. They could get it now, but "what if" it was cheaper on BF. They just don't want to have buyers remorse over having paid more now versus the chance, albeit small that it would be cheaper on BF

Actually last year Amazon didn't price match everyone on Black Friday like they had in years past. DVD and Blu Ray movies for example never reached Wal-Mart's Black Friday prices. I picked up Dark Knight on Blu Ray on BF last year for 5 bucks at Wal-Mart, but it never got cheaper than 12 on Amazon. Based on this I would say that it's likely they will price match even less this year.

[quote name='spmahn']Actually last year Amazon didn't price match everyone on Black Friday like they had in years past. DVD and Blu Ray movies for example never reached Wal-Mart's Black Friday prices. I picked up Dark Knight on Blu Ray on BF last year for 5 bucks at Wal-Mart, but it never got cheaper than 12 on Amazon. Based on this I would say that it's likely they will price match even less this year.[/QUOTE]

I never said they matched every single deal that a B&M store had...

[quote name='spmahn']Actually last year Amazon didn't price match everyone on Black Friday like they had in years past. DVD and Blu Ray movies for example never reached Wal-Mart's Black Friday prices. I picked up Dark Knight on Blu Ray on BF last year for 5 bucks at Wal-Mart, but it never got cheaper than 12 on Amazon. Based on this I would say that it's likely they will price match even less this year.[/QUOTE]

Just checked my purchase history for Nov 26. The Dark Knight, 12.99 minus 8.00 Lightning Deal. Same for Batman Begins.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I never said they matched every single deal that a B&M store had...[/QUOTE]

SSJ is right. But honestly they matched damn near every decent price out there. If I remember right I think I got Batman on Blu for under $10 which means that I didn't have to leave the house to go to Walmart and have several other items bought at the same time it was well worth it.

So Amazon is where I will be posted this Black Friday (and I think more and more are doing the same)

[quote name='Stevothepro'][quote name='Kenshindono']because its a crapshoot on what IS made to order. I.e. try finding a copy of hyperdimensional neptuna right now. Its really hard to guess what will be buyable later at a discount and what wont be.[/QUOTE]
I actually found a great deal at a pawn Shop, NEptunia, Trinity Universe and Ar Tonelico Ps3 all complete for $45 total, For $20 more i got Uncharted 1 and Pokemon Black. So there is hope.
Also back on topic, there was $20 "promotion" applied to my order and with the FSSS it came up to $54 and change, Not Sure what It was applied for But I am definitely not complaining![/QUOTE]

you found SEALED copies of Neptunia, ect at pawn shops for 45 bucks? If so you should have bought them

anyway a few of you have said that none of the Atlus games have actually become rare. Not true at all. Radiant historia's first print is hard to find and pricy. I had to drive quite a ways to get one since i waited a bit. Good luck finding one now at a reasonable price. I still cant find a copy of Hexyz force, or Crimsongem saga new for less than about 60 bucks now. Same problem with my world my way and a few other games. I had to get a used copy of that one, and it was missing the manual. I really dont know what you people are talking about. There's plenty of games they made that are hard to find.

The problem here, like i said, is that its a crap shoot. You never know what WILL and WONT be rare. I assumed this one would be, so i got one from amazon at full price and one from fry's when they had it on sale. I do regret the full priced amazon purchase now, but oh well

[quote name='fwbweux']I can't believe that no one remembers Steal Princess. Atlus sends out a newsletter with the "OMG this is going to be our lowest-print game ever so get your preorder in TODAY!!!!" message and even charges $35 instead of the usual $30 for DS games. It proceeds to have such a printing surplus that it's sub-$10 in a few months.

Anymore they just create a panic by sending a really small first wave of a game to retailers that instantly sells out. When the inevitable second print comes out a few weeks later, people who would otherwise be on the fence jump on the "BURRRR! It's gonna be rare, yo!" wagon and Atlus sells more than they otherwise would have with a single, adequate print run. It's happened with stuff like Crimson Gem Saga, Hexyz Force, and Radiant Historia, among others. Though they did go back to the old tactic of straight-up misrepresenting scarcity with Catherine: Love is Over.[/QUOTE]

big difference there with your small first run, big reprint theory. Im not sure aobut crimsongem saga, or hexyz force, but the Radiant historia had a unique special edition first print that is rare now. Hexyz force and Crimsongem saga are just hard to find in general. I still need new copies of them. Do YOU know a place i can get them new for like 25ish bucks? I dont think so.

hexyz force
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/psp/hexyz-force

crimson gem saga
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/psp/crimson-gem-saga

people need to stop talking out their asses. Theres a lot of atlus games that are rare and expensive to find new these days. I know because theres quite a few on my to buy list that are still sitting there since they cost too damn much. Hexyz and CGS are tow ive been keeping an eye out for a while now, i wish i got them back when they were cheaper on amazon

[quote name='Kenshindono']you found SEALED copies of Neptunia, ect at pawn shops for 45 bucks? If so you should have bought them

anyway a few of you have said that none of the Atlus games have actually become rare. Not true at all. Radiant historia's first print is hard to find and pricy. I had to drive quite a ways to get one since i waited a bit. Good luck finding one now at a reasonable price. I still cant find a copy of Hexyz force, or Crimsongem saga new for less than about 60 bucks now. Same problem with my world my way and a few other games. I had to get a used copy of that one, and it was missing the manual. I really dont know what you people are talking about. There's plenty of games they made that are hard to find.

The problem here, like i said, is that its a crap shoot. You never know what WILL and WONT be rare. I assumed this one would be, so i got one from amazon at full price and one from fry's when they had it on sale. I do regret the full priced amazon purchase now, but oh well

big difference there with your small first run, big reprint theory. Im not sure aobut crimsongem saga, or hexyz force, but the Radiant historia had a unique special edition first print that is rare now. Hexyz force and Crimsongem saga are just hard to find in general. I still need new copies of them. Do YOU know a place i can get them new for like 25ish bucks? I dont think so.

hexyz force
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/psp/hexyz-force

crimson gem saga
http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/psp/crimson-gem-saga

people need to stop talking out their asses. Theres a lot of atlus games that are rare and expensive to find new these days. I know because theres quite a few on my to buy list that are still sitting there since they cost too damn much. Hexyz and CGS are tow ive been keeping an eye out for a while now, i wish i got them back when they were cheaper on amazon[/QUOTE]

Like so many of your posts, you are confused. Hexyz Force and Crimson Gem Saga are both out of print and have been for a while. Hexyz Force is a year and a half old and Crimson Gem Saga was released over two years ago. Had you purchased them within the first six months of release, they both hit as low as $15 each at Fry's and Amazon. Having said that, they are still only hitting $40 or so at open auction and $50-$60 from the usual rip-off BIN flippers on Ebay. Not rare and not valuable considering they had a release MSRP of $30 to begin with. People buying any modern video game because they think it will become valuable are just plain stupid. Buy games because you enjoy them because for every game that goes up in value or holds its value, there are dozens more that just as quickly drop to well below MSRP and in some cases, are worth pennies on the dollar.

[quote name='bojay1997']Like so many of your posts, you are confused. Hexyz Force and Crimson Gem Saga are both out of print and have been for a while. Hexyz Force is a year and a half old and Crimson Gem Saga was released over two years ago. Had you purchased them within the first six months of release, they both hit as low as $15 each at Fry's and Amazon. Having said that, they are still only hitting $40 or so at open auction and $50-$60 from the usual rip-off BIN flippers on Ebay. Not rare and not valuable considering they had a release MSRP of $30 to begin with. People buying any modern video game because they think it will become valuable are just plain stupid. Buy games because you enjoy them because for every game that goes up in value or holds its value, there are dozens more that just as quickly drop to well below MSRP and in some cases, are worth pennies on the dollar.[/QUOTE]

I dont buy them to resell them, I buy them to collect. I'm saying the issue is whether you should buy their games at launch or several months to years later hoping for a price drop. The problem is you dont know what will actually be rare and what wont be. People are claiming that no atlus games are rare this generation, and im saying thats BS. There are plenty that have gone up in price

And the fact that the games a year and a half old doesn't change anything. Theres tons of games older than that that are way cheaper. You know what else is about a year and half old and is still balls cheap? Mimana: Iyar Chronicle. it goes for less than 20 bucks most of the time. Lots of games go out of print, the question is how rare they will be at that time and how much stock there is when they do.

It seems there wasn't much stock for crimsongem or Hexyz force. And a lot of Atlus games are hit and miss on what has a surplus and what does not.

[quote name='Kenshindono']I dont buy them to resell them, I buy them to collect. I'm saying the issue is whether you should buy their games at launch or several months to years later hoping for a price drop. The problem is you dont know what will actually be rare and what wont be. People are claiming that no atlus games are rare this generation, and im saying thats BS. There are plenty that have gone up in price

And the fact that the games a year and a half old doesn't change anything. Theres tons of games older than that that are way cheaper. You know what else is about a year and half old and is still balls cheap? Mimana: Iyar Chronicle. it goes for less than 20 bucks most of the time. Lots of games go out of print, the question is how rare they will be at that time and how much stock there is when they do.

It seems there wasn't much stock for crimsongem or Hexyz force. And a lot of Atlus games are hit and miss on what has a surplus and what does not.[/QUOTE]

While not directly tied to or effecting rarity , but it can factor into things is digital releases of games (mostly PSP games as of now). While Hexyz force and Crimson Gem Saga might be rare (or uncommon whatever) that only really matters if your collecting them or just want to play them. You said you collect them so I can understand your frustration , but for me while I am potentially interested in collecting them , simply being able to play them is more important , so being readily available on PSN for a reasonable price works out just fine for me. I think companies like Atlus , NIS , XSeed , ect. have the most to gain from DD since there's less potential risk involved and more to gain from fans who just want to be able to get and play the games without worrying about them going OOP or becoming rare.

Sorry for the mini-tangent , didn't end up sounding as good as I thought it would.

As for the thing with the Catherine CE (and other whatever Editions) the way(s) to look at it (and I'm assuming most people look at it) are:
1. What's the (extra) cost of the package compared to what you are getting?
2. Do you actually care about most of the stuff included?
3.. Are you going to be playing the game right away or is it going right into the backlog?

In this case for me , $20 was too much for what I was getting , I didn't really care about the extra stuff (beyond the soundtrack , which was included with the standard edition) and I was probably going to be throwing it right into the backlog (at the time it came out). Now $10 seems more fair and I'm more likely to play the game now rather than wait. Might still wait to see if it'll drop to at least $60 though.

[quote name='StarKnightX']While not directly tied to or effecting rarity , but it can factor into things is digital releases of games (mostly PSP games as of now). While Hexyz force and Crimson Gem Saga might be rare (or uncommon whatever) that only really matters if your collecting them or just want to play them. You said you collect them so I can understand your frustration , but for me while I am potentially interested in collecting them , simply being able to play them is more important , so being readily available on PSN for a reasonable price works out just fine for me. I think companies like Atlus , NIS , XSeed , ect. have the most to gain from DD since there's less potential risk involved and more to gain from fans who just want to be able to get and play the games without worrying about them going OOP or becoming rare.

Sorry for the mini-tangent , didn't end up sounding as good as I thought it would.

As for the thing with the Catherine CE (and other whatever Editions) the way(s) to look at it (and I'm assuming most people look at it) are:
1. What's the (extra) cost of the package compared to what you are getting?
2. Do you actually care about most of the stuff included?
3.. Are you going to be playing the game right away or is it going right into the backlog?

In this case for me , $20 was too much for what I was getting , I didn't really care about the extra stuff (beyond the soundtrack , which was included with the standard edition) and I was probably going to be throwing it right into the backlog (at the time it came out). Now $10 seems more fair and I'm more likely to play the game now rather than wait. Might still wait to see if it'll drop to at least $60 though.[/QUOTE]

Playing the game in the boxers holding the pillow makes it more realistic.

bread's done
Back