CC announcing PS3 GH's for $29.99 (7/27 ad?) with scan of games page of CC ad

AoA

Ace of Aces
I didn't find this myself but found a link to it and didn't see one here at CAG.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/us-greatest-hits-ad/916460/full/

along with this

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/12/kmart-ad-reveals-possible-us-greatest-hits/

I'm guessing the week of July 27th? since Soul Calibur IV is listed coming out on Tuesday (the 29th I believe)

PS3 Warhawk 29.99
PS3 Motorstrom 29.99
PS3 RFOM 29.99

Turns out 360 Space Chimps is also on sale for 29.99
PS2 RockBand is 99.99
PSP Lego Indy is 29.99
PSP FF7AC(?) is 29.99

Did I scoop Speedy by blind dumb luck and having no life that I'm surfing the web on a sunny day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the 11th? Ah well, I'll still consider myself to be incredibly cool and omniscient.
I did put it on the main deals page and I had a scan for the CC ad.

I'm giving myself a +1 for effort

Sweet, I have been waiting for a price drop on some of the PS3 exclusives so I can get something to keep MGS4 company on my shelf. I'll definitely be picking up Resistance. Too bad Ratchet & Clank isn't included (yet).

If you own a PS3, and not Rock Band. It would make more since to buy the PS2 bundle for $99, and buy the PS3 game using the 25% off coupon at GameStop. PS3 Rock Band on the cheap! ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, these are some piss-poor games to call "greatest hits"...[/quote]

Warhawk... piss-poor? :whistle2:?:shock:

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, these are some piss-poor games to call "greatest hits"...[/quote]

Wow, that's kind of harsh. None of them are A+ titles, but all are very solid games and some of the more popular ones in the PS3's brief history. My only issue is that Warhawk should be $20, considering the disc-only version was already $40.

[quote name='fatez']the warhawk in the ad includes the headset?

edit: those greatest hits covers look like hd dvd covers. :x[/QUOTE]

1) No.

2) Ha. It's the same shade of red, it appears. :lol:

I'll hunt down a copy of RFOM before the GH cases flood the market. Yech, I'm oneathem OCD types that hates GH/PH/whatever the fuck Nintendo calls their bullshit price drops that don't exist on titles packaging. I have fewer than 10 games out of several hundred that are GH - and those that are are out of necessity (DMC3 SE, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, etc.).

Mostly I'm glad these are dropping to $30 on the hopes of getting a decent deal on these games used. I agree with everybody that the new cases are awful and I hate adding GR's to my collection. If a retailer did a buy 2 get one free that would be a pretty decent deal for all these games too. I was hoping that Uncharted and Heavenly Sword would be added. Resistance/Uncharted/Heavenly Sword on a B2G1F for $60 on those three would be great.

[quote name='AoA']I didn't find this myself but found a link to it and didn't see one here at CAG.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/photos/us-greatest-hits-ad/916460/full/

along with this

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/12/kmart-ad-reveals-possible-us-greatest-hits/

I'm guessing the week of July 27th? since Soul Calibur IV is listed coming out on Tuesday (the 29th I believe)

PS3 Warhawk 29.99
PS3 Motorstrom 29.99
PS3 RFOM 29.99

Turns out 360 Space Chimps is also on sale for 29.99
PS2 RockBand is 99.99
PSP Lego Indy is 29.99
PSP FF7AC(?) is 29.99

Did I scoop Speedy by blind dumb luck and having no life that I'm surfing the web on a sunny day?[/quote]

CC street dates them at 7/28 as posted in the ongoing thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190045

I suspect there will be another batch of GH titles come Oct or Nov, and I would imagine that Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted will be on that list as well as at least one super kid friendly title

wow I'm a complete idiot thought it was for guitar hero for ps3 and I kept looking at the ad going I don't see guitar hero for $29.99 lol. But back on topic I hope they have more than 3 titles

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, these are some piss-poor games to call "greatest hits"...[/QUOTE]

Dude, I can't speak for Motorstorm, but Warhawk is great, and Resistance is amazing.

I'll probably get Motorstorm, even though I hear it's shitty. Someone confirm :lol:

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']wow I'm a complete idiot thought it was for guitar hero for ps3 and I kept looking at the ad going I don't see guitar hero for $29.99 lol. But back on topic I hope they have more than 3 titles[/QUOTE]
You and me buddy :lol:

Greatest Hits is a misnomer. In actuality it's not about quality, but selling enough copies where a pricecut won't hurt profits.

Another PS2 Rock Band sale.. I wish they'd do that price on the 360/PS3 version instead!
Or maybe at this point, it's better to wait for RB2.
But $100 is tempting...

I bought Resistance brand new for $29 shipped 8 months ago on ebay :lol:

Resistance has been cheap as hell on ebay for the last 12 months. Same thing for Motorstorm where I bought it new for $40 shipped sometime last year!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I'll probably get Motorstorm, even though I hear it's shitty. Someone confirm :lol:
[/QUOTE]

The multiplayer's alright, but the single player is painfully average.

Too bad the PS3 greatest hits are not $20 like last gen, that would really stick to Microsoft. (I want to see it happen mostly because I could get cheaper 360 games, but I plan to get a PS3 someday too)

[quote name='mykevermin']I'll hunt down a copy of RFOM before the GH cases flood the market. Yech, I'm oneathem OCD types that hates GH/PH/whatever the fuck Nintendo calls their bullshit price drops that don't exist on titles packaging. I have fewer than 10 games out of several hundred that are GH - and those that are are out of necessity (DMC3 SE, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, etc.).[/quote]

i'm gonna be doing the same thing. gonna rush out and buy a normal case once the price of resistance drops to $30.

Just bought both Motorstorm and Resistance used with the Gamestop coupon. Resistance was $25ish and Motorstorm was $13.

Both were mint and complete and motorstorm was the retail, not bundle version.

[quote name='Dezuria']Another PS2 Rock Band sale.. I wish they'd do that price on the 360/PS3 version instead!
Or maybe at this point, it's better to wait for RB2.
But $100 is tempting...[/quote]
Or maybe better to wait for the new guitar hero, the drum setup looks great for it

[quote name='freakyzeeky']If you own a PS3, and not Rock Band. It would make more since to buy the PS2 bundle for $99, and buy the PS3 game using the 25% off coupon at GameStop. PS3 Rock Band on the cheap! ;) [/quote]

So everything from the Rock Band PS2 Version will work on the PS3 as long as you get the Rock Band PS3 disc ? I have a 40 gig, so I can't play PS2 on my PS3. Thanks

[quote name='fshaia']So everything from the Rock Band PS2 Version will work on the PS3 as long as you get the Rock Band PS3 disc ? I have a 40 gig, so I can't play PS2 on my PS3. Thanks[/quote]

Another bonus to getting the PS2 bundle is that it includes a USB hub (which you'll need since the 40GB PS3 only has 2 USB ports). The PS3 Rock Band bundle doesn't come with a USB hub. :(

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Another bonus to getting the PS2 bundle is that it includes a USB hub (which you'll need since the 40GB PS3 only has 2 USB ports). The PS3 Rock Band bundle doesn't come with a USB hub. :([/quote]

That, and you can sell the PS2 Rock Band game for some money back in your pocket ;)

[quote name='Shady3011']Will the Warhawk SKU that comes with the headset also be affected when the GH line roles out?[/quote]

This will be dependent on a store by store basis since they will have different SKUs and ring up differently per store. So each store can do what they want since technically Sony hasn't dropped the MSRP of the version with the headset since this GH version doesn't include it.

I'm glad to see Resistance finally dropping. Now that it is dropping I see promos on the horizon to where you can get Resistance:FOM for an even cheaper price with purchase of Resistance 2.

Actually, if those of you wanting Resistance for $30 wait until August to get the game, you COULD drop it to $19.99 by using the $10 off coupon in the Kmart flyer that's slowly making it's way to stores, since I think that the coupons ONLY work from 8/1 to 8/31.

If I can convince a friend of mine to let me use their scanner, I'll try and get a scan of the coupon up in the thread I made about the flyer.

Oh and if I remember correctly, I believe Heavenly Sword was another possible Greatest Hits title that was coming out, along with 1-2 more whose names elude me right now.

Hmmm the regular edition games are always dropped in price with the GH/PH releases, I wonder if the bluetooth Warhawk will see the same drop, or not because it'd be a diff SKU than the "game only" version. I'd like to look into that... maybe I'll snag one and keep it sealed for a week until I can find out...

[quote name='daminion']Just bought both Motorstorm and Resistance used with the Gamestop coupon. Resistance was $25ish and Motorstorm was $13.

Both were mint and complete and motorstorm was the retail, not bundle version.[/quote]

Same here. also got Warhawk for $20 after 25% off coupon and edge. Buying used at GS would save everyone here $$$$ and would not have to settle for HD-DVD look alike cases. Oh yeah and obiously Blu-Ray discs don't scratch up. So finiding a good disc is always the case.

I was gonna get a used copy of Warhawk at GS, but I think I'll wait. The CC ad doesn't show the 29.99 games with the GH cases. I'm thinking I will try and get CC to ring up the headset version of Warhawk and see what they say. If that doesn't work, I could try and take the CC ad to BestBuy and have them price match the headset version with the CC ad. The Warhawk headset box from the front looks the same as the Warhawk game only box right?

[quote name='D_Icon']I was gonna get a used copy of Warhawk at GS, but I think I'll wait. The CC ad doesn't show the 29.99 games with the GH cases. I'm thinking I will try and get CC to ring up the headset version of Warhawk and see what they say. If that doesn't work, I could try and take the CC ad to BestBuy and have them price match the headset version with the CC ad. The Warhawk headset box from the front looks the same as the Warhawk game only box right?[/quote]

That's a good idea, but the Warhawk headset box is bulkier and the cover says it comes with a headset. If the BB employee looks closely (most of the ones I encounter usually do) they might notice it.

bread's done
Back