CC- Save $5-$20 on ALL games??

usickenme

CAGiversary!
This wasn't mentioned in the ad thread but my Circuit City print ad has a banner on the top of the gaming section saying " save $5 to $20 on all video& PC gaming software". I haven't been out yet to confirm.

"To report specific findings at CC, please use THIS TOPIC in the deals forum."
-CheapyD

I see it in mine too, it would be good to see if anyone could confirm this somewhere.

Yea, guys I looked at the ad through circuitcity.com and realized that the $5-$20 off is referring to the games in the ad. For example, you save $5 on splinter cell because its listed as $15 in the ad as opposed to the usual $20 ph price, and the $20 refers to the $30 copy of shrek. Nothing to get excited about, unfortunately.

[quote name='Togepy']Actually it says Save $5-$20 an ALL games. It doesn't say it has to be in the ad.[/quote]

Yeah and some of the games are even full price in the ad, so your not even saving the $5 on those.

^Exactly, how could you be saving $5-$20 on all games if youre not saving any money on some of the games in the ad, are they not included in the word all?

[quote name='jmon22'][quote name='Togepy']Actually it says Save $5-$20 an ALL games. It doesn't say it has to be in the ad.[/quote]

Yeah and some of the games are even full price in the ad, so your not even saving the $5 on those.[/quote]

It says "before savings" under/next to the ones that are full price, so you save on them also.

Sorry Togepy, I didn't see the before savings. It would be nice if circuit city wouldn't be so darn vague about this stupid savings thing.

I'm getting ready to go out to Circuit City so I'm going to check some game prices. Hopefully, I will be able to find some good stuff that's $20 off. I'll come back and list the prices of the games I check. We can start compiling a list.

No problem, they probably did that so some people think they'll save $20 on one of those games, but they'll actually only save $5. I hope some cheap games are $20 off... this could be $5 games #2.

CC always does these vague sales, like their 10- 20% off all clearence games thing back a couple weeks ago. I go in there with the ad, go to the clearance bin and ask a guy if these are the games with the 10%-20% off, he says yeah, I ask him to scan a couple as the tags are all the same price as they have been for weeks, he comes back and says they are scanning at the same price as the tag says and the 10-20% refers to the discount from the original release price and the marked prices reflect that. Same prices they had been for weeks. Kinda false advertising if you ask me. Yeah, Activision Anthology was originally released at $39.99, but is now $19.99 msrp, their price was $19.99 so that was the big "markdown".

It is $5 per game on every game. Just picked up Midnight Club 2 for Xbox for $15. Stasky & Hutch for Xbox is $5.

It's not just $5 on every game, but probably the majority of them.

[quote name='michael6668']It is $5 per game on every game. Just picked up Midnight Club 2 for Xbox for $15. Stasky & Hutch for Xbox is $5.[/quote]

For the Circuit City's that do have the Classic NES games in stock already, has anyone scanned the price of any of the other Classic NES games besides the three that were advertised to see if they are also 5$ off?

They'll be $5 off. Every video game in the store is somewhere between $5 and $20 off. It's pretty safe to say that the Classic NES games will only be $5 off.

[quote name='jimbodan']For the Circuit City's that do have the Classic NES games in stock already, has anyone scanned the price of any of the other Classic NES games besides the three that were advertised to see if they are also 5$ off?[/quote]

So any word on the games that are $5 dollars before this sale yet. It would be nice if someone went and bought Haven for Ps2 to see what happens.

Eh, I kind of like the idea of just talking about the deal in one dicussion and stated the actual deals and what the different people got in another. IMO, though probably no one agrees with me.

[quote name='jmon22']Eh, I kind of like the idea of just talking about the deal in one dicussion and stated the actual deals and what the different people got in another. IMO, though probably no one agrees with me.[/quote]

I agree too, I think it saves some clutter on the list thread, although it seems like no one is actually posting on that thread

Yeah, I was hoping we'd get a lot of people that would go and price check some games because I know there have to be some deals out there. I figured if we all just checked some games, then we'd be able to find the best cheap stuff. I guess since you actually have to do some work to find out the prices, people are going to be less likely to check.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='jmon22']Eh, I kind of like the idea of just talking about the deal in one dicussion and stated the actual deals and what the different people got in another. IMO, though probably no one agrees with me.[/quote]

I agree too, I think it saves some clutter on the list thread, although it seems like no one is actually posting on that thread[/quote]

I went there today and price gaurenteed 2 games I bought yesterday before I knew about the sale today. They gave me back $11.00 total ($5.00 for each game plus 10% of the difference) so that was nice. If you all have bought games from there within the last 30 days, take your reciept in and you will get back minimum $5.50 a game back. Most every game that's not advertised in their ad is $5.00 off, the ones that are more than $5.00 off are the advertised games. But still, not a bad deal, got a bunch of games for $14.99 that are normally $19.99 that I've been wanting for some time.

[quote name='jboy']This must be Circuit City's response to the Best Buy Gamer Gift Card.[/quote]

Good for us then, since they discount the games, and we can use the BB GGC too.

[quote name='Noonan768']I bought Timesplitters 2 for xbox and got 5 bucks off. ($15)....[/quote]
Did WSB make you that avatar? It looks like his but flipped and recolored, but it's good none-the-less though.

[quote name='Trevor'][quote name='jboy']This must be Circuit City's response to the Best Buy Gamer Gift Card.[/quote]

Good for us then, since they discount the games, and we can use the BB GGC too.[/quote]

My Circuit City has taken a GGC before on an item from that week's CC circular (Xbox controller S $29.99 -> sale $19.99 -> $14.99 GGC), but will someone post about their experience trying to get them to accept that on top of this $5?

Also, I'd like to know if this means FSW is $45 + $10 gift card (probably not though).

Actually, yes (FSW for $45 + $10 gift card) I was just in the store today and they had sign that said exactly that. Looks like every game is at least $5 off

For $14.99 each I picked up:

Brute Force - Xbox
Breakdown - Xbox (Already had Dead to Rights)
Freedom Fighters - Xbox
Midnight Club II - Xbox
Castlevania - PS2

Well, since I don't have a circuit city anywhere near me ( I live in the middle of nowhere) I have to try to work this deal via their website. It seems that only 1 in 10 games were correctly marked down on the site. Here is my conversation with them via live chat.

The session has been accepted.

{Rohan}
Thank you for choosing circuitcity.com, how may I help you today?

{mike}
I noticed on your web site that all video and pc games are save
$5-$20. I do not see a price reduction on Final Fantasy XI.

{Rohan}
I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

{Rohan}
Please wait for a moment.

{Rohan}
Thanks for your patience.

{Rohan}
Just to confirm, are you referring to Final Fantasy? XI (PC), is
that correct?

{mike}
no, for the playstation 2

{Rohan}
Thank you for the information.

{Rohan}

{Rohan}

{mike}
sure

{Rohan}
Mike, unfortunately due to some technical difficulties on our web
site the instant savings prices are not listed below some of the
game titles. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience caused.
Despite our efforts to ensure that the information on our web site
is accurate, complete and current, there may be instances when
information about a Product contains inaccurate or incomplete data,
including data about the Product's price or availability.

{Rohan}

{Rohan}
I have forwarded this issue, please be assured that the error will
be corrected at the earliest.

{mike}
do you have any idea how much the discount will be?

{Rohan}
No Mike. I would request you to check the prices of the games
titles after 24 hours.

{Rohan}
The information will be updated soon.

{Rohan}
Your patience and cooperation is highly appreciated on this matter.

{Rohan}
Would you like assistance with anything else today?

{mike}
no thanks, thats all the "help" I can use at the moment...

The visitor has ended the chat session.

{Rohan}
Mike, thank you for visiting circuitcity.com.

Basicly the big FU from circuit city.... It's been more than 24 hours.. wanna take a wager to see if it has been updated by the time you read this post? Doubtfull..

[quote name='"mrpotatohed"']Well, since I don't have a circuit city anywhere near me ( I live in the middle of nowhere) I have to try to work this deal via their website. It seems that only 1 in 10 games were correctly marked down on the site. Here is my conversation with them via live chat.

{Rohan}
Thank you for choosing circuitcity.com, how may I help you today?

{mike}
I noticed on your web site that all video and pc games are save
$5-$20. I do not see a price reduction on Final Fantasy XI.

{Rohan}

{Rohan}

{Rohan}

{Rohan}
Just to confirm, are you referring to Final Fantasy? XI (PC), is
that correct?

{mike}
no, for the playstation 2

{Rohan}
Thank you for the information.

{Rohan}

{Rohan}

{mike}
sure

{Rohan}
Mike, unfortunately due to some technical difficulties on our web
site the instant savings prices are not listed below some of the
game titles. Please accept my apology for any inconvenience caused.
Despite our efforts to ensure that the information on our web site
is accurate, complete and current, there may be instances when
information about a Product contains inaccurate or incomplete data,
including data about the Product's price or availability.

{Rohan}

{Rohan}
I have forwarded this issue, please be assured that the error will
be corrected at the earliest.

{mike}
do you have any idea how much the discount will be?

{Rohan}
No Mike. I would request you to check the prices of the games
titles after 24 hours.

{Rohan}
The information will be updated soon.

{Rohan}
Your patience and cooperation is highly appreciated on this matter.

{Rohan}
Would you like assistance with anything else today?

{mike}
no thanks, thats all the "help" I can use at the moment...

The visitor has ended the chat session.

{Rohan}
Mike, thank you for visiting circuitcity.com.

Basicly the big FU from circuit city.... It's been more than 24 hours.. wanna take a wager to see if it has been updated by the time you read this post? Doubtfull..[/quote]

I had almost the identical response when I did the same thing yesterday.

Well here is round 2 of the circuit city battle. I guess I lose :D

{Sam} Hello Mike. Thank you for choosing circuitcity.com, how may I help you today?
{Sam} Please go ahead with your concern and I would be more than happy to assist you.
{mike} Yesterday I spoke with Rohan about your $5-20 off all video games.
{mike} I was interested in buying Final fantasy XI for the PS2. He told me that the price was an error and would be corrected within 24 hours. it is not
{Sam} Could you give me a moment while I look it up for you?
{mike} sure
{Sam} Just to confirm, are you referring to the Final Fantasy™ XI with Hard Drive (PlayStation®2) Brand/Model: UPC 711719726623 or the Final Fantasy™ XI (PC) Brand/Model: SQE 662248903071?
{mike} the one with the Hard drive for the Playstation 2
{Sam} Thanks for the confirmation.
{Sam} Kindly allow me a moment while I provide you with the necessary details.
{mike} sure
{Sam} I understand your time is valuable, please stay online while I provide you with the required information.
{mike} ok
{Sam} Thanks for waiting. I appreciate your patience...
{mike} sure
{Sam} Mike, I regret to inform you that the $5 to $20 savings offer on all video & PC gaming software is only applicable for an In-store purchase.
{mike} Then why are there many games listed online as $5 off?
{Sam} I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you due to this.
{Sam} Mike, I truly understand and share your concern.
{mike} Well, I obviously will have to shop somewhere else. thanks anyway
{Sam} I would suggest that you visit your nearest Circuit City store and check the prices there.
{mike} That will prove to be difficult as the closest store is three thousand miles away...
{Sam} Once again I am truely sorry and I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you due to this. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

user has ended the session.

I got sonic mega collection for $15, got back on my bike and took the ad into best buy to pricematch Halo(xbox) for $20, used the gamer card to bring the price for halo down to $15.

Money spent on sonic mega: $15 + tax
Money spent on Halo for xbox: $15 + tax

money spent on gas: $0.00 :D

As for getting a deal on ff XI for ps2, just take the fry's weekly ad that has ff xi with hard drive for $70 in to some place like circuit city or best buy and have them price match it. problem solved

bread's done
Back