CC's in stock guarantee + Skate launch day move to Thursday = $20 GC?

The nerd behind the counter said a smart ass remark along the lines of "I don't approve of this" and handed me my card without saying thank you or anything. This is the same jerkoff that wouldn't give me 25% off a clearance game when that was going on. I swear the Circuit City near my store has the worst customer service I have experienced in any store in my 19 years of existence.

I went into the CC in Littleton, Colorado at about 3:00 PM and I got the gift card. They had the ad correction right above the glass case they keep the 360 games in, but the guy didn't notice it.

no luck at one of the ones near me. the correction was posted in front of the register. the cashier mentioned it almost right away.

wish i filled up my gas and left earlier, i'd have made the trek to the one a little farther but the opposite way from my place. had too much work to do. :(

Asked if they had skate, guy looked at his comp, said no he didn't, showed him the ad, he took me to customer service, and the manager gave me the $20 giftcard. Got this at the CC at Bolingbrook in IL

I guess I shouldn't have even bothered at 7:00, but what the hell, I was busy the rest of the day. They basically came up with the lie that "it was here earlier today" and the manager herself even "sold one." I said I called earlier around like 3:00, which I did, and they said they didn't have it yet. They told me if I was here then, I would have got the card. I told them it said in fine print it's gaurenteed from 2:00 to closing, but then he showed me on his screen it says 2:00-5:00. Yeah because customers have access to their computer system to see that information, riighhtt.

So yeah, they lied and said it was there instead of just getting the story straight and finding out it was delayed. I wouldn't mind at all if they did tell me that, I'd actually be happy that the employees knew their shit for once. At the end of all their lieing, I really wanted to tell em the game hasn't even shipped yet so they're full of it, but then that would have blown my cover wouldn't it? Hell it's Circuit City and we all know they suck, I really should have told them now that I think about it.

Just got back from CC a little P.O'd cause it's like a half hour away. Asked if it was in stock they said no so I ask for the Gift Card and they tell me to go to the serivce desk. I go up there tell the person I get the gift card he gets a manager and he tells me no, "We had them in stock at 2pm but sold out right away" !@#$ers

in NYC...

well here is my CC story. went to CC @ 1230pm and asked one of the reps if they had Skate. looked in the system and was like nah. so i asked about the giftcard, and he was like check back @ 2pm then. so i came back @ 340pm & ask about the game, one of the reps is like yea we have that it was in the back i seen it, he comes back & is like we dont have it, so then i had to go to xyz & finally got it.

after 5pm, my two friends went in & asked also, & they said they were running around the stores ripping opening boxes trying to find the game. then they tried to say its 1 per customer, and my friend is like he & his g/f are separate pplz. i was dying when he told me this, because i just stayed outside. so there is two more giftcards.

while they are in there, i call one of my friends & tell her what happens, and she goes and gets herself one. she was like how one of the reps said "dont tell your friends we been having problems w/ this all day".

so in essence my CC got had for $80.
i guess my 2 friends are going to give me there giftcards so i guess i will be just paying the tax for Skate on friday. lmaooo.

[quote name='electronicmaji']Class action lawsuit anyone?[/QUOTE]

for what ?? it says right in the type the dates can change. This has probally happened 3 to 6 times this year alone and nothing became of the first times why would this be different

if you get one you lucky. if you didnt just try next time

it would be funny if they handed you a picture of the game and said

There the picture was here by 2pm .

i went today and i got the $20 GC at one store, i didnt see any notice about the delay. so i went to another one and they had the notice right by cashier so no luck with that. so i cant complain about getting one.

yesterday i got a GC for them not having the DK game, today for no skate and lets just hope they dont have the game for tomorrows deal. 60 bux in GC would be nice.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, after 1 hour of holding and 5 minutes of bitching they were forced to give me the $20 gift card. I also got another Halo 3 pre-order but this time it was at Best Buy and Limited Edition for the Best Buy launch party thanks to Bobby. After the launch party at Best Buy its off to Gamestop to pick up my Legendary.

5xebp7p.jpg

[quote name='slidecage']for what ?? it says right in the type the dates can change. This has probally happened 3 to 6 times this year alone and nothing became of the first times why would this be different

if you get one you lucky. if you didnt just try next time

it would be funny if they handed you a picture of the game and said

There the picture was here by 2pm .[/quote]

i think he was talking about the fact that they lied about even having it in the first place and selling out...i dont know if there could be a lawsuit but it is shady practice...they could just say that for every game a that they guarentee and never have to worry about giving out a giftcard

[quote name='eugaet']Got a $20 GC today at one location and a voucher for a $20 GC at the other because they couldn't figure out how to issue a gift card... o_O[/quote]Late update...went back by the second store to trade the voucher for the gift card. By this time, the staff had changed and the manager knew all about the manufacturer delay. He gave me the gift card anyway, though, because I had made two trips to that location, spent a total of 40-45 minutes waiting for them to find the game and figure out how to issue a gift card, and I had a voucher signed by the first manager that said I was to be given the gift card. He apologized for all the trouble.

We should keep the OP updated w/ how many gift cards they handed out this week...I'd like to see how high that number gets. :)

Great job CAG, and thanks for the heads up OP!

I had to wait around for half an hour for the dumb ass to look in the back.. but eventually they handed over the GC.

I told one of my friend about this yesterday, but he said the CC near him already had the no-go sign up yesterday! So I guess he didn't try again today...

All in all a great day to sitck it to CC!

THANK YOU OP!!!

fuck, I think I should've tried at around 7 tonight while passing by a CC. I didn't because I had a feeling they wouldn't give em out or would at least pussy their way out, so I didn't go in. But after reading how successful some people were, I think I should've gone in and tried. fuck!!

I went in about and grabbed an ad. Walked straight up to the counter and asked if skate was in. She smiled, said no, turned around and started ringing up a GC without me even asking.

I think she thought I was sexy, which made it easier. :cool:

Get this -

So I go in today and instantly see the notice on skate...damn. So instead of leaving, I figured I should try and see if NHL 08 came in...well, it didn't. I was pretty surprised. Ive been 0-6 on this damn guarantee and finally caught them. After waiting about 15 mins for them to find the game, they gave up.

Now it gets good.

NO ONE there knew how to ring up the free gift card (this CC is clueless, I am shocked they had the skate notice up). They offered me a 20 off rain check for nhl 08, but who wants that game? I wanted the 20 GC. Manger ends up writing some crap on her business card stating I am entitled to a 20 dollar credit for my next purchase. I asked them if this would work and if its legit and they pretty much promised me. Hopefully it comes through, other wise...

Anyway...thats CC for ye.

Was 1 for 2 today. The CC I went out of my way to get to gave me the giftcard. The one by my house already had the ad correction out (which I didn't see til after they pointed it out).

[quote name='kevzik']Get this -

So I go in today and instantly see the notice on skate...damn. So instead of leaving, I figured I should try and see if NHL 08 came in...well, it didn't. I was pretty surprised. Ive been 0-6 on this damn guarantee and finally caught them. After waiting about 15 mins for them to find the game, they gave up.

Now it gets good.

NO ONE there knew how to ring up the free gift card (this CC is clueless, I am shocked they had the skate notice up). They offered me a 20 off rain check for nhl 08, but who wants that game? I wanted the 20 GC. Manger ends up writing some crap on her business card stating I am entitled to a 20 dollar credit for my next purchase. I asked them if this would work and if its legit and they pretty much promised me. Hopefully it comes through, other wise...

Anyway...thats CC for ye.[/quote]

Haha I love it. You got lucky though. One time the manager wrote me a note on a piece of paper giving me $20.00 off The Bigs and only the bigs. Times are tough when a manager has to ask me for the ad so he can read the fine print.

OK, I may have lost count a few times going through this thread, but I counted 30 gift cards that were claimed. So of those that we know about, CC gave out $600 worth of gift cards. This includes a couple that were given out for the DK Jungle Climber game.

[quote name='Zhanmadao']all the circuit shitty in southern california aren't honouring the 20 dollar giftcard. fuck CC[/quote]

which ones did you go to?

[quote name='freshzen']Are they going to have Heavenly Sword today?[/quote]

Might be worth a shot...mine didn't get nhl 08 in yesterday.

I went to the one in Muskegon, MI yesterday and got it, then my wife went today and got it about 4:30, then my best friend went about 5:30 and they told him that it was only if they didn't have it the day of the release. He called customer service and some guy in India said that they would send him the card. We'll see.

I dont understand how they cannot honor this guarantee. So basically they can print the guarantee on their ad but if the game doesnt come in, they are off the hook as long as they put up a sign? Whats the point of the guarantee? Its a load of crap if thats all they have to do to be let off the hook.

[quote name='Apostle22']I dont understand how they cannot honor this guarantee. So basically they can print the guarantee on their ad but if the game doesnt come in, they are off the hook as long as they put up a sign? Whats the point of the guarantee? Its a load of crap if thats all they have to do to be let off the hook.[/QUOTE]

They're let off the hook if it's a manufacturer's delay. It's not their fault if the manufacturer didn't send them the stock in time. However, if CC screwed up somehow, then they would, theoretically, honor it. It makes sense, if you think about it. Would you want to be on-the-hook if something happened wasn't your, specific fault? Besides, they aren't obligated to have any guarantee in the first place. Every other store basically says "we get it when we get it".

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Besides, they aren't obligated to have any guarantee in the first place. Every other store basically says "we get it when we get it".[/QUOTE]

See, that's my issue with their "guarantee". If it's so hard to shell out some $20 giftcards, quit running the promotion. Don't try and lure people in and then have your staff bend over backwards to try and wiggle out of it. I understand that Skate is an exception but it's not like CC has ever been easy to deal with on the matter.

For example, some people have reported being kept waiting 20+ minutes at 2pm while CC digs around their stockroom, looking for a game that was supposed to be available at 2 pm. In that situation it sounds like the game wasn't "available" until 2:20 but you probably won't be able to get a giftcard out of the deal.

I'd much rather they go back to simply having big release games at $10 less than GS/Wal-mart the week it comes out. I know that was the case for Gears of War and LoZ:TP for the GC. I don't recall any big "out by 2pm" fiascos then and people wound up happy getting those games for less money.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']They're let off the hook if it's a manufacturer's delay. It's not their fault if the manufacturer didn't send them the stock in time. However, if CC screwed up somehow, then they would, theoretically, honor it. It makes sense, if you think about it. Would you want to be on-the-hook if something happened wasn't your, specific fault? Besides, they aren't obligated to have any guarantee in the first place. Every other store basically says "we get it when we get it".[/quote]

So why are they doing this in the first place then?

[quote name='Halo05']See, that's my issue with their "guarantee". If it's so hard to shell out some $20 giftcards, quit running the promotion. Don't try and lure people in and then have your staff bend over backwards to try and wiggle out of it. I understand that Skate is an exception but it's not like CC has ever been easy to deal with on the matter.

For example, some people have reported being kept waiting 20+ minutes at 2pm while CC digs around their stockroom, looking for a game that was supposed to be available at 2 pm. In that situation it sounds like the game wasn't "available" until 2:20 but you probably won't be able to get a giftcard out of the deal.

I'd much rather they go back to simply having big release games at $10 less than GS/Wal-mart the week it comes out. I know that was the case for Gears of War and LoZ:TP for the GC. I don't recall any big "out by 2pm" fiascos then and people wound up happy getting those games for less money.[/quote]

Dude, you kind of need to grow up. There is a reason CC is giving out less, there are soo many ppl get the giftcards then don't spend them on videogames which kind of defeats the purpose of this promo.

I'm not siding with CC just stating an obvious fact which they have already caught on to.

Then quit running the fucking promo. I'm sick of going in and having to fucking jump through hoops to get them to agree to their terms. I'm certainly not alone either. It happens every week where some people get in on the "free GC" thing while others run into obstinate douche CC employees who seem to be personally offended that someone is trying to take advantage of an advertised deal.

As far as not spending the GCs on videogames, I'm dying to know where you're getting that. The one time I managed to score a free giftcard (they didn't have Picross DS), it immediately went towards a Wavebird. This is "Cheap Ass Gamer", not "Cheap Ass A/V Equipment", I'm willing to bet that most people here wind up spending the giftcard on videogames.

[quote name='Halo05']
This is "Cheap Ass Gamer", not "Cheap Ass A/V Equipment", I'm willing to bet that most people here wind up spending the giftcard on videogames.[/quote]

LoL at your quote about CAG
I'm glad you do spend the money on games but I really wouldn't be suprised if some ppl stack their free cards and get something big.

.....NEW TOPIC......

has anyone gotten this yet game from CC?

[quote name='seen']LoL at your quote about CAG
I'm glad you do spend the money on games but I really wouldn't be suprised if some ppl stack their free cards and get something big.

[/quote]

If they're gift cards it's no one's business how you use 'em. CC should know that this could happen and not print the ads advertising this anymore if there's going to be a problem.

[quote name='Rozz']So why are they doing this in the first place then?[/QUOTE]

Sigh. Because if they (CC) screw up with the shipment, then they are going to make amends with the customer. If the manufacturer screws it up, then they aren't going to be held liable, hence the correction flyer in most of their stores.

I thought that was crystal clear in my post.

[quote name='Halo05']See, that's my issue with their "guarantee". If it's so hard to shell out some $20 giftcards, quit running the promotion. Don't try and lure people in and then have your staff bend over backwards to try and wiggle out of it. I understand that Skate is an exception but it's not like CC has ever been easy to deal with on the matter.

I'd much rather they go back to simply having big release games at $10 less than GS/Wal-mart the week it comes out. I know that was the case for Gears of War and LoZ:TP for the GC. I don't recall any big "out by 2pm" fiascos then and people wound up happy getting those games for less money.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if that's what they're doing, they you are 100% correct. It's one thing to place a correction in the store and not be on-the-hook for a manufacturer's delay, but it's entirely another to jerk a customer around. It should be cut and dry.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Sigh. Because if they (CC) screw up with the shipment, then they are going to make amends with the customer. If the manufacturer screws it up, then they aren't going to be held liable, hence the correction flyer in most of their stores.

I thought that was crystal clear in my post.[/quote]

Even if CC screwed up the shipment, judging how they went with the manufacturer screw up this time, it would be filled with tons of confusion and CC making excuses for not honoring the deal.

[quote name='Rozz']Even if CC screwed up the shipment, judging how they went with the manufacturer screw up this time, it would be filled with tons of confusion and CC making excuses for not honoring the deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately, you're probably right about that. My initial post was simply describing the policy in an "in theory" sort of way. Every store will be different, which shouldn't be the case.

[quote name='Rozz']If they're gift cards it's no one's business how you use 'em. CC should know that this could happen and not print the ads advertising this anymore if there's going to be a problem.[/quote]

True, I don't work for CC i'm just making a general business point. I do agree with what you are saying though.

has anyone's Circuit City received the game yet? i went yesterday & they didnt have it. and it doesnt say any of the stores have it on there website. =(

I know this is off topic since this post is about a different game, but I nabbed a $20 GC for them not having Tony Hawks Proving Ground for 360 in stock today @ 2pm.

First time I tried for a gc, first shot I got one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I know this is off topic since this post is about a different game, but I nabbed a $20 GC for them not having Tony Hawks Proving Ground for 360 in stock today @ 2pm.

First time I tried for a gc, first shot I got one.[/QUOTE]

i didn't know they offer it today...

Yeah, it was in Sunday's circular, which I didn't even check till I went into CC to check if they had any decent clearance games left around here.

I saw they had the Donkey Kong game for Wii from the circular, but not the Tony Hawk one.....so maybe this will become a weekly thing for me. :whistle2:X

But, what do you tell them if you find out they have the game, but it's in the back in a box someplace? That you were just price checking it?

bread's done
Back