Chasing Amy/Jay and Silent Bob/Clerks [3 Discs] Blu-ray $4.99 at Best Buy

Thought I got lucky at the Peoria, IL store.

Went in and didn't see the Blu Ray anywhere. Talked to Customer Service, who said there weren't any but, they could order it for me. Stepped down to another woman who started the process. Was there for ten minutes or so, even swiped my card...only to be told the system wasn't letting her order one. Couldn't be shipped and couldn't be found. Ugh.

Swiping the card and not getting an order ticked me off...gonna be watching my credit card statement even more closely than I already do.

[quote name='arcane93']If you want Mallrats on blu-ray now, it's out in the UK and it's region-free. Currently comes out to about $16 shipped to the US from Amazon UK. The transfer apparently leaves a bit to be desired, though, and it's totally lacking in extras, so I've been holding out in hope of a better US release...[/QUOTE]

What's odd is the HD-DVD release has most of the extras that's on the special edition DVD. It's missing the extended cut but everything else is there from what I can tell.

The Store Locator had none anywhere near me, but the one large Best Buy near me actually had one left, so I picked it up.

You know, I may pick up an empty 3 disc Bluray case and use it for the two Jersey Trilogies, assuming that the Clerks cartoon never goes Blu.

In stock for shipping again, managed to grab one this time. Thanks for the heads up, SonictheHedgehog1337.

[quote name='Sway']In stock for shipping again, managed to grab one this time. Thanks for the heads up, SonictheHedgehog1337.[/QUOTE]

I ordered, but got a backorder email. Thanks though!

So a few hours ago I got e-mailed saying "not available in store call our 888 number for more assistance." After 13 attempts of getting ahold of a live person including one attempt that left me on hold for 45 minutes after I did get an operator who "redirected" my call I got the most unsympathetic person you could imagine. At one point I asked for a supervisor since this person clearly didn't want to help me beyond repeatedly saying "well this is out of stock and its not in any near by stores." Clearly missing the point that by this point before I could get the proper person to help me I already spent one hour or so just trying to get to that point. Of course I got denied even speaking to a supervisor.

In the end I got shut down on getting this deal. My order is canceled. And allegedly I have a gift card on my way. Probably $5 or $10 on it if that even is coming my way at all. Ultimately I feel frustrated about this entire experience... and its for a freaking $5 Blu-Ray for that matter.

After not being able to pick up the one I had ordered when the deal first went live, I finally found one copy in my store. Saw it and immediately snatched it up, after thinking I would never find it in stock anywhere.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Finally showed in stock at my store. Ordered just now. :D[/QUOTE]

You know if they have 3 or less it won't show up in stock right. If your store is close enough you could have made the drive to check it out, that's what i had to do

[quote name='shadowkast']You know if they have 3 or less it won't show up in stock right. If your store is close enough you could have made the drive to check it out, that's what i had to do[/QUOTE]

From what the unenthusiastic person I spoke to made it sound like as if every store in my area is out of stock period.

[quote name='johnnypark']I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, and Chasing Amy is one my favorite movies ever, so for $5 I can't say no.

Jay & Silent Bob is really just a love letter to the other movies that came before it. If you don't love all of Kevin Smith's previous films, it doesn't have a leg to stand on.[/QUOTE]
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was the first one I saw, and I loved it. My friends were obsessed with it too without having seen any of the others.

This was when I was about 13 though so yeh, maybe we were easily amused. :p

Snagged my copy last night! The girl working the counter remembered me, and said they specifically ordered this copy for me. (Yet, they didn't notify me of it? Geez...)

Still, $5.33 for three movies I enjoy (on Blu) is great!

[quote name='Rig']Snagged my copy last night! The girl working the counter remembered me, and said they specifically ordered this copy for me. (Yet, they didn't notify me of it? Geez...)[/QUOTE]

She was probably trying to be nice and friendly about the whole situation. :lol:

Glad you got one in the end. And a gift card to boot. Not too bad for a little patience.

[quote name='Sway']It's in-stock for shipping again if anyone missed out.[/QUOTE]

Yup, glad I just checked back on a whim. It's been sold out of every store in LA since it was first reported...

[quote name='Sway']It's in-stock for shipping again if anyone missed out.[/QUOTE]

And again "shipping not available".

I thought I read on here that some people's sets were a big box set with each disc in an individual case. Picked mine up last night and it was just one standard size case with the 3 discs inside. I don't mind either way at this price. :)

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I just got one shipped this morning (Wednesday 10/24). If you are trying to get this better jump quick![/QUOTE]

and jump I did. Thank you.

In for one, since it's still in-stock for shipping. Gift card makes it easier.

Will probably trade in the single-disc copies I already have for Clerks & Jay + Silent Bob to drop the out-of-pocket price for Chasing Amy.

Anyone that is looking for this set in stores, DO NOT go buy the websites "check to see in stock at stores". I found this set in three different BB's around my area. All of them also placed this set under "K" (probably for Kevin?).

[quote name='salrmrcrey']Anyone that is looking for this set in stores, DO NOT go buy the websites "check to see in stock at stores". I found this set in three different BB's around my area. All of them also placed this set under "K" (probably for Kevin?).[/QUOTE]

One of my Best Buys has it under "K" but another had it under "C"

[quote name='LordVila']Mine is backordered as well.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing. As long as it actually ships I can deal with a 1-2 week lag to get three BD movies for $4.99 though. :lol:

Up for ordering again on .com no idea why since it sounds like some of you are waiting on back order why they are taking more orders unless if they just got them in and will be shipping soon. Oh and yes just ordered one.

Just did an in-store pickup on what could be possibly the last copy in NYC in a way out of the way BB only to find they have free shipping again. Sheesh. I guess a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush so just maybe it's worth the trip instead of taking a chance on all those backorders getting filled. Maybe.

[quote name='Sway']It's now $19.99. Hope everyone who wanted a copy got one.[/QUOTE]Let's hope so.

Or more appropriately, they fulfill all of the backorders.

Just happened to see this sitting on the wrong shelf yesterday at BB and remembered this thread. Picked it up for under 5 and will plan on watching Amy and Strike Back again. I bought Clerks when it first came to blu-ray but I have a buddy who I'm sure would love to have the extra one.

My copy said it was preparing to be shipped and now it claims it is back-ordered again. I'm getting even more nervous now since I ordered on the 24th.

[quote name='vivafriend5']My copy said it was preparing to be shipped and now it claims it is back-ordered again. I'm getting even more nervous now since I ordered on the 24th.[/QUOTE]Mine's also backordered, though I don't think it went into the shipment prep stage.

Hopefully they will fulfill like they should and ship out.

[quote name='shrike4242']Mine's also backordered, though I don't think it went into the shipment prep stage.

Hopefully they will fulfill like they should and ship out.[/QUOTE] I think mine is in the prep stage again.

bread's done
Back