Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
BBY has Disney Magical World on Clearance for $15 or $12 worth GCU.

Credit to the other thread where I saw it.

goHastings has brand new copies of Code of Princess for $15: http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Code-of-Princess/sku/289194933.uts

It's also on their eBay page with a slightly more expensive shipping cost (for me anyway): http://www.ebay.com/itm/3ds-Code-Of-Princess-Bndl-2012-New-Nintendo-3ds-/381022586253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b6b7458d
Any idea if this is the limited edition? I believe the second printing does not include the CD and artbook.

I would highly recommend this game, both my wife and I have it and love it. It's kind of a mix between Animal Crossing amdnd Diablo lite. Lots of items to craft and collect.
I was reading a review and they mentioned dungeon. Is there any fighting involved? Might have to buy this.

Darn, I really want Disney Magical World for that price but there aren't any copies available near me. I even checked my brother and cousin's zips in two other states and pulled up zip. 😞

Thanks. I guess it doesn't matter anymore because my fiancé already claimed it and started playing. Might pick up a second copy though.
That's kind of funny, my wife and I were at a TRU shortly after the game came out, we were talking to a Nintendo rep who was promoting the game and he mentioned it was "Diablo-esque." My wife is a huge Diablo fan, so it caught her attention. She immediately picked it up after playing the demo. I picked it up about a week after her after watching her play. XD

Be careful with gohastings. When I've bought "new" games from them in the past they were already opened. I contacted them and they said "new" doesn't mean sealed because it could have been a display copy. Horrible store..

Disney's Magical World was so awesome. I put about 80 ours into it. It is like Animal Crossing, with dungeon exploring, crop growing, TONS of character customization (outfits, hairstyles, shoes, hair accessories), shop customization (furniture, wallpaper, flooring). There's just so much to do, so many quests, so many things to craft. I loved it, and I bought all the DLC that added new worlds or quests. If they make a sequel, I will buy it day one.

Be careful with gohastings. When I've bought "new" games from them in the past they were already opened. I contacted them and they said "new" doesn't mean sealed because it could have been a display copy. Horrible store..
I've actually ordered several things from them in recent months(first order was a year ago), and have actually had rather good experiences. I think the only issue I ever had was with I game I ordered at Christmas, and it took a few weeks to ship, but every item I have ever gotten has been new and factory sealed. I have notice they offer used games on their site, so I guess they may mix up the inventory, but I've never had any issues(so far).

Darn, I really want Disney Magical World for that price but there aren't any copies available near me. I even checked my brother and cousin's zips in two other states and pulled up zip.
Guess I'm glad I ordered when I did since it was available for shipping at the time. You can probably blame BBY though since it looks like they were shipping orders from the stores on that one instead of from a distribution center. It's possible you may find a copy at the store or get Target or someone to price match it.

Gamestop says hi.
Brought Professor Layton and the Azran legacy from them and got a display copy. Box was slightly scratched up. They told me it was the last copy. I hate how they put stickers on even new games,good thing my stick came off without much residue on them. Is this game OOP, I watched it go up to $53 new on amazon before finally hitting $40 recently from 1 seller, thought it was a steal that gamestop still had leftover copies for $29 new.

Brought Professor Layton and the Azran legacy from them and got a display copy. Box was slightly scratched up. They told me it was the last copy. I hate how they put stickers on even new games,good thing my stick came off without much residue on them. Is this game OOP, I watched it go up to $53 new on amazon before finally hitting $40 recently from 1 seller, thought it was a steal that gamestop still had leftover copies for $29 new.
There's no way it went up in price without GS getting word of it! They should be charging $60 for it if true. ;)

DKCR3D is a great game, by the way. There are two different modes, and both are much harder than all of the Mario platformers I've played. The boss battles are pretty awesome, and the post-game is quite elaborate. My only complaint is that you can't switch Kongs like in the original series.

[quote name="umbry" post="12685520" timestamp="1431360927"]I picked up Dr Laurtec for $4.49 with (PUR) just to add to my collection[/quote]
Was it complete?

[quote name="umbry" post="12687037" timestamp="1431440963"]It was. Suprised that it was.
I was like win, another game for my collection.[/quote]
Awesome! I may have to check some of my gamestops for it. I rented it through gamefly a while ago and didn't think it was bad, just not worth retail. $5 is about right.

I was at a new 5 below near me and they had Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I don't Know, Crossword puzzle game, and a Beyblade game with a toy inside. I picked up the Adbenture time game but may go back. they are also all $5

Just updated new 3DS release dates
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure if "The Legend of Legacy - 10/13" is new to the OP but I hadn't noticed it before. It seems to me that game devs/pubs are starting to not try on game titles anymore. :)

Thanks for the update. I'm not sure if "The Legend of Legacy - 10/13" is new to the OP but I hadn't noticed it before. It seems to me that game devs/pubs are starting to not try on game titles anymore. :)
It was in the Hope it comes to the west then they annouced it at e3.

Its supposed to be a really good RPG.

It is wrote by the guy that wrote Chrono Trigger and a spiritual successor to the SaGa series and published by Atlus.

Here are some articles.

It is wrote by the guy that wrote Chrono Trigger and a spiritual successor to the SaGa series and published by Atlus.

Here are some articles.
It looks so good and has been on my radar recently as one of my more anticipated 3DS titles. The art and music alone will get me to buy it if it's not a complete train wreck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq9xa7TVfSk

Gameboy spinoffs of the Donkey Kong Country games. They're pretty good. I played and beat Donkey Kong Land II and III when I was a kid.

Donkey_Kong_Land_2_Coverart.jpg
Land is also the replacement word Nintendo uses to differentiate something being on a handheld instead of a home console. Think Metroid and Zelda are their only big franchises they haven't stuck Land on at some point.

Animal Crossing Land? Pokemon Land?
Fire Emblem Land. Star Fox Land. Has Nintendo even added "Land" to any portable series titles besides Mario and Donkey Kong?

Edit:

Clu Clu Land is a console title. Wario Land is used for both portable and console games. And, of course, Nintendo Land is a console title. Think just Mario and Donkey Kong have had "Land" attached for some portable entries, then.

Here are some articles.
It looks so good and has been on my radar recently as one of my more anticipated 3DS titles. The art and music alone will get me to buy it if it's not a complete train wreck.
I'm not knocking the quality of the game itself, but rather just what they named the game. It's a very uninspired title if you ask me, but it sounds like I should look into the game. :)

bread's done
Back