Cheap 3DS Games 2.0 - It's Back

umbry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (95%)
vqucrx.png

*image made by Pekola

It's back. 2.0. Slowly rebuilding the thread and searching for deals.
A thread for us to keep track of cheap 3DS games and upcoming releases and deals,
If you have any deals post them in the thread and I will try and update the OP.
Or if you have deal questions ask here and we will try and help you out.

SALE SECTION

Key

SALE = SALE / AD SALE
CLE = Clearance meaning YRMV

Amazon

Bravely Second: End Layer - $24.94

- Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash - $9.68

- Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $9.15
Final Fantasy Explorers - $14.99

LBX: Little Battlers eXperience - $8.85
Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale - $14.50

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - $12.53

Best Buy

Frys

GameStop

Target

Toy R Us

Walmart

GoHastings

UPCOMING 3DS Games Section

Monster Hunter Stories - 9/8
Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/15
Pokemon Gold/Silver - 9/22
Culdcept Revolt - 10/3
LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - 10/6
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 10/6
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond The Myth - 10/17
Pokemon Moon & Pokemon Sun -  11/17
Fire Emblem Warriors - 12/31
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - 3/31                                                                   
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux3/31 (pre-order now since it is $29)

Digimon Universe : Appli Monsters

Monster Tale Ultimate - TBA
Donkey Kong Land - TBA
Mighty No 9 - TBA
New Atelier Rorona - TBA
Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest - TBA

Hope for The West

Terry's 3D Wonderland
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3

e-shop Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I heard the game sucks but 5 dollars is a great deal plus it's Platnium.
No it's not. It's a SRPG done by Wayforward that somehow was even less funded and more rushed than the game Platinum did for consoles.

Still would like to pick it up at some point. Keep hoping it drops to like $5 at BBY for GCU.

Gamestop has cheap pretty good games.

Legendary Starfy 1.99

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword 2.99

Aliens Infestation 3.99

Lunar Knights 6.99

Star Fox Command 4.99

That is all.

[quote name="matrix9280" post="12819397" timestamp="1437505530"]Gamestop has cheap pretty good games.

Legendary Starfy 1.99
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword 2.99
Aliens Infestation 3.99
Lunar Knights 6.99
Star Fox Command 4.99

That is all.[/quote]
Complete or cart only? If you like having something on your shelf, it's worth the extra few bucks to find it complete. Some cases are hard to track down.

Complete or cart only? If you like having something on your shelf, it's worth the extra few bucks to find it complete. Some cases are hard to track down.
At those prices it matters not. Games are to be played not collected. Someone frequenting a site like this should know better.

[quote name="matrix9280" post="12819487" timestamp="1437507021"]At those prices it matters not. Games are to be played not collected. Someone frequenting a site like this should know better.[/quote]
Depends on who you talk to. I play and collect and like to get a good deal on games. This site is for all gamers, both collectors and non.

I was asking to give a heads up about the cases. I was buying up the cheap games at gamestop for a while and then decided I wanted the cases later. For quite a few of the games, it was cheaper to just buy it complete rather than pay for a case on eBay.

Let's just get them all out there:  http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-3ds?nav=28xp0,131a2-d3-50

I've been a maniac about getting cases for games, such that I might be inclined to by spare cases just in case I find a game that doesn't come with one.  But now, especially with with :3ds: and :vita: games I'm starting to think that cases just get in the way.

Except for SB cases, those you gotta catch'em all.

EDIT:  Left out DS games --> http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-ds?nav=28xp0,1386

Anyone here played Fantasy Life yet?

Debating on returning my Fantasy Life and Zelda ALBW I got during the BF deal thingy for $42.Xx and spending that cash toward MGS PP

Not sure tho lol

Debating on returning my Fantasy Life and Zelda ALBW I got during the BF deal thingy for $42.Xx and spending that cash toward MGS PP

Not sure tho lol
Don't do it, it's a tarp.

But I have no real love for MGS.

Not sure tho lol
I got it at launch. It's a great game. Very good vibes, great art direction, music, dialogue. Gameplay is somewhere between a mundane life simulator such as Animal Crossing and a typical combat-oriented RPG. You choose your role, or "life," and you explore surrounding areas to complete different tasks and missions. You can switch to a new role at any point from what I recall, but it's more rewarding to stick with one for a good amount of time before changing. It's fun and relaxing, just don't expect a hardcore RPG experience.

I got it at launch. It's a great game. Very good vibes, great art direction, music, dialogue. Gameplay is somewhere between a mundane life simulator such as Animal Crossing and a typical combat-oriented RPG. You choose your role, or "life," and you explore surrounding areas to complete different tasks and missions. You can switch to a new role at any point from what I recall, but it's more rewarding to stick with one for a good amount of time before changing. It's fun and relaxing, just don't expect a hardcore RPG experience.
I picked up Fantasy Life this week and agree with this opinion. It's fun and it's made for an excellent change of pace from playing The Witcher 3. It's also good for playing in short bursts.

I know this is the game thread, but any deals on the actual handheld right now?

This whole "new" thing has got my head spinning. Everytime i think i find a good deal its just the older version (i wouldnt mind if cheap enough)

I know this is the game thread, but any deals on the actual handheld right now?

This whole "new" thing has got my head spinning. Everytime i think i find a good deal its just the older version (i wouldnt mind if cheap enough)
There rarely are on the systems themselves. I know there was a thread about some cheaper older model systems directly from Nintendo. If you have time to regularly check the AWD thread you may find a New one cheap eventually.

I recommend keeping an eye on cowboom....though it seems they usually only sell used 3DS systems and not sure if they usually have specials on New 3DS systems (hate the naming so much!).

Thanks for the info it much appreciated. AWD and cowboom were the 2 places I was checking, but still more than I wanted to pay for a used older model.

Its for my wife and she's not much of a gamer, so I'm up in the air about paying so much for one :whistle2:k  :lol:

I ended up getting a used regular 3ds with 3 games and a case for $90 .... Still unsure if it was that good of a deal, but everything else was $100+ with some BS games (if any)

I got mariokart 7, and 2 sonic games. Figured those are the games she would gravitate towards anyway.

Target by me had 3ds games 50% off clearance.
I got three copies of one piece red for $10.
Legend of Korra and doodle jump were also $10.

The Target Sunday ad should have some good deals, including Dream Team for 19.99.  Use cardpool for an extra discount if you're hip to that. 

Whoa, Etrian Mystery Dungeon has been creeping up in price on Amazon... and now it's all the way back to $39.99 if you don't count 3rd party! That's what I get for waiting for it to hit $19.99.

Whoa, Etrian Mystery Dungeon has been creeping up in price on Amazon... and now it's all the way back to $39.99 if you don't count 3rd party! That's what I get for waiting for it to hit $19.99.
That frequently happens to Amazon listings, and if the same pattern holds, it will drop again. Yeah, $20 was my price too.

Gohastings has some really cheap 3ds games right now.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game- 4.96
Jewel Master: Cradle of Rome 2 - 3.99

Shifting World- 3.99

Asphalt 3D- 4.99

Super Monkey Ball 3D- 6.58

Angry Birds trilogy- 7.50

Angry Birds Star Wars- 7.50

Sonic Lost World 14.98

Additionally, Use the code SMILEWEEK to get B1G1 free on the cheaper game for every 2 games you buy.

Gohastings has some really cheap 3ds games right now.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game- 4.96
Jewel Master: Cradle of Rome 2 - 3.99

Shifting World- 3.99

Asphalt 3D- 4.99

Super Monkey Ball 3D- 6.58

Angry Birds trilogy- 7.50

Angry Birds Star Wars- 7.50

Sonic Lost World 14.98

Additionally, Use the code SMILEWEEK to get B1G1 free on the cheaper game for every 2 games you buy.
Don't forget that the shipping price is $2.28 per game. You're better off buying more expensive games than you are cheaper ones.

This may be already known, but I found a Power Pak for original 3DS at Gamestop for $.97. Very convenient, since I discovered that mine had died at some point while I was recently preparing for a long outing.

I recently found a sealed copy of Crush 3D for 2.99 / 2.69.  Was this a good game, or just good CN coins fodder?

I recently found a sealed copy of Crush 3D for 2.99 / 2.69. Was this a good game, or just good CN coins fodder?
Actually its a fun game for that price. Well worth it. I'm surprised Gamestop still has copies of that game since they converted to used what seems like ages ago.

Actually its a fun game for that price. Well worth it. I'm surprised Gamestop still has copies of that game since they converted to used what seems like ages ago.
THIS is the reason when I travel to new lands (or at least more than 50 miles from home) I like to stop in and see what treasures they have. I also bought Sniper Elite V3 CE :xb1: for $29.99, but that is less rare and probably still a little over-priced.

THIS is the reason when I travel to new lands (or at least more than 50 miles from home) I like to stop in and see what treasures they have. I also bought Sniper Elite V3 CE :xb1: for $29.99, but that is less rare and probably still a little over-priced.
Yeah, I've been considering picking up Sniper Elite V3 CE but I will likely risk it and see if it will convert to used. A lot of local stores still seem to have it in stock.

Not a deal but saw an announcement that Picross 3D 2 is coming out for the 3DS in Japan. Let's hope it gets released in the West soon. The first is my favorite puzzle game ever and one of the best DS games.

Not a deal but saw an announcement that Picross 3D 2 is coming out for the 3DS in Japan. Let's hope it gets released in the West soon. The first is my favorite puzzle game ever and one of the best DS games.
O0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o, totally agree. That sounds exciting!

bread's done
Back