Cheap Games at Target via Amazon: VF5 (360) $15, Rainbow Six Vegas (360) $10 added

[quote name='ChernobylCow']The Darkness is from the guys that made The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Too bad there isn't a PC version of this game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='zenintrude']it's not scary at all... not close to the level of either of the condemneds. and you don't really play a bad guy, per se... you play a guy who's out for revenge after he gets screwed over by the mob. it's much more similar to say, max payne, than condemned.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BigT']I remember picking up The Darkness for 1 cent at one of those "$10 off any game" B&M Microcenter deals a few months back... best cent that I ever spent. With side quests it's >12 hours of gameplay and a pretty good story.

The setting is reminiscent of Condemned, you do visit hell, there are crazy homeless people who come after you with knives, and random people try to mug you... so some parts are creepy... but once your Darkness powers are upgraded, you become so strong that you can easily slice through everything the game throws at you...[/QUOTE]

Hmm...well, hopefully it won't creep me out. Thanks guys!

[quote name='darknight88']wish this deal was for the PS3. :([/QUOTE]

Well I'm almost glad it's only for one system, but not for any good reason. I've become completely incappable of deciding which format to standardize on, and I'd probably still be going "hmm...Playstation? Xbox? Playstation? Xbox?" AAAAAHHHH

But I'm weird :D

[quote name='necrojustice']To whoever complained, I beat Condemned 2 and it was great up until the last section.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the game wasn't good-I'm guessing it was really well made. It's just too gross for me. You'd have to pay me to play it. I can't watch "slasher" type movies (is that what they're called?) and I don't like GTA and especially Saint's Row either. Not that they aren't all probably really well made, I just can't stomach them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally liked the demo but then just forgot about the game soon after. At this price, it has my attention again...in for one.

awesome find. i even had $4 left over in my amazon account from a giftcard i'd apparently forgotten about, so my total wound up being $4.77 :)

Going to get Darkness at this kind of steal, but Diner Dash is not $3, its more like $14 and not being offered through target.... at least not anymore

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Boo. Not eligible for free Prime shipping.[/quote]
At least we are all eligible for local state taxes.

Just got an e-mail from Amazon:

"Hello from Amazon.com.

We wanted to let you know that there is an unexpected delay with your video game order (Order# ) you placed on October 17 2008 22:05 PDT. Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

"The Darkness" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 10/27/2008 - 10/29/2008

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
"

Not that it is really THAT big a deal, I mean with my game backlog & all. But, just want to make you guys aware.

[quote name='Grimm Fandango']Yeah I got that delay email too.

I'm fine with it personally as I've got enough to play right now.[/quote]

I got the same email as well and my order was put in on Saturday I dont really care as long as the thing comes in the window they gave and does not get delayed again...

I got it too. No big deal. Particularly as my backlog is ginormous thanks to Toys R Us' crazy deals this year!

EDIT: Plus I'm not playing any 360 games until after the update when it won't sound like a space shuttle launch is happening next to my TV.

[quote name='Grove']Going to get Darkness at this kind of steal, but Diner Dash is not $3, its more like $14 and not being offered through target.... at least not anymore[/QUOTE]

love to go dinner dash for 4. well 8 after shipping

I hope NCAA basketball 2008 for the ps2 falls to 5 or under

Anyone order Heavenly Sword during last week's deal and actually get it yet? Mine supposedly shipped on Wednesday but when I check tracking via Amazon or USPS site, it says unavailable. I know USPS tracking isn't great but I usually get some sort of acknowledgment for the order by this time. I'm hoping Amazon actually shipped it and didn't get lost in the mail.

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']I've heard some negative things about this game (game too short, throwaway plot) but I've heard the game-play was fun so I think I'm gonna bite. Thanks, OP!

Anyone know if this game's been given trophies or not?[/quote]

Uh, which game are you talking about?

[quote name='Derrick1979']I got the same email as well and my order was put in on Saturday I dont really care as long as the thing comes in the window they gave and does not get delayed again...[/QUOTE]

I re-ordered The Darkness thru Newegg since they got it for $7.99 w/ free shipping. I got tired of waiting on Target to ship and canceled my Amazon order. Also saved a few cents in the process. ;)

[quote name='wolve']I re-ordered The Darkness thru Newegg since they got it for $7.99 w/ free shipping. I got tired of waiting on Target to ship and canceled my Amazon order. Also saved a few cents in the process. ;)[/quote]

Is it a new copy or a used one from Newegg?

[quote name='mcdaking84']wtf my heavenly sword shipment has been in lansing since the 18th. how long could it take to get to east lansing?[/quote]

USPS tracking really sucks. Most of my packages go through Allen Park, but my Heavenly Sword when through Detroit for some reason. I normally receive it two days after it's reported at the sorting facility.

The tracking system also won't say when it out for delivery, only that it's been delivered. However, this is updated at the end of the day so you'll normally know it was delivered by having it in your hands before the tracking will tell you anything.

[quote name='V878']Anyone order Heavenly Sword during last week's deal and actually get it yet? Mine supposedly shipped on Wednesday but when I check tracking via Amazon or USPS site, it says unavailable. I know USPS tracking isn't great but I usually get some sort of acknowledgment for the order by this time. I'm hoping Amazon actually shipped it and didn't get lost in the mail.[/quote]
Got mine on Monday.

I finally decided to try the Darkness demo, kind of liked it, and now it's out of stock on Amazon, and up to 9.99 at Newegg... I guess I don't want it THAT much.

Just got another e-mail from Amazon asking me to "re-confirm" my order:

"Items not yet shipped:
We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item. It will ship separately. You can cancel at any time.
1 of: The Darkness
Sold by: Target.com/ITC
"

I would just cancel & get it from Newegg, but I am using an Amazon GC. Sooo.. It's free. ;)

bread's done
Back