Cheap Games you're tempted to buy.

eldergamer

CAGiversary!
Each time I scour through the clearence racks of any store I always seem some of the same titles.
Future Tactics, Ford/Corvette/etc Racing, Big Mother Truckers 2 (!), Crossword Puzzles, Frogger's Toy Quest.

Should I give into my temptation and get these cheapies? After all, I ask myself. How bad can these games be for that price?

I buy the cheap ones that interest me. I hardly ever buy because it's cheap. unless i'm getting the game for like $1.99/$2.99

the Red Star!

it's only like $20 but I went to gamestop and they didnt have it.

I was sad coz I left empty handed, but glad that I still had my $20

I always want to pick up Dark Angel for PS2. Not the one based on the show. I'm a sucker for dungeon crawlers/hack and slash so I think I'll get $1.99 worth of fun out of it.

XIII

Cel-Shaded shooter, supposedly cool storyline. Adam West and David Gasman do voice acting. And I've seen it before for around 3 bucks. Don't know why I haven't picked it up yet.

[quote name='PyroGamer']XIII

(random blah blah blah to get the fucking "XIII" to stay in all caps)[/QUOTE]

I got XIII years ago for like 5 bucks at a Toys R Us clearance, and I rather enjoyed it. It sounds like David Duchovny is sleepwalking through it, but other than that I'd recommend it whole heartedly.

Personally, I've thought about Chulip and Red Star. I know that those aren't like $3 games, but they are at bargain prices.

[quote name='argyle']I keep looking at The Sopranos. I know the game is supposed to suck, but I figure I might get

I really love the show The Shield and thought hmm the game looks terrible, but the shield is such a great show. Maybe it is worth playing for the story, i'll definately pick this up at a garage sale someday for $1

Cel-Shaded shooter, supposedly cool storyline. Adam West and David Gasman do voice acting. And I've seen it before for around 3 bucks. Don't know why I haven't picked it up yet.[/quote]

It's alot of fun, I really love the style of the game.

Too bad there isn't a sequel - I want to find out what happens!

^I have XIII and really liked it so much that I wish there was continuation to the story!

I was thinking of Max Payne ($2.99) and Max Payne 2 ($1.49) at Gamestop.
Also, considering EAreplay for the PSP just because I missed out on getting a copy of the Haunting: Staring Polterguy.

Anyone have any other cheap recommendations that can easily be found at almost any Gamestop? GCN, XBX, PS2, PSP

Cel-Shaded shooter, supposedly cool storyline. Adam West and David Gasman do voice acting. And I've seen it before for around 3 bucks. Don't know why I haven't picked it up yet.[/quote]

dude, pick it up

its still a game me and my friends play as the multi still holds up pretty well (very good arcadey feel)

but id have to say...riddick, stubbs, and forza from gs but i have this feeling that all 3 will go down in price soon

[quote name='LilPaintballer']big mutha truckers is great.... for leveling out a table, or coasters for the game room. other then that no use for it, it is THAT bad[/quote]

Holy fuck did that game suck. I even tried to force myself to sit through the suckage to beat the game. I lasted 2 hours before I took the disc out and introduced it to my sledgehammer. I would've rather poked my penis with a branding iron several times over.

[quote name='Warner1281']Holy fuck did that game suck. I even tried to force myself to sit through the suckage to beat the game. I lasted 2 hours before I took the disc out and introduced it to my sledgehammer. I would've rather poked my penis with a branding iron several times over.[/quote]

Example B ^

There's a MicroCenter near me with Starsky&Hutch for PC for a dollar... me being a PC guy you'd think I'd drop a buck and spin it up.

I am going to join the otehrs and say XIII is awesome. Also, I just picked up Perfect Dark Zero CE for $12. That was a decent find!

See, I picked up Scourge for the DS for $9 new. Thinking, how bad could it be for $9? Or MotoCross Mania new for $4. Or Harvest Moon DS for $9. (Will I never learn?)

How bad could Ford Racing be? (all the excitement of racing ford brand cars with no rewards.)

[quote name='Chacrana']This is correct.[/QUOTE]

I 2nd Scorch's comments.

That being said, I think most of us are tempted to buy something because it's cheap. I think one thing can be disertained from threads like this, many of the "bad" games aren't anyone's favorite, some people still enjoy them.

So, if a game is very cheap and you think it might be fun, give it a chance. Sure, you'll get a lot of duds in the process, but finding those gems in between makes it all worthwhile.

I bought a lot of XBox 1 games because they were cheap and I never had an original XBox (Psychonauts, Jade Empire, JSRF) but I find that I have barely had time to even touch them with all the 360 games I have. I keep having to make myself not buy Crimson Skies everytime I see it used at EB for $3 because I know I'll never get around to playing it.

Nope, used to do that but after seriously playing some of them ( I know shocking!) I quickly start dumping those pieces of shit from my collection left and right, and let me also throw out there that Big Mother Truckers 2 is one of the worst games I have ever played, I paid 2 dollars for it and was pissed for a week after playing it

I like buying games in the $5 range that retailed for full MSRP ($39.99 - $49.99) rather than games that were released at budget prices of $9.99. Usually the ones that retailed for more are better quality with excpetions of course.

For some reason "future tactics" and "spy fiction" are always $9 or less and seem so tempeting. Or "monster bomber" for $9 for the ds.
I should know better....

I agree that cheap crap is still crap. I have bought games just because they were cheap. In the end you just want to get rid of them. But I also agree that some cheap games are fun. Which is why I do a little research before buying the game. I can admit that I enjoyed dbz sagas for $4 while it lasted.

I may be weird for saying this, but two of my most anticipated games this year are budget titles. One of them is King of Fighters XI (10/4) and the other is NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (10/23). Both will FINALLY come to the US for $19.99 apeice. Forget Halo 3, I am getting those two games Day One!

I sometimes have an urge to, and sometimes I acutally do buy it. But then I return it later because after I have it, I realize how much I didnt need it, and how that money can be part of tommorow's lunch.

I kept turning down Metal Gear Solid 3 for over a year at its $10 bargain value and finally gave in for $7 recently at Toys R' Us. I'm thinking of picking up Gunstar for GBA as well.

Good to see that I am not the only one anticipating Neo BC and KOFXI. It stinks because I have tried to preorder these at several Gamestops and they are not in the computer. I rarely ever buy games at gamestop (unless its a clearance), but I think these two games will be limited and go extremely quick.

For cheap games, (under $5 New) For every good one I find, I also find some crap. Good XII - Crap Drake, Good Area 51 - Crap Gladius (not really crap, most repetitive game Ive ever played)

bread's done
Back