Cheap Mice at EB Games (in store) major YMMV

rant

CAGiversary!
I do not know if this has been posted or not in the general EB thread (sorry, didn't have the time to scan 25 pages) but I found some dirt cheap mice for sale at the EB in Athens, Ga today.

The Athens EB had the Razer Diamonback (reg 49.99), the Logitech MX510 (reg 39.99), and the Logitech Wireless MX700 (orig retailed in the mid 60s but can be found now for around $30 now) for $9.99 each. The Razer and the MX510 are solid gaming mice and while not as nice as some of the new laser models they are well, well worth $10 bucks.

These items appear to be on sale in store only (I could not find any record of the mice on the website). Also, this is likely to be a major YMMV. The mice at my store were in the store's overstock at the far back of the store (still marked with their original prices).

Hope someone else gets a chance to grab these as well.

[quote name='rant']I do not know if this has been posted or not in the general EB thread (sorry, didn't have the time to scan 25 pages) but I found some dirt cheap mice for sale at the EB in Athens, Ga today.

The Athens EB had the Razer Diamonback (reg 49.99), the Logitech MX510 (reg 39.99), and the Logitech Wireless MX700 (orig retailed in the mid 60s but can be found now for around $30 now) for $9.99 each. The Razer and the MX510 are solid gaming mice and while not as nice as some of the new laser models they are well, well worth $10 bucks.

These items appear to be on sale in store only (I could not find any record of the mice on the website). Also, this is likely to be a major YMMV. The mice at my store were in the store's overstock at the far back of the store (still marked with their original prices).

Hope someone else gets a chance to grab these as well.[/QUOTE]

wow I might have to check this out. I definately would love to nab a diamondback if I could.

I have been playing with the diamonback all evening and I am floored by its performance so far. I have tested it with Civ 4, Far Cry, Call of Duty 2, and F.E.A.R and it has worked flawlessly with everything. I honestly never really thought a mouse would make that much of a difference but as of today I have been proven wrong.

I am now wishing I had purchased both of the Razer's they had in stock. I picked up the MX510 as well (one for my laptop and the other for my desktop) and it is also a fine mouse. I have not tested it with any games yet but just playing around I noticed a marked improvement over my MS mouse (which is a few years old).

Thanks OP - scored a Razor for myself and a Logitech MX510 for a friend. May go back for another Logitech tomorrow, if my wife tells me she wants one. $10 each, can't beat that! :D

Update -- apparently the Pistol Mouse FPS is also $9.99. Item # is 2552446

Link to info on it for those who haven't seen one:
http://www.monstergecko.com/products.html

This is actually about the best deal that I've seen on any sort of a vertical mouse -- a lot of the fancy ergonomic ones seem to run around $50-70ish.

There was some kind of a laser MS mouse there too, corded. Didn't get the model, and didn't check the price. Anyone seen one of these & know if it's marked down? I spoke with a coworker who's interested in one of the remaining logitechs so it looks like I may be going back tomorrow on my lunch break. If no one knows by then I'll check & see. :)

Hm... i'm interesting, but I don't really know what to ask for if I call. Cheap Logitech mice? I guess I'll just ask for the Logitech MX700 by name.

Are alot of people finding these at EB's, or is it like every 1 out of 10 EB's?

[quote name='argyle']There was some kind of a laser MS mouse there too, corded. Didn't get the model, and didn't check the price. Anyone seen one of these & know if it's marked down? I spoke with a coworker who's interested in one of the remaining logitechs so it looks like I may be going back tomorrow on my lunch break. If no one knows by then I'll check & see. :)[/QUOTE]

i saw that one too...it was marked 54.99 but i didnt ask them to scan it...can you check?

[quote name='TimTucker']It's showing up at $54.99 online, so I'm guessing that it's too new to be part of this clearance:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/259922.asp[/QUOTE]

Yup, I believe that's it. Oh well, I may have them scan it anyway but it's nice to know what to expect. ;)

As for how common it is, it really depends. I have an local EB that I refer to as "The EB that time forgot". Basically, if it goes on clearance at an EB I can usually find it there. They never seem to pull penny guides or get rid of other clearance items. The only big clearance item I can think of that I didn't find there but really wanted to was the Onimusha sword.

Unfortunately, this EB is in a mall that's closing soon, so I'm enjoying it while I can. :(

I tried several EB's in the area and have not found any mice yet. Going to try some more tomorrow though and may try and nab the pistol mouse since I did see one of those at a local EB.

This is somewhat of an old thread, but I figured this would be the best place to post about this -- the Pistol Mouse FPS has dropped from $9.99 to $3.99. I just picked up 2 of them at the store here (they were still marked at $9.99, but rang up at $3.99).

For those that still have them near you, it's definitely worth the buy at $3.99 -- the scroll wheel takes a little getting used to, but other than that they actually work really well for most FPS games.

I'm guessing that it's very likely that some of the other mice that had dropped to $9.99 have also dropped in price, but YMMV on that. Also highly YMMV on whether you can find any stores that still have any of these mice in stock.

good find, but this deal has been out since december lol. I picked up my mx310 and razorback for 10 bucks each around late dec. Still check ur eb area to see if they happen to have any, but i personally found that all the eb employees pretty much been taking them for themselves. (like usual)

Well today I pickup up both the diamondback and the wingman cordless controller for $3.99 each at the EB here (south florida).

bread's done
Back