cheap or reasonable priced FLCL dvds

Gden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
I want to complete that series, and need volumes 2 and 3, or I can just buy the ultimate collection, 3 is pretty reasonable but most used places want about 46$ for volume 2 (ridiculous). Help, please. Yes I know this isn't a request a deal forum but the request one is for video games.

Oh, ouch. Honestly, you're probably just going to have to get lucky and try to pickup the later two individually on eBay/Half.com, or give up and pay the premium to get ahold of the Ultimate Edition now.

Unfortunately, this spring reprint of the Ultimate Edition was the first wave I had seen in quite some time, and it is now fetching ridiculous prices anywhere it can be found. But, I have occasionally seen the individual DVDs get ignored and go for depressingly low prices, like .99 cents with 5 dollar shipping.

Either way, good luck searching for them, and if I happen to run across anything that would be of interest, I'll happily pass it along.

wow prices on those have really skyrocketed. Synch-point should really go ahead and print alot more. Every time they release FLCL it sells out and they need to print more. They should have really learned by now. According to CAG Price Grabber volume 2 is available from tlavideo.com for 26.99. The website does say it is backorder though, so it might just be a fake out. Good luck.

for only having 2 episodes on each vol, im AMAZED that it's still at the high price that it is...i got REALLY lucky when i ordered the Vol. 3 w/collector's box from a certain web site and they sent me the ENTIRE COLLECTION in the collector's box...i paid like $8 in all for it but that was SOOO EXTREMELY lucky that it's unlikely to happen again! good luck tho man

Heh, good luck with that. I've been trying to find a good price on FLCL DVDs for over a year now. The lowest price I've ever seen is $40 bucks. I like supporting things I enjoy, but $40 dollars for a DVD with two episodes on it is absolutely fucking absurd. So I just downloaded the whole series, but I'd still love to have some good quality DVDs some day.

if you dont mind not supporting the industry, Moviestop sells the volumes for $6-$8 each used or the ultimate edition for $30.

Wow, I didn't realize these were hard to find. I bought the ultimate set for $35 after GCO (my first time using it) a year or so ago from buy.com.

On a related note, I just got my t-shirt from the postcard that comes with it that you mail in. The medium size was a little smaller than I thought and it mentions nothing about being pre-shrunk on the tag. Once I wash it, it may have to be my sister's shirt.

SameDayAnime had some GREAT prices, but I think they went out of business.... as I recall I spent roughly $30 or less on the complete series. Maybe

EDIT: Yup. Here's a copy of my confirmation email.

Hi Brian,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Order Number: 18318
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Thank you for shopping with us at SamedayAnime.com. We have processed and charged your
card for $92.05 USD and will be shipping out your DVDs today. Please
log in to your online account for the details. We will send you another email once
the items have shipped.

Qty: Product ID Title Cost Each Total Item Cost

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 37 Cowboy Bebop [Perfect Sessions] [English Dubbed] $ 38.58 $ 38.58
1 83 Outlaw Star $ 39.63 $ 39.63
1 3677 FLCL Fooly Cooly [English Dubbed] $ 13.67 $ 13.67
1 3773 Golden Boy [English Dubbed] $ 15.13 $ 15.13

List Price : $ (189.90)
Our Price : $ 107.01
Direct DVD Discount : -$ 21.71
Shipping Total : $ 6.00
Sales Tax Total (CA) : $
--------------------------------------------------------------
Total Amount : $ 92.05

MAN they were a great site.

EDIT AGAIN:

Oh Man!! It's now NextDayAnime.com
Go There!
http://www.nextdayanime.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?todo=6&id=3677

[quote name='ZenTrickster']SameDayAnime had some GREAT prices, but I think they went out of business.... as I recall I spent roughly $30 or less on the complete series.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the version your link is offering is a single DVD bootleg as far as I can tell. The official releases were 2 episodes per disc and 3 volumes (with the Ultimate Edition having the bonus fourth disc).

I managed to get lucky one year at Comic-Con and got Vol 3 with the box after they had stopped making the singles and the box. I just need the first two singles or the complete collection. I can never find this for cheap and lately, not anywhere.

I ordered the ultimate collection from rightstuf with my gotanime membership discount and it came out to 56.66 (yeah, gotta love the price.) But it's on order so I'm not sure if it's going to get canceled yet. Hopefully it goes through and you can probably buy it from rightstuf as well since they sell nothing but legit stuff.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Zen, if your Cowboy Bebop is the 3 disc version, it is most likely a bootleg...[/quote]

Corrected.

I'm pretty sure that not a single legit release for a 26 episode anime series in the United has ever been released on a 3 DVD set. However there are a few which have been on released on 4 DVDs.

And I would stay far away from NextDayAnime, in addition to selling bootlegs they also blatantly charge a subscription price to download fansubs. I'm not going to argue for or against fansubs but someone charging for them makes there whole operation worthless shit.

Ohhh yea, those are bootlegs. I had to argue with a "dealer" once that his dvds were bootlegs and NOT from Japan. "But it says Made In Japan on it, and import..."

anyways, I'd say hit up Moviestop if there is one near you. The moviestop near me has them individual dvds for $17.99 each used I think, which isn't a bad deal at all.

I got all mine used from Gamestop for 5.99 each +tax, I had been searching for them forever also... I dunno, Maybe try checking gamestops? haha...

[quote name='ryoga79']Ohhh yea, those are bootlegs. I had to argue with a "dealer" once that his dvds were bootlegs and NOT from Japan. "But it says Made In Japan on it, and import..."

anyways, I'd say hit up Moviestop if there is one near you. The moviestop near me has them individual dvds for $17.99 each used I think, which isn't a bad deal at all.[/quote]

And until the end of the day today, all used anime is 40% off.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']HOLY SHIT! I knew these DVDs were hard to find, but look at this! This is absolutely outrageous!

http://www.amazon.com/FLCL-Ultimate-Edition-DVD-Collection/dp/B000ION2I0/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

AND
it's used!
[/quote]
This is not OOP. Synch-Point / Broccoli only replicates a very limited number of copies for this. The next replenish date is supposedly to be 4/30/08. It looks like dot-anime.us still has it (expected shipment of 3/30) for $62.95.

[quote name='WTK']This is not OOP. Synch-Point / Broccoli only replicates a very limited number of copies for this. The next replenish date is supposedly to be 4/30/08. It looks like dot-anime.us still has it (expected shipment of 3/30) for $62.95.[/quote]

I really don't want to spend $62.95 on a six episode series, but it looks like I might have to, because if this keeps up, these will be impossible to find in a few years.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I really don't want to spend $62.95 on a six episode series, but it looks like I might have to, because if this keeps up, these will be impossible to find in a few years.[/quote]

indeed!

Found it for $41.82 at Overstock! It's out of stock at the moment, though.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Music-Games/FLCL-The-Ultimate-Edition-DVD/2115591/product.html

This is the best price I've ever seen on FLCL DVDs, which is why I'm so frustrated that I can't order them :bomb:

See, I have no credit card, so I still have to use my parents' card. They don't really like me spending my money because I should be putting it towards my student financial aid, and seeing as how I just spent $47 dollars on Ergo Proxy and Black Lagoon, they probably won't take kindly to the idea of me spending even more money.

bread's done
Back