Cheap PS2 Memory Cards?

huvabut

CAGiversary!
I just picked up a used PS2 from a friend for cheap but it didn't come with a memory card. Where's the best place to get a cheap one? Best Buy has one online for $19.99. I was hoping it would be $19.99 in store so I could get it for 14.99 with GGC but no such luck. I'd prefer the Sony brand as well. What are peoples opinions on the non sony brand memory cards? - thanks

Always, always get first party memory cards.. it is nowhere near worth the few bucks you'll save when it goes to shit and you end up with losing the data for half of your games.

yes, cornfed is right. my ps2 memory card is Nyko, and sure I saved a few dollars, but it has a nasty habit of randomly deleting save files. I'll go to load a game and it will have mysteriously vanished. Pretty annoying.

Look at local pawn shops if you don't mind it being used. I just picked up four Sony brand memory cards for $40!

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Always, always get first party memory cards.. it is nowhere near worth the few bucks you'll save when it goes to shit and you end up with losing the data for half of your games.[/quote]

I learned that a long time ago with my off-brand memory cards for my Dreamcast. Ouch, was that a bad thing.

Game Crazy sells used PS2 memory cards (Sony brand) for $15 when they get them in. They sell out quick, but you might get lucky if you check. . .

Steve A.

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']ive had a madcatz memory card since launch and its never deleted anything by itself or lost any memory............[/quote]

same for me

bread's done
Back