cheap Wii component cable at Play-asia (3rd party)

Anybody have any more info on these cables? That other thread is gone.

I ordered a set, hopefully they ship Wednesday. At less than half the price of a Nintendo cable, it's worth a shot.

anyone know what happens when you use one of their 15 off of 100 dollar purchase codes on a order. Then they seperate the orders and apply the discount to one of the shipped games. So then since I had two order numbers, I canceled the remaining portion of the order, that had a new order number. Does that mean I get to keep the discount on the first half of the order they shipped?.... also on a competly different subject :) , anyone have any more 10 off a 60 order? if so please e-mail me one at [email protected]. thanks
carl

FYI, I got the email yesterday @ 6am saying it shipped. Hopefully I'll have a much clearer Wii image before the end of the week

Amazing how much better my Wii picture was after I picked up some component cables for 15 from Rhino (with coupon) yesterday

[quote name='Freshone']FYI, I got the email yesterday @ 6am saying it shipped. Hopefully I'll have a much clearer Wii image before the end of the week[/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind that it is shipping from China

[quote name='SonicPower']Ordered last night. Shipped this morning.

Usually, it will take around 2-3 weeks to receive something from Hong Kong.[/quote]

Usually takes around 5 days for me to get my orders from Play Asia. Maybe 1 out of 50 orders from Hong Kong takes 2 weeks for me. Sometimes I'm shocked by how fast they get stuff to me.

I gotta order one tomorrow. But does anyone know for sure that it'll work for the American Wii? The TOS says you can't return them based on incompatibility.

[quote name='cheapasssmurf']In 4 1. Anyone know where I can get a dirt cheap original xbox component video cable set?[/QUOTE]

I think you mean the Xbox High Definition AV Pack. I don't know any good deals but every once in awhile GS/EB messes up on their prices and you can get them for the price of the Xbox Advanced AV Pack. When I bought mine they were marked at $2.99.

Cheap component cables have no shielding and will break on you in 6 months.

Madcatz...

It's not gonna look good on a huge hdtv.

People never learn...

[quote name='AdultLink']Cheap component cables have no shielding and will break on you in 6 months.

Madcatz...

People never learn...[/quote]

That's a load of bullshit.

[quote name='AdultLink']Cheap component cables have no shielding and will break on you in 6 months.

Madcatz...

People never learn...[/QUOTE]

Have a great time with your $100 Monster Cables.

[quote name='AdultLink']Monster cables? Shows what you guys know about video cables.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/05/t...8561acb98&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

"The quality of the cable also matters. New gear often comes with cheap ones that can make the picture fuzzy or snowy. Cables should be heavy enough to carry an unrestricted signal, shielded from interference, and have sturdy plugs."

Oh noes![/QUOTE]

Wow that article is from the definitive voice on consumer electronics... The NY Times? Also the person interviewed is an employee of Crutchfield where their motto is... "why pay $1 on electronics somewhere else when you can pay $5 here at Crutchfield".

Remember that the Wii is not a graphical powerhouse. It 's output is analog. The Play Asia cables will be fine.

Yes, this is true. It's just EDTV. The thing is though, cheap cables are known to die on you quick, and be all around cheap.

But since it's EDTV, it's a good buy.

in fairness, that article is concerned more with hdtvs and the default rca cables that might come with it.
If you are buying an oppo dvd player with their pack-in hdmi cable, it's high quality, even though it is what came with the device.
If you buy most any component cable for the wii, it will look better than the composite cable- than even the most expensive composite cable.
Will there be some minor differences between component cables? maybe, the jury is out on how important a difference cables are once you go above supercheap.
I ordered a set of the playasia cables. When it arrives, I will try to remember to post my impressions.
But I can tell you with 99% certainty, I would not be able to tell the difference between component cables without a great deal of micro-analysis.
As for durability, I've used countless cables, some looking incredibly cheap, the only time a cable ever let me down was in college- when my husky pup chewed through the cord.

I have the official Nintendo ones and they're pretty cheap looking. I doubt these ones would be any worse. They're definitely worth the $13 gamble.

I got mine in yesterday, which is a surprise since it usually takes about 3 weeks to receive anything from play-asia (maybe it was the packet of candy I ordered with the cables :)).

How do cables fail after 6 months? I've never had packaged cables fail on me before.

I also 2nd the opinion that the OEM Wii ones feel pretty cheap.

Cheap ones are made of crappy parts... Start to break apart in 3-6 months.

It doesn't matter though, if the official oens feel cheap, you may as well get these.

[quote name='n2Deepeth']I gotta order one tomorrow. But does anyone know for sure that it'll work for the American Wii? The TOS says you can't return them based on incompatibility.[/QUOTE]

The only cabling difference between regions would be between JP/NA and EU, being that EU uses PAL and JP/NA uses NTSC. That said, the cables should be fine.

I'm backordered, but I figure I may as well give this a shot.

[quote name='AdultLink']Cheap component cables have no shielding and will break on you in 6 months.[/quote]
[quote name='AdultLink']Cheap ones are made of crappy parts... Start to break apart in 3-6 months.
[/quote]
:roll: Do you work at Bestbuy or for Monster Cable? Cables don't just magically break. The only thing that could cause them to break is when you plug/unplug them A LOT and/or put stress on them (such as bending it at an extreme angle, or crushing them under a heavy object). Strangely enough, in my life I've had more expensive cables go bad on me than "cheap" ones.

Now I will agree, that CHEAPLY CONSTRUCTED cables often do a worse job at transferring signals as compared to beefier (but not necessarily more expensive) ones).

Just got my Wii Component Cables and my Xbox 360 VGA cables today :) Watching DVDs upscaled to 1360x768 is amazing. Can't wait to finally be able to finish Zelda :D

Seriously, anyone can provide a more detailed description of this 3rd party cable (picture-wsie)? "They look great" as to what?

[quote name='Serpentor']Seriously, anyone can provide a more detailed description of this 3rd party cable (picture-wsie)? "They look great" as to what?[/QUOTE]

I can see alot more detail to games, zelda looks so much better. When I was using regular cables I couldnt see any lines or details(kinda looked blurry). I am playing on a 62" rca tv though.

Walmart is carrying Psyclone brand Wii component cables for $20. You can just walk in and pick them up. I've seen them at all of the Walmarts in my area.

[quote name='AdultLink']Cheap ones are made of crappy parts... Start to break apart in 3-6 months.

It doesn't matter though, if the official oens feel cheap, you may as well get these.[/quote]

Riddle me this why is it that I have had 3 yes count them 3 monster cables break on me???? They only get unplugged 4 times a year when I give my AV rack a hardcore cleaning. They split and fray and short out and do all kinds of other fun stuff, yet the middle of the road cables have not done any of that fuckin crap ever!

[quote name='Jayrcee']Walmart is carrying Psyclone brand Wii component cables for $20. You can just walk in and pick them up. I've seen them at all of the Walmarts in my area.[/QUOTE]

Is a sale going on? They retail for $59.99 at Circuit City. Great deal but hopefully it's not YMMV.

I've seen Ebay sellers selling component cables from japan or hong kong. Will these work on a NA system?

And are there any third party brands that I should steer clear from, or do they all deliver the same kind of quality?

[quote name='SOLDIER']I've seen Ebay sellers selling component cables from japan or hong kong. Will these work on a NA system?

And are there any third party brands that I should steer clear from, or do they all deliver the same kind of quality?[/quote]

Ah, my thoughts excatly, thanks for posting it... Yes, if you guys/gals have suggestions/opinions about a particular brand that doesn't work well, post them!

bread's done
Back