Cheapest place to buy manga?

orphicblue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Anyone care to recommend a cheap place to acquire some manga? Overstock.com seems to have some good prices but I was wondering if anyone might have seen somewhere else.

Thanks in advance, gang!

Ugh, they do their checkouts through amazon, and for two volumes of FMA, shipping was 7.98. Screw that.

If they find some way to improve the shipping costs, I'll start buying from them again. Else, I'll just order from deepdiscount from now on. Not as cheap as alphacraze, but at least the shipping is free.

Got home from work last night and had a package waiting for me. It was my OneDollarManga/CubicMall.com order. I haven't had time to read any of it yet, but it was well-packed in a white cardboard box and taped along each seam. The books were wrapped in bubble wrap inside, and all were in great condition. I did glance through a few of them (I ordered 5 volumes of one series, 4 volumes of another, 2 of another, and 1 KOF issue that turned out to be a comic book), and the printing/presentation seems to be of good quality.

Just thought there might be some people who were wondering.

I've been ordering from deepdiscount lately.
The shipping takes longer than I'd like, but the prices are good and all the books have been in great condition.

I checked out Alphacraze today, and was all giddy over how amazingly cheap everything was...until I saw the shipping cost.

They wanted $155+ for shipping 38 books ($125 worth) within the US. What a joke.

Yea, thats the problem now that they've teamed up with Amazon. It doesnt combine shipping, No idea how it'd be possible to get the combined price.

is their any new place to buy manga i used to buy from AlphaCraze but their shipping got expencive so i was woundering if theirs any new place as cheap as AlphaCraze

do any of u guys sell ur manga i would be happy to buy it from people

FYE.com has some randomly cheap prices. Shipping kinda kills it, but if you're using credit its not that big a deal (their store credit is insanely easy to profit on).

fyes ok but the shipping is way to expencive

anyone else know any store sell as cheap as AlphaCraze and shipping isnt to much

I don't know of anywhere that is as cheap as AlphaCraze was. I usually just buy from either Amazon or Deep Discount. Amazon has decent prices on stuff other than the standard $8 and $10 stuff. Deep discount usually gives around 28% off a lot of the stuff.

Deep discount is a little disorganized though. Use Amazon to check the ISBN numbers, thus making sure you are ordering the correct item.

No. Thanks to using amazon, you get charged the highly reasonable price of 3.99 shipping PER ITEM. Since this is done through their marketplace, I do not believe any shipping discounts are possible.

Very dispointed by the move to amazon. Was going to order some Manga's and shipping is more then the books. Has anyone sent a letter to complain about the obsurd shipping costs?

I ordered four mangas from one seller on Amazon.com. Twelve fucking dollars for shipping and the manga came out to the outstanding cost of about two bucks. And they got a nice nine dollar profit extra from shipping alone. Must be fantastic.

[quote name='Bezerker']So 9 books for the price of 4? Definately gotta check that out.[/QUOTE]

No, Buy 4, Get 5th free. About 20% off if you buy all at the same price.

[quote name='Bezerker']Ah, should've said B4G1F.[/QUOTE]

yeah get the 5th free is a lower discount than deep discount dvd's percentage off of retail.

wtf, did Deep Discount raise the prices on their manga recently? Not really a question, I am pretty sure they did.

[quote name='mkg12']wtf, did Deep Discount raise the prices on their manga recently? Not really a question, I am pretty sure they did.[/QUOTE]

They did :(. A volume that would've been a MSRP of $9.99 was sold at ~$7.13 before, but now it's $7.99. It sucks because I really liked buying just a few mangas at a time from DeepDiscount with the free shipping. I'm not sure I'll use them anymore unless they have a sale, drop back to the old prices, or if I really want to just buy a single volume or two (but I may as well just stop by Borders in that case).

On a side note, I have had nothing but great experiences with AnimeNation.com. Their prices aren't amazing (~10% off retail usually), but I got a bunch of stuff during their Dark Horse sale, and each and every manga has been in pristine condition (and I bought A LOT of stuff). Conversely, some of the manga I've ordered from Amazon has been in less-than-stellar shape.

They ship really fast, unless they're restocking the book (which takes no more than a week usually), and they ship the stuff out as it comes in stock. Normally they charge for each shipment, but they have a free shipping coupon on orders $75+, in which case the shipping becomes like Amazon's (Amazon always ships out my stuff as it comes in even if I put the option to group into as few shipments as possible).

Another quality place is CubicMall.com, which another person mentioned in this thread. They carry ComicsOne/DrMaster stuff, and there are some really good clearance deals going on. I personally got KOF Maniax issues 1-8 for something like $10.

Finally, I've had good experiences with DiscountAnimeDVD. Yes, they sell bootleg anime, but all their manga's legitimate. Customer service is good, all books I've gotten have been in pristine condition (a pet peeve of mine is when it's all dinged up), and they regularly have sales on manga from various publishers (35% off Viz stuff currently). I wish it didn't take $99 for the free shipping though.

Buy Three Books, Get a Fourth Free

In our 4-for-3 promotion, order any four eligible books under $10 and get the lowest-price book free. See more details on how to save on thousands of bestselling books from across our categories (see the browse box to the left for complete lists in each category). The offer also extends to combined orders with eligible DVDs, CDs, magazines, and Home & Garden and Home Improvement items.

Thats from Amazon : LINK
and yes graphic novels count as books ;)

Anyway I did order 4 Manga's from Cheap Discount (If your wondering it was Death Note vol 4 and 5; Claymore 1; and Lone Wolf and Cub Vol 1) Though they have yet to arrive

So my question is: How long does it take for you to recive manga's from cheap discount?!

I used to love alpha craze when I could order through yahoo shopping. Now the amazon shipping rates kill me.

[quote name='Jesu']I used to love alpha craze when I could order through yahoo shopping. Now the amazon shipping rates kill me.[/quote]

they are not prime-qualifiable? Lame

If you are big on ordering through Comics retailers, you can always get them from MAILORDERCOMICS.com. Really amazing site and Mike & the team there are some of the most reasonable and helpful folks around. I get tons of Manga for 5-6$ or less on new releases.

Memolink.com (one of the million points sites) gives you points per dollar when purchasing through them. So you get that back as well (works nice for those of us who make tons of online purchases). If you join, using [email protected] as a referral would be great. ;-)

I was askign and I think most people missed it!

HOW LONG DOES DEEP DISCOUNT FREE SHIPPING TAKE TO ARRIVE ON AVERGE!?

The E-mail said 5-10 business days; I ordered on the 25th and its obvioulsy the 6th now!!! about 11 days... I want my Manga's damn it!!

[quote name='Silverslug']I was askign and I think most people missed it!

HOW LONG DOES DEEP DISCOUNT FREE SHIPPING TAKE TO ARRIVE ON AVERGE!?

The E-mail said 5-10 business days; I ordered on the 25th and its obvioulsy the 6th now!!! about 11 days... I want my Manga's damn it!![/quote] Did you read your post? lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_day

[quote name='pete5883']I used to use mailordercomics.com. The shipping was terrible (unless you buy a lot.)[/QUOTE]

Generally the shipping is the actual cost to ship. I can't fault them for that given the discounts on everything AND the cash back I get.

I was getting it from dreamland then I found DD was cheaper now they arent that cheap anymore but its still free shipping so they are the cheapest. I get my berserk for 11.16. Can't find Berserk cheap anywhere it seems.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I was getting it from dreamland then I found DD was cheaper now they arent that cheap anymore but its still free shipping so they are the cheapest. I get my berserk for 11.16. Can't find Berserk cheap anywhere it seems.[/QUOTE]

Wait for Dark Horse sales from Deepdiscount.com/Animenation.com/rightstuf.com. Animenation had a 33% off DH sale like a month ago; I got Berserk 19 for $9.21.

EDIT: I just made a few orders at FYE.com and Tower.com. FYE has a $10 off $35+ Paypal coupon (paypal10), and Tower.com has great prices on manga, plus free shipping when you spend a certain amount and no tax for me in NJ (since their B&M's went out of business). Hopefully they fulfill the orders without a hitch and that the stuff gets to me in good condition.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I was getting it from dreamland then I found DD was cheaper now they arent that cheap anymore but its still free shipping so they are the cheapest. I get my berserk for 11.16. Can't find Berserk cheap anywhere it seems.[/QUOTE]
Rightstuf.com has 25% off ($10.46), minimum. When its on sale, it's 33% off, and if you have a membership, it's 33% off regularly, or 40% off during a sale ($8.37.)

Those might work but Berserk is all I buy and I'm all caught up so I only buy 1 at a time when the new ones come out. Rightstuf charges shipping. However I didnt go the math I'm pretty sure 11.16 with free shipping from DD is still cheaper.

[quote name='AvidWriter']Those might work but Berserk is all I buy and I'm all caught up so I only buy 1 at a time when the new ones come out. Rightstuf charges shipping. However I didnt go the math I'm pretty sure 11.16 with free shipping from DD is still cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It's too bad you bought it after DD raised their manga prices like 2 weeks ago. A Berserk volume was like $9.96 or something before the price hikes. $11.16 is still under retail though. =]

Too bad deep discount is taking almost a month to ship ME THE fuckING BOOKS! They just emailed me again saying they BARLY shipped ONE of the volumes yesterday and should wait a other 5-10 business days; WTF?!

Good point. If I really want something and I can't wait, I just go to the store and pay full price.

If its something new, you could always go to FYE/Suncoast, some stores sell manga, and you can get $15 credit for as low as $2.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned www.justmanga.com or www.discountanimedvd.com

Justmanga's prices arent too bad and they have a deal that after you've made atleast 3 orders with them
and purchase atleast 5 manga within those 3 orders, that you can get selected manga(most any manga on the site) for 5.55 from then on. I've never ordered from them though because thier release dates and stock dates arent exactly the most accurate

Discountanimedvd on the other hand are rather accurate on thier dates, there was one or two times where it said out of stock when i ordered it though. all thier manga is always 25% off and they have deals all the time where certian brands are 40% off. all orders over $100 are free SHIPPING. The books that i ordered that were instock always arrived within 2 weeks at most, 4 days at the earliest. The one downside on ordering books out of stock is that if you have more than one book out of stock when you order it, neither will arrive till both are back in stock. books always arrive in great condition though. They've got a pretty wide selection to chose from, and they have the most reliable list of relase dates a month out that i've seen.

Well, thats my spheel. I hope that helps :whistle2:o

:EDIT: ok, i forgot to put SHIPPING after that free earlier

that help forsure but i was wondering if any other site have sales out right now

im thinking about buying naruto 27,GTO 1-5,and sgt frog 1-3 collection

[quote name='Kyuyu']I'm surprised that no one has mentioned www.justmanga.com or www.discountanimedvd.com

Justmanga's prices arent too bad and they have a deal that after you've made atleast 3 orders with them
and purchase atleast 5 manga within those 3 orders, that you can get selected manga(most any manga on the site) for 5.55 from then on. I've never ordered from them though because thier release dates and stock dates arent exactly the most accurate

Discountanimedvd on the other hand are rather accurate on thier dates, there was one or two times where it said out of stock when i ordered it though. all thier manga is always 25% off and they have deals all the time where certian brands are 40% off. all orders over $100 are free. The books that i ordered that were instock always arrived within 2 weeks at most, 4 days at the earliest. The one downside on ordering books out of stock is that if you have more than one book out of stock when you order it, neither will arrive till both are back in stock. books always arrive in great condition though. They've got a pretty wide selection to chose from, and they have the most reliable list of relase dates a month out that i've seen.

Well, thats my spheel. I hope that helps :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]
RightStuf is cheaper than the first site, and the second sells bootleg anime DVDs, which automatically puts them in the "NEVER BUY FROM" category for me.

bread's done
Back