Cheapest place to buy manga?

orphicblue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Anyone care to recommend a cheap place to acquire some manga? Overstock.com seems to have some good prices but I was wondering if anyone might have seen somewhere else.

Thanks in advance, gang!

I've never dared order the DVD's from discountanimedvd for the same reason Kirin Lemon said, but the manga is in mint shape, and most of the time comes wrapped in plastic. And yes some sites are cheaper than justmanga, but as i said, there is that deal for the 5.55 for most manga purchased after you order from them a few times

[quote name='stageshow']what happen to alphacaze it disappeard??[/QUOTE]

I'm bring this thread back. Alphacraze fucked me in the ass with one of my orders. Disappeared? I hope so. That's hat happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass.

If you have a paypal account, Buy.com is probably your best bet.

With the Paypal Plug in (aka Paypal Virtual Debit Card) you can create as many GCO $10 off $10 accounts as you want. Unfortunately, Buy.com sells most new $9.99 retail manga for $9.81, so you have to find something to fill in that 19 cents (unfortunately, shipping costs dont count towards the $10 minimum)

Not really a deal for others, but my local B. Dalton had everything half off since a Barnes and Nobles is opening up in the same mall. I went crazy on Manga :D

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Not really a deal for others, but my local B. Dalton had everything half off since a Barnes and Nobles is opening up in the same mall. I went crazy on Manga :D[/quote]

I am jealous. :(

I guess I'll just stick to my 20 to 40 percent off something, plus Barnes and Noble membership's 10 percent off, at Barnes and Noble and Borders.

DiscountAnimeDVD is great, though; ordered a few things off their to no complaint. :)

[quote name='alexxb']So, what is currently the cheapest place to buy Manga??[/QUOTE]

eBay if you're lucky. Rightstuf.com has great sales but you have to make sure to purchase enough for free shipping and I recently used DeepDiscount and liked the price for single purchases.

[quote name='alexxb']Oh, ok.[/QUOTE]

Depends on whether you mean stuff as it comes out or older manga. Used older manga you can get for good prices through places like here (I have some on my trade thread) and you can get alot for $4 of $5 a pop used on amazon or half.com ($1 ish price but shipping bumps it up alot). New, not really as much good stuff around. Rightstuf does 33%-40% off sales for manga. Deep discount/buy.com tend to do 25-30%. Borders rewards coupon can be good if you want to go local with rewards generally ranging from 20 to 40 off one item.

^ Well, I'm looking for some Berserk, D. Gray Man, and One Piece. I don't care if it is used as long as it is in good condition. And I also prefer to buy in bundles.

[quote name='alexxb']^ Well, I'm looking for some Berserk, D. Gray Man, and One Piece. I don't care if it is used as long as it is in good condition. And I also prefer to buy in bundles.[/QUOTE]

Have you checked ebay? People sell manga series lots all the time there.

^ Yeah, but their are none - barely any Berserk or D.Gray Man Lots. One Piece is rather easy to find, but the other to are pretty hard to find in Manga Lots.

[quote name='alexxb']^ Yeah, but their are none - barely any Berserk or D.Gray Man Lots. One Piece is rather easy to find, but the other to are pretty hard to find in Manga Lots.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how good it is for buying currently, but livejournal has a few communities devoted to buying and selling anime/manga that have quite a few people in them posting (garagesalejapan and anime4sale). Might be worth a look.

[quote name='Bezerker']If you have a paypal account, Buy.com is probably your best bet.

With the Paypal Plug in (aka Paypal Virtual Debit Card) you can create as many GCO $10 off $10 accounts as you want. Unfortunately, Buy.com sells most new $9.99 retail manga for $9.81, so you have to find something to fill in that 19 cents (unfortunately, shipping costs dont count towards the $10 minimum)[/QUOTE]

Where can I get the Paypal Plugin? and how do I get the GCO to keep working?

[quote name='SeanAmI']Where can I get the Paypal Plugin? and how do I get the GCO to keep working?[/QUOTE]

Paypal Plugin is available at paypal.com. That post was from 2007 though, so that exploit is long over.

So nowadays where is the cheapest place to get manga? I've never bought any manga before or even read it, but two animes that I love get even more praise from their manga's and I really dont want to read them online.

I'm looking for Claymore and Berserk manga for cheap. Anyone selling any?

there are lotza mangaz available at Mamanga.com.

sellers can list items for free if you don’t choose any fancy options. They’re also having a “no ending fee campaign” now, so you don’t have to pay anything even if your manga sells.

They told me they’re doing this to increase traffic and it looks like it’s gonna stay that way until the site becomes more popular.

You can also earn credits by posting comments in the forum and those credits can be used to add fancy options to your listings.

here’s the link:
http://www.mamanga.com/

if you tend to prefer buying new copies in small or large lots, i like amazon but i don't think they're necessarily the cheapest - just the most convenient and reliable so I haven't looked around too hard.

most manga is buy 3 get 1 free, which makes them basically 25% off cover, plus generally no tax or shipping costs.

their box sets like death note aren't badly priced either: $62.99 instead of the $99.99 retail price.

[quote name='jazu']there are lotza mangaz available at Mamanga.com.

sellers can list items for free if you don’t choose any fancy options. They’re also having a “no ending fee campaign” now, so you don’t have to pay anything even if your manga sells.

They told me they’re doing this to increase traffic and it looks like it’s gonna stay that way until the site becomes more popular.

You can also earn credits by posting comments in the forum and those credits can be used to add fancy options to your listings.

here’s the link:
http://www.mamanga.com/[/QUOTE]
Between the hordes of obvious bootlegs and the fact that pretty much all the manga I found there is in Japanese, I don't see much to recommend. I'd suggest avoiding it.

Hell, I'd just say become a Borders rewards member if you're buying new stuff. By the time the new issues of Black Cat came out, I'd usually have a 20% to 30% off coupon in my mail. They shower you with constant coupons.

I know it isn't exactly a CAGtastic deal but we're talking books that shoot for $8 a pop, and if you're only buying one or two every couple months...

I'm new to this forum. Was searching Google for cheap manga sites and found this thread. I wanted to find the cheapest site for Return to Labyrinth Volume 4. (I usually use HeavyInk.com, which is a great site for comic book subscriptions, as everything is discounted and shipping is 99 cents as long as you have at least 3 comics or 1 graphic novel in your order. However, HeavyInk wasn't getting Return to Labyrinth 4 in stock this week, so I had to look for an alternative.)

Thanks to the recs on this thread I checked out Textbookx.com. It seems to be the best deal around right now on manga, thanks to the current coupon code promo. Enter gr8buy at checkout for free shipping. Only works on new books shipped directly from Textbookx, not marketplace books. Return to Labyrinth 4 was $9.07. Other manga I looked at like Inuyasha volumes were $6.98 and Death Note volumes were $5.58 and $5.78. With the free shipping code it's the best deal on manga I've seen.

Good luck everyone on the continued search for cheap manga (it's a constant battle, I know), but I hope this helps, and I wanted to share since this thread helped me so much.

You can get good deals on Ebay if you get lucky.
I got
Bleach volumes 1-21 for $25
Yu Yu Hakusho 10 random volumes for $15
Battle Royal 1-10 for $20

also if you have a Half price book store or a Book Off in your area you can get manga for as low as $1 each in good condition.

[quote name='Serpent01']You can get good deals on Ebay if you get lucky.
I got
Bleach volumes 1-21 for $25
Yu Yu Hakusho 10 random volumes for $15
Battle Royal 1-10 for $20

also if you have a Half price book store or a Book Off in your area you can get manga for as low as $1 each in good condition.[/QUOTE]

Those are great deals. I assume they are auctions, so your chances of actually randomly searching for something and finding a good auction are very slim.

I don't really think you can do better than amazon personally. They have just about everything, free shipping with prime or if you spend 25$, easy to exchange if you get one that's kinda gnarfed up. The best part though, is the 4 for 3. You buy 3 get one free on pretty much all manga. Hard to beat that

I used to always buy them at Borders/B&N as a kid but then I grew into buying used books via Amazon.

Check the condition though, I got some awesome Getbackers and Kenshin and everything for usually under $1, sometimes even $.01

Haven't read through the entire thread, but Rightstuf.com has 40% off sales for various publishers, including Viz, Tokyopop, Del Rey and Dark Horse. I usually buy from amazon, but they generally don't discount viz or Tokyopop at all (unless you get lucky and they're included in a buy 4 get 1 sale), and these rightstuf sales are usually good on preorders, so I usually order a ton of stuff, which ships out a bit at a time, and by the time my last preorder is ready to ship, the next sale is active.

They are a fantastic retailer, especially when it comes to customer service. Their prices, especially on dvds, seems pretty high at first, but it's the sales that really drive the bargains... and if you're buying a bunch, it's worth the 12 bucks for their GotAnime membership to get an extra 10 % off.

Seems buy is also a good place. They are even with amazon if you factor the buy 3 get 4 on the 7.95 titles. But on the newer ones costing 9.99 they are actually a bit cheaper which adds up pretty quick.

[quote name='boredasfook']Any BF deals on manga yet?[/QUOTE]
Probably the best will just be a Borders 40% off a single item coupon.

bread's done
Back