CheapyD's Ramen Thread

I should not come into this thread in the morning when I'm starving and at work. That ramen picture that tomaway posted drives me wild. :lol:

[quote name='XtoyxboyX']Rodimus, I think i have a place you should check out if its near you. It sound promising. Here's the link. http://southflorida.metromix.com/re...ese-restaurant-fort-lauderdale/129174/content

Mind you, I live in New York so I have never been here but the reviews say their Pho is good and are actually known for their noodle dishes.[/quote]

Thanks for the link. It looks like it's an hour away from me, but I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever in the area.

The air travel industry is becoming competitive with many airlines serving both domestic and international flights. The two airline carrier giants in Japan are Japan Airlines and ANA airlines, who are dominating the air travel market in Japan with flights to over 50 destinations.
Narita - The New Tokyo International Airport and Kansai International Airport are the two main international airports in Japan. Hadena International Airport in Tokyo handles mostly domestic flights linking these airports to various other cities across the country.
Airport fees are included in the fares to all international destinations if departing from Narita Airport or Kansai Airport (Adult: around 2,650 yen and Child (age 2 to 11): 1,330 yen). Airport fees are not applied at Haneda Airport or any other airports in Japan. There is no need to pay airport fees

The largest airport in Japan, New Tokyo International Airport, is located 60 km to the east of central Tokyo.
The second largest airport in Japan, Kansai International Airport, is located in Osaka Bay, 5 km off the coast and about 60 km. from JR Shin-Osaka

Stop at the tourist information center located on the arrival lobby (first floor) for information. They are staffed by multilingual travel experts who can answer questions and provide free maps and brochures if you need. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. A stop at the Tourist Information center saves travel-planning time in advance. Office hours are from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, every day all year-round.
smile.gif

Rodimus, I used to live in South Florida and let me share with you
one of my favorite Japanese joints in all of South Florida
http://yakko-san.com/
Its opened late too, I used to go every time I would come back from a concert
at the revolution in Ft Lauderdale
I DEFINITELY recommend that you give it a shot

and man, the ramen in CheapyD's post makes my mouth water

and idk bout Pho being a brunch type of thing
its second on my favorite noodle soup dishes
my list would be
Ka Be-ak (I really don't know how to spell this in english, its basically a southeast asian version of udon noodles)
Pho
Ramen

well depends on how hardcore japanese you want to go
i personally like their crispy bok choy as a starter
and normally order a whole bunch of things off their menu and share amongst our group
Takoyaki, Onigiri, Gyoza, Agedashi tofu, and etx

My korean friend loves the kimchee rice + kimchee ramen
and my american friends get the yakiniku donburi

[quote name='redgopher']My ramen of choice:

Shinramyun.jpg

Shinramyun. aka: Death Ramen
Usually only available from asian food stores in the States.

Look at that awesome red color of the broth. Red as in heat. Heat as in fire. Fire in my mouth. Mmm..

deathramen.jpg

I go nuts when I go to asian food stores. I dropped $15 in awesome ramen and noodles during my last trip.[/quote]

Yes! That stuff is the best! I may go grab some from local asian store down the street now :p

I had sort of the same thing, except I used sesame oil, hot sauce, and about 3x more veggies since I didn't have any meat to throw in it. Mmmm... broccoli and baby corn....

[quote name='Rodimus']I don't think Broccoli in Ramen is a good idea.[/quote]

If its steamed broccoli then it tast good , if its raw then now so much.

omg i love ramen. if you guys live in sf bay area, ca, usa. go to japan town san francisco, to kinokuniya building, find mifune restaurant, and order "ramen" for $8. omg i think this is the best ramen in whole san francisco. (the second one is char siu ramen with miso soup in hotei near judah st.)

[quote name='Rodimus']That's called Naruto.... seriously. It's pretty much egg based. I'm not a huge fan of it but it goes good in ramen.[/quote]

huh? i tot naruto is fishcake?

[quote name='praystation']huh? i tot naruto is fishcake?[/quote]

I guess I worded it wrong. Yeah it's a fish cake but it's got an egg white texture.

Theres a great little ramen shop down at porter square (massachusetts)
I get the shoryu (soy sauce)
Its really good, almost sweet.
I cant eat the instant stuff after tasting the real thing.

Dude, I searched this thread for Wan Zhu Shi . Have you not eaten at that place yet? One of two locations is in Sangubashi Station close to it. The other is in Akiba in Yodobashi Akiba on the top floor. Sesame Ramen is to DIE FOR. Unfortunately you get a tad bit less ramen than they use to give in previous times only because of the good ol' economy. And this one chinese girl there has the coolest japanese accent for being chinese. Check it out! Next time I'm in Tokyo maybe we can do the Izakaya thing :)

Hey guys, I'm new to NYC and was wondering if there are any good ramen places. Especially if its in the east village. thanks.

if you're in the bay area come to san mateo and try out santa ramen. I honestly think this is one of the best ramen houses in the bay area. The menu is mostly ramen. Pick your soup base and then add extra ingredients if desired. It's about $10-15 so it's alittle pricier than other places. Try the pork flavored soup, it's pretty hearty!

Iwataya in Evansville has some very good ramen - last time I had the chanpon ramen, which included about 4 or 5 different kinds of seafood, including shrimp, octopus, clams, and the famous naruto. I'd love to go back there sometime, or to another Japanese restaurant in the area.

bread's done
Back