Cheaters get their gamerscore reset to ZERO!

[quote name='dim2192']No! It took me two months with my friend to get up to the highest rank. Please look up spg (second profile glitch), it is not against the rules as it is a glitch that Microsoft still hasnt fixed[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of spg before but it sounds like an exploited glitch, which is cheating.

[quote name='Liquid 2']What does the scarlet letter put on cheaters' profiles look like in XBL?[/QUOTE]

a 3/4 filled circle of scarlet lights.

Here's something interesting:
http://profile.mygamercard.net/mr+dim

Lists a gamerscore of 66K, while his profile lists 100K. Is it safe to assume that mygamercard is reliable, and that only 34% of his score was cheated? After all, the website has my info correct, and I earned 2 or so cheesemints yesterday in Lost Odyssey, which the site does reflect. Hmm.

[quote name='mykevermin']Here's something interesting:

Lists a gamerscore of 66K, while his profile lists 100K. Is it safe to assume that mygamercard is reliable, and that only 34% of his score was cheated? After all, the website has my info correct, and I earned 2 or so cheesemints yesterday in Lost Odyssey, which the site does reflect. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

You're looking at the wrong gamertag?

Dim311 is his tag with over 100k.

[quote name='creeeaature']I didn't read every post, so sorry if this was already mentioned - but how the heck does someone cheat to get their gamerscore?[/quote]

More importantly...why lol.

[quote name='creeeaature']I didn't read every post, so sorry if this was already mentioned - but how the heck does someone cheat to get their gamerscore?[/QUOTE]

Download save files that give you easy achievements off the internet.

There are many different devices and ways to get the files on your 360.

[quote name='dim2192']I still have my gamerscore and I am safe. I just did some precautions to be safe. So fuck off. You can keep checking my gamerscore, but it will only get higher.

BTW: My gamerscore has earned me $500 (in gift cards) on 360voice.com, so gamerscore is actually good for something[/QUOTE]

Not saying you are going to be reset one way or the other but I'm pretty sure MS is going to still have full access to all the cheesemint info on your account whether you change your settings to private or whatever.

Ah, I see deli beat me to it:

[quote name='terribledeli']Holy shit. Does Dim genuinely think Microsoft won't be able to see his gamercard in full glory just because he's disabled public viewing?

Awesome. Keep on believin'[/QUOTE]

Won't surprise me at all if MS only resets a few of the very top offenders to make a splash.

Hmmm, actually nearly everyone on that blog linked earlier in the thread has been reset to 0 now. And Dim is new featured on that blog...

[quote name='wubb']Hmmm, actually nearly everyone on that blog linked earlier in the thread has been reset to 0 now. And Dim is new featured on that blog...[/quote]

I don't think being posted on the blog there will automatically make them potential targets for gamerscore purge. A moderator on Xbox.com wrote a little F.A.Q. on it since it seems to be getting quite a bit of attention. If they're still actively purging gamerscore from tags, then they probably started out looking for big anomalies and are slowly refining the search.

[quote name='wubb']

Hmmm, actually nearly everyone on that blog linked earlier in the thread has been reset to 0 now. [/quote]Actually, most people featured on the site have changed their gamertags and created a new one using their old gamertag name. Notice how most of the 0 gamertags don't have the cheater stamp. I refuse, however, to spend $10 in order to hide myself. I could care less what the people on that website think. Instead of being with family, girlfriends, wives, they are glued to the monitor sweating their balls off waiting for me to get reset (which will never happen). Dream on I say.

[quote name='mykevermin']Here's something interesting:

Lists a gamerscore of 66K, while his profile lists 100K. Is it safe to assume that mygamercard is reliable, and that only 34% of his score was cheated? After all, the website has my info correct, and I earned 2 or so cheesemints yesterday in Lost Odyssey, which the site does reflect. Hmm.[/quote]No lol, I got my account stolen at 66K. However, I got it back and switched my tag from Dim21 to Mr Dim. Search Dim21 on mygamercard for proof

[quote name='FrankySox']I'm confused, what would be an example of cheating? This seems pretty ridiculous[/QUOTE]

From the F.A.Q. link a few posts above you:
About Gamerscore corrections

A gamerscore correction occurs on a player’s LIVE account when they gain achievements through avoiding game play and the use of external tools. LIVE is committed to keeping the service free of this type of behavior as it violates the LIVE Terms of Use. When abnormal achievement or gamerscore activity is found, LIVE modifies the gamerscore of players who meet specific and automated criteria.

A LIVE player who obtained their gamerscore in this abnormal way will

* Find their gamerscore reset to zero, and
* Be unable to regain all previously earned achievements, and
* Be labeled as a “cheater” for the community to view.

While players who have been identified by these criteria will start from a zero gamerscore, they will still be able to gain achievements for future games. In other words, we give them another chance to earn future achievements by earning them as other “fair” players do. The original gamerscore correction will remain permanent without any way to appeal.
Questions and answers

Under what circumstances does LIVE correct a specific gamerscore?

Specific and automated criteria are used to determine if a player has earned achievements by using tools that circumvent the game or avoid game play entirely. A player who meets these criteria has their gamerscore corrected.

How does LIVE know a player has been cheating on their gamerscore versus another player?

We look for abnormal achievement and gamerscore activity using criteria that identifies users who have used external means to earn achievements without really playing the game. Users who play games legitimately to earn an achievements are unaffected by this.

What about entering cheat codes for games like Guitar Hero 3 and stuff that unlock achievements. Is that part of the 100% "requirement" for a gamerscore cheater?

[quote name='crushtopher']What about entering cheat codes for games like Guitar Hero 3 and stuff that unlock achievements. Is that part of the 100% "requirement" for a gamerscore cheater?[/quote]

No, not that kind of cheating. That's just being lazy ;)

[quote name='FrankySox']I'm confused, what would be an example of cheating? This seems pretty ridiculous[/QUOTE]

All it boils down to is downloading game saves.

There's a little device you can buy that you can plug your memory card into a USB slot on your PC. Download game save to memory card, pop it in the 360 with accompanying retail game. Load save, unlock hundreds of points without with little or no effort.

For example, it took me about 60 hours to get the 860pts I have in Burnout Revenge. A friend downloaded a save and got about 650 from just booting up the game.

I'm glad to see Microsoft is cracking down on this nonsense. It's one thing when gamerscore is just a meaningless number, but with events like the Old Spice challenges giving it a monetary value, cheaters shouldn't be tolerated at all.

On a related note, about two months ago, I was in a challenge where some douche used game saves to rack up around 7,000 pts in a day. A handful of us emailed 360voice and called Live customer service to explain what was going on. 360voice booted him from the challenge and Microsoft reset his gamerscore to 0. He's since deleted his gamertag. The best part was the comments section on our challenge page, where he admitted multiple times to cheating and said there was nothing anyone could do. I'm guessing Microsoft viewed that as all the evidence they needed to screw him.

[quote name='maxfisher']I'm glad to see Microsoft is cracking down on this nonsense. It's one thing when gamerscore is just a meaningless number, but with events like the Old Spice challenges giving it a monetary value, cheaters shouldn't be tolerated at all.

On a related note, about two months ago, I was in a challenge where some douche used game saves to rack up around 7,000 pts in a day. A handful of us emailed 360voice and called Live customer service to explain what was going on. 360voice booted him from the challenge and Microsoft reset his gamerscore to 0. He's since deleted his gamertag. The best part was the comments section on our challenge page, where he admitted multiple times to cheating and said there was nothing anyone could do. I'm guessing Microsoft viewed that as all the evidence they needed to screw him.[/quote]He was probably a hacker. Even I have to say that he is a retard.

BTW: I never cheated, boosted, glitched, etc during the 360voice challenges. I just tried to find the challenges filled with people who didn't care about qamerscore and I won every single time.

Sometimes I think Microsoft could be doing better things with their time. However with the various challenges and what not involving the gamerscore I can see why they're concerned.

MS is cracking down because there adding the Achievement Points marketplace in the spring update. 20 cents per achievement point.

Sad thing is that i'm sure a lot of people would do this if it were to exist...

[quote name='Bezerker']MS is cracking down because there adding the Achievement Points marketplace in the spring update. 20 cents per achievement point.

Sad thing is that i'm sure a lot of people would do this if it were to exist...[/quote]

How do you know this?

Also, if this is true, do points already earned count?

[quote name='Quintessence']How do you know this?

Also, if this is true, do points already earned count?[/quote]

Read the last sentence in his post again.

[quote name='Bezerker']MS is cracking down because there adding the Achievement Points marketplace in the spring update. 20 cents per achievement point.[/QUOTE]
Source.

My last sentence of "Sad thing is that people would probably do this if it were to exist" was to refer that I was making it up.

Though in all honestly it wouldn't surprise me. There are quite a lot of people out there that would be more than willing to drop $ for achievement points, why shouldn't MS be the one to cash in?

I thought you were talking about redeeming Achievement points for MS points.

Jeff Gertsman (spelling?), the game reviewer that just got fired from Gamespot and started Giant Bomb has a score just above 50K.

Jeff is a guy that has been gaming longer than most and it's his LIVING. He gets paid to game and review. Now he's been around since Xbox Live started and probably has played more quantity of games than most on this site. If he only has around 50K and been at this for YEARS while receiving FREE games to play and review and only has like 50K gamer points.......

Well lets just say that applying this logic to some that have posted on this board would indeed expose those of little character and integrity.

Gamer score and points mean little of nothing to me personally, but those that are so lame, small and of low fiber to have to resort to cheating to achieve higher points, well I guess we know why steroids in sports and outrageous CEO pay packages for failures are the norm these days.

Cheating for gamer points (worse yet paying others for boosting or account padding), LAMEST IN THE HIGHEST DEGREE.

If this is what the youth and average Joe in modern society is reverting to in order to feel better about themselves around the cubicle farm water cooler or the the high school lunchroom.......

STOP THE fuckING WORLD I WANT OFF!

[quote name='Old_School']

If this is what the youth and average Joe in modern society is reverting to in order to feel better about themselves around the cubicle farm water cooler or the the high school lunchroom.......

STOP THE fuckING WORLD I WANT OFF![/QUOTE]
Jesus, you're a drama queen.

I just laugh thinking of someone who paid on ebay to have their score boosted, and then log in one day to find their score at 0....LOL!!!

[quote name='defiance_17']Jesus, you're a drama queen.[/quote]

Looks like it hit a nerve. I would guess cubicle farm in your case.

[quote name='Old_School']Jeff Gertsman (spelling?), the game reviewer that just got fired from Gamespot and started Giant Bomb has a score just above 50K.

Jeff is a guy that has been gaming longer than most and it's his LIVING. He gets paid to game and review. Now he's been around since Xbox Live started and probably has played more quantity of games than most on this site. If he only has around 50K and been at this for YEARS while receiving FREE games to play and review and only has like 50K gamer points.......[/QUOTE]

I think it's all about if the person is motivated to get achievements or not. Personally I like to shoot for as many of them as I can when I play a game. Some don't see the point and don't.

Maklershed has played twice as many games as me but his GS is half of mine because he doesn't really care (much) about cheesemints. Also he stinks at playing video games.

Now getting them by loading a game save or whatever is just silly to me.

I agree with Wubb, Its just like trying to catch all the pokemon vs just a few...:lol:

No seriously, it all boils down to whether you like 100% completion or not. I've always shot for that with the GTA's, etc. Just recently got the 1k on COD4 and they are probably the most satisfying achievements I ever "achieved".

Then again, like a lot of people on live, they'll buy the games solely for multiplayer and give a rats a$$ about GS.

No matter what though, there will always be the cheaters. And the don't just cheat on xbox, but they'll always be looking for ways to beat the system and artificially 'enhance' their image. But of course, we all know at night they sit around the fire and go crazy cuz their conscience rips them apart..:whee:

[quote name='wubb']Maklershed has played twice as many games as me but his GS is half of mine because he doesn't really care (much) about cheesemints. Also he stinks at playing video games.[/quote]:rofl:

bread's done
Back