Check your BestBuy RZ for possible $10 Holiday Certificate

RZ Silver here, and I just got mine within the last couple of days. I cannot complain about BB this year with all the @Gamer coupons and TIV's w/bonuses on one of the better years for gaming.

BTW, I have been shopping there 2-3x a week lately with trade-in's and such, so I don't know what the random nature of the cert's is.

I cannot believe the complaints about BB's RZ dropping off. Last time I checked, Amazon did not give me any free certificates for shopping there. They don't have a point system at all. So just because BB is not as good as it used to be, it's still better than nothing.

Don't get me wrong. I actually don't have any loyalty. I do my fair share of shopping at Amazon as well. I am just saying, wherever the best deal is, that's where I'm going.

Alls fair in love and free shit..... Seriously though, im on the phone with them now. Im pretty sure they might be canceling my account. FYI dont tell them it "chaps your ass" that the certificate went out to people who havent shopped there lately(by the way, thats the excuse i got -it was sent to people who hadnt shopped at best buy in a while in hopes of luring them back - thats a direct quote from customer service.) The phone call just ended with a supervisor saying his hands were tied. Oh well - thats their deal. I guess next year I might get a certificate since I'll be one of those people who havent bought from best buy lately.....

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I hear ya buddy. Amazon is about to start getting all my business. Ive been with rewards since you had to pay for it. They believe they're getting your business either way. They give coupons out to lure in new business. Is that shady? Debatable... Its capitalsm. Should they "Reward" loyal customers? It would be nice. Will they? Theyre out to make money. Reward zone members, especially silver, are more likely to spend money at best buy either way. Why shouldnt they neglect us and lure in new business (people on the fence) - that benefits their bottom line more.

I dont like it... But what can you do? Well, you can threaten to shop elsewhere. If they want to keep you, they'll give you what youre asking for (within reason.) If they dont care, you wont get anything and you can happily take your business elsewhere. Thats exactly what Im going to do.[/QUOTE]

It is their right to offer promotions to other people and 99% of the time I don't mind. But this is not going to make me blacklist them either. Best Buy excels in Customer Service....before the purchase. Afterwards their B&M Customer Service is pretty bad. I have had two horrible experiences with them this year and that was part of the reason for my rant. As a consumer I like the B&M experience and don't mind paying a little extra for it. Its when I have a problem online customer service blows Best Buy B&M out of the water any day.

Now I just signed up with Prime and Amazon fucked up my first Release Date Delivery of the Smurfs 3D Blu Ray. Amazon quickly offered me a $5 credit. Best Buy B&M would not have done anything for me, than I would of had to call their Customer Service and file a complaint and get my issue resolved that way. I know I can call and easily get the $10, its just not worth my time and hassle of dealing with them over a promotion I believe I am entitled too, even though their intent is to lure in clientele that have not been there for awhile. This would be brilliant if their more loyal shoppers did not hear about it third hand from an awesome deals internet site.

Just go off phone with a CS rep and she issued me 500 points for customer appreciation, she had no idea about the happy holidays certificates. She did say that they are sending out reward certificates through snail mail for some customers.

I just got a $10 certificate in my account that was marked Happy Holidays. I am a premier silver member but I just bought several things over the last few months. I have no idea how they are picking people but I know last year it was a mess. I know it's meant to attract people but I did give them feedback last year that you should never ignore your loyal customers.

Just remember to not blame the customer service people. It's not their fault so don't yell at them. They are just victims of Best Buy decisions.

I have to separate accounts...one linked to my credit card and one regular RZ from years ago. I'm 2 points away from a certificate (Wtf!) and no Holiday one either :(

Called the reward zone number for Premier Silver. After a polite discussion that my family members had received $20 happy holidays certificates (which one of my uncles did), I was issued the same amount to my own account.

Gonna use it to buy that Zelda 3ds bundle during the private shopping event!

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'm getting very annoyed with the Reward Zone program. Besides this being the 3rd time I haven't gotten a certificate (last year and now twice this year), my spending totals are all messed up. 2 weeks ago my non Best Buy purchases were over $400 on my RZ credit card yet my total spending (to get to the $2500 a year) only went up a little over $200. Then 3 days ago, I was at $13xx spent for the year and had some more points posted from Best Buy purchases and instead of the number going up, it went down to barely over $1100. I emailed them 3 days ago and no response.[/QUOTE]

I'm about to do battle with BB yet again. I made a purchase on 10/24, the points never posted as pending on anything on their site. I've called 3 times, each time I'm told 'give it 'x' amount of days, after that time frame I call again and am told the same thing. I unloaded on the last CSR who told me that (politely of course, but let my frustrations known) and I told her I wouldn't be happy when I call back next week after another deadline is missed, she assured me it wouldn't be and I'd hear from someone with an update in a few days (which didn't happen). I also sent an email, which said would take up to 72 hours because of their high volume, its now been 6 days and no response.

Tomorrow is BB's private shopping sale where you get the bonus points (3x for RZMC). I do this a fair amount and NEVER had the bonus points put on my account, I always have to call.

Gonna be a fun phone call............

Dammit screw BB// Everyone should stop buying from these guys so they can just run out of business these guys suck just like Wal-mart..Dam hate these stores..

So much for that, i tried to log in via firefox, got a blank white page. So i tried IE and i could actually see the site. But i forgot my password, so i went to reset it and when i choose a new one it told me the site was having issues and try it later. So i cant log in at the moment. :bomb:

Funny story about my trip to bestbuy yesturday. Some fool tried to return his copy of halo reach he got from the bf holiday bundle for cash lol. He was getting so mad when he was told again and again "we need a receipt". He then stormed out pouting like a little bitch. Why do people attempt this still ? Lmao

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']wow Best Buy got cheap last year it was $20[/QUOTE]

It varied last year too. It is just pretty much a lottery of if/when you'll get it as well as how knowledgeable your CS/RZ rep is.

[quote name='ajumbaje']On my phone at work, what's the email?[/QUOTE]

It was form. You login to your rewards site and then go to the "Contact Us". Pre-fills all your info. You then just pick your issue and then fill in the text for your question.

Still haven't heard anything but not too concerned. Two years ago BB price matched my new frig 4 times and on the last time threw in a free 19" LCD TV even though it was for a different model. I never had to bitch or nothing just called them ask for the price match and the girl on the phone said let me see if I can get you this tv as well.

So I figure what the hell, if I miss a few $10 certs they have more than made up for it before.

The store close to us also has a outstanding mobile phone staff. Been to other BB's and not so much but whoever runs this one is doing a great job.

[quote name='Byakurai']It varied last year too. It is just pretty much a lottery of if/when you'll get it as well as how knowledgeable your CS/RZ rep is.[/QUOTE]

If they would just call it a giveaway and that 5,000 rewards accounts were randomly picked from a "hat" that would maybe calm people down a bit.

Although I ran a contest at work for some customers and they still bitch no matter what. Almost to the point that you think why even bother. The people that bitch take all the fun out of it. LOL

[quote name='Bulletpig']If they would just call it a giveaway and that 5,000 rewards accounts were randomly picked from a "hat" that would maybe calm people down a bit.

Although I ran a contest at work for some customers and they still bitch no matter what. Almost to the point that you think why even bother. The people that bitch take all the fun out of it. LOL[/QUOTE]

Ya if they did that it would prolly calm people down but we would all know it's a lie but that's not the case..This has been going since last year and they always do this..and This isn't a contest this is just to try to get people who don't shop at BestBuy to give them a little gift and maybe that little $10 reward can end up being a $20 or more bonus win for BB..So in other words if you shop and spend a lot of money with them then best buy says "good for, God for us now you will be back next year no need to reward you" and if you don't spend anything they say"Hey here's a $10 reward, Come over to best buy and buy something with it and heck while your there you might find other stuff you would like"

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone should just send them a message showing how mad you are at them so they can just maybe learn and do pass them out to everyone..even though if i get a reward certificate i still won't shop at bestbuy

I send them this "Nice bestbuy so just keep ignoring my e-mails.. and don't come up with excuses like you guys are full with them because guess what idc and yea you guys probably don't care about majority of your customers which is why you guys offer the "reward certificates" to people who don't spend a single penny so you guys can try to lure them back into bestbuy..Well those people will spend there reward and not come back..I spend money on bestbuy and if you guys gave me a $20 reward i would come back and shop like i always do..But huge disappointment that i didn't get one therefore you just lost a customer and wish i ain't the only one that isn't satisfied so BB can go out of business.. Happy holidays BB and wish you the best =)"

Maybe copy paste or just come up with something who know's

[quote name='Truekonkern15']Everyone should just send them a message showing how mad you are at them so they can just maybe learn and do pass them out to everyone..even though if i get a reward certificate i still won't shop at bestbuy

I send them this "Nice bestbuy so just keep ignoring my e-mails.. and don't come up with excuses like you guys are full with them because guess what idc and yea you guys probably don't care about majority of your customers which is why you guys offer the "reward certificates" to people who don't spend a single penny so you guys can try to lure them back into bestbuy..Well those people will spend there reward and not come back..I spend money on bestbuy and if you guys gave me a $20 reward i would come back and shop like i always do..But huge disappointment that i didn't get one therefore you just lost a customer and wish i ain't the only one that isn't satisfied so BB can go out of business.. Happy holidays BB and wish you the best =)"

Maybe copy paste or just come up with something who know's[/QUOTE]

That is a great idea, but I would probably clean that message up a bit with a little better grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. I really cannot even understand it. No offense, but if you want them to do something for you, you may want to make the email sound a little more professional/mature. Haven't you seen the move "Summer School?" lol

For what its worth, I am a Reward Zone Silver Member, and I didn't get the $10 Certificate. I did get the $10 online certificate when they wouldn't ship me the Ben Hur Exclusive BluRay Set, but nothing to say "Happy Holidays!"

Ok, to contact the Best Buy Reward Zone, I used this link:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/contactus

I typed a pretty long, respectful email that basically outlined my disappointment in not receiving one of these $10 Certificates. I stated that if the Certificate was described as a Random Drawing, then it would at least make it clear that some members weren't more important than others and at least all Reward Zone members were still equally respected by Best Buy.

I signed off by wishing them a Very Happy Holiday, even though the Best Buy Reward Zone didn't wish me and many other Reward Zone members a Happy Holiday with the $10 GC.

Oh man, this thread was the BEST last year.
Here was my contribution to last years thread.
Yes, I did call, I did qualify, and I did get a $20 cert.

[quote name='gordojones88']I bought some penny guides last year so I called today and got a $20 cert.

I'ma call em back up with all my family's RZ accounts and get enough certs for a new HDTV.[/QUOTE]

I'm silver and got the $10. The funny thing is that the certificate didn't show up for a couple days. My history said happy holidays-cert issued, but I didn't have the cert to print until two days later. It's going towards the new Simpsons season on Tuesday.

I got one of these last year, but didn't notice that it expired at the end of the year. Hopefully I'll get one while Saints Row 3 is still on sale!

It seems they skipped me this year again, oh well. It is a bit confusing with some people saying they got it and havent shopped there in a while, and others saying they made huge amount of purchases yet they also recieved it. I understand why people are getting frustrated as it isnt just people who havent shopped there in a while getting these certs. I have spent about $5000+ at BB since Black Friday, so it would have been a nice gesture to get the holiday greetings cert, but it is what it is.

[quote name='GUNNM']people are mad because they aren't getting stuff free? wow[/QUOTE]

Yes and no.. People like me are made because other people that don't even spend a cent on bestbuy, but have a bestbuy reward zone account are getting free certs and we the usual customers that spend lets say $100+ are getting nothing..But i messaged them with the above message and i got my $10 cert..I will buy something with it but since BB has been disappointing me lately not just with this but with other stuff..i will not shop with them again once i waste this cert..So pretty much if they want to be jerks to me i won't hessitate to do the same to them :D

I didn't even know they gave these out. I've never got one. I tried calling for the heck of it. I called twice and was shot down by two different reps. I was polite and didn't bitch or anything I just asked if there was anyway I could get one since my friend got one.

First rep said they only give it out to a select few people (hah!) and he cannot issue one manually it's done by the system automatically. 2nd rep said the same thing about the system doing them automatically and again I was told there is no way for reps to manually issue people a $10 holiday certificate.

Was worth a shot regardless. I guess the reps aren't allowed to hand them out anymore since I assume they are getting a lot of these calls from people not getting the certificates.

I really think it is random because people who spent a lot didn't necessary get one and some people who didn't even shop at all this year have got one.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back