Check your BestBuy RZ for possible $10 Holiday Certificate

I guess the 6-7k I've spent there so far this year doesn't mean much to BB...I haven't gotten in on either of the $10 holiday certificate give-out's this year.

Are you guys SURE you didn't buy anything on Cyber Monday? BBY was running a "Spend $100, get $10 Digital GC" promotion. Got one in the email today and I just assumed that's what it was.

[quote name='SaveFarris']Are you guys SURE you didn't buy anything on Cyber Monday? BBY was running a "Spend $100, get $10 Digital GC" promotion. Got one in the email today and I just assumed that's what it was.[/QUOTE]

Digital GC is not the same as a reward zone certificate.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I got a rock.

And those fuckers still haven't shipped my big thanksgiving day order. I shake my fist at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

E-mail them and request an update. I did so and received a ship notification for my items.

I received one this afternoon. Thinking about using it for NFS Shift or wait for possible other deals next week.

sweet, got one!! funny thing is that I used to buy there all the time and I would be always so close to silver premier status but would never get there. Now couple years past and I hardly shop there anymore and they automatically promote me to silver premier status and now a free $10!!! What gives?! Guess it pays not to shop there.

[quote name='deletion']sweet, got one!! funny thing is that I used to buy there all the time and I would be always so close to silver premier status but would never get there. Now couple years past and I hardly shop there anymore and they automatically promote me to silver premier status and now a free $10!!! What gives?! Guess it pays not to shop there.[/QUOTE]

Your lucky on that count I got silver earlier this year but no certificate as usual. When I asked Best Buy about it I go ta response that read like it was geared towards someone else.:bomb:

I just noticed I got one. I have not shopped there in a long time (besides two online deals for Black Friday). Random $10 and I'm a Silver member.

Is anyone that is Silver 'banking' there points? BBWMC is the only card I use so my points always add up to get silver so I've been banking to get a new TV when I move, I bet they hate that..

I haven't got one yet nor did I get one last year.. With what I spend I should get something..

I'm silver and have been shopping there too much recently so no soup for me!

That'll teach me to shop there and spend money!

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']how do people spend so much at best buy lol[/QUOTE]

Several CAGs including myself were upgraded to Silver without spending $2500. I haven't spent 1/5 of that amount but I got Premier Silver status a couple months.

Yay! I woke up this morning to this! I love the holidays! I got a $10 Holiday Certificate. It was issued 12/1/11 and expires 12/31/11. I'm a frequent shopper at BB too. I recently used a $20 certificate on WWE 12 for the 360. So it is certainly random.

Thanks OP. If it wasn't for you I would have never knew it was there. I would of been so focused trying to get my next certificate! Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

[quote name='deletion']sweet, got one!! funny thing is that I used to buy there all the time and I would be always so close to silver premier status but would never get there. Now couple years past and I hardly shop there anymore and they automatically promote me to silver premier status and now a free $10!!! What gives?! Guess it pays not to shop there.[/QUOTE]

I was kinda similar, only never got close to premier status. Then last year they told me I qualified. Even sent me a new card, though I keep rocking the old see-thru zoner card:)

Only started buying here and there from Best Buy again last month or so and BAM got a $10 RZ certificate a few days ago (none Silver member btw). I Consider this a bribe for late ass shipping on some of my Black Friday items. Bribe accepted.

BEST BUY IS THE GREATEST STORE EVER. ALL HAIL THE YELLOW AND BLUE!

[quote name='io']I'm silver and have been shopping there too much recently so no soup for me!

That'll teach me to shop there and spend money![/QUOTE]
io, I bought at least 20 different items at Bestbuy.com from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday and still got the $10 Happy Holidays reward certificate. I have tons of points pending on my account. So I dont know what the criteria is to get one of these rewards certs is.

[quote name='addicted2games']io, I bought at least 20 different items at Bestbuy.com from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday and still got the $10 Happy Holidays reward certificate. I have tons of points pending on my account. So I dont know what the criteria is to get one of these rewards certs is.[/QUOTE]

All I know is that this is what, the 3rd or 4th or 5th time they've sent out "random" RZ certs and I have never gotten one.

Wtf, I have this on my account...

Date Type Description Amount Points
12/01/2011 Issued Certs Happy Holidays! - 0

Edit: There's a $10 cert waiting for me that expires on 12/31.

[quote name='ijustw1n']E-mail them and request an update. I did so and received a ship notification for my items.[/QUOTE]

I did that yesterday morning, and all I got back was an autoreply telling me to call if I wanted to cancel.

[quote name='gkrykewy']I did that yesterday morning, and all I got back was an autoreply telling me to call if I wanted to cancel.[/QUOTE]

Not to get off topic but it's you! The guy who helped me with my TV on GAF and AVS!

Anyway, I didn't get one of these and I'm silver/a CC holder. Calling in a little bit.

I got mine a few weeks ago online. Then, like a week or or after I found it (wouldn't have known to check if it wasn't for SD), I received a hard copy in the mail. Not sure what the criteria are for getting one, but I wondered how they expected me to know it was there at all, then the letter showed up. I bet others will see a hard copy soon, too.

I still don't have it. This is a great way to piss off your customers, "hey let's give everyone else but you a 10$ gift certificate for really no reason at all". We aren't entitled to it but when there is no criteria as to how to get these than I have every right to be dissapointed :(

I got it but this is by far my favorite thread of the year so far. Just seeing people getting pissed off for not getting a measly $10 gift certificate is priceless! This is what America has come to :argue:.

-DarkLegacy

[quote name='DarkLegacy']I got it but this is by far my favorite thread of the year so far. Just seeing people getting pissed off for not getting a measly $10 gift certificate is priceless! This is what America has come to :argue:.

-DarkLegacy[/QUOTE]

Well its kind of easy for you to say that as you acually got it :)

I just think its the principle of the thing more than anything else. They are giving these out to people with no basis as to why these are being given out. There are people here who spend tons of money at bestbuy and haven't gotten it but at the same time there are people who don't go there much at all and get it. It's weird you know. It's almost like they are flipping the bird at you for no reason lol

Oh and your Sig rules. Mustang ftw !

[quote name='strait edge follower']I still don't have it. This is a great way to piss off your customers, "hey let's give everyone else but you a 10$ gift certificate for really no reason at all". We aren't entitled to it but when there is no criteria as to how to get these than I have every right to be dissapointed :([/QUOTE]

i remember a couple years back they were giving out these gift certificates and I did not receive one either. That was the time i shopped hell of a lot at best buy. I'm sure this is their way of getting the non frequent shoppers back into the store. i guess they think if someone's already loyal and frequently shopping at BB, then why lure them in? i don't know. just my assumption.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well its kind of easy for you to say that as you acually got it :)

I just think its the principle of the thing more than anything else. They are giving these out to people with no basis as to why these are being given out. There are people here who spend tons of money at bestbuy and haven't gotten it but at the same time there are people who don't go there much at all and get it. It's weird you know. It's almost like they are flipping the bird at you for no reason lol

Oh and your Sig rules. Mustang ftw ![/QUOTE]

in that case, who knows what BB is thinking.

Didn't get one, don't plan on wasting my time to call and beg for one. I swear some people will call the radio station to complain when they aren't the 14th caller and demand the prize anyway.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well its kind of easy for you to say that as you acually got it :)

Oh and your Sig rules. Mustang ftw ![/QUOTE]

Well...that's because it's random. Now, if it was based on buying a certain amount of stuff or being a Silver member, people would have a right to complain if they didn't get it.

If people are going to complain about this, they might as well complain about contests that randomly draw out 5 people to win something.

My name wasn't drawn!!! I'm gonna call and complain!

LOL - these threads ALWAYS turn into the same thing... I didn't get it. I'm also not butt-hurt that others did. Sometimes there are WAY too many 2 year olds masquerading as adults on this site. These threads seem to bring them all out into the open.

Was able to get UFC and Shift 2 on 360 for 7 bucks and change thanks to the free $10 RZ Holiday coupon. Thanks Best Buy! Maybe they gave me one because of my recent shopping spree at their store? Dunno.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Was able to get UFC and Shift 2 on 360 for 7 bucks and change thanks to the free $10 RZ Holiday coupon. Thanks Best Buy! Maybe they gave me one because of my recent shopping spree at their store? Dunno.[/QUOTE]

Your ID reminds me of:

ice1.jpg

[quote name='DarkLegacy']I got it but this is by far my favorite thread of the year so far. Just seeing people getting pissed off for not getting a measly $10 gift certificate is priceless! This is what America has come to :argue:.

-DarkLegacy[/QUOTE]

Measly $10 makes a $29.99 game a $19.99 game. This isn't America. This is CAG. :p

Actually got one, wow. Kind of surprised since I didn't get the one from last month or so, and I didn't get one last year neither. I'll take it! Now if only my freaking Unlocked booklet would come in.. -_-

[quote name='anonimousse']i just emailed customer service. hope they can credit my account![/QUOTE]

On my phone at work, what's the email?

[quote name='Davestation']Being a Premiere Silver Member is getting shitier and shitier each year. Last year they took away the Cinemanow free rental a month and they just sold Napster to Rhapsody and that is no longer valid. Their so called "exclusive" deals have disappeared as well. Being a Silver for my fourth year running there is no point anymore. I just gained it again and will probably just use amazon from here on out. I also do not like their "show ID" return policy and overall poor B&M Customer Service. This promotion is lame as well, lets not thank our loyal customers, lets just send certificates to the flaky ones that have not shopped our stores in a certain amount of xxx days.

For those that say I'm an ass and that this is a "Free" program, free is only to the amount you spend. You spend nothing the program does not give you anything free at all (unless you don't use it for xxx days). I also have been a Rewards Member before it went "Free" and paid for the program the annual fee of a whopping $10 a year. I shop their with a false pretense that they "Value" my purchase and will be willing to give back. Instead they give me back the bare minimum their program offers.

So as a loyal customer it irks me to see stuff like this get out. I understand they want to bring more customers back, but its a real slap in the face to their loyal customers who achieve their lame "Silver" status year after year.

It just sucks seeing where this program started and now seeing how shitty overall it has become. For those of you that got the certificates, congratulations! For the others maybe next year....?[/QUOTE]

I hear ya buddy. Amazon is about to start getting all my business. Ive been with rewards since you had to pay for it. They believe they're getting your business either way. They give coupons out to lure in new business. Is that shady? Debatable... Its capitalsm. Should they "Reward" loyal customers? It would be nice. Will they? Theyre out to make money. Reward zone members, especially silver, are more likely to spend money at best buy either way. Why shouldnt they neglect us and lure in new business (people on the fence) - that benefits their bottom line more.

I dont like it... But what can you do? Well, you can threaten to shop elsewhere. If they want to keep you, they'll give you what youre asking for (within reason.) If they dont care, you wont get anything and you can happily take your business elsewhere. Thats exactly what Im going to do.

bread's done
Back