Check your email - Xbox Live Rewards Beta

scottman

CAGiversary!
I received a somewhat cryptic email from Xbox Live asking me to click through to a survey to potentially be chosen for the "beta" xbox live rewards program. The details say the first 60,000 respondents who meet the terms will be chosen. So if you have the email, do it now. The emails are recipient specific, so no link to post.

I think this is just for people who didn't fill out the survey when they applied for whatever reason.

I got the email yesterday and signed up right away. Hope I got in. I'm kind of excited because I love this kind of thing. It's interesting because there is zero news on what this is...just rumor.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Got it as well, was a member of the Diamond Club (when it was free) previously so maybe that helped.[/QUOTE]

I was in the Diamond Club too and gold for 4+ years but I didn't get the email.

My account that is about 4 months old got an invite, but my brothers account, which is 4 years old didnt get one.

I got one. I've only been a gold member for 4 months. Before that I messed with it from time to time. Never really had gold before. It must be completely random.

Was confirmed this is legitimate if people were wondering.
Today Microsoft confirmed to Kotaku that they are indeed looking into it.
"We are always exploring ways to provide the most value for our members and are currently testing a pilot rewards program with a select base of our Xbox LIVE community in the US," a spokesman told Kotaku. "We have no further details to share at this time."

[quote name='Spybreak8']Was confirmed this is legitimate if people were wondering.[/QUOTE]

I wonder why it's so hush hush, though. I guess I'm just used to everything being leaked and spoiled these days. Finally something comes from left field and it's taking us by surprise. I just hope it's a half-way cool program. I mean, what kind of rewards could there be? I guess it could be any of the following:

MS points
Credit towards XBLA and on-demand games
exclusive avatar gear and/or themes and gamerpics
or....dare I say it in this age of all-digital.....real life rewards like xbox themed clothes or even game discs?

No email here, member for 6 years. I went and checked xbox.com and in my email preferences I had "I want to receive insider information including a newsletter on games and other promotional offers." un-checked. I would guess having this turned off is severely limiting my chance for an invite.

[quote name='ananag112']I didn't get one :(. Maybe its because my Gold membership ran out.[/QUOTE]

My membership just ran out, but I got it. I'm hoping that I was one of the first 60,000, b/c I responded within 4-5 hours of receiving the email.

[quote name='freshzen']I'm pretty sure they only sent the e-mail to people that are fairly new to XBL within the past year.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='klwillis45']I got one, Live member since Beta.[/QUOTE] Reading the thread helps.

[quote name='freshzen']I'm pretty sure they only sent the e-mail to people that are fairly new to XBL within the past year.[/QUOTE]

You would be wrong! I been a member for over 2 years and got the email.

Looks like the winner will be notified by Nov 6th. Hope I get in for free stuff!

"You will be informed as to whether you have been accepted into the program on or before November 6, 2009."

lol I got an email from Microsoft Awards Team (odd since my account uses my gmail email) in my OTHER email address and it was from the UK stating that I won the lottery. All I had to do was give them my name, address, blah blah blah lol, SCAM! How stupid do they think I am?

[quote name='Lbgrowl']No email here, member for 6 years. I went and checked xbox.com and in my email preferences I had "I want to receive insider information including a newsletter on games and other promotional offers." un-checked. I would guess having this turned off is severely limiting my chance for an invite.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I think that may have killed it for me,lol

I just got a response saying I was accepted and that I was given 100MS points for being accepted and you receive X bonus points everytime you renew your gold acct and X more for filling out the coming surveys or downloading games/addons. Sweet!

got accepted. says its 6 mo program & u can start using points after 3 mo. doesnt say when u can do surveys, but thats only decent thing. others r like 1st purchase on marketplace, subscribe 2 netflix, 1 mo, 3mo & 1yr renewals to Live & surveys are all u get points 4. i just got Live 2 mos ago, so surveys would be sweet, but itll prob only count one we already did. silver members can do surveys & 1st mrktplc purchase.

[quote name='Magehart']I just got a response saying I was accepted and that I was given 100MS points for being accepted and you receive X bonus points everytime you renew your gold acct and X more for filling out the coming surveys or downloading games/addons. Sweet![/QUOTE]

Ditto!

[quote name='Khalid']Email said it was full for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Seeing as I was one of the first to reply to this thread I would imagine anyone who checked the email after seeing this thread wont get in.

My guess is that these were sent to users that don't buy Marketplace content regularly. Since they are giving away 100 points per survey why give out all those free points to heavy buyers?

Then again, the person posting after me will probably post that they buy every XBLA game every week and all RB DLC. lol

Lol I got in somehow. I've been a live member for 2 years but I am on and off where I am paying for gold. Right now I am only a silver member. While I don't buy every arcade game ever. I won over 10k ms points a while back from on of those promotions and spent them all pretty quickly lol.

[quote name='Magehart']I just got a response saying I was accepted and that I was given 100MS points for being accepted and you receive X bonus points everytime you renew your gold acct and X more for filling out the coming surveys or downloading games/addons. Sweet![/QUOTE]

I got the acceptance email as well :)lol:), but i don't quite understand how this works, haha.

It states that we got 100 free M$ points...but how do we redeem these points? Or are they automatically added to our xbox live account?

[quote name='Viol8tor']It states that we got 100 free M$ points...but how do we redeem these points? Or are they automatically added to our xbox live account?[/QUOTE]
I have the same question lol

bread's done
Back