Chris Benoit kills wife, 7 year old son and then self.

... I don't know if I should wish this obviously disturbed individual find peace in the after-life or rot in hell for his unforgivable final actions.

48mi7.jpg

May 21, 1967 ~ June 25, 2007​

Original Post:
It is with a great sadness, and the heaviest of hearts, that we say goodbye to "The Crippler" Chris Benoit.​

This may very well be the most unexpected wrestling deaths ever. Chris Benoit will be remembered as one of the greatest mat technicians and most respected wrestlers of all-time.​

I don't know what else to write, Chris Benoit was always one of my favorites, I can't think of a time when I ever even disliked one of his characters. I only hope his other two children and his extended family can make it through the difficulties associated with losing Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy (Woman from WCW) and their son, Daniel.​

More details as they become available...​

EDIT:​

WWE.com is calling this a double-murder/suicide. I won't post any more on the matter until more details have come to light. Needless to say this is one of the strangest occurences in wrestling history.​

As time has passed WWE.com has added they have information that police won't let them to disclose at the moment. In a move that is certain to raise more than a few suspicious eyebrows all of the wrestler testimonials from tonight's Raw have been pulled from the website.​

At this moment, I am not sure how to react. As a wrestling fan since the age of 3, I've seen a lot of crazy things, but never anything like this. I've watched Chris Benoit in the ring for over a decade, and the actions of this past weekend have left me shocked, disappointed and saddened. While a good part of me feels betrayed, I'd ultimately prefer to remember Chris Benoit for how he lived inside the wrestling ring, not the unfortunate circumstances surrounding his death.​

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5OHI-1KxXY[/media]​

Update 5:00pm 6/26:​

More details have come in, Benoit apparently bound and killed his wife on Friday, then his son on Saturday and finally the coward took his own life on Monday. For some reason he found it necessary to place bibles next to each of the bodies and then hung himself using some of his exercise equipment.​

Holy fucking Shit!!!!!

someone just told me to look at wwe. com and i saw this right now!

him and his family... this is crazy

rip! to one of the best wrestlers of all time!

[quote name='Genocidal']Without knowing anything, my first thought is a murder-suicide. This is entirely fucked up.. another of the Radicalz dead on the verge of claiming gold.[/quote]I honestly don't know what to say.

[quote name='Genocidal']I honestly don't know what to say.[/quote]

I'm scouring the internet right now looking for anything to say this isn't real. My gut feeling is this is no storyline. I can't imagine they'll continue the Vince fake death storyline after tonight.

This is just so surreal, just like Eddie's death all over again.

this fucking vince angle started it all..

fuck the vince mcmahon tribute show...wwe.com says tonight will be a benoit tribute show

this has to be clearly a slaughter......

Wasn't WCW's "Woman" Benoit's wife still? So, so crazy. There's only a handful of explanations I can see:

1. The aforementioned murder/suicide
2. Someone broke in and killed them for money/etc
3. This is a work... God I hope this is a work, but that makes no sense with Benoit being on ECW and everything, and why Benoit?

[quote name='Zen Davis']Even if it was in bad taste, I would prefer to be worked than for this to be real.[/quote]

Agreed.

So, the next thought to cross my mind is what if Benoit snapped and was doing the killing?

Furthermore what if WWE knew about this shit last night and kept it hush-hush so their ppv wasn't spoiled?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Wasn't WCW's "Woman" Benoit's wife still? So, so crazy. There's only a handful of explanations I can see:

1. The aforementioned murder/suicide
2. Someone broke in and killed them for money/etc
3. This is a work... God I hope this is a work, but that makes no sense with Benoit being on ECW and everything, and why Benoit?[/QUOTE]

Could be something simple like a carbon monoxide gas leak that took them out. Or someone hacked the WWE page

[quote name='Zen Davis']Even if it was in bad taste, I would prefer to be worked than for this to be real.[/QUOTE]

I do to Benoit is my favorite wrestler off all time. His kids were young IIRC.

RIP if true :cry:

I can't really believe this but it's being confirmed by all the wrestling news outlets. It can't be true....

MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OFBENOIT & FAMILY
By: Bob Ryder
6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his FAMILY were found dead at their Atlanta area home.
Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.
No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating.

[quote name='Graystone']Could be something simple like a carbon monoxide gas leak that took them out. Or someone hacked the WWE page[/quote]

Ya, I thought about the gas leak. That just doesn't make sense though, as the internet wrestling sites were reporting Benoit was having a family problem last night and that is why he missed the PPV.

Maybe the page was hacked though, that'd be the best case scenario here.

EDIT: Well after reading more maybe CO2 poisoning is a possibility here. What a preventable way to go. This is awful. Vince better show up tonight and can this angle.

[quote name='guyver2077']MORE DETAILS ON DEATH OFBENOIT & FAMILY
By: Bob Ryder
6/25/2007 6:36:57 PM

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his FAMILY were found dead at their Atlanta area home.
Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night's Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.
No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Ya, I thought about the gas leak. That just doesn't make sense though, as the internet wrestling sites were reporting Benoit was having a family problem last night and that is why he missed the PPV.

EDIT: Well after reading more maybe CO2 poisoning is a possibility here. What a preventable way to go. This is awful. Vince better show up tonight and can this angle.[/QUOTE]

Man this fucking sucks more then any other wrestler death.

I read the thread alot and dont post much, but I loved Chris Benoit. Im really hoping its a work, but i'm sure its not. Knowing the current WWE, the Vince Death Storyline wont be abandonend, but the "VKM memorial show" for tonight will never be seen. I'm really hoping Vince is there and makes a speech about how his death was storyline and that they break Kayfabe for the whole show tonight. I can see them picking up the VKM story line next week again, but I really hope they don't.

Holy shit.

This is the first time a wrestler's death has ever made me stop and feel sadness - not to say others that have died weren't as important, it's that I either didn't follow them / you could see it coming / never watched them wrestle.

But Benoit...man... my girlfriend was a huge fan of his. I still remember when he showed up in WWE in The Radicalz and I remember him in WCW, especially in the Owen Hart memorial service where he had one hell of a match with Bret Hart.

It's so unexpected, I mean, Benoit didn't seem to engage in any of the vices you hear about in regards to wrestling :cry:

[quote name='Graystone']Man this fucking sucks more then any other wrestler death.[/quote]

QFT.

I remember when I first started watching wrestling, and the whole WCW Monday Night Nitro vs. WWF Raw was going on. Benoit was definitely one of my favorite people to watch. None of that bullshit "hooray, look at me, I'm awsum" mentality...he just went out there to technically wrestle someone's ass into the ground.

Gotta give him credit....he never deviated from that formula for his entire career. Definitely a sad day in wrestling. :cry:

i just want to say this....

All the matches you bust your ass in, all the people you put over, all the years you performed at a level that no one will prob come close. Thank you...Thank you for giving me a reason to watch nitro and thunder, thank you for helping eddie turn around his life, thank you for being a great person and one who loved his fans. thank you Chris Benoit . I'll see you, your family, and Eddie in heaven one day hopefully
numb.gif

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Ya, I thought about the gas leak. That just doesn't make sense though, as the internet wrestling sites were reporting Benoit was having a family problem last night and that is why he missed the PPV.

EDIT: Well after reading more maybe CO2 poisoning is a possibility here. What a preventable way to go. This is awful. Vince better show up tonight and can this angle.[/quote]

Carbon Dioxide poisoning?

[quote name='Roufuss']Holy shit.

This is the first time a wrestler's death has ever made me stop and feel sadness - not to say others that have died weren't as important, it's that I either didn't follow them / you could see it coming / never watched them wrestle.

But Benoit...man... my girlfriend was a huge fan of his. I still remember when he showed up in WWE in The Radicalz and I remember him in WCW, especially in the Owen Hart memorial service where he had one hell of a match with Bret Hart.

It's so unexpected, I mean, Benoit didn't seem to engage in any of the vices you hear about in regards to wrestling :cry:[/QUOTE]

I was at a wrestling show, and I was in the bleacher area he came around and touched every fans hand on the way out after his match. Well except mine cause there was a trash can in the way so he went around it, and began to smack everyone else's hand. RIP Benoit.

I've also read that no websites or news places out of Atlanta has reported Benoit and his family's death. They could be behind on the news, but I'm hoping it is just another stupid WWE storyline.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I've also read that no websites or news places out of Atlanta has reported Benoit and his family's death. They could be behind on the news, but I'm hoping it is just another stupid WWE storyline.[/QUOTE]

If it's a work I will never watch WWE again and would lose respect for everyone involved almost instantly.

I mean, USA want's RAW to have higher ratings, this would bring in higher ratings for sure, and one part of me wants for this to be a work so I can be happy he's still alive, but another part at me would be furious.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I've also read that no websites or news places out of Atlanta has reported Benoit and his family's death. They could be behind on the news, but I'm hoping it is just another stupid WWE storyline.[/quote]

god i hope so......but i have a bad feeling.....

This is insane. I had to do a double take at this topic and honestly I feel a little sick that we really can't tell whats going on here.

It's pretty sad that when I told my friend this he immediately thought it was fake, due to that stupid Vince McMahon angle.

I don't know, this just seems like there is too many coincendences - tonight was the Vince memorial, now it's the Benoit memorial, he didn't show up to the PPV so every is like "where was he?", USA has been dogging WWE for ratings.

RAW is very soon... the tone of Raw will let us know if it's real or not. If it really happened, Raw will be a straight up memorial show like we've seen before.

I hope it didn't really happen :cry:

I told my gf, and she doesn't know if it's real or not either - I feel the same as Courageous, a little sick that we don't know if it's real or not which is a slap in the face to the legacy of Benoit if it's real.

[quote name='SIUfan']Carbon Dioxide poisoning?[/quote]

Oops, I always sucked at Chemistry (and Biology), I was more of a Math, History and English kind of guy... ignore the 2.

I half believe that this is just them taking the angle to new heights and giving Benoit a break from television... this is fucking horrible we don't know what to believe.

fuck Vince McMahon and fuck WWE.

Man this really hits hard. Here is to hoping he gets as fitting a tribute as Owen Hart did.

Edit: WWE needs to learn a little something about professionalism when dealing with this matter. TNA's article regading his death was constructed in a manner that was much better and didn't seem as fake as WWE's. Telling people to check out these pictures of a person who just lost their life just seems so tacky and done in bad taste.

[quote name='guyver2077']im sorry but no way this is a work.... wtf wwe killed off his family as well?

if it is a work then fuck you vince...[/quote]

Well they did "kill" Al Wilson. Still, I very much doubt this is fabricated. Benoit's "death" would take too much away from Vince's "death", so there's no way they'd make that up as Vince MUST (by his own demand) be the center of the storylines at all times.

Thus, I believe Benoit's death is a very sad reality.

I feel sick to my stomach. Just so much wrong with this and as much as I love watching Chris wrestle and of course watching Nancy years ago, I feel so bad for Daniel. He was only about 7 years old. That's just sad any way you cut it. I hope all 3 find peace and love in the next life.

bread's done
Back