Chris Benoit kills wife, 7 year old son and then self.

The first thing that I thought when I heard the amount of steroids that he was getting was that he was supplying the roster. There was no way he could have been taking the entire amount that he was getting on his own.

[quote name='Demolition Man']According to Wade Keller the toxicology report on Chris Benoit is supposed to be released at around 2:30 PM EST tommmorow.[/quote]

Just when this story was dying down too...

Good grief:

ECW Press announced today that they have signed author Irv Muschnick to craft a book about the Benoit family tragedy. Entitled "Chris and Nancy," it is expected to be completed for a 2008 release.

Sid Vicious, Nancy Benoit, as well as, a whole slew of others are undoubtedly rolling over in their graves at this one.

Well hopefully it'll provide some sort of closure and end to this whole thing. I still haven't watched any Benoit matches since this happened. Eventually I'm sure part of me will want to just because there have been some amazing Benoit matches. We'll see what it's like.

EDIT - The toxicology reports will provide the closure, the book won't provide shit.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Good grief:

Sid Vicious, Nancy Benoit, as well as, a whole slew of others are undoubtedly rolling over in their graves at this one.[/quote]

When did Sid Vicious get involved in this thing?

[quote name='Zen Davis']When did Sid Vicious get involved in this thing?[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the title of the movie "Sid and Nancy," and its resemblance to the book's title.

At any rate, if Sid Vicious (the "bass player," if he could be called that) wasn't bothered by that awful movie with Gary Oldman, then this won't mean anything.

Oh man, I just read an interview with Gunner Scott. I had totally forgotten about Benoit taking that several month hiatus back during the Brent Albright angle. Thus leading to Scott's release.

I'd have to imagine the took that time off for more reasons than because he was "burnt out" as WWE claimed.

4749.gif

[quote name='mykevermin']Only Testosterone found in his system, huh? WWE surely feels vindicated, though an *excellent* article in today's NY Times pointed out that WWE has refused to disclose the results of Benoit's three drug tests prior to the April one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/17/sports/othersports/17wrestling.html[/QUOTE]

Makes one wonder if the WWE not only knew he was using roids but is now trying to cover their tracks so they can defend the sillyness known as "The Wellness Program." :whistle2:k

[quote name='Demolition Man']Makes one wonder if the WWE not only knew he was using roids but is now trying to cover their tracks so they can defend the sillyness known as "The Wellness Program." :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I don't wonder, frankly. They're happy to ship out their lawyers, PR people, and wrestlers to the media to help put a positive spin on things. They have nothing to hide from the drug tests, unless, of course, they show that he had an abnormally high T/E ratio. If he passed them, in other words, WWE would have sent them out without the request of the media, so their refusal to divulge is very telling.

Another thing to keep in mind: the Tennessee company is contracted to handle the drug tests, but it's up to WWE to actually *enforce* them. The testing company can't suspend Chris Benoit, but WWE can. It's very possible that they are not holding up their end of the wellness program bargain, and by overlooking positive drug tests (Benoit's previous three), the entire foundation for the WWE's wellness program argument falls the fuck apart.

On another note, Daniel was apparently highly sedated with Xanax, which leads to more ruminating about Benoit as the "family annihilator." It's atypical for murderers to sedate their victims, unless, among other reasons, it is a "mercy killing."

Welcome to big business. Do you really think any business(big or small) will send their lawyers out to pass along negative info? I don't think so. Everything gets a spin.

[quote name='Blitz']Welcome to big business. Do you really think any business(big or small) will send their lawyers out to pass along negative info? I don't think so. Everything gets a spin.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information. I never thought about it that way before.

:rofl:

[quote name='mykevermin']Only Testosterone found in his system, huh? WWE surely feels vindicated, though an *excellent* article in today's NY Times pointed out that WWE has refused to disclose the results of Benoit's three drug tests prior to the April one.[/QUOTE]

The reports I've seen on-line now say that steroids were found in his body -- "Investigators said Tuesday they found steroids and other drugs in the body of pro wrestler Chris Benoit, who killed his wife and young son last month before hanging himself in the family's home.

Investigators found steroids in the body of pro wrestler Chris Benoit who killed his family in June. His son tested positive for Xanax.

Besides steroids, Benoit's body contained the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, according to a statement from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation."

Is that different than what you heard at the press conference?

Yep. He said "testosterone." Of course, the ration was crazy high, but indicative of a recently administered testosterone supplement. As WWE's drug policy stipulates, years of steroid abuse evidently renders the body incapable of producing (as much?) testosterone, so supplements are necessary.

So, did I miss something, or is the media being irresponsible again?

Here is what is being reported:

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit had steroids and other drugs in his system when he killed his wife and young son last month and hanged himself in the family's home, investigators said Tuesday.

Benoit's body contained 10 times the normal level of testosterone, which appeared to have been injected shortly before he died, as well as the anti-anxiety drug Xanax and the painkiller hydrocodone, authorities said.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.

The state's top medical examiner, Dr. Kris Sperry, said there was no evidence of any other anabolic steroids in the wrestler's body and nothing to show that steroids played a role in the deaths of Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

"An elevation of that ratio does not translate into something abnormal in a person's thought process or behavior," he said.

So, it looks like 10X the normal level of testosterone is being called "steroids." Not sure if that is medically correct or not. Nevertheless, it surely goes beyond normal replacement therapy.

Maybe they're stretching to suggest that testosterone supplements = steroids? Irresponsible either way.

Benoits testosterone/epitestosterone ratio was 59:1. That's not a misprint. 6:1 or higher will disqualify you from the Olympics (or maybe 4:1, but that doesn't change the huge discrepancy that much, frankly).

[quote name='sgs89']The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Benoit tested negative for alcohol.
[/QUOTE]

I thought there was an empty bottle of wine at Benoit's feet when they found him?

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't wonder, frankly. They're happy to ship out their lawyers, PR people, and wrestlers to the media to help put a positive spin on things. They have nothing to hide from the drug tests, unless, of course, they show that he had an abnormally high T/E ratio. If he passed them, in other words, WWE would have sent them out without the request of the media, so their refusal to divulge is very telling.[/quote]

More like admission of guilt on their part. The mere fact that they are refusing to come forth on previous test results speaks volumes.

And for the record.... if this was TNA in question here.... I would say the same thing. Then again when their current world champ is someone who everyone including my dead grandpa knows was at some point in his WWE stint was roiding up. Jesus just look at a photo of Kurt from early 2000 then look at one from, say, 2004.

I don't care about what Dixie Carter says either. TNA needs to have standards in regards to drug and steroid use if they don't want to end up where the WWE is right now. The perception I have gotten about TNA's attitude thus far has been nothing but looking the other way from it. Unless I missed an interview somewhere with Dixie, Jeff Jarrett, hell even Don West saying that TNA does have drug/steroid standards.....

*going back to WWE/Benoit now*

Another thing to keep in mind: the Tennessee company is contracted to handle the drug tests, but it's up to WWE to actually *enforce* them. The testing company can't suspend Chris Benoit, but WWE can. It's very possible that they are not holding up their end of the wellness program bargain, and by overlooking positive drug tests (Benoit's previous three), the entire foundation for the WWE's wellness program argument falls the fuck apart.

While the WWE can (and should) enforce the Wellness Policy... wouldn't it be an all tell sign if all of a sudden a bunch of talent is suddenly suspended one day after a test is done. There's a number of people that I personally suspect of roid use... and I'm not just suspecting Chris Masters or even the wrestler that was one known as Terra Ryzing in WCW.

On another note, Daniel was apparently highly sedated with Xanax, which leads to more ruminating about Benoit as the "family annihilator." It's atypical for murderers to sedate their victims, unless, among other reasons, it is a "mercy killing."

If anything that bit said today alone should end most theories on this being an murder job done by anyone other than Chris.

Testosterone = steroid; it's easier to produce/obtain than some fancy designer steroids.
T/E of 59 is very high and no way physiologic.

Edit: I also noticed that they said his son couldn't be tested for Fragile X. That doesn't sound right; all you do is Southern blot on a DNA sample. It's not like these things magically disappear overnight.

[quote name='BigT']Testosterone = steroid; it's easier to produce/obtain than some fancy designer steroids.
T/E of 59 is very high and no way physiologic.

Edit: I also noticed that they said his son couldn't be tested for Fragile X. That doesn't sound right; all you do is Southern blot on a DNA sample. It's not like these things magically disappear overnight.[/QUOTE]

There were a lot of relevant questions they didn't answer today, and things they could no longer look at, due to body decomposition. I'm no forensic scientist, but at our point in society, we should possess knowledge of how long the body takes to breakdown materials so that they are unresearchable, and also know what to examine in what scenarios. GBI seemed to fuck off and not do their job very well, apparently.

the long and short from what I read wife was shitfaced druk at .18 he and his son had no roids in them. now all the crap the media has said about the wwe and roids reguarding this case can be used as slander and I hopre the wwe sues the fuck out of some of these idiots.

From pwtorch http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_21004.shtml

Georgia Bureau of Investigation
News Release

GBI Crime Laboratory Postmortem Toxicology Test Results on the Benoits

Nancy Benoit

1) Positive for hydrocodone – 120 micrograms per liter
2) Positive for hydromorphone - 28 micrograms per liter
3) Positive for alprazolam (Xanax) – 23 micrograms per liter

Blood Alcohol – 0.184 grams per 100ml
Note: Blood Alcohol and drug levels may be affected by decomposition.

Daniel Benoit
1) Positive for alprazolam (Xanax) – 110 micrograms per liter
Blood Alcohol - negative
Note: Due to early decomposition and lack of an adequate amount of urine, testing for steroid hormones and Human Growth Hormone could not be performed.

Chris Benoit
1) Positive for alprazolam (Xanax) – 50 micrograms per liter
2) Positive for hydrocodone - 45 micrograms per liter

Blood Alcohol - negative

Results on steroid tests from an outside laboratory:
Testosterone (urine) – 207 micrograms per liter (Level less than 150 micrograms is considered normal)
Epitestosterone (urine) – 3.5 micrograms per liter
Testosterone/Epitestosterone Ratio (T/E) – 59 (Level less than 6 is considered normal)

No other anabolic steroid drugs or chemical analogues of testosterone were detected.

There was no evidence of Gamma Hydroxybutyrate (GHB) in any of the three individuals.

So Nancy was drunk as hell and that probably made it even easier on Benoit. The son was sedated so it was even easier as a "mercy" killing. Benoit then commited suicide unable to face the public and live with his sins. It's too bad we'll never know what went through his head at that time. Only Benoit and God knows.

Sad world man.

Well, if she was lying around dead for a couple of days in the heat, bacteria from the gut would get into her bloodstream and ferment glucose into ethanol.
Here's a good article regarding this: http://www.bmj.com/archive/7125/7125e3.htm
The author recommends taking samples from other parts of the body where bacteria cannot infiltrate as easily; for example, the vitreous fluid within the eye or even the urine within the bladder.

What strikes me about the results is Benoit's low epitestosterone value. According to this article by Catlin (a UCLA endocrinologist who is a big name in anti-doping) average values of epitestosterone (in med students FWIW; go UCLA :applause: ) is about 27. In the article (http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/48/4/629) they give most of their results in natural logarithms.

mean ln[epitestosterone] = 3.30 with a std deviation of 0.7
ln[Benoit's epitestosterone] = ln[3.5] = 1.25
His epitestosterone levels was about 3 standard deviations below the mean. That's why his T/E ratio is sky high! Of course, this analysis assumes same/similar analytical methods used by both labs.

Since most epitestosterone is created in the testes, it appears like he may have been suffering from hypogonadism, likely from chronic steroid abuse. see http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/links/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2265.1999.00742.x

bread's done
Back