Christian Bale is a Douche

A Production Assistant walking in the background can happen, a DP walking anywhere that can be seen should never happen. The funny thing with this sound bit coming out now just means the Sound Mixer's check has cleared so either he felt some sympathy towards the DP or also disliked Bale on set.

I would agree to have a DP cross into frame (apparently twice according to Bale) is very unusual, his reaction is not normal or acceptable. Maybe saying something to the effect of keep a handle on your crew would be appropriate, but not this outburst. There aren't usually many screaming matches on set, unless it's someone getting reamed out by their superior (I believe the director said he didn't see it?!?), but rarely do the cast and crew fight unless it's a creative issue.

That being said, it's difficult to say exactly what was going on in terms of the day. It may be at the end of a 12 hour day, when everyone's nerves are on edge, so that may have an effect on everyone's behavior.

[quote name='lordwow']I would agree to have a DP cross into frame (apparently twice according to Bale) is very unusual, his reaction is not normal or acceptable. Maybe saying something to the effect of keep a handle on your crew would be appropriate, but not this outburst. There aren't usually many screaming matches on set, unless it's someone getting reamed out by their superior (I believe the director said he didn't see it?!?), but rarely do the cast and crew fight unless it's a creative issue.

That being said, it's difficult to say exactly what was going on in terms of the day. It may be at the end of a 12 hour day, when everyone's nerves are on edge, so that may have an effect on everyone's behavior.[/QUOTE]

I have absolutely no reason to trust that you have any authority on this subject, so, consider your opinions discarded.

"You're a nice guy! You're a nice guy, but that don't f**king cut it when you're bullshi**ing and f**king around on the set..."

I thought his politeness came through with this line. :lol:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I have absolutely no reason to trust that you have any authority on this subject, so, consider your opinions discarded.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I guess I'll have to take my production experience off my resume now :whee:

Actually, now that I've actually listened to the audio, I don't think he sounds like a drama queen at all. He sounds worn out and legitimately upset. If he was just just being a cry baby he wouldn't be telling the guy he was nice... but a moron.

I've been in similar positions before. Someone does something stupid but fairly insignificant repeatedly. You ignore it as much as you can but one day you just lose it on them. Everyone around you only saw this one instance so you look like a juvenile asshole making a big deal about something small, even though it's not an isolated incident.

Still, in most professional positions, you'd get in trouble or even be fired for an outburst like that. I think both Bale and the DP were being unprofessional.

I can't believe that this is such a pathetic fucking pussy-ass chickenshit world that anyone could think it's such a big deal when someone yells at somebody every once in a while.

[quote name='lordwow']:lol: I guess I'll have to take my production experience off my resume now :whee:[/QUOTE]

Unbacked claim about profession on internet = worthless.

I'm really sick of your posts.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
Unbacked claim about profession on internet = worthless.

I'm really sick of your posts.[/QUOTE]

:lol: there's an ignore button if you're really that offended by the fact I've worked in the film industry.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Bale is not a douche. I agree Harry Knowles. The DP is a fucking moron. Bale had every right to go off on him.

Why the fuck they hired a dude who's mostly shot shitty comedies to shoot something as huge as T4 is just completely beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

I'm sure it's difficult getting prepared for an emotional scene and it was irresponsible for the DP to be a distracting figure in the room.

Cut Bale some slack. No one is perfect.

[quote name='Kayden']I've been in similar positions before. Someone does something stupid but fairly insignificant repeatedly. You ignore it as much as you can but one day you just lose it on them. Everyone around you only saw this one instance so you look like a juvenile asshole making a big deal about something small, even though it's not an isolated incident.[/quote]

That is a pretty immature way to handle the situation. You should speak to the person about their behavior - maybe they are unaware it annoys you so much. If that fails you should consult a superior or HR rep on how to handle it. There's really no excuse for losing your temper.

[quote name='JPRaup']Christian Bale Apologizes For Going Batshit Insane: http://thefilmstage.com/2009/02/06/christian-bale-apologizes-for-going-batshit-insane/[/quote]

AFAIC, this is class, and case closed.

BTW CoffeeEdge is a troll, pay attention at your own peril. I thought your post sounded pretty reasonable LW.

[quote name='camoor']There's really no excuse for losing your temper.[/QUOTE]

The nature of humans as emotional beings doesn't count?

At the end of the day, people will still watch more Bale movies than Tom Cruise's projects. Being an asshole for a day gets you a pass. It's different being out of your damn mind 24/7 to the point where people don't see your character, they just see that crazy actor pretending to be somebody in front of a camera.

[quote name='lordwow']:lol: there's an ignore button if you're really that offended by the fact I've worked in the film industry.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Nice one.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']At the end of the day, people will still watch more Bale movies than Tom Cruise's projects. Being an asshole for a day gets you a pass. It's different being out of your damn mind 24/7 to the point where people don't see your character, they just see that crazy actor pretending to be somebody in front of a camera.[/quote]

Last time I looked Tom Cruise is the bigger star. Bale has done some good stuff and this crowd (IE young males) love him but he'll never have the mainstream appeal of Tom Cruise.

At the end of the day people will still seek the actor/actress who entertains them best, regardless of the actor's personal life. See: Robert Downey Jr., Elvis Presley, Marlon Brando, Travolta...

bread's done
Back