ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Can we still call it "Pinky"? ;)[/QUOTE]
pinky.jpg

NARF!

Personally I found a large difference. My first time through SP I didn't try for S really just to complete the missions. When I went back to get all the S rank stuff after having played online a bit I started using my own and I can say the "stop the enemy before they reach point x" type objectives are a hell of a lot easier with your own mech. Hell I did most missions with my base hunter guy. Speed 255, 4 piles, 4 MGs. Since few missions have actual hounds on them you can use the MGs all day while zooming around like crazy. If there is a hound 4 piles in the face really really hurts. The only missions I recall not being able to do this with were the heavy gunner missions. In those just make a sniper mech. More accurate, still has the range. It's kind of cheating but the game lets you do it anyway. Just make sure you bring enough ammo along since many of those missions require taking a LOT of shots. In the end I got all S rank pretty easy using those 2 types. The only mission I had to replay a few times was one of the heavy gunner ones where you have to take out a whole town pretty much. I ran out of ammo until I redesigned with some MGs on my sniper to take out the easy targets.

[quote name='WildWop']Unless you're playing a bunch of online at the same time as SP, I don't see a benefit in building your own mech vs borrowing one for the missions. What they give you is usually enough to get an S Rank (or at least an A).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crowbb']Personally I found a large difference. My first time through SP I didn't try for S really just to complete the missions. When I went back to get all the S rank stuff after having played online a bit I started using my own and I can say the "stop the enemy before they reach point x" type objectives are a hell of a lot easier with your own mech. Hell I did most missions with my base hunter guy. Speed 255, 4 piles, 4 MGs. Since few missions have actual hounds on them you can use the MGs all day while zooming around like crazy. If there is a hound 4 piles in the face really really hurts. The only missions I recall not being able to do this with were the heavy gunner missions. In those just make a sniper mech. More accurate, still has the range. It's kind of cheating but the game lets you do it anyway. Just make sure you bring enough ammo along since many of those missions require taking a LOT of shots. In the end I got all S rank pretty easy using those 2 types. The only mission I had to replay a few times was one of the heavy gunner ones where you have to take out a whole town pretty much. I ran out of ammo until I redesigned with some MGs on my sniper to take out the easy targets.[/quote]
Hmm, maybe so, but I am aiming to get S class in every mission, so far the lowest Iv'e gotten is class A. I just beat the 4th mission for Sniping with a class S, and custom strategies beat out the go here and shoot thigns the game gave me. I kept going to the farthest spot ,and kileled everything, yet they told me they were dying, looks like while moving I missed the first wave. So I went on the road, and kileld them all before they even got to D2 (which netted me an extra 1000 points).

Getting class S makes you feel awesome, and now I have it for every mission in the Solider RT, and 1-4 for Sniper Rt. EDIT: Make that 1-5. With all these extra parts I'm going to have a badass mech.

EDIT: Oh and btw, I'm aiming for something fast with light weapons.

EDIT EDIT: and what are piles and MG's?

[quote name='King_Sprout']Hmm, maybe so, but I am aiming to get S class in every mission, so far the lowest Iv'e gotten is class A. I just beat the 4th mission for Sniping with a class S, and custom strategies beat out the go here and shoot thigns the game gave me. I kept going to the farthest spot ,and kileled everything, yet they told me they were dying, looks like while moving I missed the first wave. So I went on the road, and kileld them all before they even got to D2 (which netted me an extra 1000 points).

Getting class S makes you feel awesome, and now I have it for every mission in the Solider RT, and 1-4 for Sniper Rt. EDIT: Make that 1-5. With all these extra parts I'm going to have a badass mech.

EDIT: Oh and btw, I'm aiming for something fast with light weapons.

EDIT EDIT: and what are piles and MG's?[/QUOTE]
You may be in for a surprise once you get online. They have way better parts when you play the actual Neroimus War. You can run throught he game to finish it with any rank and then i tunlocks a mission select so you can go back and replay any mission that you didn't get an S ranking in.

Piles are a melee weapon that you can purchase online that gives out major damage but you have to be right on the enemy or HQ. MG's are machine guns.

[quote name='CheapyD']We've lost the war :(
Now what happens?[/quote]

A new one begins shortly after and we do it all over again :bouncy:

Ramo, are we changing alliegence again? Sal Kar had some good stuff to buy that I didnt get a chance to since I was poor when we were part of that Nation.

Chromehounds Content is now up on XBLM:

New in game content for 'Chromehounds' is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace.The following content is available for 100 points each in all Xbox Live regions except Mexico.

Light arms 01
Heavy arms 02
Light arms 03
Light arms 04
Spacer 01
Light arm s05
Spacer 02
Generator 01
Spacer 03
Color Pattern 03

I hope I got enough points for all this stuff.

yeah we had to make a quick decision last night and decided that the Morkoj weapons would be better for the newcomers like Cheapy and anonymous. We can go to Sal Kar for the next war. There were a few things I think I may have missed too, like spacers and such.

So is this the first 360 DLC that can be used in an online competitive game?
I really don't like the dangerous precedent this sets.

[quote name='CheapyD']So is this the first 360 DLC that can be used in an online competitive game?
I really don't like the dangerous precedent this sets.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. The game was already a little too involved for me to really get into it (I was expecting more Mechwarrior and less "Pimp My Mech"), but the day I heard about this was the day I officially gave up on it. It's just a very disturbing precedent.

[quote name='darkrage']me neither:

"Spend an extra 20 dollars and get better weapons than the cheapasses."[/quote]
For all the new content its actually $12.50 if you paid $20 for your 1600pt card and $10.00 if you paid $15 for your 1600pt card ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']So is this the first 360 DLC that can be used in an online competitive game?
I really don't like the dangerous precedent this sets.[/QUOTE]

If they even THINK about doing this with Halo 3 I'm going to flip out... then buy them... but flip out nonetheless. I agree that this could usher in an ugly situation for XBL gaming.

These micropurchases need to follow the Halo Map Pack formula and go free after a certain period of time. Irrespective of whether or not it is truly worth it to spend $1 to get ONE WEAPON (or a spacer... are they serious? really?) if it is a useful item that generates an imbalance in the competition it needs to become widely available for free at some point.

It'd be like holding a sponsored online tourney that features only pay-to-play maps and gametypes... it just shouldn't be done.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For all the new content its actually $12.50 if you paid $20 for your 1600pt card and $10.00 if you paid $15 for your 1600pt card ;)[/QUOTE]
that still seems like a lot for a game I just bought less than a month ago. Are these weapons even worth it?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']For all the new content its actually $12.50 if you paid $20 for your 1600pt card and $10.00 if you paid $15 for your 1600pt card ;)[/QUOTE]
that still seems like a lot for a game I just bought less than a month ago. Are these weapons even worth it?

[quote name='Santurio']that still seems like a lot for a game I just bought less than a month ago. Are these weapons even worth it?[/quote]

I don't know yet. I've been browsing the Chromehound boards for specs/details and havent had luck. The parts are getting mixed reviews. I read that someone said that the rifle shoots in bursts of 3 and its pretty good. I'll update as soon as I can find more concrete info.

[quote name='anomynous']so should I switch allegiance?[/quote]

No need to. When Ramo (our leader) changes alliegances, it changes them for the whole squad.

Alright, I broke down and got the 3-shot rifle and cannon. :)

The new rifle is good when placed in a group of 2-3. There's a tad bit of a reload time, but getting 6-9 rounds down range in one burst looks to be very effective. Only complaint is that ammo goes alot quicker (obviously). Now if they would just release a fully automatic rifle...

The cannon seems more accurate then the previous ones I've tried. I've grouped three together on one arm, and it seems very deadly with little kickback and a tight shot group. It fires in a "straighter line" than the other cannons (which seem to have a bit of an arch).

So far I'm happy with my purchase, and can't wait to try these out with the squad (or on the squad, lol). I'm hating micropurchases as much as the next guy, but for $2.50 total I'm very satisfied with these items. I've put in about 50 hours into this game, and to me it's worth it. I'm glad they allowed us to pick and choose what we wanted, instead of coming out with a bulk purchase. A consolation of these downloads is that once you buy them, they appear in your store as free items so you can get as many as you want.

Hope this mini-review helps.

[quote name='toper']Alright, I broke down and got the 3-shot rifle and cannon. :)

The new rifle is good when placed in a group of 2-3. There's a tad bit of a reload time, but getting 6-9 rounds down range in one burst looks to be very effective. Only complaint is that ammo goes alot quicker (obviously). Now if they would just release a fully automatic rifle...

The cannon seems more accurate then the previous ones I've tried. I've grouped three together on one arm, and it seems very deadly with little kickback and a tight shot group. It fires in a "straighter line" than the other cannons (which seem to have a bit of an arch).

So far I'm happy with my purchase, and can't wait to try these out with the squad (or on the squad, lol). I'm hating micropurchases as much as the next guy, but for $2.50 total I'm very satisfied with these items. I've put in about 50 hours into this game, and to me it's worth it. I'm glad they allowed us to pick and choose what we wanted, instead of coming out with a bulk purchase. A consolation of these downloads is that once you buy them, they appear in your store as free items so you can get as many as you want.

Hope this mini-review helps.[/QUOTE]

I'd still rather spend Chromehound money than my real US money anyday. I would give them $1 million for each of those DL weapons with in game money.

Thanks for the review. I know it sounds like I'm bitching .......................well I am, but I'm going to buy them anyway.

Here is my simple question. If I purchase the one of the parts can I place as many of them on my hound as I want correct?

I do not have to purchase three cannons to bunch them up.

One purchase means unlimited use correct?

Also can these parts be traded?

Finally when this war is over we are going over to Sal Kar correct. Can we then stay with this nation for three seasons so I can get that metal? As long as others in the squad that do not have the metal are also cool with the idea.

[quote name='flybrione']Here is my simple question. If I purchase the one of the parts can I place as many of them on my hound as I want correct?

Finally when this war is over we are going over to Sal Kar correct. Can we then stay with this nation for three seasons so I can get that metal? As long as others in the squad that do not have the metal are also cool with the idea.[/quote]
You purchase one. It will show up in the shop valued at 0, you can buy as many as you want.

Yes

No trading...That would defeat the purpose of XBLM. (EDIT: Confirmed No trading from Chromehounds forums)

I'm cool with it, but Ramo controls the Squad.

[quote name='flybrione']Here is my simple question. If I purchase the one of the parts can I place as many of them on my hound as I want correct?

Finally when this war is over we are going over to Sal Kar correct. Can we then stay with this nation for three seasons so I can get that metal? As long as others in the squad that do not have the metal are also cool with the idea.[/QUOTE]

Yes, one purchase means unlimited use (as mentioned in my post).

I read on gamefaqs that you can't trade DLC parts...I haven't tried, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.

Here's some more info on the parts:

• Light arms 01: A rifle with a special internal mechanism enabling triple-burst firing (100GP).
  • Heavy arms 02: Improved MS1000. More powerful propellant (100GP).
  • Light arms 03: High-speed automatic machinegun designed by researching Tarakia’s rapid-fire mechanism (100GP).
  • Light arms 04: New anti-HOUND rocket that uses a different missile. Low muzzle velocity, but extremely powerful (100GP).
  • Spacer 01: Tarakian V-spacer to have 2 junctions (60GP).
  • Light arms 05: Improved cannon with long gun barrel for accurate shot (100GP).
  • Spacer 02: Morskoj spacer, useful in various locations (60GP).
  • Generator 01: Third generation generator of Morskoj based on G1500. Armor improved (100GP).
  • Spacer 03: Sal Kari T-spacer with seperated junctions (60GP).
  • Color Pattern 03: Color: WWII Winter Camouflage (100GP).

Found this on gamefaqs (posted by "Joedirt25"):

"I just downloaded the parts, my review....

The small machine gun its fast but such low ammo it'll be empty in less then a minute. THUMBS DOWN

The assult rifle is a nice touch, triple fire action with good stability. THUMBS UP

The HEAT rockets arent much improved, not a great addition.
THUMBS DOWN

The Cannons with a longer barrel are a nice improvment, very accurate. THUMBS UP

The Heavy Missles, im not much of a heavy missle user but with less ammo i dont see this as an improvment. Its heavier but fires slightly faster which a few times cause the missles to miss because it couldnt turn enough. ALso the range has been shortened. UNDERTMINED

The V and the T spacer arent worth buying, they're just a different design of existing parts. THe third spacer may already be an existing part, but could be an experimental part, it looks like a scorpion tail with 3 addon pegs at the top.

Form your own opinons of the weapons, this is just a heads up of what i think."

I was wondering about some of the clan members that never play. Do keep them on or what? I got a friend that I have been playing games with and he wants to join up. He plays quite often and I was wondering if we could lose some the players that have only played once or the ones that are not on anymore

[quote name='toper']Found this on gamefaqs (posted by "Joedirt25"):

"I just downloaded the parts, my review....

The small machine gun its fast but such low ammo it'll be empty in less then a minute. THUMBS DOWN

The assult rifle is a nice touch, triple fire action with good stability. THUMBS UP

The HEAT rockets arent much improved, not a great addition.
THUMBS DOWN

The Cannons with a longer barrel are a nice improvment, very accurate. THUMBS UP

The Heavy Missles, im not much of a heavy missle user but with less ammo i dont see this as an improvment. Its heavier but fires slightly faster which a few times cause the missles to miss because it couldnt turn enough. ALso the range has been shortened. UNDERTMINED

The V and the T spacer arent worth buying, they're just a different design of existing parts. THe third spacer may already be an existing part, but could be an experimental part, it looks like a scorpion tail with 3 addon pegs at the top.

Form your own opinons of the weapons, this is just a heads up of what i think."[/quote]

Thank you toper, I'll probably buy the triple shot rifle

Hehe, just beat Sniper RT with all class S adding to my all class S soldier rt.

How hard is defender and scout as far as getting class S goes with the borrowed hounds?

[quote name='Mr Wahoo']I was wondering about some of the clan members that never play. Do keep them on or what? I got a friend that I have been playing games with and he wants to join up. He plays quite often and I was wondering if we could lose some the players that have only played once or the ones that are not on anymore[/QUOTE]
does he post on CAG?

I dont think Im going to get these. I dont use a rifle ever anyway. my new Sniper Commander mech is pretty sweet without all this stuff.

Haha, awesome, just built my first non sucky mech with ll the parts I won with class S sniper and class S soldier

I have all the parts names.

Legs: RFZ-RJ-1 The only ones I had with good stability, now I can actually use my sniper rifles.

Generator: RFZ-GE-B1 I only had 2 generators, this one was the stronger one.

Cockpit: RFZ-CK-A2 I had 2 cockpits, and this one was just a tiny bit better.

2 RFZ-USC-1 Sniper Rifles, mounted together on the right side of the cockpit. With the legs, really useful, no kickback at all.

4 RFZ-UAR-2 Assault Rifles, mounted on left side of cockpit. They weighed the least of the other rifles I had so I added them all together. Reload times are tiny, so blasting all 4 isn't a problem.

3 RFZ-UNG-3 Automatic Machine guns, one mounted on top of cock pit, and other 2 mounted on either side of generator. Well they weighed the least of all my weapons, and I needed soem more weapons. The bursts of fire is pretty useful, with 3 of them all at once.

Chips: Well I only had one chip besides the basics, and it was for weapons, unfortunately it only allowed for 3 weapon slots, and having 4 of those assault rifles turning into 3, well I didn't really want to. So I kept all the chips basic.

Mobility: RFZ-NC-1
Weapon: RFZ-TC-1
Stability:RFZ-RC-1

[quote name='anomynous']does he post on CAG?[/quote]
We have a few folks that don't post on CAG. Don't see the problem. I want to play as much as possible, can't do that when only 50% at one time. We have 20 members most I have seen on at one time is 12 (happened once). I have only had the game for two weeks and I play nightly. I just want to have a little fun. More members playing at one time = more fun.

* S A T U R D A Y *
CheapyD
Santurio - Ramo Z
???? - CiLLkuPID
flybrione - BigMes

* S U N D A Y *
Maximo1324
Crowbb - Crowbb Live
Ultimate Matt X
toper - Toper331

* M O N D A Y *
LinkinPrime
Swift900 - swift fix

samuraiwahoo - Mr. Wahoo

darkrage - DrStarkweather

EDIT: We dropped 2 players. We are now down to 15 picks. I say lowest rank takes 3, the 2 higher ranks take 4.

Who did we drop? I was going to volunteer to take some time off since I can't play as often lately and then come back when we had dropped some people (I mentioned this to WildWop), but I guess I don't need to now.

I don't wanna quit and should be able to play fairly often, but if it gets to the point where we need to open up for players again let me know. I'm willing to make room temporarily since the Madden league is going to make the next few weeks nuts.

Quick update:
Looks like we are full again. We added:
Cobra
WildWop-finally

We now have 24 picks it seems for the lotto.

We missed, or at least I missed, the Sal Kar weapon again. It was blown up or destroyed since before I logged in this afternoon.

[quote name='Santurio']Quick update:
Looks like we are full again. We added:
Cobra
WildWop-finally

We now have 24 picks it seems for the lotto.

We missed, or at least I missed, the Sal Kar weapon again. It was blown up or destroyed since before I logged in this afternoon.[/quote]
So what do you want to do? 6 picks each? Oh and who's Cobra, is he a CAG?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So what do you want to do? 6 picks each? Oh and who's Cobra, is he a CAG?[/QUOTE]
nope. He's a friend of Wahoo's.

we can get more people in a day if we stick to 4.

[quote name='Santurio']nope. He's a friend of Wahoo's.

we can get more people in a day if we stick to 4.[/quote]
OK, I'll make the schedule for the upcoming days.

So is WildWop's XBL Tag not wildwop? I was online for a bit last night and I saw Cobra55 and user Mhxd or something like that. Also are you guys/they ranked Private or higher?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']OK, I'll make the schedule for the upcoming days.

So is WildWop's XBL Tag not wildwop? I was online for a bit last night and I saw Cobra55 and user Mhxd or something like that. Also are you guys/they ranked Private or higher?[/QUOTE]
WildWop=MHzDX

I don't think either of them are privates yet.

Are you playing tonight Linkin?

[quote name='Santurio']WildWop=MHzDX

I don't think either of them are privates yet.

Are you playing tonight Linkin?[/quote]

Yeah I'll be on, my Girlfriend-free days are on Monday and usually Thursdays.

REMINDER:

6 PICKS EACH
* M O N D A Y *
LinkinPrime
Rx Man 911 (in place of Swift)

samuraiwahoo - Mr. Wahoo

4 PICKS EACH

* T U E S D A Y *
samuraiwahoo - Mr. Wahoo
Santurio - Ramo Z
flybrione - BigMes
non-CAG - CiLLkuPID (DOES HE STILL PLAY?)
CheapyD
Maximo1324

* W E D N E S D A Y *
Crowbb - Crowbb Live
toper - Toper331
Ultimate Matt X (ARE YOU STILL GONNA SIGN ON FOR PICKS?)
Swift900 - swift fix
Rx Man 911

Hey guys, sorry I have not been on in the past couple days. I've been moving into my new appt. and I'm still working on getting these ITS guys to hook up my internet shit. That said, I don't think I will be able to make my pics for today, Monday the 21st. You guys can work it out amongst yourselves as to how you want to split up the picks. Hopefully I'll be up and running tomorrow. Later.

bread's done
Back