ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

Great games everyone.

I have to rebuild my hound again! I had a great wheel based hound built the last time we played but I forgot to save it and loaded another build.

I have to figure out what I put on that other hound!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Sorry HCC, won't be able to make it today. Its my B-Day![/QUOTE]
Sorry you couldn't make it and here's a late.............. Happy Birthday!!!

I had fun and we were able to fit dubfoolio in the squad last night. We still need to welcome him in "Officailly"!!!

Edit:
Here is a list of existing members that have mentioned in the last week or two that they wanted to start playing again:

Santurio - Ramo Z
Linkin Prime - Linkin Prime
flybrione - BigMes
Renegade Zero - Renegade Zer0
2Fast - BatmanR
dafoomie - dafoomie
Steve McQ - Steve McQ
halfbent - halfbent
toper - Toper 331
Brak - Brax0r
Shipwreck - Cobra Commander
Cheapy D - Cheapy D

This is a list of the members who played last night:

Santurio
flybrione
Renegade Zero
2Fast
RxMan
*NEW*dubbfoolio - dubbfoolio

List of CAGs that may want to join:

Mad-B-Man - Mad B Man
jmller80 - Outside context
AK85 - ak85
Guavazo - Guavazo

The squad is full right now but I can try and make room for new players. So if you are in the squad and still want to play and aren't on the list above please let me know so I won't cut you. I'll try and send out PM's ouot to the other members and find out if they still want to play.

I think Cheapy and I will both be up to playing this again. I'm not sure how I missed this thread yesterday.

Of course Tuesday nights are CAGcast nights, but I'm sure he can get on after he's finished recording.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think Cheapy and I will both be up to playing this again. I'm not sure how I missed this thread yesterday.

Of course Tuesday nights are CAGcast nights, but I'm sure he can get on after he's finished recording.[/QUOTE]
Very nice. Added to the list. It also doesn't have to just be Tuesday but that will probably be the biggest day.

I'm up for playing this game again. I know that the squad is full again, but put me on the waiting list, and I will join up when a spot opens up.

Damn, sorry I couldn't join RX. Got home late from basketball, then had to play my CAGHL game, then I got a phone call which I couldn't put down.

Thanks for letting me join HOSTILE CAG crew! Thanks Santurio for lending me some start up dough too! I had a great time even if I didn't know what the shaq-fu I was doing :drool:. I'm looking forward to playing with you guys next Tuesday!

It's tough for me to play on Tuesday nights during the winter, as I soundboard live high school basketball games :)roll:) at the local radio station.

I'll try to get on after work, though.

Ugh, I didn't have the time to even get on to live in the past couple of days. Hopfully I'll have time soon after I get back from san fransisco next week.

In the meantime, I'll just go ahead and add a couple more names from the list Santurio posted

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Haven't played multiplayer on anything for a month. Work has been a killer for the last couple months.

I am up for some hounds - should be available for a Thursday match tonight if anyone is on. I might be spotty for another week or two but then I should be a regular again.

[quote name='Brak']It's tough for me to play on Tuesday nights during the winter, as I soundboard live high school basketball games :)roll:) at the local radio station.

I'll try to get on after work, though.[/QUOTE]

I just suggested Tuesdays because it worked for the most part the last time we started this up.

If there is a better day for everyone please make a suggestion the more people we can get together the better!

What's the limit on players in an online game again? I'll likely try to join in on Tuesdays after I get home from basketball assuming nothing else comes up.

The squad is limited to 20. All the spots are taken, but if you talk to Santurio (Ramo_Z) he may be able to create some space for you. Tomorrow night would probably be your best bet. I'll be online tomorrow night! Hopefully I'll see some of you guys.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']The squad is limited to 20. All the spots are taken, but if you talk to Santurio (Ramo_Z) he may be able to create some space for you. Tomorrow night would probably be your best bet. I'll be online tomorrow night! Hopefully I'll see some of you guys.[/quote]Hmmm...didn't even noticed I was bumped. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hmmm...didn't even noticed I was bumped. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

You are still in the squad. I am not aware of you getting bumped.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hmmm...didn't even noticed I was bumped. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
you weren't bumped. You are still in the squad. I think...... I'll double check but I know I didn't cut you.

[quote name='Santurio']you weren't bumped. You are still in the squad. I think...... I'll double check but I know I didn't cut you.[/quote]

The thread in the OP is out of date. I'll check tonight and get an accurate list if I get a chance since I got a big night of TV with: How I Met your Mother, The Class, Prison Break, Heroes, and 24 :drool:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The thread in the OP is out of date. I'll check tonight and get an accurate list if I get a chance since I got a big night of TV with: How I Met your Mother, The Class, Prison Break, Heroes, and 24 :drool:[/QUOTE]
me too....kind of
with: How I Met your Mother, The Class, Prison Break, Heroes, and 24

[quote name='Santurio']me too....kind of
with: How I Met your Mother, The Class, Prison Break, Heroes, and 24[/quote]

You don't watch 24!? :shock: I thought you were a fan?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You don't watch 24!? :shock: I thought you were a fan?[/QUOTE]
I do like it, I just prefer to watch it on DVD so I'm behind a little. I don't watch it on TV. I was a fan of Prison Break but I kind of watch it on and off. I do like searching for the crew trucks and setups when they shoot around downtown though.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hmmm...didn't even noticed I was bumped. Thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

sorry, I got confused! nevermind. see you tomorrow night maybe.

Damn, I wish I could make it (finally got the game back from my cousin!) but I just got a new job at cisco and I'm swamped! It's good to see the crew (old and new) starting things back up with this one. I'll have to shoot for next week (fingers crossed).

Thanks

[quote name='toper']Damn, I wish I could make it (finally got the game back from my cousin!) but I just got a new job at cisco and I'm swamped! It's good to see the crew (old and new) starting things back up with this one. I'll have to shoot for next week (fingers crossed).

Thanks[/quote]

:applause: Congrats man. Cisco huh....its a damn good company. I have my final interview for new position at my company (ADP). Hope I get it cause If I don't I'll be getting layed off in June :cry:.

Well, there seems to be a little bit of a theme here. I was all set to play tonight, but mrs. shipwreck got her State Veterinary Board results back today and she passed, so instead of blowing stuff up with a big robot, it looks like I'll be taking the Mrs. out for a congratulatory meal.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:applause: Congrats man. Cisco huh....its a damn good company. I have my final interview for new position at my company (ADP). Hope I get it cause If I don't I'll be getting layed off in June :cry:.[/QUOTE]

LP,

Thanks for the kind words...yeah, Cisco definitely knows how to take care of their peeps. The work culture there is just sooo much different (in a good way) than any other place I've worked at...there's alot of freedom to be creative and I actually WANT to be there so that I can get stuff done (and the people there will help you out in any way they can). Unfortunately, this has all come at the expense of my gaming time. :(

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck in your interview (if you need a reference, let me know!).

We need to get together on a weekend afternoon or something one of these days - weeknights are just brutal for me some nights. Especially with class on Tuesday/Thursday nights now. =\

Guys, I picked this up a few weeks ago during the GS 25% off sale. I'm thinking about hopping on the single player campaign here when I get time but would love some online play; should I stick to SP for the time being to be able to build up a decent rig?

[quote name='2Fast']Not going to be able to make it tonight (or a couple of weeks, for that matter), the ol' 360 decided to die on me.[/quote]

damnit mine's going too slowly but surely with more and more freezes. I talked to CSR and they were ready to send out a coffin but then his computer froze. I'm headed to the bar for a couple drinks and will hop on afterwards if that doesn't turn into three or four drinks!

[quote name='dubbfoolio']damnit mine's going too slowly but surely with more and more freezes. I talked to CSR and they were ready to send out a coffin but then his computer froze. I'm headed to the bar for a couple drinks and will hop on afterwards if that doesn't turn into three or four drinks![/quote]
I fear that I'm in the same boat. After the last update or when I installed Heavy Weapon, I started noticing that my X360 freezes about 2 or 3 times a day within a 4-6 hour play period. At first I thought it was just with Heavy Weapon because it locks up 1 out of 3 times that I play right before the loading screen but then I started getting it on GoW and any other game I play.

I even removed Heavy Weapon and deleted a whole bunch of stuff off the HDD to see if it would help but no change. I guess I'll try to clear the cache on the HDD to see if it helps. I just forgot how to do it, gotta look it up and try.

[quote name='Warlock TCK']Wait, so how many members can be in the clan? I have the game and want to play with some CAGs.[/quote]

it's capped at 20. Talk to Santurio about joining.

It's official the coffin is coming. Lost Planet pwns my 360. I can't play 5 minutes without it freezing. I'll be looking for you guys tomorrow night though, since I don't know when will be the next time I get to hop online with you guys will be.

The game was just patched, its very different now... Lots of things got changed.

Shotguns are insanely powerful. Double cannons (the heavy ones) are virtually useless except on quad legs. Heat rockets are also much more powerful, and fire much faster. Regular cannons fire slightly slower. Wheel mechs are now faster than hover mechs. Tread chassis are much more durable, inverse chassis have less stability. Some other changes here and there.

Be prepared for a 6 shotgun wheel mech to base rush you, one of those can take out your base in 20 seconds.

God I suck - I don't anticipate being able to play much in the near future. If you need a slot for a new guy you can drop me from the squad for the time being.

Well, I'm bumping this up again to gauge interest and maybe re-evaluate the designated day of the week to play.
I find myself to have more free time on Wednesday evenings. Does anybody else have any preference?

I see that Taxman can be removed for the time being so that clears up one spot, if there's anybody new that wants in just let me know.

I'd also like to get some of the older members back to playing. Like Toper, Starkweather, Shipwreck and maybe Cheapy can join us again.

I definitely miss gaming with you guys on this one...and the latest update has me intrigued.

If I can do any weeknite, Wed would probably have to be it for me (my class next session is on tuesday nites). I'll definitely try to make some effort to participate (aka leave work early...shhh) if there's some interest.

An FYI on the changes (saw this on GF):

"This is not mine. Just a copy and pasted list of changes.
"Armor weaker (durability & defense).
NA Makers have more range.
Radiators disipate faster (x2).

Huge Rockets & Missiles do less damage, some x2 ammo, reload faster.
MSL-Khadrawatt less ammo (23 vs 25).
Huge Cannons are weaker (durability & defense).

Faster reload on most Light Weapons.
Longer reload on Cannons & most Piles.
Machineguns have higher heat impact.
Grenades do more damage, have more ammo.
Shotguns do more damage.
Assault Rifles have more ammo.
Sniper Rifles do more damage.
Sniper Cannons do more APFSDS damage.
Rockets do a little less damage, but x2 ammo.
Mortars do less damage.
Land Mines do more damage.

Inverse chasis have lower stability.
Multi chasis have faster rotation.
Treaded chasis have higher durability, defense, speed.
Wheeled chasis are faster.

Biped & Hover chasis no change.
System Devices no change.
Keep in mind that these are changes to the visible stats. Things like recoil,
splash radius, etc, may have changed but are not shown in the stats, thus
are not indicated.

Splash radius has been cut to 40% of what it once was. This is applied to both huge cannons and howitzers.

Splash damage has been reduced to half within that radius.

Recoil on *most* weapons has been unaffected.

Cannons have heavier kick, however.

Shotguns have no kick whatsoever.

Motars reload faster and do more damage.

Huge cannons are inaccurate. Not because of stability, however there are pauses between blasts of more than 1 cannon, sending the shots spraying awkwardly. This has rendered ALL heavy gunners ineffective."
It is this combination that makes shotguns hounds a big concern."

bread's done
Back