Chromehounds still worth playing?

delirium266

CAGiversary!
I recently bought Chromehounds on eBay and just received it in the mail today. In the time since the purchase, I've been having second thoughts about it. I was checking out the gamefaqs message board for this game earlier today and noticed a lot of gloom and doom about a dwindling player population, the game being impossible for new players to compete, and how imbalance is ruining the game.

Before I open and devalue it, I was hoping I could get some opinions on the current state of Chromehounds. Is it going to be more trouble than it is worth to start playing at this point in time?

Who reads the gamefaqs forum????

Seriously though....I just got the game last week. It is still pretty fun. You have ranks so that you play with people in your bracket. You will get owned at first till you find a hound spec that works for you. The biggest thing is that you need a good squad. When you have 4+ people in a battle with you that works together....that is what this game is about.

[quote name='swetooth9']join the CAG chromehounds clan[/quote]

how do I do that? I saw the thread, but thought the clan was full or something. my biggest concern is that I won't be able to find people to play with online. If I had a clan, I would probably start playing for sure.

I hate that game. It sits at the bottom of my stack. I'm thinking of giving it to my neighbor with all my old XBOX games.

[quote name='thwjustin']I hate that game. It sits at the bottom of my stack. I'm thinking of giving it to my neighbor with all my old XBOX games.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing...really.

OP. I believe you would still get a bit of enjoyment out of the game. It was recently patched and many issues have been cleared up. I still play the single player from time to time as well.

Chromehounds will be worth playing until Chromehounds 2 or at least until MechAssault 3 comes out. The player base might drop, but I think mech games have a certain fanbase that'll hang around until the next game in the genre. Its not like fans have many other options for giant robot games right now.

bread's done
Back