Cinderella (Diamond Edition) (Best Buy Exclusive) Viva Metalbox $7.50 Pre-Sell

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Cinderella (Collectible Case) (Bby) (DVD)

sep02_mov01_cinderella_2x2.png

m2199073_1.jpg

Price: $7.50
SKU: 6316054
Release Date: 9/2/2012 (Collectible Case)
Release Date: 10/2/2012 (Blu-ray Disc)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h3llbring3r']So are these in the wild yet? I went buy to PU my Avengers case and they couldn't find them, even "in the back."[/QUOTE]

I found them near the front of the store in a display with other new releases. I actually went there to pick up a Dead Island Riptide steelbook, but my store didn't have any.

I picked up mine up this morning and they didn't have any out yet at all, so some BB might be slow to display them but if you ask to check in the back they should be able to find them.

It's strange that the Cinderella pre-order isn't included in this week's printed ad, yet it shows up in this week's online ad. The first store I went to couldn't find it, but I called another store and they found them in the warehouse. For those who have seen them on display, are there as many as The Avengers or do they seem more limited?

[quote name='Havokscry']It's strange that the Cinderella pre-order isn't included in this week's printed ad, yet it shows up in this week's online ad. The first store I went to couldn't find it, but I called another store and they found them in the warehouse. For those who have seen them on display, are there as many as The Avengers or do they seem more limited?[/QUOTE]

My BB seemed to have only 6 Cinderella metalpacks while they had about 12 Avengers steelbooks.

M

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Pick up your order but before you pay just cancel it out, then go ahead pre-order it normally to avoid returns on your RZ/DL record.[/QUOTE]
Oops. I ordered the Cinderella steelbook ($7.50) for in-store pickup and just picked it up like normal. I want to keep the steelbook but I don't want to be charged for the blu-ray release. Do I have to cancel the pre-order like you have to with video game steelbooks? If so, how do I go about canceling the pre-order? I want to keep the steelbook but wait on a better sale for the blu-ray.

[quote name='shrike4242']Any time you see something like this from BB, it's a pre-order bonus item.

How it's supposed to work in-store is that you put down the $7.50 for this case and it works as a pre-order bonus for pre-ordering the movie. When the movie releases, you bring in the receipt for the case and the $7.50 is supposed to apply to the purchase of the movie, which nets the case out to be "free" with the movie purchase.

However, most people just buy the case online and not worry about the hassle of the in-store purchase of the case + movie purchase later.[/QUOTE]
I ordered online for in-store pickup and the total was $7.50. So if I want to wait on a better sale for the blu-ray then I can just not bother picking up the blu-ray next week, correct? And I'm assuming that I won't be charged any more money.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Pick up your order but before you pay just cancel it out, then go ahead pre-order it normally to avoid returns on your RZ/DL record.[/QUOTE]
Oops. I ordered the Cinderella steelbook ($7.50) for in-store pickup and just picked it up like normal. So if I don't go through with the pre-order and buy the blu-ray then will the system automatically cancel the pre-order and it will look like a return in myrewardzone.com? And what does DL stand for?

I also have a question about a hypothetical situation. Let's say that a customer bought the steelbook for $7.50 online for in-store pickup but he actually wanted the blu-ray as well. If he had added both to cart, the steelbook would have been $0. Instead, he picks up the lone steelbook because he made a mistake. Can he then go his local store on the blu-ray release day and get the $7.50 reduced from the total even though he ordered the lone steelbook online and not in-store? I'd like to know for future reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't do it in Memphis. Holy crap, when to two stores and everybody was fucking clueless. Nobody could find Cinderella. Tried to explain it was like the Avengers pre-order and they had no idea that was in the store either.

Can't tell you how many times I've done a "store pickup" only to have it cancelled (AFTER I GOT THE EMAIL TO COME GET IT) because they couldn't find the item.

I went back and found Cinderella today....on the front display. Guess I shouldn't have relied on the employees to know what was on the floor.

[quote name='Scorch']Or just order it for in-store pickup like I did[/QUOTE]

I have the 3 movie collection preordered but want the metalback. I can pre-order with the case and then not pick up the movie and thus cancel the preorder and keep case, correct?

[quote name='Zodiac080704']I have the 3 movie collection preordered but want the metalback. I can pre-order with the case and then not pick up the movie and thus cancel the preorder and keep case, correct?[/QUOTE]

After two weeks, you should be able to. However, YMMV. I think that's a little unethical. Talk to Shrike, he seems to do that often.

I picked up mine yesterday. They got 10 in but they weren't out on the floor yet. Took them a bit to find them but they were nice about it.

My store didn't have them out either, just sitting in back. Had to wait 15 minutes or so but finally got it. You'd think it was a holiday or something today!

[quote name='elessar123']I picked one up. The shrinkwrap looked like crap. Is this actually a steelbook, or is it an off-brand?[/QUOTE]

See thread title

[quote name='elessar123']I picked one up. The shrinkwrap looked like crap. Is this actually a steelbook, or is it an off-brand?[/QUOTE]

Metalbox.

Viva caja de metal.

[quote name='kobra90']ssjmichael, see how easy that was?[/QUOTE]

It's in the title, and I pointed him right to it. I'm pretty sure he could put two and two together just fine :p

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's in the title, and I pointed him right to it. I'm pretty sure he could put two and two together just fine :p[/QUOTE]
Agreed. But sometimes its easier to just help.

Aargh!!!

Ever since buying the Steelbook versions of Batman Begins and Dark Knight Returns, I can't seem to resist buying these kinds of things. The CAG in me tells me I don't really need it, but the shiny metal boxes keep drawing me in.

I guess I'll let fate decide. I'll stop by BB tomorrow and see if I can find Cinderella and Avengers.

[quote name='tokerblue']Aargh!!!

Ever since buying the Steelbook versions of Batman Begins and Dark Knight Returns, I can't seem to resist buying these kinds of things. The CAG in me tells me I don't really need it, but the shiny metal boxes keep drawing me in.

I guess I'll let fate decide. I'll stop by BB tomorrow and see if I can find Cinderella and Avengers.[/QUOTE]

That's usually how it starts. Then it will progress

bread's done
Back