Circuit City August Clearance

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
Consider this a temporary thread until someone from CC can post a more complete list. What we have currently is only what is listed on the website or has been checked in-store. Thanks to Donnums, wlau, zman73, and kell. Forgive me if I missed crediting anyone.

All games $16.96. July thread can be found here.

:ps3:
The Club
F.E.A.R.
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Tony Hawk's Project 8

:wii:
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
FarCry Vengeance

:ds:
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Mortal Kombat
Surf's Up

:360:
Eternal Sonata
NBA Street Homecourt
Armored Core 4

:gba:
TMNT
Super Mario Advance: Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

:ps2:
DDR Supernova
Manhunt 2
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity

:xbox:
Family Guy
Call of Duty 3
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2

Last edited by a moderator:
FF6 JUST went on Clearance around June.

Narnia Prince Caspian is NOT on clearance. They just dropped in price this week; DS version is $19.99 - 360, PS3 etc versions went down to $29.99 I think.

FF4 and 5 on GBA went on Clearance a long, long time ago. Good luck finding one; My bestbuy had a copy of FF5 but it was still 29.99....

[quote name='007']For what it's worth, when I picked up ES over the weekend, there were only two copies left (bought one), so they were LONG gone by yesterday. They were already in the bin, though.

The thing I noticed yesterday when I was there (outside of the utter lack of COD4 :bomb:), was that *most* of the clearance list still had at least ONE copy there, aside from ES and Fire Emblem (which I bought the second to last and last over the weekend, respectively). I found that odd, especially for Wii games, since those usually outright disappear.[/quote]

Okay, I know there was only one Fire Emblem last week, but at least I know who got that one. ;)

[quote name='Donnums']FF4 and 5 on GBA went on Clearance a long, long time ago. Good luck finding one; My bestbuy had a copy of FF5 but it was still 29.99....[/quote]

If anyone is looking for FF5, Dinobot has two up on his list for around $13 shipped. I can vouch for him being an excellent trader/seller, so if you can't find one locally, let him know.

My closest Circuit City has an employee that pulls and buys all of the clearance games rather than marking them down.

Jerk.

So which FF games are on clearance? I saw one FF 3 at the CC i went to, and i think they had one 4 & 5 but i was short on time so I couldn't wait around for someone to help & check the prices.

Anyone know when the 20% ends?

Picked up:

Nights Journey of Dreams
Obscure The Aftermath
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Each for 13.57 (after the 20% discount)

I had picked up a copy Eternal sonata, I noticed today that some c*** s*cker had slitted the packaging and stole the disk!!!!! not looking forward to trying to return this

Here are the PC Games markdowns I mentioned earlier:

Tabula Rasa CE - $9.99
Half Life: Episode Pack - $9.99
Half Life 2(SP) - $9.99 *Don't know what the SP means*
Medal of Honor Airborne(SP) - $9.99 *Don't know what SP means*
Frontlines: Fuels of War - $39.99
Alone in the Dark - $29.99
Final Fantasy XI VC 2008 - $19.99

I have scoured 3 Circuit City's on Long Island with no luck...Today I went to Hickville, NY and scored finally!

Eternal Sonata X2 (one for me and one for boyfriend, sorry)
Zak & Wiki

Each one $13.57 though were still marked $49.99 The cashier was shocked :D

I went to my three closest stores and lucked out on Eternal Sonata. :(

But, I didn't leave empty handed as I snagged a used copy of Star Ocean 3 (PS2) for $6.99 (it was stickered $13.99). :D

I got a couple of early x-mas presents:

Duck Amuck
Wario: Master of Disguise

And a few for myself:

College Hoops 2K8 PS3
F.E.A.R. PS3 (may return this one)
Fire Emblem (plus 2 copies to sell)

Not a bad take all in all.

Just got back after PMing, got 7.xx back and use it to pick up Hot Shots Golf 2, which was on sale this week for 19.99. Ended up paying $14.xx out of pocket, not bad, considering thats basically half off retail ;D

Yeah, I bought Eternal Sonata (the last copy) and Lost, both for 360, the other day for $16.96 each and still can't find the receipts so no price-match plus for me.

I went back today and picked up both Dragon Quest Swords for Wii and Dragon Quest: Monsters for DS (again, the last copy) for $13.57 each. I'm a big DQ fan. I left the copy of Wario: Master of Disguise for DS because I never finish platform games and my cash is kind of low right now.

I tried to get an adjustment on MUA but the clerk insisted on doing a return & rebuy. I had paid no sale tax on MUA when I bought it last weekend. I ended up getting 11.75% back (20% - CA sales tax). Also picked up the Club PS3. Not sure if I will keep it. It always amuses me when the clerk sees the total and then checks the full-priced tags.

My quest for Fire Emblem is done. I tried hitting up two other NJ Circuit City (East Brunswick and Brick) stores and it was a waste of time. Plenty of Dragon Quest hiding, but no Fire Emblem.

If anyone wants to trade or sell, shoot me a PM, otherwise I'm just going to wait it out until the next deal.

I finally was able to score Fire Emblem after going to literally 6 different CC. If anybody in CT still needs it, the one off the Berlin TPK still had a couple left as of 11:15 am this morning (08/17/08) :cool:

[quote name='tylerdurden10']I finally was able to score Fire Emblem after going to literally 6 different CC. If anybody in CT still needs it, the one off the Berlin TPK still had a couple left as of 11:15 am this morning (08/17/08) :cool:[/QUOTE]

Used to live in Stamford and Trumbull, and there were more than a few times I made runs looking for games like that around Norwalk, Trumbull, Milford, Berlin Tpke, sometimes Manchester.

[quote name='oni-link']Can anyone confirm that the 20% "might" still be in effect until this sunday!?[/QUOTE]

It's not still on in MN at least. I picked some stuff up today.

I was going to, but realized, that I would only be going into town to get back a few bucks on a couple games... gas prices being the way they still are, it was more worth it to stay away

Got lucky on Saturday and picked up a few games for my first visit to a CC, during the last day of the 20% discount:

Bleach: Shattered Blade- Wii
Master of Illusions - DS
Manhunt 2 - PS2
Zack and Wiki - Wii
Mega Man ZX Advent - DS

Passed on a few others that I saw, including Destroy All Humans Wii and Dragon Quest Monsters DS, and one Slipheed (PS2) for $4.90, since I have that already. I really wanted FFXII RW but that wasn't in stock.

^^ I got that too at that price - I think someone said it was also 20% off. It gets kind of tedious, but it's still a neat game.

Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams for PS2 (2 disk set) $6.99 at CC B&M Nationwide :mrgreen: I checked there inventory.

My cc had this a month ago with sticker of $30 but I didn't know its real price. :drool:

So If you find one at your CC thanks to my ad than please buy one for me as well. I really wana play this game before quiting my ps2, I will pay all charges incl ship+paypal. plz:wave:

^ When did that suddenly surface in stores? I work at a CC and haven't seen any copies come in and I handle every inch of games there; only ones most CC stores carry is Onimusha 2 . Dawn of Dreams went on clearance a loooong time ago. I'll check it out today when I go in since it wouldn't be the first time a clearance title came back(i.e. Condemned etc)

Got lucky at a CC today and used a $15 off $100 for a total of $99:

FFXII: Revenent Wings
Fire Emblem Wii
Devil May Cry 4: Premium Edition (MISLABELED AT REGULAR PRICE OF $39.99)
...two other games I can't recall right now.

I passed on many other games that were on the list at this store, too.

[quote name='Caliburn']
[/quote]

I remember in some other thread where the CE and normal editions were both priced at $39.99 as a universal drop.

[quote name='gandhrav']Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams for PS2 (2 disk set) $6.99 at CC B&M Nationwide :mrgreen: I checked there inventory.

My cc had this a month ago with sticker of $30 but I didn't know its real price. :drool:

So If you find one at your CC thanks to my ad than please buy one for me as well. I really wana play this game before quiting my ps2, I will pay all charges incl ship+paypal. plz:wave:[/quote]
Dawn of Dreams went on clearance over a year ago. Good luck finding it.

You've been here 2 years now almost. You should know better then to post trade requests in this forum.

I found a copy of Eternal Sonota for the 260 but no luck on FFXII Revenant Wings :(

But they put a copy of Boom Blox behind the wrong security case that had a $20 sticker on it, and they matched the price that was on the plastic box.

Sorry if posted elsewhere. Picked up:

Medal of Honor Airborne $9.99

Half Life 2: Episode 1 $6.99

Sid Meier's Railroads $8.99

[quote name='whiptcracker']But they put a copy of Boom Blox behind the wrong security case that had a $20 sticker on it, and they matched the price that was on the plastic box.[/quote]

:drool:

DMC4 regular and Premium/Collector's both went down to $39.99 probably around 2 weeks ago.

Also, found no copies of Onimusha Dawn of Dreams; nothing has been shipped to me here yet, at least. I'll track down the UPC and see if it's even in our system

[quote name='Caliburn']Got lucky at a CC today and used a $15 off $100 for a total of $99:

FFXII: Revenent Wings
Fire Emblem Wii
...two other games I can't recall right now.

I passed on many other games that were on the list at this store, too.[/quote]

I assume this discount has to be manually entered by a cashier?? The 15 off 100 coupon I have says it excludes software (didn't work when I tried to use it online as videogames were not qualifying items)

[quote name='bruceg']I assume this discount has to be manually entered by a cashier?? The 15 off 100 coupon I have says it excludes software (didn't work when I tried to use it online as videogames were not qualifying items)[/quote]

By software, I think they mean like Windows, microsoft word, and such. Video games should work.

Checked for Onimusha Dawn of Dreams and nothing came up in our system; the UPC is actually phased out of our system since it was clearance.

Also, the 20% off Clearance will be back the week of Aug 31st-9/3 as part of the Labor Day sales

[quote name='Donnums']Checked for Onimusha Dawn of Dreams and nothing came up in our system; the UPC is actually phased out of our system since it was clearance.

Also, the 20% off Clearance will be back the week of Aug 31st-9/3 as part of the Labor Day sales[/quote]
thanks for the heads up. hopefully some good clearance games comes around that weekend. :)

[quote name='aw004g']Sorry if posted elsewhere. Picked up:

Medal of Honor Airborne $9.99

Half Life 2: Episode 1 $6.99

Sid Meier's Railroads $8.99[/QUOTE]

No, post away. CC PC clearance info is the CAG equivalent of an untouched oil reserve. Plenty of great stuff to be had... nobody has a clue on where it stands. I haven't seen concrete lists of CC PC clearance games in a long time on CAG, but I believe they are priced much more aggressively than the console stuff. Plus, they aren't listed the same way that console games are as the markdowns occur.

bread's done
Back