Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

By the way, as some of us have seen next weeks CC ad, you see that it mentions the 1/2 sale going on again. Hopefully more games will be added to the list.
Much thanks to grayghost for providing us with the ads from the future :)

[quote name='gemini']Went and got two copies of Gungrave and two copies of Shinobi at CC, took them to EBGames to take advantage of the put $5 and bring 4 non-sports games to get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for free. $50 credit down for me. Then I asked them to put it on a card so I could use it at another EB. I haven't tried, but this might mean I can just spend it on ANYTHING there. Instant $20 spent into any $50 game. Shit, you could get a Gamecube if you pull this twice.

Edit: Also. the guy forgot to charge me the initial $5 down. He never even rang it up.[/quote]

Did this today at a local EB. Here's the thing - I even asked for a $50 gift card, but they refused me, citing that it would look like they were defrauding the video game companies. (Whatever.) But I wanted FF:CC anyway so I preordered it - and I had to pay tax.

The tax will be refunded when I pick up the game - because the trade-in deal is for a free complete game. (+ Link cable)

[quote name='muncle']just wondering, if jsrf is 5 dollars itself, is sega gt 2002 $5?[/quote]

At EBgames.com, you can pick up JSRF/GT combo pack for $9.99 preowned. Good stuff. :D

Did this deal expire on the 31 and that some stores are not reflecting the price changes? Or does it still have a few days left, if so im gonig to go pick a few things up, thanks!

If anyone hits Circuit City or elsewhere and sees the following games (NEW/SEALED), i'll make it worth their while:

PS2 REZ --- ccprice: $25+/- ; I'll buy for=$40*
PS2 Gitaroo Man --- ccprice: $10+/- ; I'll buy for=$21*
PS2 Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) ccprice: $18+/- ; I'll buy for=$24*

(my buy prices already include $2 shipping for each, please subtract $1 for each add'l game I get from you - yes I'm a cheap-ass.)

I have a very hard time finding these games locally but many of you seem to see "plenty" in your area so I think I'll use the power of CAG to make this a win/win situation for everyone.

The circuit city "buy 3 games above $20 & save $20" ends 01/03/04

I'll pay via paypal and link to my stellar ebay (buys) feedback.

Need at least 4 of each Rez/Git and 2 more RADs for my group of friends.

Please email-me:

mrrhee "at" mail "dot" com

thanks all. if anyone deems this post inappropriate please understand that I'm desperate to find these, the sale ends soon, and many CAGers see lots of these games lining their local store shelves. plus for every one of these games I find thru CAG I'll donate $1 to the CAG fund. in fact, I just donated $5.42 to CAG.

I just got some crazy sales at my local CC.

Timesplitters 2 (Xbox) - $3.32
Maximo (PS2) - $3.32
NHL 2k3 (Xbox) - $8.32
NBA Live 2003 (Xbox) $8.32
Tiger Woods 2003 (Xbox) - $9.96
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (PS2) - $9.96

[quote name='Wario64']Maximo for $3.32? Are you sure? I thought it was $10 before...did the buy 2, save $10 thing apply to your purchases?[/quote]

Yeah, they definitely credited it for the $20 off for buying 3 games. Some people have been having success wth this even when the games are below $20 each.

Mr. Rhee

If you looking for "REZ (PS2)" Try your local Toysrus store they have it for $24.99 instead paying $40.00

RAD is kinda Hard to FIND (I got my NEW copy at Ebay for $21.XX after shipping

Gitaaro Man getting RARE (Lucky i pickup last copy from CC for $10) you can try ur local Toysrus if possible they will pricematch w/ CC :)

If you really wanted REZ try call call ur local Toysrus as soon as possible b4 they dissappear !!!

Thanks everyone.

Masterkyo,

re: TRU & REZ - No such luck. I call and tell they me no. I still don't believe them so i visited at least 12+ TRUs and 9+ CCs. Still no luck with CC, TRU, etc. Would try ebay but it is not the CAG way.

but if you can find them, I'll compensate you for your time.

if anyone cares, (probably posted before) TRU-offline is dumping Sega accessories:

DC controllers: $1.98
DC memcards: $1.50
Saturn games: $1.50
GameGear games: $0.98

and gamestop was/is running a 30% off dreamcast promo and a few stores let me apply it towards the consoles ($20-$6=$14) and even let me use it for the pre-owned (buy 2 get 1 free) sale. and then let me use my GameInformer card for add'l 10% off

picked up a few black DC systems for $13 +/- each. Need a few to system link DC "Virtual On"

And if anyone finds XBOX Timesplitters 2 or XBX serious sam or XBX Deathrow at CC email-me: I need at least 8 copies of each for xbox systemlink lan parties I throw. if you are getting them for $3.32 each I'll gladly pay $9 each including shipping.

mrrhee "at" mail "dot" com

Stupid jerks at CC! They wouldn't let me get $20 off three games that are normally $19.99 each but half off this week. I did get a few price checks, though:

The Bouncer (PS2) - $20
Evolution Worlds (GC) - $10

[quote name='video_gamer324']Stupid jerks at CC! They wouldn't let me get $20 off three games that are normally $19.99 each but half off this week. I did get a few price checks, though:

The Bouncer (PS2) - $20
Evolution Worlds (GC) - $10[/quote]

Yes damn them for trying to give you $30 off ($10 off each game) instead of $20 off. Damn them, I say. Come on. Okay, some people have been lucky with it, but to call them jerks for not doing it is ridiculous.

I'm back with more additions

Ridge Racer V $15 (PS2)

Some Great PSone deals:

Both Syphon Filter 2 and 3 are $7.50

Breath of Fire IV is $15

Not sure if these are old or are part of the half off but Dino Crisis 2 and Fear Effect 2 are $10

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='video_gamer324']Stupid jerks at CC! They wouldn't let me get $20 off three games that are normally $19.99 each but half off this week. I did get a few price checks, though:

The Bouncer (PS2) - $20
Evolution Worlds (GC) - $10[/quote]

Yes damn them for trying to give you $30 off ($10 off each game) instead of $20 off. Damn them, I say. Come on. Okay, some people have been lucky with it, but to call them jerks for not doing it is ridiculous.[/quote]

Look, I wasn't being completely serious. I know it's luck of the draw, but I was just in there three days ago and got it to work, and now it won't. Maybe it's wrong to call them jerks, but I'm still ticked off!

My local Circuit City in Northridge, CA, had none of these sale prices when I price-checked a stack of the games listed in this thread. The employees (I went through three of them) were very uncourteous and acted as though I was some sort of outrageous liar. The store claims that the 50% off sale is only on the three titles (X2: Wolverine's Revenge, Primal, Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure) listed in this week's ad. I asked why the "save 50% off select video game software / selection varies by store" line would be printed additionally if the selection was only limited to those three titles, and they just stared blankly for a while before telling me that they could not help me further.

At least the day wasn't a complete waste: I got a free copy of Pac-Man Vs. at Gamestop just for the asking. :)

Sorry Rapsodist. The only thing I can think of is that each store has the ad downloaded into it's computer, and then each store activates it.

Maybe that location just hasn't activated it like they were supposed to. I've been to Four different Circuit Cities and no problems

I went looking for Ikagura, and Guilty Gear X2 today no luck :( oh well. I'll be back tomorrow with my girlfriend.

does anyone know if the buy 2/3 save 10/20 sale is going to still be going on when the Prince of Persia/Splinter Cell deal is happening this sunday?

I haven't seen Harvest Moon myself but someone earlier said they found it for that.

What day did you see it for $20? The sale started Sunday so if it was before Sunday it's probably half off now.

What a waste I went to my local CC just now and none of the above mentioned games were on sale, there was no 50% off anything, even in their ad.
I guess I live in too rich of an area "The OC" :(

[quote name='Yeahman']Sorry Rapsodist. The only thing I can think of is that each store has the ad downloaded into it's computer, and then each store activates it.

Maybe that location just hasn't activated it like they were supposed to. I've been to Four different Circuit Cities and no problems[/quote]

Oh, you don't have to apologize for anything. It's not like you were wrong about these prices; it just didn't work out at my local store. I think I had trouble simply because that Circuit City refuses to participate in the sale. The look on the manager's face after my pointed question seemed to all but acknowledge that I was right in principle, but he just refused to help me out by looking further into this matter. After he implied that I should take my business elsewhere, I dryly said, "Thank you for your customer service," to which he responded, "Next customer!"

Oh well, at least on Sunday I'll be getting 10% back on my Beyond Good & Evil purchase. It'll be the best 10% I've ever gotten back from Circuit City. :p

[quote name='funtownarcade']What a waste I went to my local CC just now and none of the above mentioned games were on sale, there was no 50% off anything, even in their ad.
I guess I live in too rich of an area "The OC" :([/quote]

Well, yeah, you do live in a rich area, :p but considering that my Circuit City here in the San Fernando Valley had the same problem, maybe it's a problem throughout Los Angeles County.

Whoops, my bad. Harvest Moon IS $10, I must've gone before the sale started.

Can anyone get a price check for Futurama (various consoles)?

I went to CC today and picked up a couple of games.

Gungrave (PS2) - $4.98
Bloodrayne (GC) - price on it said $9.99 but I got it for $4.99 :mrgreen:
Final Fantasy Origins - price on it was $29.99 but I got it for $9.99! \:D/

All in all, I spent $21.16. The receipt says that a "promotional discount" was applied to items 2 & 3 (Bloodrayne and FFO) It looks like the $10 off deal. I'm not exactly sure why I got it, considering one item was originally priced over $19.99, but you're not going to hear me complaining :lol:

My thanks once again to CAG and to all the CAG'ers.

I just got back from CC a little while ago and was a little disappointed. I think this one has been picked through pretty good because out of 9 games I had on my list (6 GC, 3 GBA) they only had one of them...Breath of Fire 2. I got it for $15 but was hoping to buy 5 or 6 to get the $20 off deals.

Oh well, I've decided to just start checking in once or twice a week to see if they get anything new.

Hit up another CC in a different town today and saw nothing. I'm thankful that I got ICO for $15 and Gungrave for $5 at my local cc. It was worth the drive though, I was able to go to an FYE nearby and get Indiana Jones DVD set for $24.99 :D

here's what i scored today from CC in California.

FF:Origins $15 (Burbank)
Galerians: Ash $7.50 (NH)
Wild Arms 3 $10 (Burbank)
BoF: Dragon Quarters $10 (NH)

There are still a couple copies of FF:Origins, Wild Arms 3, BoF:DQ and Panzer Dragoon:Orta left at the North Hollywood (NH) store. I didn't check the WA3 or the PD:Orta price at NH though.

good hunting...

I just came back from CC, and I had them price check some games for me. Most of the prices came up matching the list here, but there were a few discrepencies...

Mace Griffin (Xbox) $19.99 (shame, too. I'd have paid $5)
Harvest Moon (PS2) $19.99 (was all ready to pay the $10 :( )
Timesplitters 2 (Xbox) $19.99 (was checking this for a friend, I wasn't going to buy it anyway)

Also, regarding Castlevania, HOD is definitely $15. I didn't check the others.

New entries:
Silpheed (PS2) and Gun Griffon Blaze (PS2) are each $4.98. I know everyone is running to pick these up right now :roll:

Ok, here's a breakdown of some of the purchases I've made through the CC blowout going on. I've visited alot of the CC's here in SD but not all. Not ONE of them had Rez or Shinobi as someone had mentioned earlier... :? Visited Sports Arena, Carmel Mtn Ranch, Escondido, La Mesa, and Clairemont Square.

Clairemont Square
----------------------
Onimusha 2 $19.99
Sly Cooper $19.99
Pikmin $0.00 (Free due to $20 promo. Can't find the receipt for the exact totals... :roll: )

Sports Arena
---------------
SSX GH $9.99 (Haven't seen this one in any of the lists, but there it is nonetheless. Only Sports Arena had any of SSX, the others had none.)
Ico $14.99 (Only Sports Arena had more than 5 copies left. Saw one copy at Escondido)
Freaky Flyers $9.99 (Most of the stores had a few copies of this one. I'd say less than 4 at each location)
Gungrave $4.98 (Same as above, they aren't lacking in stock on this one)

La Mesa
---------
Beyond Good and Evil $34.99 (Only so I could get the price match on Sun... :D )
Deus Ex $4.99 (La Mesa was the only store with any of these. I bought one of the last 2)

Escondido
-----------
Alter Echo $9.96
Gungrave $4.98
Haven $4.96
Primal $13.32 (think I got hosed on this one, could've sworn it was cheaper)
Dr. Muto $3.32 (Also not previously listed, but most stores have adequate amounts for both PS2 and Xbox)
Kung Fu Chaos $13.32 (Also not seen listed, but was planning on buying this one anyway. Most of the stores have a few copies of it)
Quantum Redshift $4.99
Mace Griffin $14.99
Crazy Taxi 3 $4.99 (Only store I found with a copy of this one.)

Carmel Mtn. was mostly rifled. If you go to Escondido, make sure you've got some time as NOTHING is in any semblance of order. La Mesa was the most orderly with very little out of order.

YMMV, but good luck and good hunting!
-Nouv'

NouveauS: Man - looks like I'll be trotting around SD tommorrow. I live near the Sweetwater CC location, but for some of the titles, I'd easily drive to Escondido (CT3 for $5 sound nice). The Sweetwater location didn't look to have great pick'ins last time I was there. The bin was full of old crap and the shelves looked to have mostly the latest titles with no older goodies. Out of the locations you visited, what would you say is the best to nab some of the titles you listed? GG, CT3, and Deus Ex being what I'm most interested in.

GG was at most of the locations, so I don't think you're gonna have a problem with this one. Escondido and La Mesa had the most however. CT3 I only saw at Escondido. Didn't remember seeing another copy tho. Might still be buried in there somewhere :? Deus Ex was only available at La Mesa. None of the other stores had any copies of it left. I had 2 in my hand while looking so can only vouch for there being 2 there. There could be more buried there, but like I mentioned, it was very well ordered and there wasn't alot of titles out of place.

Hope this helps,
-Nouv'

I went to my local CC in CT and the place was raided, along with the KBToys store which is going out of business. Anyways, my friend picked up two games and I picked up one
Shinobi: $5
Clock Tower 3 $10
Unreal Championship $10

They were out of RE for GC, and Code Veronica came up $40 so I have no idea how you guys got the copy for $20, unless you got lucky through the cashier foir $20 off. They didnt have Iron Man or ANY castlevania games for the GBA. I was pretty happy with Clock Tower 3 though, especially considering when they had the $5-$10 sale awhile back and It seemed like I was the only one in CT who knew about the deals. Good times.

XBOX Unreal non-PH rang up for $10.
Bought 3 copies but for some reason it qualified for "buy3/save$20". So $3.33 each. I've tried before but it didn't qualify earlier this week. Perhaps sign of future price drops to come. of course Unreal-PH didn't even ring up for $10.

Tried same thing w/ TIMESPLITTERS2. I needed 8 copies (for langaming) so I brought up 6 copies. 3 rang up for $20, other 3 rang up for $10. I need to double check but I believe the copies with the CC-VALUE sticker rang up for higher. CC would not price each at $10, but allowed me to apply the "save$20" deal to all. makes no sense, but I'm fine with it. obviously I only bought the 3 copies that were cheaper.

So:
3 XBX TS2 = $3.33 each
3 XBX UNR = $3.33 each
1 PS2 Armored Core 3 = $10
1 PS2 Gitaroo Man = $10

1 PS2 Disaster Report = $25 before save$20
1 PS2 RAD = $25 before save$20
1 PS2 Ninja Assault = $22.50 before save$20
so all 3 for $52.50 = $17.50 each; but for some reason they applied another $10 off. I have no idea why, so about $14 each. Maybe the cashier was hooking-me-up because I let him keep a copy of Shinobi and Gungrave. His eyes lit up when he saw the scanned price and asked if there were any more copies. Since these were the last two and I was hitting other CC's I told him, "I'm not greedy, you can keep those for yourself." So hopefully this guy will take care of me whenever I come back in. He'll have no problem doing pricescans for me in the future.

and of course plenty of PS2 jampacks for $.01 (everything before 2003) the cases alone are worth more.

also XBX exhibition demo disc #02 for $1. yes I know it's just a demo, but I've read that MS made a mistake and included a FULL version of CAPCOM vs. SNK 2 EO on the demo disc. The only feature that is disabled is the 'save' function, but for $1, no problem.

also the PS2 BG&Es were g...o...n...e...

I asked an employee that I have built a rapport with and he could not give me a straight answer whether or not the BG&E sold out or were being held in the back. He rolled his eyes and asked me why is everyone so into this game all of a sudden. can't wait to see the look on his face Sunday morning when he looks at CC's circular. I hope everyone already picked up their copy of PS2 BG&E or ordered it online before tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']

also XBX exhibition demo disc #02 for $1. yes I know it's just a demo, but I've read that MS made a mistake and included a FULL version of CAPCOM vs. SNK 2 EO on the demo disc. The only feature that is disabled is the 'save' function, but for $1, no problem.
[/quote]

That wasn't a mistake. The feature disabled is Live play, which is the whole point of that game.

I just got some of the sale games. I'm too lazy to list them, but FYI Mace Griffin rang up as $19.99, and Defender for GBA is $7.98.

[quote name='Querjek']I just got some of the sale games. I'm too lazy to list them, but FYI Mace Griffin rang up as $19.99, and Defender for GBA is $7.98.[/quote]

Did you go to the one in P-burg? Just wondering because I went there last night and they didn't have hardly any of what I wanted. I'd be interested to know which GC and GBA games you got if any. Thanks.

[quote name='WhoDey'][quote name='Querjek']I just got some of the sale games. I'm too lazy to list them, but FYI Mace Griffin rang up as $19.99, and Defender for GBA is $7.98.[/quote]

Did you go to the one in P-burg? Just wondering because I went there last night and they didn't have hardly any of what I wanted. I'd be interested to know which GC and GBA games you got if any. Thanks.[/quote]
Well, I got 3 PS2 games, 2 Xbox games, and 2 GBA games. The GCN selection SUCKS there (Well, I almost bought Skies of Arcasia, but decided against it). Here's specifically what I got and what I paid:

Matt Hoffman 2 (Xbox): 1st copy I brought up had a $4.99 sticker but rang up as $19.99. It ended up having the CC value game sticker on it, so I found one that didn't.

Murakumo (Xbox): $4.99 I got the last one I think

Defender (GBA): $7.98 DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP

Iron Man (GBA): Has a $29.99 sticker, but rings up as $4.99. Worth it. Fun, but generic little platformer. Has a nice save feature. There are more of these, but you may have to look behind some games to find it. It was on the upper-left part of the GBA shelf.

Haven (PS2): $4.99 Needed one for the Sonic Heroes trade-in deal.

Gungriffon Blaze (PS2): $4.99 Had to dig through a bin of games to find it.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter: $9.96 There was at least one more of these

I didn't bring the entire GBA or GCN list with me, and I didn't look hard at the GCN games. I think i saw some RE games, but didn't look into it. Oh, and GCN Tarzan was $7.99, but I would never pay more than $5 for that.

IF ANYONE CAN GET ME THE FOLLOWING:
1 copy of Shinobi
5-10 Jampacks that are 1 cent (I really need PS2 cases)
1 Xbox Exhibition 2
I WILL PAY $15 SHIPPED FOR IT ALL. MY CC WAS OUT OF THIS STUFF.

Clarification on Harvest Moon:

I called up my local circuit city with the UPC (which I got from half.com), and they said they had 1 in stock at $9.99. Upon searching the CC from top to bottom, it turns out they didn't have it.

So, I called all of the CC's within 50 miles (many of which I KNEW had at least 3 HM's), and all of them said that they had no record of the UPC. I decided to check it out anyway.

Within 1 minute of searching, I found 2 of them. Upon inspection of the game, it had new UPC stickers placed over the original ones, with a whole new set of numbers. Price checking it, it came up as $19.99, because it was labeled as a value bin game. I checked out a bunch of other games around it, like Escape from Monkey Island and Intellivision Lives!, and they all had the same stickers placed over their UPC's with the SAME bargain bin UPC. I asked the cashier if she would scan the barcode under the sticker, and she said she would if i peeled it off. I did, and the UPC wasn't in their system. Long story short, I got Harvest Moon and Intellivision Lives! for $30 total.

For anyone looking for a specific game, call your local Circuit city with the UPC number, and if they don't have a record of it, it's likely that you won't get the sale price (it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have it in stock). Me thinks CC is getting wise to us...

I just got back from Circuit City. Went thru alot of games, and as I was having them scanned, some email or something was sent to the person doing the price checking.
He told me he couldnt sell the games that hasd been lowered already and then combined with the 50% off sale.
I did get 3 games,
Balders Gater: Dark Alliance
SNK
Crazy Taxi 3
all for $9.99 each. there were more $9.99 games but None that really interested me.

JSRF was $5.00, but i didnt want it.

WHATEVER THE CASE, GET TO CC and see what you can still get. I dont know how long any of its gonna last.

bread's done
Back