Circuit City Clearance list. 5 - 10 dollar games as of June 18

Yeahman

CAGiversary!
June 18.

Since this list was bumped I changed it so that no one would think that the old prices still counted. At this point I don't know if CC has any kind of percentage clearance going.

Here then are the games that I know to be 5 - 10 as thier regular price.

GCN:

MX Superfly $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Star Wars Rogue leader $10
Street Hoops $10
Waverace Bluestorm $10
WWE Crushhour $10

XBOX:

Alter Echo $10
Batman Dark Tomorrow $10
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO $10
NBA 2K3 $10
Shenmue II $10
Triple Play 2002 $5

PS2:

Alter Echo $10
Breath of Fire:DQ $10
Corvette $10
Evergrace $10
Evolution Skateboarding $10
Haven $5
RTX Redrock $10
Shinobi $10
Silpheed
Transworld Surf $10
Wipeout Fusion $10

[quote name='moiety']Wooohoo! 1000th post!![/quote]

LOL Technically yours makes 1001 since that is the number of replies a thread has had, gotta add the first post in if you're going by total posts in a thread. ;)

But yeah, WoooooooooooooHooooooooo!!!!!!!! Was a great sale while it lasted!!! :D

That and $10 is including the shipping. I'm guessing they are waiting for it to be close to ending, cause I see people viewing, but no one doing a bid heh.

I know this was already mentioned here before, but I just want to post this to confirm it from another location. The Circuit City here at San Jose, CA has a sign in the clearance bin, saying the games are 20-30% off and that the deal is effective until 2/28. So it appears that there is a deadline for the deals

Can someone please list the games and prices on this clearance. I know they may be some of the same games from the last sale, but i would love to see the new prices. Thanks a bunch.

Today was the first day all week that i worked (at circuit city), i asked another employee and was able to get a list of the price changes :D
Nothing too good unfortunately. This is the list of games that is listed in action as of 1/16/2004(today) It is quite short, and nothing like the other games were on special, but i will see what else i can find.
PC Games/Software:
Anarchy Online Old Price:$19.99 New Price:$9.99
Ultra WinCleaner 2002 Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Ultra WinCleaner 2002 Utility Suite Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$29.99
Ultra WinCleaner Anti-Virus 2003 Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Old Price:$89.99 New Price:$49.99
C & C Generals Zero Hour Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Medal of Honor: Breakthrough Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Harry Potter: Quidditch Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Madden NFL 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
NASCAR Thunder 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
NBA Live 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
NHL 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
Tiger Woods 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
EA Rugby 2004 Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Lord of the Rings: ROTK Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
Sims Collection Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 Old Price:$19.99 New Price:$9.99

XBOX Games: (old prices not listed, only new)
NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2003 New Price:$9.99
Mission Impossible New Price:$39.99
Dungeons & Dragons New Price:$29.99

Playstation 2 games: (old prices not listed, only new)
KYA: Dark Lineage New Price:$19.99

*edit* Theres also a special going on, buy NFL Street for $49.99 (any console i beleive, not POSITIVE, about Game Cube) and receive a $10 gift card. This i believe is carrying over into next week aswell. The free controler for ps2 ends tomorrow!(controller is a madcatz microcon)

I list prices, then people tell me it's too high (people do make misjudgements, this IS my first time selling). Then I lower them, and people start accusing me of running a bid service. If they are too high or you think I'll get better feedback by lowering it, then share, don't start telling me outrageous price this, outrageous price that. I'm trying to help out the thread members by getting somewhat rare games here and offering it to people who can't find one within driving distance. I really do want to sell and once and for all:

ZOE2 $15
PDO $20

There, I said it.

Please PM by Sunday

[quote name='nintendokid']Then I lower them, and people start accusing me of running a bid service.[/quote]

Hmm. You're not? Then you gots some 'splaining to do, Loocie.

[quote name='nintendokid']It'll be on a BEST OFFER basis THROUGH PM[/quote]

That sounds like bidding to me. Usually the highest "bid" is a "best offer."

Look, if you're interested in selling those games for jacked up prices, just put them on eBay and be done with it already.

[quote name='nintendokid']I list prices, then people tell me it's too high (people do make misjudgements, this IS my first time selling). Then I lower them, and people start accusing me of running a bid service. If they are too high or you think I'll get better feedback by lowering it, then share, don't start telling me outrageous price this, outrageous price that. I'm trying to help out the thread members by getting somewhat rare games here and offering it to people who can't find one within driving distance. I really do want to sell and once and for all:

ZOE2 $15
PDO $20

There, I said it.

Please PM by Sunday[/quote]

This thread is awesome. First he complains that people post the info on other sites, then he says he's only going to let his special friends know the new prices on games, then he goes to the store and buys extra games to scalp them here.

"I bought PDO for $14 but I'm selling it for $32 because it's rare" LOL.

Best Buy has/had PDO for $9.99
Target has/had PDO or $3.75

Are we allowed to spam the threads with for sale or auction posts?

[quote name='dakkon10']Today was the first day all week that i worked (at circuit city), i asked another employee and was able to get a list of the price changes :D
Nothing too good unfortunately. This is the list of games that is listed in action as of 1/16/2004(today) It is quite short, and nothing like the other games were on special, but i will see what else i can find.
PC Games/Software:
Anarchy Online Old Price:$19.99 New Price:$9.99
Ultra WinCleaner 2002 Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Ultra WinCleaner 2002 Utility Suite Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$29.99
Ultra WinCleaner Anti-Virus 2003 Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Old Price:$89.99 New Price:$49.99
C & C Generals Zero Hour Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Medal of Honor: Breakthrough Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Harry Potter: Quidditch Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Madden NFL 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
NASCAR Thunder 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
NBA Live 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
NHL 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
Tiger Woods 2004 Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
EA Rugby 2004 Old Price:$29.99 New Price:$19.99
Lord of the Rings: ROTK Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
Sims Collection Old Price:$39.99 New Price:$19.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 Old Price:$19.99 New Price:$9.99

XBOX Games: (old prices not listed, only new)
NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2003 New Price:$9.99
Dungeons & Dragons New Price:$29.99

Playstation 2 games: (old prices not listed, only new)
KYA: Dark Lineage New Price:$19.99
Mission Impossible New Price:$19.99

*edit* Theres also a special going on, buy NFL Street for $49.99 (any console i beleive, not POSITIVE, about Game Cube) and receive a $10 gift card. This i believe is carrying over into next week aswell. The free controler for ps2 ends tomorrow!(controller is a madcatz microcon)[/quote]

dakkon10 you rule! Everyone go out and buy mission impossible. That's a great price for ps2!!

For all the inconveniences I've caused, I apologize. I just thought that those are the prices people usually sell them for but I guess not (look at my posts dude, I'm pretty new here man). It didn't work out, so it didn't work out. Eh, what can you say. Well, next time if I do again, I'll make sure I'm not on a tight budget and time limit so I can just offer for a very low price and place the deal somewhere appropriate, how's that? Can we drop it now.

Anyone know why Mario Party 4 is 49.99 still (CC employees)? No one even buys them anymore. Very strange...

[quote name='ft']This thread is awesome. First he complains that people post the info on other sites, then he says he's only going to let his special friends know the new prices on games, then he goes to the store and buys extra games to scalp them here.

"I bought PDO for $14 but I'm selling it for $32 because it's rare" LOL.

Best Buy has/had PDO for $9.99
Target has/had PDO or $3.75

Are we allowed to spam the threads with for sale or auction posts?[/quote]

I already posted thi...*sigh*...nevermind.

Dakkon thanks for the prices. =D>

Mission Impossible at 19.99 sounds like a good deal, but this site has made me a cheap ass.

I'll wait for 9.99 :twisted:

[quote name='simpsonps121']Well, this is really positive...

I had a wonderful experience today with a fellow CAGer. He met me at my house, took a $14.99 game and gave me 3 $5 ones in exchange. I then bought another $5 game from him, and he did not even charge me tax. :) (ok, .24 is no big deal.)

Here is the trade:
Indiana Jones
$5
for
Murakumo
Gungrave
Dragon Quarter
Shinobi.

This is what it is all about. Thanks a ton Mike.

Take Care,
Matthew[/quote]

You both got great deals (although, equal prices aside, I think you got the better deal). Fantastic.
-----------------------------------------------------
dakkon10: thanks for the updated list.

you're welcome to everyone who may get some use from the list.

NOTE* I'm very sorry for the error in my first post, but mission impossible for ps2 isn't 19.99 but it is 39.99, that was an error on my part, sorry =\

[quote name='nintendokid']
Anyone know why Mario Party 4 is 49.99 still (CC employees)? No one even buys them anymore. Very strange...[/quote]

I wish i knew, i was actually wondering this yesterday considering my sister went to best buy and paid 49.99 for it, even though she has mario party 5 :roll: i suppose she got tired of the same mini games

Banky, you've recently been promoted to my favorite person ever. And Nintendokid, I dig that you're new and all, hell I'm pretty new, but your CAG-bay stunt is not a "I'm new" type thing. It's a logic thing. Man we KNOW what it costs, we know what kind of profit you're turning, and you try to pull that stuff on people who are gathered SOLELY because of how much they fucking hate to spend money. Sorry, it just makes me giggle. I know you asked everyone to drop it. So, you know, I'm dropping.

[quote name='nintendokid']I list prices, then people tell me it's too high (people do make misjudgements, this IS my first time selling). Then I lower them, and people start accusing me of running a bid service. If they are too high or you think I'll get better feedback by lowering it, then share, don't start telling me outrageous price this, outrageous price that. I'm trying to help out the thread members by getting somewhat rare games here and offering it to people who can't find one within driving distance. I really do want to sell and once and for all:

ZOE2 $15
PDO $20

There, I said it.

You're still doubling the prices moron, thanks for "helping" us out here

I FINALLY found a copy of Waverace: Bluestorm yesterday here in Atlanta. $10 still! Whoop! Also, a few 2001 Jampacks for pennies. It was a good afternoon for me.

Man, I know most people would be bummed by the recent vicious turn this thread has taken, but I DIG IT. It's awesome to see the ONE THING that can turn CAGers nasty. And that's being over-charged. It's like an entire web-site of grandmas.

[quote name='Cmosfm'][quote name='nintendokid']I list prices, then people tell me it's too high (people do make misjudgements, this IS my first time selling). Then I lower them, and people start accusing me of running a bid service. If they are too high or you think I'll get better feedback by lowering it, then share, don't start telling me outrageous price this, outrageous price that. I'm trying to help out the thread members by getting somewhat rare games here and offering it to people who can't find one within driving distance. I really do want to sell and once and for all:

ZOE2 $15
PDO $20

There, I said it.

You're still doubling the prices moron, thanks for "helping" us out here[/quote]

To be fair, it is not doubling at this point. Remember, the prices at CC went up before he bought, so he paid $10.47 and $14.99 respectively, plus tax. If those do include shipping (it is unclear), then they are pretty reasonable. If the prices don't include shipping, they still aren't ridiculous, just making a few bucks for his trouble.

The problem, as I see it, is that he came on here with the idea that he could make a quick buck, and possibly with the secondary goal of helping some CAGs. There is nothing really wrong with making a buck (a figurative buck, I don't mean exactly $1), but with CAG being more of a community than most forums, and a community of cheapasses, no less, it just wasn't wise to try to do it here. He was new, he made a mistake, no big deal. I hope it doesn't drive him away. If one wants to help out fellow CAGs, that is great, but it should be one's primary purpose when posting a deal, not an afterthought.

I'll pay a quick buck if anyone can get me one of the following since both of my Circuit Cities suck. Skies of Arcadia, Lunar Silver Star Story, Contra Shattered Soldier, Mister Misquito or Shinobi. E-mail me [email protected]

And stop berating the guy trying to help those of us out who can't find none of these deals.

I agree with EndlessChris. Bitching and moaning because some dude might or might not be charging more than he should for games isn't going to help anyone. If you don't like his prices, don't make him an offer, or make him a better offer and see if he bites.

Oh, and the childish namecalling, such as whomever referred to him as "moron" only makes you look like the fool in the end. Unless of course, you are a child, then my apologies.

I think it's all agreed then!

@EndlessChris, I've got a sealed copy of Shinobi, I'll sell you for the low low price of $23.47 plus shipping & Paypal fees. I charge close to actual shipping, so no need to feel ripped off! :p

back from my trip to CC. Here's so new not so good prices. I'm some have been listed in previous posts, but I don't have time to sort through 30 pages. so here ya go.

Freaky Flyers(XB and ps2) $7
Defender(XB aps2) $7
ZoE2 10.47
Batman Dark tommorrow(xbox) 9.96
Batman rise of tin Tzu ps2 (13.96)
Wolverine PS2 -13
Head hunter 13-15(I forget)
Super bust a move 15
Brittney's Dance thing -11.87
MAce Griffen P and X 19.99
Wildarms 3 - 9.96
Rayman 3 -13

My Local CCs(Irving TX and Lewisville)had these games plus :HAven, Shenmue 2, Bloodrayne, Both buffys. Hope this helps.

Went to CC today, some prices are still skyrocketing....probably will not go down anymore:

Extermination 23.99
RE (GC) 15.99
Half-Life (PS2) 15.99
SOCOM w/ Headset 39.99
Mario Party 4 49.99
FF X 14.99 (as advertised, but is a worthy mention - even better if you can find an original non-GH case)

Extermination's been out since late 2001 so I know there must be a deal at Target or Toys R Us that I can cut a price match with. If anyone knows, please do PM and tell. And I swore I saw somewhere here on CAG.com that SOCOM headset was $20 somewhere which would be a steal for. Mario Party 4, well, the CC employees who do come on here, they should really tell the corporation to do something about it.

[quote name='nintendokid']Went to CC today, some prices are still skyrocketing....probably will not go down anymore:

Extermination 23.99
RE (GC) 15.99
Half-Life (PS2) 15.99
SOCOM w/ Headset 39.99
Mario Party 4 49.99
FF X 14.99 (as advertised, but is a worthy mention - even better if you can find an original non-GH case)

Extermination's been out since late 2001 so I know there must be a deal at Target or Toys R Us that I can cut a price match with. If anyone knows, please do PM and tell. And I swore I saw somewhere here on CAG.com that SOCOM headset was $20 somewhere which would be a steal for. Mario Party 4, well, the CC employees who do come on here, they should really tell the corporation to do something about it.[/quote]

GameStop has Extermination for $15, so you could price-match there.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=280063&affid=4965&source=buy

According to the thread on the KB Toys video game clearance, Extermination sells for $10 there, so try checking your local KB first. As for SOCOM with headset, I believe someone found that deal at Target. It was a clearance item, so YMMV.

Damnit, if only I knew Defender was $7...Anyways, I picked up:

Phantasy Star Online (Xbox) - $13.98 (I'm surprised know one has mentioned this one)
Amplitude - $19.99

On a side note, I found one of the Sega GT 2002/JSRF combo discs for the Xbox. I brought it up to the counter, but it wasn't in the computer. I told the guy I read online that it was only a penny. He said it was believable as he'd seen things go for a penny before, but he couldn't give it to me just like that. He then said if I found a price online or advertised, that I could bring it ni and they'd match it.

[quote name='Stunna-88']Damnit, if only I knew Defender was $7[/quote]

It was $11.98 when I was in there on Tuesday. I wonder if its gone back down.

[quote name='JediSB'][quote name='Stunna-88']Damnit, if only I knew Defender was $7[/quote]

It was $11.98 when I was in there on Tuesday. I wonder if its gone back down.[/quote]

I got Defender the day the prices started going up for 6.97 or so.

[quote name='JediSB'][quote name='Stunna-88']Damnit, if only I knew Defender was $7[/quote]

It was $11.98 when I was in there on Tuesday. I wonder if its gone back down.[/quote]

I bought Defender on Thurs, and it was still that price. So I doubt it

On side note, I know CC is not offering SOCOM headset bundle for less than 39.99 unless I find a place to match it. Peeps on the Target thread say it's $20 but I call Target to see if they had any and since they ran out, the punk, I mean employee, would not even give me the price it was going for because they only give out prices for ones that are in stock. Total BS. Anyone know somewhere I can refer to that will force CC into giving the SOCOM bundle for $20-25?

And videogamer324, thx, but I got it at Ultimate Electronics for $15 earlier today already. I only played it for 10 min waaay back in 2001. I'm very interested in this game now...it's been out for more than 2 1/2 years now, yet, even on CC's clearance list, it's still priced higher than Breath of Fire AND Xenosaga. The ratings have got to be deceiving on this one, it can't be THAT bad.

And here's a challenge for everyone: what's the status on P.N.03? 3 Circuit City's, no single copy. Only EB and Gamestop carry them and even they are low. What's going on?

[quote name='"Stunna-88"']Damnit, if only I knew Defender was $7...Anyways, I picked up:

Phantasy Star Online (Xbox) - $13.98 (I'm surprised know one has mentioned this one)
quote]

it was 19.99 last time I checked. Hmmm..

Bad news:

Arc the Lad ToS 39.99
Xbox Communicator (w/o 12 mos subscr. and Mechassault) 29.99

No drops. I swore I saw somewhere say that Arc the Lad was 19.99...Guess I was fantasizing. I can feel the thread coming to an end (with the dwindling replies). See you guys later...it was happy shopping from day one

[quote name='nintendokid']And here's a challenge for everyone: what's the status on P.N.03? 3 Circuit City's, no single copy. Only EB and Gamestop carry them and even they are low. What's going on?[/quote]

The last time I checked my local CC they had P.N.03 with a sticker of $30 on it. I'm not sure if it was ringing up for less or not as I didn't check. This was about a week ago (Parkersburg WV).

So, did anyone ever determine whether the PS2 Defender was $6.98 or $11.98? I am interested in it but I would only have enough money for the cheaper price...

Cool! :)

It was 50% off of $15 at $7.48 or whatever, then the day before the sale ended people reported getting it for $4.98 or something like that. which means CC dropped the price to $10. After the 50% off ended, I guess there's still a 20-30% select games going on, that would make it 30% off of $9.99 or 9.96 however it shows up, to still be ringing up for $6.98

Seems to be a good deal!

And that is the same price that most of the other $5 games are ringing out for now, which were half off of $10 Still deals to be had!

So is the Circuit City sale over ? I finally find this thread, and I decided to call CC and they said nothing is on sale and never has been. Do I drive 2 hours to a CC and see for myself or give it up ?

DJ_MO

Call your local CC & ask for Price Check (If they do have cheap price & the titles you wanted then ask them hold it for you)

Save times & Gas ;)

bread's done
Back