Circuit City Fail

Hybrid5006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
228 (100%)
One of the many reasons why they are closing down...

circuitso7.jpg

Before that, it says don't be left out. Left out from a game that was released a month ago and is available everywhere today...

[quote name='Liquid 2']Google hosts those ads, I believe.

And why are you not using adblock? :|[/QUOTE]

QTF x2. There's your fail right there.

Google hosts the ads, sure. But CC should have made sure the Google ads had changed by now considering it's over a month after the game's release. Very bad ad team there, I'd say.

[quote name='Eviltude']QTF x2. There's your fail right there.[/quote]
I personally don't use AdBlock because I support the sites I go to. By Blocking their ads, you are blocking their revenue stream. Without revenue, the site has to either shut done or charge for content.
I am in no way trying to start any type of argument or hijack the thread, just giving you one reason someone would no use AdBlock.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']I personally don't use AdBlock because I support the sites I go to. By Blocking their ads, you are blocking their revenue stream. Without revenue, the site has to either shut done or charge for content.
I am in no way trying to start any type of argument or hijack the thread, just giving you one reason someone would no use AdBlock.[/quote]

Exactly.

I have seen the ad as well, just laughed and moved on. Dead of Knight is also right in that CC.com's ad team (is there one left?) should have noticed what Google was sending out and changed it to something like SF IV or Resident Evil 5, or some other big, multiplatform title coming in the next couple of months.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']OMG! Cirkut City is teh sux0rz!! LULZ! Hey, u wanna come by and listen to my MC Hammer tapez?[/quote]

If you're being serious, then yes, yes I would!

[quote name='liberaltugboat']I personally don't use AdBlock because I support the sites I go to. By Blocking their ads, you are blocking their revenue stream. Without revenue, the site has to either shut done or charge for content.
I am in no way trying to start any type of argument or hijack the thread, just giving you one reason someone would no use AdBlock.[/quote]

Thus far, I haven't found anything worthwhile to actually click through on the ads that pop up at the top of the screen here on CAG in the three years or so I've been here aside from one and it was that Swoopo 'auction' site.

You know the one, where you place an incremental bid on an item and pay $1 for each bid, thus making the actual cost of the item up for auction go above and beyond the MSRP in many cases if there's a shitton of bids on it.

Other than that one there hasn't been anything that's been a deal or steal that intrigued me.

While your reasons may have some truth, there are sites out there that these ads actually will install junk/spyware/adware/and even viruses on your machine. So ABP is the way to go for firefox.

I am in no way trying to start any type of argument or hijack the thread, just giving you one reason someone would no use AdBlock.[/QUOTE]

Or Cheapy may have to *gasp* get a job!

bread's done
Back