Circuit City honoring lower price on erroneously priced 32GB Vita memory cards

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!
About a week ago, Circuit City and Tiger Direct put up 32GB Vita memory cards on Amazon erroneously priced at $40. Some folks here tried to get the cards at this price and, as expected, got their orders cancelled.

Just a few minutes ago, I got an automated Amazon Marketplace e-mail saying Circuit City will honor the lower price but you have to click a link within the e-mail to resubmit your order. Oddly, the link goes to TigerDirect.com instead of Amazon.

Check your inboxes.

EDIT- Also, I'd like to give a hearty "fuck you" to the asshat who gave a 1-star thread rating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my email.

" Thank you for your recent order. We are writing to you in regards to our previous notice for the PlayStation 32GB Vita Memory Card. We sincerely apologize for the listing error.

We have contacted our supplier and would like you to know that we will fulfill your order as originally placed; and assure you that we will honor the original price you expected.

Since this product will not be listed online. A new order would have to be placed directly with us. The supplier is expecting the inventory by the end of next week. If you choose to reorder please click on the link below and we will contact you. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue."

Is there any way to contact Circuit City on Amazon? I have Gift Card credit I want to use for this.

[quote name='Nohbdy']EDIT- Also, I'd like to give a hearty "fuck you" to the asshat who gave a 1-star thread rating.[/QUOTE]

80431456.jpg

I logged in just to add another 1-star...

I ordered through buy.com. They stole my money immediately and has yet to refund me, from the 19th of Feb.

Did anyone get anywhere from them to honor the price? There is no way it was an error as the same item page now lists a higher price.

Well I'm glad to see they are doing this, making amends for that whole cluster fuck. Makes me wish I had ordered 1 my 16 meg card filling up fast.

I got the e-mail too. I don't have a vita, but a $40 32 GB memory card may persuade me to join the party.

[quote name='tightclaws']Well I'm glad to see they are doing this, making amends for that whole cluster fuck. Makes me wish I had ordered 1 my 16 meg card filling up fast.[/QUOTE]

16 meg?

I got my email. I'll believe it when I get my order clicking on that link just says thank you. Its like if I signed up to a newsletter

Wait what? My order already got canceled (bought it through Amazon) a while ago and theres nothing on my Amazon account regarding this anymore at all (been the case since a couple days after order) and no e-mail either. Gonna bet I don't get one either :|

[quote name='bzchanboy']Did anyone purchase from Amazon.com and TigerDirect get a email yet?[/QUOTE]

Same for buy.com...

I got the email from tigerdirect. I have been at war with them for two weeks now trying to get my money refunded from the original order. I didn't get a chance to refuse the package and they haven't sent me a return shipping label yet. And they won't refund me until they get the package back. I wonder if I am going to have to pay for this again and continue to fight with them to get my original 40 refunded. I filed a complaint with the BBB this morning about it, as if that is going to make any difference.

[quote name='Romeo']I ordered through buy.com. They stole my money immediately and has yet to refund me, from the 19th of Feb.

Did anyone get anywhere from them to honor the price? There is no way it was an error as the same item page now lists a higher price.[/QUOTE]

The buy.com orders were through tigerdirect so you have to deal directly through them. I can't get them to refund me to this point either.You should get this email, though. I just did.

[quote name='steve_dave']The buy.com orders were through tigerdirect so you have to deal directly through them. I can't get them to refund me to this point either.You should get this email, though. I just did.[/QUOTE]

Did you order from Buy as well? Are these emails coming from tiger directly?

Neither were willing to help, spent a good 45 minutes on the phone with both yesterday.

I bought 2 through buy.com using PayPal and was just issued my refund right before they sent the email about honoring the price mistake. I was never shipped Wipeout so I didn't have to worry about refusing the package or doing a return to TigerDirect. I hope they really do honor this as my 8GB card is already full.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Lame, think I just barely missed this when it happened...[/QUOTE]

It's disgusting that we even have to fight and think that even $40 is a good deal for 32GB. Right now a 32GB micro SD card is under $30 yet a vita card is more than triple for the same chip in a slightly different design. That should be illegal.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I got my email. I also want to smile widely at those that kept trying to get us to cancel our orders.[/QUOTE]
Got it too. And this.

[quote name='Romeo']Did you order from Buy as well? Are these emails coming from tiger directly?

Neither were willing to help, spent a good 45 minutes on the phone with both yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I ordered through buy.com but this email is coming directly from tigerdirect. If you don't mind me asking, what did tigerdirect tell you about the return label/refund. I have only been dealing with them through email. I can't get them to even respond anymore. Last Wednesday they told me I would have a return label within 2-3 business days. I have yet to get anything.

buy.com refunded me FULLY for the tiger direct nonsense, then they told me I didn't have to return the product (wipeout)

so then I receive an email a couple days later from tiger direct with the UPS return label, too late guys, already got refunded and opened the product and enjoying wipeout.

now I get an email like you guys have stated about they will honor the price, I'm thinking about getting another 32gb for $40

[quote name='steve_dave']I ordered through buy.com but this email is coming directly from tigerdirect. If you don't mind me asking, what did tigerdirect tell you about the return label/refund. I have only been dealing with them through email. I can't get them to even respond anymore. Last Wednesday they told me I would have a return label within 2-3 business days. I have yet to get anything.[/QUOTE]

My order was canceled on the 20th, nothing ever shipped.

Tiger states I ordered a game and won't do anything for me.

Buy (with their foreign support) lied to me and said the item was on backorder and was canceled because of that.

I've not received any emails since.

[quote name='Romeo']My order was canceled on the 20th, nothing ever shipped.

Tiger states I ordered a game and won't do anything for me.

Buy (with their foreign support) lied to me and said the item was on backorder and was canceled because of that.

I've not received any emails since.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so what do you want them to do?

Damn, I had ordered from TigerDirect on Amazon. All I got was an email from TigerDirect and Amazon themselves about my order being cancelled. That was like the same day or the next after my order though. :(

$40 should be the correct price anyhow.

For anybody that doesn't know it, TigerDirect owns the rights to the names Circuit City and CompUSA. My great uncle likes using them. I don't know if I ever ordered from them before. Certainly not much at all if I did. They seem just borderline sketchy to me, can't quite place why. I know they deal in a high volume of refurbished goods.

If anybody already bought a different card, and don't want the one from the email, I'd send you a 16gb card and 20 bucks for your 32gb. PM Me

[quote name='barrit']Damn, I had ordered from TigerDirect on Amazon. All I got was an email from TigerDirect and Amazon themselves about my order being cancelled. That was like the same day or the next after my order though. :([/QUOTE]

Mine was also ordered through Amazon and I got the email. Give it a day.

[quote name='pwnthee']$40 should be the correct price anyhow.

For anybody that doesn't know it, TigerDirect owns the rights to the names Circuit City and CompUSA. My great uncle likes using them. I don't know if I ever ordered from them before. Certainly not much at all if I did. They seem just borderline sketchy to me, can't quite place why. I know they deal in a high volume of refurbished goods.[/QUOTE]

Crap like this fiasco is exactly why they are sketchy.

Stupid question but when I click the link in the email I just get a kind of generic page on tigerdirect. Is that normal?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Mine was also ordered through Amazon and I got the email. Give it a day.[/QUOTE]

Hm, is your order still showing on Amazon though? Mine is gone completely, as if it never happened. I was sent an email from TigerDirect about it being a mistake and was really Wipeout HD, and that it would be cancelled. Then I got one from Amazon later as well saying how the order is cancelled.

Speaking of Vita Memory cards. Did anyone else order the $0.02 4-gig memory cards? I got an email for my order a long while back saying they were going to still fulfill the order. Every since that day, I'm having to approve a delay to my order every.single.day, even while I would see they were "In Stock" by Amazon.

Got my email and accepted. Hopefully it goes through this time.

As for the original order, it did take quite an effort to get my money back. Buy didn't help, nor did Tiger. I'll tell you what did: filing a claim with Paypal. Those bastards refunded me hours later, lol!

Good luck to all in getting your (our) cards this time.

With the disturbingly ridiculous price gouging they are doing with the memory(WOW...), they'd better have an 8-16GB WIFI bundle w/game for $200 on Black Friday.

[quote name='barrit']Speaking of Vita Memory cards. Did anyone else order the $0.02 4-gig memory cards? I got an email for my order a long while back saying they were going to still fulfill the order. Every since that day, I'm having to approve a delay to my order every.single.day, even while I would see they were "In Stock" by Amazon.[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend is going through the exact same thing. I did get mine though. I had ordered HSG for Vita and the card shipped out with the game.

[quote name='barrit']Hm, is your order still showing on Amazon though? Mine is gone completely, as if it never happened. I was sent an email from TigerDirect about it being a mistake and was really Wipeout HD, and that it would be cancelled. [/QUOTE]

No, I don't have the order anymore. It's also funny how Amazon wipes it off the face of the earth. Anyway, the email is from TigerDirect/Circuit City. You click the link and it opts you into the deal, but we are all waiting to be contacted again.

[quote name='WormFOODx']No, I don't have the order anymore. It's also funny how Amazon wipes it off the face of the earth. Anyway, the email is from TigerDirect/Circuit City. You click the link and it opts you into the deal, but we are all waiting to be contacted again.[/QUOTE]

That's why you copy and paste it, screen cap it, or something...

[quote name='Nohbdy']About a week ago, Circuit City and Tiger Direct put up 32GB Vita memory cards on Amazon erroneously priced at $40. Some folks here tried to get the cards at this price and, as expected, got their orders cancelled.

Just a few minutes ago, I got an automated Amazon Marketplace e-mail saying Circuit City will honor the lower price but you have to click a link within the e-mail to resubmit your order. Oddly, the link goes to TigerDirect.com instead of Amazon.

Check your inboxes.

EDIT- Also, I'd like to give a hearty "fuck you" to the asshat who gave a 1-star thread rating.[/QUOTE]

I did not give the 1 star but would have because this is really not a deal asashat

[quote name='pedrobeara']I did not give the 1 star but would have because this is really not a deal asashat[/QUOTE]

I am not sure that you should be calling folks "asshat" until you get a firm understanding of the use of proper punctuation.

[quote name='WormFOODx']No, I don't have the order anymore. It's also funny how Amazon wipes it off the face of the earth. Anyway, the email is from TigerDirect/Circuit City. You click the link and it opts you into the deal, but we are all waiting to be contacted again.[/QUOTE]

I see people mentioning orders from AMZ and CC getting emails. Are Buy customers definitively getting the same emails?

The only other one I just received is a survey email if they met my expectations..... seriously.

bread's done
Back