Circuit City is cheapass gaming heaven right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braden

CAGiversary!
I'm sure that most of you have already seen these deals posted on the main page, BUT!...

...most of them show that they are SOLD OUT on Circuit City's website!

Still, there is hope!

I went into my local Circuit City yesterday to see if they still had any of the following games in stock that were advertised cheap on this website, but were sold out on THEIR website. I found the following (all for PS2, btw)-

Alter Echo- Priced @ $20, but rang up for $10
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven- Priced @ 40, but rang up for $15
Wild Arms 3- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner- Priced @ $30, but rang up for a cool $15!

And lastly, for you Gamecube owners...

I found a copy of Resident Evil: RE pricemarked @ $30, but ringing up for $20! I brought this up to them, on the wim, that as it was an older game, it would probably ring up cheaper than marked. I was right!

I dropped a little less than $90 (after tax), but walked out with 6, count 'em, SIX!, "decent to good to GREAT!" games!!!

That averages out to less than $15 per game people!

The guy that scanned them for me even admitted that they had some Re-pricing to do! So, now is the time to hit Circuit City! Before they catch up with their pricing, and other shoppers SEE the bargains!

If you have a CC in your town, do as I did...

Start by searching their website games (even if they show that they are "out of stock"!), then compile a list of what you want. Go to the store and hunt them down. Take a pile of games up to a clerk, or register, regardless of the "marked" price, and have that person scan them. They should match the website price. @ least they have @ my local CC here in Springfield, MO.!

Don't waste another minute. Plan your strategy now as Black Friday's coming and after that, they may be GONE, due to all of the bargain shoppers!!!

~~When life gives you lemons, return 'em @ Wal-Mart for higher credit! LOL~~

I would pick those games up for you, but my credit cards are all maxed out cause of CAG :), I don't have a PS2, but I saw at least 1 or 2 of those games at my Circuit City.

I made another Circuit City run today.

I picked up:
Zoocube (GCN) $9.99
Tiger Woods 2003 (GCN) for $9.99
Triple Play 2002 (XBOX) for $4.99
Quantum Redshift (XBOX) for $4.99
Sega GT 2002 / Jet Set Radio Future (XBOX) for $.01
Gamecube Couchside Assistance Kit for $.01

I also had a few games that scanned below the marked price. I am posting them in case anyone is interested in the prices:
NHL 2k3 (XBOX) $14.99
Gunmetal (XBOX) $19.99

I'm too lazy to post an updated list, but I think that one is in order here! LOL!

Anyway people, just remember, this ISN'T a SALE, this IS the prices that CC has these games clearanced for (if you can find them)!

It irritates me to no end when people ask-

"When does this sale end?"

It doesn't people!!!

These are the prices that CC has clearanced these games for!

When the games are gone from every CC EVERYWHERE, THAT is WHEN this ends!

Until then, keep checking your CC's! There is very little alphabetical order to be found within the stores, soooooo...

Search behind other games, go to other areas of the store, ask employees for help, do what you have to do, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!...

For the love of GOD! Don't think that this is a temporary SALE! These are their permanent prices!!!

DAMN! I need to calm down...

lol.

Hmm, I didn't know RAD was on sale. I could have sworn that I checked that one....I guess it's back to CC for me.

WOW!

I can't belived it "REZ for (PS2)" for $80.00 plus shipping at ebay. Really peoples bidding that much for this game!!!

Too meeeh $24.99 is still too much :)

Hey, first off thanks to the previous posters to make this such an easy deal! Only one of the games I got was marked correctly, making it a pretty cool "secret" deal known only to us cheapasses. Here's what I got:

PS2 Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - 9.96
GC Wave Race - 9.96
PS2 Haven - 4.96
PS2 Pryzm - 7.99
PS2 Mister Mosquito - 4.99
= 5 games for ~$40!

Be sure to add Mister Mosquito to your list. I'm not sure if it was $10 with 50% off, or 4.99 to begin with. I didn't see it on the list, but I had a feeling this one would be discounted. I saw RAD but it looked to high for $25 :wink:
I think I might make another stop to see what else I may have missed.

I just went, 7:30 1/2/04

Breath of Fire ps2
Red Faction GC
Capcom vs Snk xbox

These went for buy 3 get whatever off, so they totaled about 6 a piece

Final Fantasy Origins ps1
Maximo original, but rang up as greatist hits
Panzer dragoon.

So I got 6 games for 49.84

[quote name='Detective_thorn']I made another Circuit City run today.

I picked up:
Zoocube (GCN) $9.99

I also had a few games that scanned below the marked price. I am posting them in case anyone is interested in the prices:
NHL 2k3 (XBOX) $14.99
Gunmetal (XBOX) $19.99[/quote]

What exactly is the Gamecube Couchside Assistance Kit? :whistle2:s

[quote name='froinlaven']Hey, first off thanks to the previous posters to make this such an easy deal! Only one of the games I got was marked correctly, making it a pretty cool "secret" deal known only to us cheapasses. Here's what I got:

PS2 Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - 9.96
GC Wave Race - 9.96
PS2 Haven - 4.96
PS2 Pryzm - 7.99
PS2 Mister Mosquito - 4.99
= 5 games for ~$40!

Be sure to add Mister Mosquito to your list. I'm not sure if it was $10 with 50% off, or 4.99 to begin with. I didn't see it on the list, but I had a feeling this one would be discounted. I saw RAD but it looked to high for $25 :wink:
I think I might make another stop to see what else I may have missed.[/quote]

So Mister Mosquito IS 50% off - I was going to check it out but decided not to. Yes, originally it is $10, so if it's $5 now, then it's one of CC's 50% off games.

This deal just keeps getting better!

If anyone can pick up REZ and CapcomSNK for me... I'd really appreciate it.

I've looked at 4 CCs... no one has these in my area.

[quote name='rapsodist'][quote name='Detective_thorn']I made another Circuit City run today.

I picked up:
Zoocube (GCN) $9.99

NHL 2k3 (XBOX) $14.99
Gunmetal (XBOX) $19.99[/quote]

What exactly is the Gamecube Couchside Assistance Kit? :whistle2:s[/quote]

It is a box with a microwave popcorn bag, 4 coasters, a pen/erase pad for gaming notes, I think it was for free with Gamecube purchase. The popcorn is good.

Im going back to Circuit city to pick up more games, just a reminder look behind games, I bought 6 games yesterday and only 1 was where it should have been, look behind things!

You guys are so freakin' lucky. My CC is excellent at arranging their games, so there's no point in looking behind games for hidden gems :?

That being said, I'm going to stop by in a few minutes to see if there's any BG&E lying around.

I went to CC around 1pm in Vegas. I found Wreckless (Xbox) & JSRF for $4.96 each. I also purchased Beyond Good & Evil for PS2 (there were plenty). I also saw one copy of Rez, but I didn't have enough money to get it.

It was kind of amusing because the employee went to talk to the manager to check if these games were really $5 when marked as $20.

I might go back there for the last copy of Rez. It was hiding behind a bunch of crappy games.

Ok. Here is what I got at the Circut City:

Dead To Rights GC- $14.99
Bauder's Gate Dark Alliance GC- $7.50-x2
Summoner GC- $3.32
Star Wars: Clone Wars GC- $3.32
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance GC- $9.99

Zone of The Enders( w MGS2 demo) PS2- $3.32
Zone of The Enders 2 PS2- $14.96- x2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven PS2- $14.96 x2
Capcom Vs SNK 2 PS2- $9.99 x2
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 PS2- $13.32 x2
Mobile Light Force 2 PS2- $4.49
Silent Scope 3 PS2- $9.99
Gun Griffon Blaze PS2- $4.98
Silpheed PS2- $4.98
Grandia 2 PS2- $7.48
Guilty Grear X2 PS2- $13.32 x2
Jampack Summer '02 PS2- $.01
Jampack Winter '02 PS2- $0.1

Crazy Taxi 3 Xbox- $9.99
Red Facton II Xbox- $14.96
Panzer Dragoon Orta Xbox- $9.99

Alot of these got a lower discout cause I got the clerk to give me the extra $20 off when you buy 3 games :twisted:

Actually if you see Sunday's ad for CC you see that it still mentions the 1/2 off sale. As I mentioned before, hopefully this means including even more games to this sale.

Yesterday, I went to the Circuit City on...

2500 N. Elston Avenue
Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 772-0037

The Xbox section was virtually bone-dry of good deals, but there were still a few left. So, I bought...

BloodRayne (Xbox) $10 (The very last copy!)
Serious Sam (Xbox) $10 (1 or 2 copies left)

They also have...

Burnout (Xbox) $10 (1 or 2 copies left)
Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox) $5 (3 copies left)
NBA 2K3 (Xbox) $10 (1 copy left)
Enclave (Xbox) I think it's $10? (1 copy left)

I did a price check on...

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (Xbox) $20 (Has a Value Sticker or red $19.99 price tag sticker)
TimeSplitters 2 (Xbox) $20 (Has Value Sticker)

Hopefully tomorrow I will get a chance to go to another CC, my search still continues for...

Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO (Xbox) $10
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller (Xbox) $10
Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (Xbox) $5 or $10 (The version that doesn't have Value Stickers)
TimeSplitters 2 (Xbox) $10 (The version that doesn't have Value Stickers)
Unreal Championship (Xbox) $10 (Non Platinum Hits version)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions (Xbox) $5 (Non Platinum Hits version)
Xbox Exhibition Demo Disc Volume 4 (Xbox) $5

just about any game 60% and above on gamerankings for PS2 would be worth $5 (BloodRayne PS2 got around 70%)

I have found quite a few games that are 50% off or more that are not on the lists here, so if you see a game at circuit city that is somewhat old have them price check it. These are some of the games I have found...
-(PS2)Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance 19.99
-(PS2)Ninja Assault 22.00
-(PS2)Gundam Fedaration vs Zeon 25.00

[quote name='javeryh']Is Bloodrayne for PS2 worth $5?[/quote]

Heck yay! The first levels are slow but once you earn most of your special abilities, it really picks up!

[quote name='Downhome']Is there a list of all games under $10 anywhere?[/quote]

Here is the most complete list of games that are on sale at CC. Some are more than $10.

Hey! Just as a favor, could you guys list the location of your Circuit City when posting your scores? Thanks to all who have already done so.

Both circuit cities by me in Michigan do not have most of the price deals mentioned in this thread. I sound like a complainer I know, but it would be helpful to more than just me to know where the good deals are

THANKS!.

[quote name='bmulligan']Hey! Just as a favor, could you guys list the location of your Circuit City when posting your scores? Thanks to all who have already done so.

Both circuit cities by me in Michigan do not have most of the price deals mentioned in this thread. I sound like a complainer I know, but it would be helpful to more than just me to know where the good deals are

THANKS!.[/quote]

I definitely agree with you -- it's far easier to go through area reports when people actually tell you what area they're from. I think there should be a mandate to have everyone fill out the Location section of the user profile with city and state.

[quote name='bmulligan']Hey! Just as a favor, could you guys list the location of your Circuit City when posting your scores? Thanks to all who have already done so.

THANKS!.[/quote]

I'm not sure where Brighton is, but the Circuit City's I went to in Michigan over christmas break, the ones in NOVI (right next to twelve oaks mall) and the one in WESTLAND (on Warren), were doing the deals I believe. I got Tenchu for 14.98 at the one in Novi and Gungrave for 4.98 at the one in Westland. dont know if that helps you at all.

In case anyone is interested, the Circuit City in Dickson City, PA has two copies of Ico (labeled at $29.99) as of Sunday afternoon, 1/11. I've heard this game is really good but hard to find, so there you go.

BTW, this store also had the JSRF/SGT and Tetris/Clone Wars discs marked at $99.99. WTF is that about?

Another decent "score" @ Circuit City!

Just for the hell of it, I stopped by CC tonight to see if they had any copies of Mega Man & Bass for GBA, knowing that Best Buy had them recently advertised on their website for $9.99. And even though the BB website showed that they were on backorder, I thought I'd see if they would match the price anyway.

Anyway, I looked around for a bit. Finally I found what I believe was the last copy they had. The box beneath the plastic security casing looked like it had been stepped on by a GBA hating fat woman, but I figured that the game etc..., would still be in good condition despite that.

I found the nearest employee and asked him if they pricematched Best Buy's website. He said that he believed they would. So I told him that BB had this game priced @ $9.99 (not mentioning the fact that, the last time I checked BB's website, it showed that this game was on backorder).

I handed him the game, and he told me that he would be right back. A couple of minutes later he walked back up to me, and handed me the game with a small receipt like piece of paper on top, and told me to take it to the register, and they would take care of the pricematch there.

When I got to the register, the girl scanned the piece of paper and the game came up to only $7.98! For a second or two I was in a small state of shock, until I remembered that when they pricematch there, that they give 110% of the difference.

This puts a new twist on this topic, as you should now be hunting out cheap games on BB's website to get an even cheaper price @ CC!

Yes, I know that most of you already knew that CC matched BB's website, and that they give another 110% of the difference, as did I. But I had never really thought of the possibilities until now.

Does anyone know if they will pricematch any other/if not all other websites? Or do they have to be competing stores with websites? If so, which ones? I am on another mission now!

BTW, although the box was smashed somewhat, the game and and manual were completely undamaged.

Another btw, this was, once again, @ the Springfield, MO. CC, even though I really think that I probably got the last copy of this game.

I tried pricematching something from Kmart.com once and they wouldn't do it. Some Circuit City's do pricematches for online retailers and competitors, some don't. oh well.

I was at CC in Bellingham WA tonight, and only found one game from the list topic that was posted. I walked up to the cashier and asked them for a price check on ICO for PS2, and it rang up as $23.99 rather than the 29.99 that was marked. Problem is, the list topic shows it for $15.00 . Am I missing something? :?:

[quote name='asianxcore']I tried pricematching something from Kmart.com once and they wouldn't do it. Some Circuit City's do pricematches for online retailers and competitors, some don't. oh well.[/quote]

I always bring a print out of the game, and also a printout of Circuit Cities Pricematch policy that is listed on their website. It says that they have to PM websites as long as their local store equivelant is close by.

I went back for a few of the $5 titles I had missed and several were in the $6.xx range. Wolverine's Revenge was $13.xx. Of the titles I had grabbed, only Haven was still at the same price as the a few days ago. I was hoping it was the CC I went to (a different one than usual, I was on the road), but perhaps prices are back on the rise.

Actually, when I went to my Circuit City in Pburgh NJ, I got a bunch of 5 dollar titles and took them to the register. Only Haven came up as 5, the others were about 6 something. For 4 of the '5 dollar' games I wound up paying 27.

What's up with this, hm?

Curiouser and curiouser indeed...

[quote name='lupinckc']I was at CC in Bellingham WA tonight, and only found one game from the list topic that was posted. I walked up to the cashier and asked them for a price check on ICO for PS2, and it rang up as $23.99 rather than the 29.99 that was marked. Problem is, the list topic shows it for $15.00 . Am I missing something? :?:[/quote]

I believe that the $15 price was a product of the 50% off sale that happened recently there. If so, $15 would be right, as half of $30 (the original marked price) is $15. It had probably been marked down to $23.99 shortly after the sale, or during the 50% off sale, they just looked @ the sticker price, and took 50% off of that. I dunno really.

Someone correct me if I am wrong on this, as this is just an assumption on my part.

Hmm, are these Xbox games still on sale?...

Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer ($9.99)
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc ($9.99)

Hopefully I can go tomorrow to Circuit City...

Prices on most of the 50% off games were jacked back up a few bucks. Not quite full price, not quite a really good deal either.

I love you.

[quote name='tmbgman']Prices on most of the 50% off games were jacked back up a few bucks. Not quite full price, not quite a really good deal either.

I love you.[/quote]

I love you too! :wink:

Sorry to get a little off topic, but Braden, i live 20 miles away from Springfield MO!
I hope i can still get deals like this
And, do we still have a KB toys in the mall in SPFLD?

Very few left at the CC here in Springfield. Yes there is a KB toys in the mall here, but even fewer good deals there. Best of luck though!

was at CC today these were the prices:

Robotech rang up 15.99 up from 4.99 :(
Hitman (GC ver) rang up 23.99
Freaky fliers rang up 6.xx good but not 4.99 good :)
matt hoffman pro bmx2 (XBox) rang up 4.99!!
tenchu (ps2) rang up 14.99, same price its been for a while
Exhibition vol2 (xbox demo) rang up 1.58, even better it has a dam near complete ver of Capcom vs Snk 2 EO!! (it was missing a save feature, online mode, and featured japenesse text, but otherwise the whole frigg'in game is there!)

Most of the prices have been marked back up at the locations I went to :evil: Oh well. I did take some to the cashier to price check them, and they really were marked up. Its cool. I did find myself a copy of Gitaroo-Man that I have been looking for, and for only $15.

Huge ASS bump, just for the HELL of it!

Are these prices still happening, and where???!!!

Can anyone still benefit from this? I doubt it,... but-

How about those CC deals people!!!???

[quote name='Braden']....right....

INDEED!

Nothing is happening @ CC!!!

They NOW officially kinda SUCK.[/quote]

What about the $5 off sale, or the price match with Best Buy's $5 game sale less than a month ago? I got Wario World, Freedom Fighters & Sphinx from there for less than $10 total.

Actually, I bought Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox) for $5, three weeks ago!!! I was surprised the game was still $5! I guess no one bought the game because the price sticker is still $50... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back